Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots Which are the Best Pairs this Week?

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 121 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarnguyenqh.mt
      Participant

I don’t have much data forward test for the last week, because it opened very less trades, only few. That’s why I can’t tell which pairs are the top performance at this moment, this current market. So anyone can share the top 3 please. Thank you very much

User AvatarChris Barry
      Participant

Hi all,

Three days ago I  installed the 7 FTMO EA’s and didn’t change the settings and the lot size has stayed the same which is 1. I have been losing (-700.00) with 0ne or two wins. I also had a -1,117 hit to my account because the EA opened GBPCAD and didn’t leave a stop lose so this trade is red.  My question is: Should I stop using the EA’s, Should I make some changes, or Should I increase the lots size from 1 to ?. This is a prop account and I was positive before the EA’s, so I have some room to turn things around. Thanks for the help,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear from you.

1. I updated the FTMO Robot with 7 versions, but this does not mean you have to trade all of them in 1 account but select which one you want to use. For example, you can put them all in one trial and follow the results. Check which ones bring the most profits and use it on your Challange or Funded account.

For example, here are all my recent trades where I am testing the 7 EAs (arranged by comments/magic numbers)

2. Then, what I would do is connect the account with FXBlue and see which EAs are most profitable:

In this case, I have 4 that bring profits in current market conditions. So I can pick 1 or 2 that I would trade on my challenge or FTMO-funded account.

At the moment the FTMO Robot for EURNZD is the top performer.

And I always combine with the scaling-up system I show in the FTMO Course.

3. All the EAs have SL, check the first screenshot.

But that is what I would do. It doesn’t mean you have to do it the same way. 🙂

User AvatarJanek
      Participant

Hi,

Is the EURNZD still the best performer?

Thanks,
      Janek

Hey Janek,

In the last few days of the week, it was the EURAUD. I recorded a video showing exactly how I manage it:

User AvatarJanek
      Participant

Hi Petko,

Thank you  for creating the video and answering here 🙂

Hey Janek,

I appreciate it! I am going to add this video to the course since it turned out to be valuable indeed!

User AvatarCraig
      Participant

Hi all,

These 7 bots have different Risk to Reward Ratios. Is that correct? The default EA’s when loaded?

AUDNZD 1 to 0.5

EURAUD 1 to 0.56

EURCAD 1 to 0.41

EURNZD 1 to 1.5

GBPAUD 1 to 1.85

GBPCAD 1 to 0.83

NZDJPY 1 to 0.44

Or do I need to change the RR to a 1 to 2 or 1 to 3?

Thanks

User AvatarCraig
      Participant

Sorry to add, I’d these RR’s are correct I would need to modify my Lot sizes so that the max lot size is 1%?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I think what you are wanting to do is to limit the risk of account loss to 1%.  This is done by a calculation based upon the account size, risk in percent, and the Stop Loss.  All the EAs have their individual SL set to the required number of pips to equal an account loss of 1% so you do not need to change anything.  All you need to do is set the lot size based upon your account size as follows:

200K Account: Amount for new position = 6.0 / Maximum position amount = 6.0
        100K Account: Amount for new position = 3.0 / Maximum position amount = 3.0
        50K Account: Amount for new position = 1.5 / Maximum position amount = 1.5
        25K Account: Amount for new position = 0.75 / Maximum position amount = 0.75
        10K Account: Amount for new position = 0.30 / Maximum position amount = 0.30

User AvatarLuke Sidwell
      Participant

Hi all,

starting a thread to discus which EAs we plan to use for the week. Please make sure you put what version and a quick reason why

User AvatarLuke Sidwell
      Participant

personally I’m using

10k funded

v4.3 – EURAUD, EURUSD and GBPCAD. Overall last week made me 3% so hoping this carries on.

20k funded

V5 – EURUSD, EURAUD and USDCHF. Overall the backtesting results look very good so putting them on at reduced risk.

User AvatarSipho Bhiya
        Participant

Awesome results, thank you for sharing… do you scale up the lots?

User AvatarLuke Sidwell
          Participant

Yeah so I scaled up but not as aggressively as recommended in case of risk

User AvatarPrimalSci
        Participant

Nice one Luke.
        I am still testing V5. It is 50 50 my end. Still running on a 200k demo.

We should set up a Discord Group.
        Maybe share additional info etc.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

I tend to agree for v4.3, although EURUSD drove most of the profit. I’m still testing v5.

User Avatarmartin garstang
      Participant

This is a great thread thanks for starting it.

I’m going to use 4.3v EURUSD not had enough trades on the v5s yet. I then will review it again Wednesday and hopefully chuck a v5 on to my 10k challenge.

Luke did you pass the funded challenges woth these robots ?

User AvatarLuke Sidwell
        Participant

Yeah passed phase one and now 1% up on phase 2 using the bots

Participant

We need a telegram group be so much easier to discuss the robots etc …..

User AvatarSipho Bhiya
      Participant

The week ahead looks like it’s going to be very volatile due to lots of high-impact news… Do you guys trade during the news or not?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I am starting an FTMO 10K challenge on Monday using USDCHF and GBPAUD V5 with 1% risk for each asset.  Will consider scaling up when account reaches 2% profit.

Alan,

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

I can put up a telegram group for us guys. Real small to start with, but I’d probably want to get prior authorization from Petko or Alan

Participant

I’ve joined lukes link above.

User Avatarjoko supriyadi
      Participant

for the version 4.3, it is strange that now the open trades have no SL. It was normal last week.

User AvatarTonyB
      Participant

Hi guys I just joined and set up the FTMO ea’s with the set files. Wondering if anyone has updated results; which pair/s are performing for you?

Participant

I just start V.5 this week, it is opening 3 trades now.

User AvatarNicholas Grobler
      Participant

Hello Team FTMO 🙂

I think a Telegram group is a great idea. We can continuously share best results. I recently joined, on the 9th of November. I have been running V5 on a VPS since then. Just makes sense to me to have a VPS, running my own PC all the time is not feasible, also execution times on the VPS are MUCH faster.

Since I activated the EA, V5, my results have been as follows:

Three closed trades:

EURUSD x 2: Both in profit

AUDUSD x 1: loss

Six open trades:

AUDCHF: in profit

AUDUSD: in small loss

EURUSD: currently in a big loss

GBPAUD: strong profit

USDCHF: strong profit

XAUUSD: strong profit

Planning on running the EA’s for the prescribed 10 days and then putting the most profitable ones on my current 10K account to test things out. Hopefully all goes well.

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

Has everyone just literally plugged V5 in and run with it? Just to test?
      Or have people been back testing and amending?
      I am not sure if we should make any amendments as the EA Trading Team have done all the hard work and supplied the set files.
      I assume this is correct all?

Thank you.

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

Any updates on todays trading?

Participant

I do nothing but use the set file.

