Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots How To Trade the FTMO V5.1 Robots

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAlan Northam

How To Trade the FTMO  Robots
      ===========================

Petko does not recommend trading all 8 robots in an FTMO Challenge. He recommends trading just 1 to 3 robots.

To determine which robots to trade in an FTMO Challenge the robots should be tested in the FTMO Free demo account for a minimum of one to two weeks.

After testing the robots in a Free FTMO demo account the demo account should be linked to FXblue or MyFxbook. You will then be able to review the most profitable robots. You can then select the top 1 to 3 top robots with a minimum of 3 to 5 closed trades.  If none of the top 3 robots have closed at least 3 to 5 trades continue testing.

Once you have determined the top 1 to 3 robots you can now add them to an FTMO Challenge.

Continue to monitor all 8 robots in the Free FTMO demo account on a weekly basis with FXblue or MyFxbook. If different robots become the top 1 to 3 performers move these to your FTMO Challenge and replace the old robots with the new ones. Once the 14 day Free FTMO demo account has expired, create a new one, and link to FXblue or MyFxbook.  Continue monitoring the robots on a weekly basis to continue updating the FTMO Challenge with the newer 1 to 3 top performers.

Note1: It is not recommended to trade all 8 robots in an FTMO Challenge at one time. The reason for this is they will all generate profits at different times. The strategy is to determine which of the 8 robots are currently in profit and trade those in the FTMO Challenge while the robots that are performing poorly are kept in the demo account.

Note2: Each robot has an account risk of 1%. Trading 3 robots will result in an account risk of 3%. It is not recommended to allow an account risk of more than 3%.

Note3: While it is not recommended to trade more than 3 robots in the FTMO Challenge at the same time if you chose to trade more than 3 robots in an FTMO Challenge then the lot size of each robot should be reduced to keep the account risk at a maximum of 3%.

I also suggest the review Petko’s video on how to install and trade the FTMO v5.1 robots:
      https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/is-the-robot-available-for-multiple-funded-accounts/#post-219126

Alan,

Great! And I have something more to add: If the traders follow these instructions, THEY WILL NOT FAIL A CHALLENGE. So far I never lost a challenge if I was trading the Top 1 Expert Advisor out of the 8. It might take longer to pass, but it won’t fail!

And so far, we don’t have a trader who reported or shared stats of losing a challenge if one was trading, just the Top 1 CURRENT winner. Most traders that failed just placed all of them on a challenge and did not follow the instructions.

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

So, the safest and low risk strategy is to use the Top 1 from 8 EAs to pass FTMO. It would of course take longer. For step 1 of the challenge where are suppose to get 10% of the profit, any idea roughly how long will it take to achieve it ? 1 month, 2 months or 3 months? For a newbie, with the Top1 EA , shall I stick to a $25k challenge or can go for $100k , I don’t really care if it takes longer to beat Step 1 challenge. My priority is to be on safe side first and then gradually start doing medium risk trading after passing the challenge.

Also, Can we just use EA for FTMO with the given set file without changing any parameters in it?

Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

The lowest risk is to use the Top 1 EA.  As to how long it will take to pass the challenge depends upon the volatility of the market.  There are certain days, weeks, and months that are more volatile than others.

For a newbie, I would recommend using a 10K challenge.  This way if you fail the challenge you can use the same money you would have used on the 25K or 100K challenge to try the 10K over again until you pass then challenge.  Then once you pass the challenge you can use profits from it to use higher level challenges.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

@Alan – So from Petko’s comment above. If I stick to the no.1 top performing EA of the last 2 weeks (out of all FTMO robots) and just use it with given set file/settings without changing any parameters in it, would that be enough to pass a challenge?  I am going to buy a limitless option of the challenge where I can take as much as time I need, as long as I do not violate the rule of drawdown.

User AvatarAlan Northam

“@Alan – So from Petko’s comment above. If I stick to the no.1 top performing EA of the last 2 weeks (out of all FTMO robots) and just use it with given set file/settings without changing any parameters in it, would that be enough to pass a challenge?”