HELLO EVERYONE. IM JUST WONDERING IF IS GOOD OR NOT TO RUN THE 8 ROBOTS AT SAME TIME TO START A 10K CHALLENGE. IM SCARED THAT MORE THAN ONE LOSE AND ACHIEVE THE DAILY DRAWDOWN. MAYBE THE EXPERIENCE OF SOMEONE ELSE CAN HELP ME

Participant

Hello all

I asked this in another thread, but wanted to get the groups feedback. I have not moved any EA onto my live account. Been running on a test account for two weeks now. The EA’s started off performing great, but they have not been doing so great the past week. I am now unsure which one to use. For those running on version 5, what does your reults say, here is mine:

User AvatarTorbjorn Brenden
      Participant

I have tested running 7 robots (except gold) on a demo account for 2 weeks with losing results.
      However if I selected the 3 best pairs it give positive returns.

I recommend to run them on demo first and test for yourself.

Thank you I appreciate it. What are the 3 best pairs? And the ones to avoid ?

Participant

Run all 8 for two weeks. Then pick the top three most profitable. That is the process basically. Petko mentioned he now runs them on a three day period then picks the best ones. I do not see this working simply because the EA’s do not open a lot of trades. Either way. Activate all eight on your TEST account, NOT live account. Then pick the top ones for Live account.

User AvatarMalik Mehboob
      Participant

Ok and once you select three pair what is the surety they will work next week? So its mean we have to keep running 8 pairs forever on demo and keep switching according to the market situation. Thats my opinion. Appreciate if someone can correct me

Your results show that AUDCHF made the most profit but only with 1 trade. So you might want to give it a bit more time.

Also, the AUDUSD performed well with 4 trades.

Remember that these EAs are based on non-martingale systems, so there will always be stagnation periods.

As I’ve mentioned in another thread, if the EAs are in a losing phase, I don’t put anything on the challenges but wait for the next profitable run.

Cheers,

User AvatarOlivier Hoeksma
      Participant

Hey, what are the top 3 best performing bots for this week to turn on since I bought the bot a couple of days ago?

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Malik,

There is no guarantee that if an EA is profitable today, it will be profitable tomorrow. It is determined entirely by the market. As Nicholas has said, and you mentioned too, you should keep all 8 on a demo account, link your demo account to a website like MyFXBook (Check out this video: https://youtu.be/H19yWrotTVg), and monitor the performance, even daily, putting only currently profitable EAs onto your challenge account.

Cheers,

Ilan

User AvatarLucas0112
      Participant

Yes, I wanna know as well.

User AvatarLucas0112
      Participant

He guys,

I have some question before I turn on Algo Trading with the EA’s. Hopefully you can answer them.

1) First question is: what are the top 3 best performing pairs right know. I installed the EA’s on a demo, but since Monday so I don’t have enough results, but I would like to start with my 100K Funding Pips account (challenge).

2) If I trade the best 3 performing pairs, is it necessary to decrease the risk, or are the normal setfiles enough for the top 3? So let’s say the top 3 are: Gold (o,49 lots), EUR/USD (3,87 lots) and USD/CHF (1,78 lots). Can I just rely on these setfiles given lot sizes, or do I have to decrease them since I’m using 3 of them?

3) When there is news, especially red USD folder news, do I always have to close all positions? And when im not at home, it’s difficult to turn off Algo trading. Does the EA’s have a setting it won’t place any trades in the radius of like 30 minutes around news, or is the Algo trading turn off a must?

Thanks in advance!

User AvatarGranit Mustafa
      Participant

Eurusd for me

User AvatarMarin Stoyanov
      Keymaster

You have to test the 7 EAs+Gold EAs and see which one performs best currently, we can’t say which is the top performer because tomorrow it may not be.

Participant

This is such a crappy answer…my goodness. So we switch on a robot that was a top performer for the past two weeks. BUT tomorrow it may not be. This is ridiculous…

User AvatarMarin Stoyanov
      Keymaster

Hello Lucas, straight to your questions.

1) You have to test the 7 EAs+Gold EAs and see which one performs best currently, we can’t say which is the top performer because tomorrow it may not be.

2) If you use the default set files then it’s okay to trade with 3 EAs. The set files will allow a maximum daily drawdown of 1% per robot. If you want to be on the safe side, you can additioanly decrease the lots. For example if you want to have no more that 1% daily drawdown then you would need to divide every lot by 3 becuase you have 3 EAs running.

3) It is a personal choice if one will close trades manually. But personally we do not close trades during news. We are working on implementing the news into the EA.

Kind regards,

Marin @ Customer Support team

Participant

You wont get assistance on this. I have asked. I keep on getting responses basically sating I have to keep on testing someone elses robot until I get a “winner” and even then I am told, this might not work. As per the response from Marin.

Participant

We all have the same problem…I have been running a an FTMO test for 3 weeks, no clear winners and very few trades opened. Hopefully I will get somewhere soon with this. The only answer you will get from the team here is that “you need to test” they do not seem to be willing to help us with the top EA’s on a weekly basis.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

do i have to change the top performers every week or every monday? and i think their should even more detailed video of this robot, a lot of key pieces are missing

User Avatarnguyenqh.mt
      Participant

anyone pass FTMO with the previous version?

User AvatarLucas0112
      Participant

He,

I am running the EA’s on a demoaccount, and now it’s Friday. So im wondering do we have to close the trade(s) before the weekend, or if the EA have an open trade, let it stand over the weekend, and wait for it to close itself the next week?

Thanks in advance

User AvatarAnthony Hall
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve just left mine open, did the same last week.

Cheers,

Anthony

User AvatarDylan Mueller
      Participant

Hey guys i am after a few opinions here, particularly from anyone has been algo trading for some time, do you believe it is better to move the stop loss? so far i have been waiting for clear structure on the 1 hr timeframe and moving my stoploss a few pips above or below the structure and I have been profitable 2 weeks in a row with v5 robot and my win loss is better then backtested results however i am concerned that i am basically running a different strategy to the backtest. How have you guys been managing your stops and or early closes?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Closing EA’s on Friday is a personal choice.  What I do is as follows:  If my EA’s are in profit and heading upward towards TP, I will leave them open over the weekend.  However, if my EA’s are in losing positions and heading downward towards SL I will close the positions and let them start new trades the following week.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

EA’s created by EA Studio, FSBpro, or ExpressGenerator, place the SL and TP at particular price levels because in their backtesting these are the price levels where the EA generate the most profit over the backtesting time frame. It is therefore my opinion that SL and or TP should not be moved.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello,

if you choose for example just 1 pair to trade on the FTMO account, do reccomend to increase the lot size or leave it like in the set files, so a losing trade would make -1% of the account?

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

You could increase the lot size to 2%.  I my opinion, 3% or more would incur too much risk!

Alan,

User AvatarArik Shahar
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      I just wanted to recommend 2 forex pairs that made a big profit this week. AUDCHF and EURAUD
      I used the built-in settings on a 100K account
      Good luck to everyone!

User AvatarJonDiz
      Participant

Hello,

I’m having issues with the installation of the ver5.1 on mt5, every time I load the robot on the 4th chart it will automatically remove the robot on the 3 chart that were the robot was loaded. it will keep removing other charts with the robot. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

I like that topic. Everyone can share which assets are most profitable daily or weekly!

User AvatarLucas0112
      Participant

Nice topic. My demo didn’t work this week for some reason. So what are some of your thoughts on pairs to turn on for next week?

WEEK 2 – DEC – 2023

Good morning, traders!

This is what I see today:

And the top FTMO Assets during the last one week:

User AvatarNiels Koelewijn
      Participant

Hi all,

Im a very satisfied with the performance of the V5 EA. I am running al 7 pairs + gold on a 200k demo account. And the equity is 213k at the moment. I did not change any settings, just loaded the 200k settings etc and let it run on a VPS.

At first it got a drawdown but now it is going good. I am going to transfer it on a 20k live account. I will run all pairs and I dont mind if I lose the account, but I personally do not think the EA will lose the challenge. I am going to try to finish the first FTMO challenge on a Live 20k account. Will keep u guys updated.

See screenshot for the results.

Participant

Here a some more screenshots of the account right now.

Participant

Last screen

Participant

Running 5.1 for 11 days now on testing, these are the results:

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

Nicola – How are the results so far for 5.1? It must have been 20 days now. Aer you putting the EA in live account ?

User Avatarbryan JEAN-MARIE
      Participant

Bonjour, j’aurais aimé savoir comment choisir la meilleure paire chaque semaine ou toutes les deux semaines avec le robot ftmo V5.1, car il ne prend pas beaucoup de positions et parfois, la paire gagnante change et je fais plus de profit avec toute les paires que juste choisir la meilleure paire comment faire alors pour diminuer le risque et réaliser un bon défi.

User Avatarbryan JEAN-MARIE
      Participant

Hello, I would like to know how to choose the best pair every week or every two weeks with the ftmo V5.1 robot, because it doesn’t take many positions and sometimes the winning pair changes and I make more profit with all the pairs than just choosing the best pair how to do then to decrease the risk and achieve a good challenge.

User AvatarYassin Aidari
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Good evening everyone, how can we deal with the robot during these days when many reports are issued and influence the robot to enter into more profitable deals? Because I noticed last week, through my experience with the robot, that it was giving me good profits compared to this week, in which it seemed that it was no longer able to identify profitable trades, to the point that almost all trades consisted of losers.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>Is there any solution I can do to avoid losing trades?</p>

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello together,

these are my results so far with the FTMO Robot V5:

(always taking the results of the last week as suggested)

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Luce,

Nice!
      Are you demo testing on FTMO demo account?
      Is this V5.0 or V5.1?

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
        Participant

Hello Alan,

i am testing it on an demo account on an VPS with the FXView broker.

Its V5.0

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Thanks!

Please keep us informed of your results as I think traders would find it of value.  It also shows that not all weeks will be profitable, however over time the majority of weeks should show profitability. :o)

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
            Participant

Hello Alan,

i will try to post the weekly results every weekend.

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi BR Luce,

One more thing I forgot to suggest.  If you are going to eventually open an FTMO Challenge you should also test on the FTMO demo account so you can compare the results between your brokers server results and the FTMO server results.  Sometimes I see significant difference when demo testing on one server and live trading on another.  I have even experienced different results when demo testing on a broker and then live trading with the same broker using the same EAs.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
              Participant

Hello Alan,

isnt the FTMO Demo just aviable for a few days?

Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

The FTMO demo is good for 14 days.  So you could get 2 one week results.  Then you can start a new FTMO demo account and repeat.

Alan,

User AvatarTrader 27
      Participant

From the results, it shows that running on all 8 gets better gains compared to running on selected top performers for both weeks. This is a bit surprising as we are taught to pick the top 3 or top 1 performers to run the EA.

I am not sure if I am mistaken or missing something here.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Its not always the case.  The chart above is only the results of two week testing using only one broker.  What you need to base the trading decisions on is many weeks, months, years of testing with many different brokers,  then you can determine the best way to trade.  Thus the teaching of Petko is based upon years of trading.  By choosing the top 1 to 3 EAs will provide the best results over the long term.

Alan,

User AvatarTrader 27
          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks Alan, I appreciate the clarification and tips. Cheers.</p>

WEEK  3 – DEC – 2023

Here are the results I saw this morning:

The trial account passed (it reached 5%):

Here are the performances for the last 1 week:

And here are the results for the last 2 weeks:

I would probably trade until the end of this week, and I will pause trading between the holidays (but that’s me).

I know many of you want us to provide the link to the testing account and save you the testing, but there are a few problems:

1. Once the trial passes, we must start a new account – we need one week to collect data in the new account. Traders who started in this period won’t have data to use.

2. It turns out that the results are different for the different prop firms. We tested the FTMO Robots on 5 different prop firms, and surprisingly, the prop firms offer very different quotes, which leads to different trades. This is why if you follow our FTMO Trial results but apply the best performers on Infinity, for example, you will not achieve optimal results.

3. Using myfxbook will always lead to some delay.

So what is the solution?

We are working on updating the FTMO Robots so the results will be displayed on the chart. This means that once you put the EAs on MetaTrader, it will start collecting the statistics.

We will also be able to select the period in days. For example, we will see the results for the last 1 week or any predefined period.

And this will be on the chart itself (where the stats are currently with V5.1).

But I can’t promise when this update will be ready because it requires much work.

However, the January update is ready! Which is huge! 🙂

Cheers,

Petko A

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Certainly not the eurusd anyway this week, 500 loss so far in just 2 days on test account, gold at 250 loss and gbpaud up 250 so far. But demo account down 500 in total over 2 days</p>

User AvatarBence Bela
      Participant

Hi Guys,

I just started using the FTMO robot this past week. The number of trades I got is much lower than what I expected based on the youtube videos so I am here to check if you guys also got so few trades this past week as me or maybe something is wrong with my settings. I understand different market conditions may play a role in the number of trades but still I would like to double check because my results are suspiciously low.

So far this week I had the following trades:

XAUUSD 2 trades, losers

GBPAUD 1 trade, loser

EURAUD 1 trade, winner

USDCHF 1 trade, loser

USDCAD 1 trade, loser

Currently open: AUDCHF, USDCAD, XAUUSD

Please let me know if you guys have similar results or not. Any troubleshooting ideas are welcome but I checked the timeframes and other settings multiple times.

Kind Regards,

Bence

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bence,

This is also what I am getting.

Alan,

User AvatarBence Bela
      Participant

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

Is this number considered normal/average or are we in a relatively slow period right now?

Bence

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bence,

The reason the FTMO V6.0 robots don’t take trades as often as we would like is because the robots contain six indicators that all have to lineup to give a buy or sell signal.  So it takes time for all these indicators to align themselves.  The theory behind having so many indicators is that if it takes many indicators to line up and give a trade signal then the higher quality of signal it should be.  Robots with fewer indicators would obviously take less time for the indicators to line up and give a trade signal.  So I would not be disappointed the robots do not take trades as often as we would like, we should be pleased the signals from the FTMO V6.0 robots are providing high quality trades.

I might add that even though these robots provide high quality trades it is still possible for these indicators to close with a loss.  Why is this?  There are two types of indicators, indicators that provide profitable trades when the market is trending, and then there are those indicators that provide profit when the market is ranging.  So there are trending type indicators and there are ranging indicators.  Trending indicators will generally end up losing in ranging markets and ranging indicator will generally end up losing when the market is trending.  Now beware that every trading day will provide trending periods and ranging periods.  This is why we will get profitable trades and losing trades.  Further sometimes ranging markets can last for several days or several months.  This is why it is beneficial to demo trade as it will help us to understand if the markets are trending on a weekly basis so we can determine if the current market environment will allow our robots to generate profits.  So with good quality robots there should be more profitable trades than losing trades which will then provide a profitable account.