If you follow the instructions it is all you need to do to pass the challenge.  It doesn’t mean you will pass the challenge on your first challenge.  Petko has failed challenges but by retaking the challenge and following the instructions he has eventually passed the challenge.  The instructions tell you what to do, the instructions do not guarantee you will pass the challenge everytime you take the challenge.  However, if you take the challenge multiple times you should pass the challenge the majority of the time.

In trading there are no guarantees of winning everytime you place a trade.  If there were guarantees we would all be rich.  The phase I use is “In trading there is no guarantees of success, only probabilities!”  By following the instructions we increase the probability of success.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Thank you so much for the reply. All clear now 🙂

User Avatareliav dror
      Participant

hi i just wanna know if i activate the all robots in challange is safe to not reach 5% daily?

User Avatareliav dror
      Participant

and also why in all the setting of diffrent pairs its not fix at 1:2 rr ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi eliav dror,

Your answer to your question about not hitting 5% can be found in the following link:

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/how-to-trade-the-ftmo-v5-1-robots/#post-219413

The answer to your question about 1:2 rr is that the robots are created to trade profitably the majority of the time with the RR set for each robot.  To change this value to a 1:2 rr would result in the robots losing the majority of times.  Why is this?  This is because sometimes the robots will move against the trade for a short period of time before becoming profitable.  So if the stop loss was set to close to the opening price the trade could be closed with a loss before it had a chance to move into profitability.  The robots are therefore created for best performance.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

Hey, I am confused about something. for this week I took three robots for 3currencies. Now as this is my first week trading a challenge account, I divided 1% risk of the account within the three best performing robots making it 0.3% risk each and reduced the lot sizes. Is this the right way? If not, what should I do my account size is 50k.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeemgazi,

When taking the FTMO Challenge you need to keep your account from losing more than 5% of your account balance in one day. To do this you need to set the risk of each robot you are trading so this does not occur. It is recommended to keep the total account balance risk below 3%. So, if you are trading 3 robots then each robot can be set to have a risk of 1%. To do this you need to set the lot size properly. Since you are using just 3 robots you can set each robot to the lot size recommended in the setfiles.

By dividing the lot size by three for each robot you have limited your daily account loss to 1%. This is fine, however it will take much longer to pass then challenge.

Here is the thing about passing the challenge. The larger the risk the sooner you could possibly pass the challenge, however the risk is increased of failing the maximum daily drawdown of 5% or falling below the total account loss of 10%. The lower the risk the longer it will take to pass the challenge but the risk of losing your account is lowered. Each trader must decide how much risk to take as each traders risk tolerance is different.

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Hi Alan.
      I have a big request, which will definitely be helpful to all users of this robot.
      You will definitely test these 8 robots permanently and you always know which is the top of the robots that perform the best.
      Please post this ranking periodically, it would help us a lot.
      Especially when this ranking changes.
      We thank you a lot.
      For example, the ranking after my tests is EURAUD, USDCHF, XAUUSD.
      I don’t know if the other users have the same ranking.
      I started using these 3 robots, with the mention that EURAUD opens very few trades.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi gabiscriba,

How would this be better than each trader testing the robots?

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

I think it is the best. You know how to test robots the most correctly. Many of us do not know or fail to test them correctly.
      My question is: how anybody would test better than you?
      I think many would appreciate this help. Of course, if you want to offer it.

User Avatarriccardo moschino
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Secondo i miei test il più performante è EURUSD e EURAUD 🙄</p>

Participant

Perché quando si avvia il bot non vedo alcun indicatore sul grafico? Non ce nemmeno l’intup true or false

User AvatarAlan Northam

When using MT4 you will not see indicators!

Alan,

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

My bot has been trading the latest release (all 8 bots) and is in profit, albeit a little, but still profit.

I will be looking at the summery and taking the best 2 or 3 bots and test them.

User Avatarseanetics