Alan,

User AvatarBence Bela
      Participant

Hi Alan,

Thanks again for the thorough response. Of course I agree with everything that you said.

The reason I asked is simply because when I watched a recent youtube video in which Petko showcased his last week’s trading results and there were up 9 trades per currency pair. So I was surprised to find only so few trades in my own trading. But of course I understand about trending and ranging markets. I also understand what you mean by having 6 indicators.

My only question is: Is the new V6.0 robots expected to have less trades than the previous versions or was this week a bit slow in fact?

Either way, please don’t take this as a complaint. I am just eager to understand what to expect.

Bence,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bence,

I haven’t watched Petkos’ video but if the results were from last week and not this week I would expect somewhat different results.

As to whether this week was a slow week or not I cannot answer.  I don’t know if you can call it a slow week or not but it could just be that the trending and ranging periods didn’t last long enough for all the indicators to line up during certain periods of this week.  Maybe not a slow week but there could have been more trending and ranging periods than the previous week but they didn’t always last long enough for all the indicators to align.  Just my thoughts.

Also, no worries.  I don’t take your response as a complaint.

I am spending this week testing the robots.  I am looking for a top performing robot with at least 3 to 5 closed trades before I will start trading it.  It doesn’t look like this will happen this week so I may have to wait a few more days.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Hello all – just sharing my best pairs to trade.

For V6.0, my best pair of last week is – AUDCHF and USDCAD (Both at M30 timeframe).

This is for FTMO Trial.

What are your best pairs for last week and which broker?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

When did you start the trial.  I started testing the FTMO robots on 01/08/2024 on an FTMO Challenge instead of the demo account and my best two pairs are AUDUSD and USDCAD.  So I would like to compare the difference between the demo account and the challenge.  I find it interesting one of your best pairs is AUDCHF where mine is AUDUSD.  Can you also provide the net pips for AUDCHF and USDCAD.  Unfortunately as of this last week traders in the US can no longer use the FREE FTMO demo account so I am not able to compare the difference between the demo account and the challenge.  Could you also show the results of all the robots for this last week?

Thanks,
        Alan

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Traders,

When sharing your FTMO robot results for the week please share the following:

1. prop firm / broker you are using
      2. your account size
      3. FTMO robots version (v5.0/v6.0/etc)
      4. your risk o.o5%, 1.0% or 2.0%.
      5. number of trading days
      6. your trading results

This is necessary so when others are looking at your results and comparing them to their own results they will have a better understanding as to why their results may differ from yours.

Thanks,
      Alan

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

1. prop firm / broker you are using – FTMO Trial (not real challenge)
        2. your account size – $10k
        3. your risk o.o5%, 1.0% or 2.0%. – Medium 1% 
        4. number of trading days – 2 weeks
        5. your trading results – Loss but two trades are still open so Equity is $10068.00 ; AUDCHF and USDCAD

User Avatarrasa
      Participant

I´ve been testing the 8 versions of FTMO 6.0 for the last week (Jan 8 to Jan 12 – 5 trading days) with 1% risk on a € 10K FTMO Demo … the results of the closed trades are:

– 5 trades, all negative, two losses of 1% (well in US$ anyway) and three small to very small losses

– 3 open trades

so no EA qualifies to be put on a live account for next week …

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

Hi Rafael

Is your equity is negative as well apart from loss ? I am wondering if one can close open trades if the equity is positive and then risk those pairs for live challenge account.

User Avatarrasa
      Participant

I seem to have a very different outcome … I used the 8 EAs for the whole week on a FTMO Demo and got this results:

closed:

– AUDCHF     none

– AUDUSD    none

– EURAUD    none

– EURUSD   none

– GBPAUD  one loss (1%)

– USDCAD   none

– USDCHF    two losses (one at 1%)

– XAUUSD   two losses (both very small)

open

– same as original poster

I used the news filter … what could have been other differences?

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

i tested the old startegy by running all 8 bots on  an ftmo trial 25k account before V6 came out. I ran the trial from the 26th of Dec till 10th Jan. Here you can see the results. So for that period AUDCHF, EURAUD and USDCHF would have been the 3 to try on a challenge. I shall try version 6 now.

User AvatarTrader 27
      Participant

EURAUD is on fire, if it’s hot, it can be hot for quite a while.

User Avatargabiscriba
        Participant

EURAUD has always given constant profit. But the last trade opened for me was on January 3.

User AvatarTrader 27
          Participant

The EA is waiting for the criterias to be met.

User Avatarrasa
      Participant

@SammyTrader

the open trades have a positive balance but rather small … all in all they wouldnt amount to having a robot a profit factor of 1.2 or above … so I wouldnt use these robots for the live account …

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

Thanks Rasa , my feelings are same. Only take the EA that has delivered the results after closing trade.

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

i am using euraud m15, gbpaud m30 and usdcad m30, since yesterday, i have the smiley face and no errors in the journal tabs. The bot hasnt taken any trades yet, so wanted to confirm if anyone has trades on the pairs i have listed?

These are the top 3 bots from the robot app

User Avatargabiscriba
        Participant

If you say that you started yesterday, it means that today is the first day of trading.
        I test the robots on two accounts with different brokers and today I have only one trade open, with each of them, on USDCHF, but several hours apart.

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

Do you see much difference between the two brokers

User Avatargabiscriba
            Participant

Yes, big differences.
            Robots must be tested very well at your chosen broker. At different prop firms or brokers you will have different results.

Anyone here can confirm for you. I have two challenge accounts on a VPS and I run robots continuously on both and that’s how I see the differences.

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

Smiley Face, Are you using V6.0 ?

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

Yes version 6

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

Paul4x – not possible, it must be V5.

Here is the screenshot of my V6.0, a trade is already opened XAUUSD no Smiley Face.

smilyf

User Avatarpaul4x
              Participant

interesting, i have smiley faces.

User Avatarpaul4x
              Participant

maybe because i am using mt4 and you are using mt5?

User Avatargabiscriba
              Participant

On MT5 there is no smiley face.

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Oh Yes, I am using MT5 , okay that is the reason then.

User Avatarrasa
      Participant

“Patient young jedi must be” (same goes for old ones 😉 )

my EA hasn´t got a trade on EURAUD and GBPAUD either today … on USDCAD I still have an open trade from last Wednesday …

User Avatarpaul4x
        Participant

OK that’s fine, just wanted to check all was in line

Participant

How do I unsubscribe

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

I can confirm the bot has taken a trade today on usdcad

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

@paul4x 

Which broker is it ? In my FTMO Demo, it has taken a Sell trade for USDCAD, but this is my second trade. The first trade was for XAUUSD.

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

yeh ftmo

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

ok cool, let’s compare our results at the end of the week

User AvatarAlan Northam

Over the last 5 trading days I have 2 profitable trades for USDCAD and 2 profitable trades for XAUUSD for FTMO V6.0 robots .  The profits are small as the lot sizes are 0.01.  I am just testing the robots.  I am looking for a robot with 3 profitable trades to confirm the trend is profitable.  Then I will adjust the lot size for medium risk.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Hi Alan

I prefer to test it through the default settings of Medium risk (downloaded from FTMO Robot App). At the moment, in loss due to USDCAD has gone down the hill.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

I am testing on an FTMO Challenge so I am using small lot size so any robots that are losing will not cause the account to draw down significantly.  By testing on the FTMO Challenge I am avoiding the FREE FTMO demo account 14 day limit.  It is my choice to test this way.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Hi Alan

Good luck with the real account then. Hope you pass the challenge soon.

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Hi Alan,

for this week V6.0 is on fire, has taken substantial no. of trades. Did you mean that you would see the 3 top Profits and then put them in your challenge account ? What adjustment in terms of lot size and risk you would be intending to do and what would you do with the open trades in the real challenge account from previous week?

For the current week, Broker FTMO, Medium risk for $10k – my top profitable Trade closed was for GBP AUD + 4 opened at the moment with3 in profits.

User Avatargabiscriba
              Participant

My status of open trades from December 1, until now:

AUDCHF – no open trades.

AUDUSD – no open trades.

EURAUD – 5 trades – 18.12, 19.12, 21.12, 02.01, 03.01 – all win trades.

EURUSD – 1 trade – 17.01 – still open

GBPAUD – 2 trades – 09.01, 17.01 – 1 lose, 1 win

USDCAD – 3 trades – 08.01, 10.01, 16.01 – 1 win, 2 lose

USDCHF – 13 trades – 8 in december+5 in january – last 4 lost

XAUUSD – 15 trades – 9 in december+6 in january – of the last 6, 4 were lost

My conclusions:
              – since I started testing, EURAUD has never lost a trade, so it is number one.

– XAUUSD wins about as much as it loses, so it’s almost at zero.

– USDCHF loses more than it gains.

– USDCAD loses more than it gains – only 3 trades.

– GBPAUD – only 2 trades.

– EURUSD – only one trade.

– AUDCHF and AUDUSD – no trade.

So I can only work with EURAUD, and I would risk more because it rarely opens trades, but probably the vast majority will be wins.

I don’t know what else I could do.

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

@Gabiscriba – you results are completely different from mine. You mut be with a different broker.

User Avatargabiscriba
              Participant

@SammyTrader

Yes, my prop firm is FXIFY, I run all robots on a challenge account with 0.01 lotsize. I run all the robots on an FTMO demo account, too. The results are completely different.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

I am looking for 3 winning trades.

Right now I have the lot size for all robots set to 0.01 lots.  Once I find the top robot with 3 winning trades I will replace the robot with the one I downloaded from the FTMO app so it will have the correct lot size for an account risk of 1%.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

@Alan Thanks, I have read your previous posted reply too. That’s a lot of manual intervention that you are doing, but the theory behind it for Robot with Top 3 wining trade or trade with more profit than loss, is very safe to win the challenge.

I myself, will stick to the default lot size and top wining EAs to see how would that work.

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

@Alan – Omg omg omg , is this is for real ? I hope this is for FTMO Prop Firm

User Avatarpaul4x
              Participant

Hey Sammy,

Are you running all the bots for v6? I am only running the top 3 that I downloaded

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

@Paul4x – I am running all EAs in a Demo acc for FTMO broker. The Demo only last for two weeks, so the idea is that to take the top 2 performers to the following demo account to see how will they behave for another two weeks. If all profitable then I can take this strategy into the real challenge account.

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

yeh i only have the top 3 downloaded

so far 1 gbpaud in profit 132
      usdcad loss 94
      usd cad running at momnet with 62 profit

only running since last sunday

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

ok, keep us updated, is this is your Demo or real challenge ?

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

how to choose the best pair do petko use data from a week or a month like for example i go to my history tab and just check the data for the week and choose the best performing pair 1 or 2 or maybe 3 from the profit and winning rate

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

Petko uses 1 week!

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

I saw the new feature in the Robot App. It is a very helpful feature, but only for those who use FTMO prop firm.
      For the rest of us, the results are very different and we cannot use this new feature.

I wanted to specify this for those who still do not know that the results of robots are very different from one broker to another.

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

and why cant you use FTMO prop firm ? Its the best, reputable, paying regularly for profit splits.

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

ftmo are expensive compared to other prop firms, trusted forex funds for instance, 10k accounts, one is 89 euros and the other is 155 euros.

User Avatargabiscriba
          Participant

@SammyTrader

Because I already have a challenge account with another prop firm. And even if it weren’t like that, we can’t all work with the same company. FTMO is the most expensive, it is an aspect that matters a lot.
          Apart from that, the best tactic to make profit from Prop firms is to have accounts with several of them, for diversification and risk sharing. It may happen that you lose an account, you still have two or three.
          And one more very important thing. Do you remember MFF? Until it closed it was the best and reputable too.

I lost a 50K live account at MFF

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

ah ok! got your point now. I havent started my challenge yet, but frankly if new feature in The Robot App is for FTMO Prop Firm then I would go for this prop firm to see how would that work out.

Yes, it is real!

We have spent a lot of time figuring out the most useful and simple way for everyone to find the top performers from the FTMO Robots. And now the new feature is live on the app! You can see which assets are most profitable in the last 1 week or last 1 month. Even in the last 1 day!

There is no need for trial accounts and my Fxbook links. Whenever you get the FTMO Robots you can see the top performers with ONE click of the mouse:

Enjoy!

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

THANK YOU ,, from the bottom of my heart.

User Avatarpaul4x
        Participant

so which is better? the 1 trade pair that made the most profit or the pair that made 4 trades but less profit.

User AvatarSammy Trader
          Participant

I would stick to the Top 3 , its all about testing with your broker now.

User AvatarRudy
      Participant

I’m a bit confused with this new feature. For this week, it shows USDCAD as the most profitable pair with 4 trades and a profit of 210$ (for a 10k account) but my results for this week are quite different (I’m using FTMO Demo account). I have, for USDCAD, only 2 trades, one SL and one closed in profit (no TP). The result for the week is positive for USDCAD but below GBPAUD which is my best pair of the week.

The only difference I can see is my account being in EUR. Do you think this can explain the different results?

I have read somewhere in the forum that it is recommended to get US account but this is a bit late for this challenge

User Avatarpaul4x
        Participant

Maybe it depends on when thier week started? I am showing same results as you for usdCad, so confused as to why 4 trades showing also

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

It’s not strictly meant for FTMO prop firm. Those 1 week results are for general, but the only way to find out is use those Top 3 EAs on Monday for FTMO Demo and see how close they are matching. That’s what my plan is, I am with FTMO demo too.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Rudy,

This first table shows the open trades from MT4 for the week of 01/14/2024 – 01/20/2024.  Notice there is 1 open trade for USDCAD.

This second table shows the closed trades in the History tab of MT4.  Notice there are 3 closed trades for USDCAD.

The FTMO app closes all open trades and adds them to the closed trades.  This is why the FTMO app shows 4 trades.

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

I have a confusion related to the last feature on the FTMO App.
      I run all robots with 0.01 lotsize, both on an FTMO demo account and on a challenge account at another prop firm.
      Referring strictly to the FTMO demo account, from what I have seen, I think that the trades that are running and have not yet closed also appear in the trade history. I selected D1 and in the App history the following appear: USDCAD – 1 trade – running, AUDUSD – 1 trade – running and XAUUSD – 2 trades – 1 closed and 1 running. At least this is the status of trades on my FTMO demo account.
      But an extra trade is running on my account, which does not appear in D1 of the app history. GBPAUD sell, opened last night at 19.30.00, which is running at a loss at the moment.
      My question is if the situation is the same for those of you who use FTMO account.

The FTMO app closes the opened trades just like the MetaTrader backtester does.

For example, currently, there are opened trades in my account, but those show as closed on the FTMO App.

This is why you will usually see more count of trades in the app compared to what you see in the account history.

But if you compare the opened trades, you will see they match.

User Avatargabiscriba
        Participant

Thanks Petko, everything seems to be clear now.
        I was misled by the fact that no trade appears on D1 for GBPAUD and I have one open. But in W1 two trades appear, which is correct.

By the way, I run everything on VPS.

User Avatarpaul4x
        Participant

Can’t we change that then? So it keeps everyone results the same and not give a false stats?

User Avatargabiscriba
          Participant

It seems that everyone using FTMO is getting the same results.

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

interestingly, if you switch the app to 1 year results then EURAUD comes out on top, monthly tab shows 3 trades and then nothing for a whole week, i downloaded this as part of the top 3.

So question is, what are members testing the best pair by what setting? yearly, month or weekly?

I was thinking of going weekly and downloading the past weeks top performers, the markets change and a top pair last year may not suit current market conditions.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Paul4x,

I downloaded the top 3 weekly robots, medium risk, to my 50K Challenge.  So far today I have USDCAD open with a $250 profit so far today.  The profit so far today doesn’t really mean anything.  What counts is the profit or loss when the trade is closed out, but that is just where the trade stands at this moment.

Alan,

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

Hi Alan.

Are you just sticking to the weekly top performers then, are you chopping and changing each week?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi paul4x,

At the end of the week I will replace the weakest EA if the replacement is a different pair than my top 2 performers.  That is my plan at the moment!

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
          Participant

Hi Alan,

Is your trade is still opened for USDCAD ? Mine is still opened for a $10k challenge , it went all the way up to $100 in profit and this morning down back to $50. Looks as if it will take a while to close one trade. With this speed, I need to forecast that how long before one can pass the 1st phase of challenge ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

Yes I am still in.  Backtest over the last month shows USDCAD placing 10 trades.  So on average one trade every other day.  This could indicate the current trade should close within the next day.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

Top 3 from the last week with medium risk, testing it on a demo of $10k FTMO – 1 trade open- USDCAD – in profit of $54 but trade is not closed yet.  All this week I will see how his Top 3 EA will perform form default settings.

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

Hi Sammy,

Are you chopping and changing each week and using the top 3 from the previous week or sticking to the same pairs?

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

@Paul4x

I would keep changing to the top 3 from last 3 weeks. So, every Sunday afternoon I would look the top performers from last 3 weeks and stop any pending trade, put the newly performers EA and see how it would go- only testing this for prop firm FTMO for next 3 days, if positive signs then use that in the real challenge.

User Avatarpaul4x
              Participant

How has that been going for you? In profit overall by switching?

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Only did it for last two weeks but no losses so far, but then again FTMO demo acc only lasts for 2 weeks so I had to open a new one for this week. I am getting more confident to take it towards the challenge.

The thing that I am really stubborn about that I want to try passing the challenge with the default settings of EAs without scaling up in settings.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Today FTMO V6.0 50K Challenge had USDCAD close for a 1% profit.  The trade took 24 hours from start to finish.  I have  open trades (GBPAUD,USDCAD) equating to 0.5% profit.  My account risk is 1%.

Today My Infinityforexfund 100K Evaluation using FTMO V6.0 robots had USDCAD close for a 0.93% profit.  The trade took 24 hours from start to finish.  I have  open trades (GBPAUD,USDCAD) equating to 0.28% profit.  My account risk is 1%.

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

Thanks for the update.

User AvatarDENIS PIERFEDERICI
        Participant

ho la stessa posizione ma ancora aperta come mai non si è chiusa sulla mia sfida? CI

Participant

Ciao Alan, perché dici che la tua posizione USDCAD si è chiusa con un guadagno dell’1% quando rischiando l’1% del conto dovrebbe chiudere con un guadagno del 2%? Hai chiuso manualmente la posizione?

Participant

Hi Alan, why do you say that your USDCAD position closed with 1% gain when risking 1% of the account should close at 2% gain? Did you manually close the position?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Denis,

The FTMO V6.0 USDCAD robot was closed automatically by the robot with a 1% profit.

Alan,

Participant

I have the same EA who opened the same position but didn’t close it when he reached 1% gain…. What do you think could be the problem?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Denis,

Are you using the FTMO Free demo account?

Alan,

Participant

no, TRUE FOREX FUNDS challenge

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Denis,

USDCAD has opened and closed 2 trades this week and currently has 1 open trade.  The trade I was referring to in the above reply was the one opened on 1/22/2024 and closed on 1/23/2024.  The USDCAD that opened on 1/23/2024 and closed on 1/24/2024 ended in a loss.  The current open trade is also in a losing position.  Which of these 3 trades are you referring too?

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Denis,

The historical data for each broker or prop firm is somewhat different as there is no clearing house where all the brokers/prop firms get their historical data.  So each broker / prop firm has to get the trading data directly from banks.  Since not all brokers / prop firm gets their data from the same banks causes the historical data between various brokers / prop firms to be different.  Also not all brokers / prop firms will use the same spreads.  For these and other reasons Expert Advisors/robots will not all take trades or close trades at the same time.

Alan,

Participant

I thought you were referring to the trade of 01/23/2024 which also closed for me in a loss because I had no trades open on 01/22/2024. The trade opened on 01/24/2024 is currently in a losing position for me as well. I apologize for the misunderstanding and thank you for the clarification

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Hello everyone!
      Today marks the end of two weeks since I carefully tested all 8 V6 robots on a live challenge account, with 0.01 lot, on a Vps.
      My prop firm is FXIFY and I carefully monitored each individual trade of the 3 robots.
      My problem is that I cannot choose a top performer because apart from one robot (which made two consecutive win trades), none of the others made more than one win trade.
      AUDCHF – 1 lost trade + 1 open trade
      AUDUSD – 1 win trade + 1 open trade
      EURAUD – 1 win trade
      EURUSD – 2 lost trades + 1 open trade
      GBPAUD – 2 win trades + 1 lost trade
      USDCAD – 2 win trades + 3 lost trades
      USDCHF – 3 lost trades
      XAUUSD – 3 lost trades + 2 win trades + 1 open trade
      The point is that I don’t know what to do with these robots. I have been testing them since the V6 version appeared, and before that I also tested the V5 version for a long time. However, the only one that makes constant profit is EURAUD, which very rarely opens trades. This is the only one I can use.
      I am very curious if the rest of you can share your experience with your brokers or your prop firms.
      Who is successful with these robots? Who made some relatively steady profits?
      Because I don’t know how much time it takes to be able to use these robots, how much patience I should have.
      Thank you.

User Avatarayoub bentoumia
      Participant

Hello,

This week has seen many economic announcements in favor of the dollar and to the detriment of gold and the euro. Or the results are just catastrophic: interest rates set by the ECB at 4.50, unchanged but at an all-time high.
      Despite the market conditions, I’ve been trading with these robots since October and I’ve got two challanges FTMO and funded next and I still haven’t passed.
      I’m very patient too but I’m starting to seriously wonder if I’ll ever get there and when.
      I’ve decided to stop trading gold because with a lot of 0.01 we won’t get far. Despite the fact that the robot manages to get the best entry points, but otherwise for the other peers I remain suspicious. If anyone has managed to pass the challange this month or in December, I’m very curious to know how and with what.

Regards

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi ayoub,

Here is the results of one trader pass a challenge in the beginning of January 2024.

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/i-passed-2-challanges-with-the-ftmo-robots-this-month/#post-224808

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
          Participant

Unfortunately, this is not encouraging at all. Passing the challenge happened accidentally and with a special strategy, risking more on the top 1 performer. It is not something that can be applied in the long term, except by relying on luck. I am curious if on the funded live account he will be able to continue to obtain profit and make withdrawals.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi gabiscriba,

Petko does a similar thing by increasing risk on his top performers.  Petko has a scaling up plan he developed and uses to scale up with his top performers.  He shows how to do this in his “The Complete FTMO Challenge” course.  I think I can remember his sharing the scaling up plan in the 21 day course.  Basically Petko will wait until he has 3% profit and then will double his risk from 1% to 2% such that if his account draws down it will only draw down a maximum of 2% leaving his top performer with a worst case of 1% profit.  Petko has used his scaling up plan in some of the earlier FTMO robot versions.  Petko uses his scaling up plan to pass the challenges more quickly and has passed challenges using the scaling up plan and has shared this on the forum in the past.  So I think Pranav is following Petko’s scaling up strategy by doing a similar thing.

Alan,

User AvatarTrader 27
            Participant

Try EURAUD and usdchf and utilize Petko’s scaling strategy.

User AvatarRichard Lawrie
      Participant

Good day EA Trading academy members

I am just interested to know if anyone is keen to join a Telegram group to share Experience with the FTMO Robot and discuss potential set files and success strories?

Cheers

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Yes, I know this strategy, I saw the video, it is a very good strategy.

But Pranav risked on the top 1 performer, not on the top 3 like Petko. Basically, his risk was 50-50, that’s why I say it’s a coincidence that he passed. And that this approach with top 1 is very risky.
      I would like to be able to use the strategy with the top 3 performers. But in my case, as I posted yesterday, I don’t have a top 3 performer in the last month. And that’s why I can only wait for this top to appear. The problem is that I don’t know how long I have to wait. At this rate, I can only trade with EURAUD, which opens a trade every two weeks (more or less).

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi gabiscriba,

If the strategy of waiting for the top 3 performers to develop, which at this point I am thinking may not develop before Petko updates the robots again, maybe a different strategy is in order.  Or, maybe just wait for the next update.

Alan,

User AvatarTrader 27
        Participant

Take prop firm challenges that has no time limits.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Richard,

Links to other websites are not allowed on the forum and was deleted in your post above. The forum was developed so traders could get together to discuss their trading, FTMO successes and failures, set files, and success stories.  By using this forum allows ALL traders have the same opportunity to learn from others.

Alan,

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

hey everyone,

so my 2 week trial with FTMO ends tomorrow, i ahve been using the tope 3 robots that i downloaded on 14th Jan, at that point in time the 3 top pairs selected by the app were the following. I am using a 10k trial account.

EUR/AUD M15 – trades 1 this week with profit  $160
      GBP/AUD M30 – trades 2 this week with a negative $95
      USD/CAD M30 – trades 4 this week profit of $174

Current results showing a profit of $274, so 50% towards the profit target. I shall post the link below.

https://trader.ftmo.com/metrix?share=859246db0501&lang=en

The question i have now is according to Petro videos, do i increase lot size as account at 2% or was this old pass methods?

Looking at the app today, then GBPAUD is not part of the top 3 and so i would swap this out for perhaps the AUDUSD pairing.

Overall, i think passing the challenges is possible and will certainly try it on a full live challenge at some point, it will be a case of chopping and changing per week.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Paul,

Good job so far!

I would wait until the account has a profit of 3% before increasing risk to 2%.  The reason for this is if your account has a drawdown of 2% you would still have a 1% profit.

Changing out GBPAUD for AUDUSD may be a good idea as it has larger profit last week.  However, that does not mean AUDUSD will be more profitable than GBPAUD next week.  It is your choice.  Oh, the choices we traders have to make! :o(

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have replaced all my FTMO V6.0 robots on my 50K FTMO Challenge with this weeks top 3 from the FTMO app.

Alan,

User AvatarMichał Radzik
      Participant

I am using the FTMO robot version 6.0. Should I check the top performance every day from the last week, or should I check it once a week, for example, on Sundays? Additionally, does version 6.0 of the robot allow for setting leverage?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Michal,

It is up to you as to how often you check the top performers.  One way is to just check them once a week.  Another way would be to check the monthly and the weekly to see which robots show up for both the monthly and weekly time frames.  This would tell you which robots have been best performers for a longer period of time.  So there are various ways to use the FTMO app.

As for leverage, leverage is set by the broker or prop firm and not by the robot.

Alan,

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

So end of my 2 week trial with ftmo using the top 3 from a few weeks ago. Over halfway there, USDCAD was top performer with 6 trades, GBPAUD had 3 trades and EURAUD only had 1 btu it had the biggest profit of 160 from that trade. I currently have a challenge ongoing with another different bot just started yesterday, so will wait till next week and give these bots a chance on a challenge.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi paul,

Congratulations, job well done!

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

So last weeks best pairs were usdcad audusd and euraud, and i was doing the single pair on the bot and i gave usdcad and euraud on my different accounts,usdcad lost so did euraud i didn’t manually do anything as it is an automated system.And so the thing is that for the next week if my account stays in drawdown i switch pairs again right by seeing what are the best performers this week

User AvatarAlan Northam

That is what I am going to do!

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
        Participant

last weeks best pairs were euraud usdcad and audusd

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
          Participant

and so i used euraud as my single pair and on one account ran two best pairs one is usdcad and euraud and another account i ran three of the robots of the three pairs euraud usdcad and audusd and all of them are in a loss of 1% so for the next week i again choose the best pairs right? and another question that is when i’m scaling if i loose the first trade to be a 3 percent do i keep running it on 3 percent so that it makes back 3 percent and profit or i scale it down i didn’t see petko scaling down on loosing trades

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

What I do is wait until I have 3% profit.  Then I will increase risk by 1%  so that I now have a total of 2% risk to my account.  This way if my account draws down the trade will be closed leaving me with 1% profit in my account.  Then I will start over with a 1% risk.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
              Participant

Okay then i will do that too but once the account is back to 1 percent do you dial down the risk or still it is 2 percent

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

Also do you manually interfere with the trades i see petko doesn’t but does he?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

No I do not interfere with the trades.

The last few weeks has not been very profitable, but the profits will come!

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

Pls do reply

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

Okay then whom should i follow petko or you

User AvatarAlan Northam

Follow Petko!  I am just sharing how I scale up.  Petko uses his own scaling plan and it works for him.  Since these are Petko’s robots then I would suggest you follow his plan.  Petko’s plan is based upon individual currency pairs where mine spreads the risk upon all traded pairs.  My plan is less risky but will take longer to hit the price target to complete the challenge where Petko’s plan should hit the price target sooner.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
      Participant

Alan, here’s another puzzling occurrence. This sell position was opened as per normal with a 50 pip stop loss and 100 pip TP. The NFP news just came out and were in our favour for us to maximise profit. The position closed too soon. It seems that the TP was moved to around 12 pips. I only made a profit of $120. The market is still moving as we speak in our favour so I’m missing out on profit. Why would the position have closed way before 100 pips? I’m very disappointed.

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

so quick update for this week, even though my trial finished with FTMO on monday, i left the bots running.

no trades on GBPAUD or EURAUD, and nothing on USDCAD, however on the app it shows 6 trades but i also see the timeframe has changed from M30 to M5

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

hey so the last weeks best performers were AUDCHF,USDCAD,XAUUSD all v6.1 and now the USDCAD has dropped from the list but we do not change the robot right?As we are changing the robots based on the performance of an overall week and if we did change the robot then it would be a chase to changing and getting to the best robots so i don’t think we change like that

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

I would wait until the end of the week to make any changes.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
        Participant

yes that’s what petko does seen in the videos

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have two FTMO robots with open trades, USDCAD M5 V6.1 and XAUUSD M5 V6.1. USDUSD is now in profit of $80 with increasing profits. XAUUSD in decreasing its loss but has not yet turned profitable. So far, so good!

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have two FTMO robots with open trades, USDCAD M5 V6.1 and XAUUSD M5 V6.1. USDUSD is now in profit of $144 with increasing profits. XAUUSD is at $125 loss with decreasing loss. Right now my FTMO Challenge is in a $15 profit with profits increasing so far today.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Traders,

I know there has been a lot of dissatisfaction with the FTMO app robots lately so I wanted to chime in here. At the beginning of this week I downloaded all 14 robots and installed them in my Infinity Forex Fund Algo Evaluation MT4 terminal. Sorry, I cannot use the FTMO Challenges anymore as in the United States FTMO no longer allows us to use MT4 or MT5. However, before this limitation was imposed upon us US traders I had installed the same FTMO robots on both the FTMO challenge and the IFF Algo Evaluation to compare their performance. The result was they very closely track each other. So based upon this past experiment I feel traders using the FTMO Free demo or Challenges should be able to achieve similar results to what I am getting. I also realize that these 14 robots have only been trading on my account for 2 days and my results are early I wanted to share what I am getting so far. When I installed all 14 robots I changed the lot size on each robot to 0.01 lots so their results would not affect my account balance significantly. Right now I have 3 closed trades. One profitable and two losing. However each of these closed trades where with one closed trade for each of the three robots. I will now continue to trade these 14 robots for the balance of the week and report my results this coming weekend and how I am going to address my trading for next week.

The following link will outline how I trade all my robots. The link was written based upon the FTMO robots v5.1 but the steps I follow is still the same for all robots.

How To Trade the FTMO V5.1 Robots

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Traders,

On February 18, 2024 I downloaded all 14 of the FTMO app robots to my Infinity Forex Funds 100K Algo Evaluation account. I then reduced the lot size to 0.01 so I could monitor for one week how these robots would perform with a different prop firm other than FTMO. The following chart shows the results of that one week evaluation. I chose GBPAUD to trade the next week with normal lot size for a low risk account as determined by the FTMO app because it showed profit for the week and was the top performer. I also chose XAUUSD to trade the next week with a low risk account lot size even though it showed a small loss. My reason for including this robot to trade next week was because is had one winning trade and ONLY had one losing trade for the week and was also the second top performer. Since XAUUSD had one winning trade for the week I decided so trade it the following week as there was a good chance it could have a winning trade next week. If XAUUSD would have had two losing trades for the week I would not have made the decision to trade it the following week. Anyway, these are the types of decisions a trader must make.

The following chart shows the trade results for the following week, the week of February 25th. The results show XAUUSD with a nice profit for the week but also shows GBPAUD had no trades for the week. XAUUSD had 7 trades with 5 winning trades for a 2.5 to 1 ratio and also had a profit factor of 16.23 to 1. I also notice USDCAD came in second place this week with a winning trade. This tells me the current market environment is good for this robot so I will add it to my list of trading robots with a normal lot size for the low account risk robot I downloaded. My list of three trading robots now include XAUUSD, GBPAUD, and USDCAD.

My next update will be during the weekend of March 9.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Traders,

Week of March 3, 2024 through March 9, 2024. The following are the third week results of trading the Prop Firm Robots on my Infinity Forex Fund (IFF) 100K Algo Evaluation account. The first week was used for testing all 14 robots with the IFF server. The second week was actually the first week of trading.

XAUUSD: XAUUSD has posted profits now for two weeks. I will continue trading this robot next week.
      USDCAD: USDCAD posted a small profit a week ago and was added to my list of trading robots. However, this last week USDCAD posted two losses for a total loss of $555.16. So why did this robot show a profit a week ago and two losses this past week. The answer is volatility. This last week the market was extremely volatile due to the US News Events concluding with the Non-Farm Payroll news event on Friday. Since normally the weekly volatility is not as volatile I will continue to trade this robot next week.
      EURUSD: This last week was the first week EURUSD placed trades since I started trading the Prop Firm Robots on my Infinity Forex Fund 100K Algo Evaluation account. The reason the profit was so small this last week is because I have been testing it on the Infinity Forex Fund server with a small lot size of 0.01. I will now reload this robot onto My MT4 EURUSD chart so this robot can trade this next week with the proper lot size for a 1% risk to my account.

ROBOTS TRADING NEXT WEEK: XAUUSD, EURUSD, USDCAD

TOTAL ACCOUNT PROFIT: This past week showed a small loss of -$78.97, however, the total profit for this account over the last two weeks since I started trading this account is $411.17. Based upon this I should pass the Evaluation process in about 4 months. What I may decide to do once the account reaches the half way point to hitting the profit target would be to increase risk to reduce the time period to complete the Evaluation stage.

Next update March 16, 2024

Alan

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Traders,

I have decided not to continue to trade the Prop Firm Robots on my 100K Infinity Forex Fund (IFF) Algo Evaluation account. Instead I will be using this account to develop my own XAUUSD 10 Expert Advisors using EA Studio. This weekend I will be creating these 10 EAs and will test them on my IFF account this next week with a lot size of 0.01 lots. I will report my results next weekend under a new topic of something like My Ten Golden EAs.

Alan,

Viewing 121 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart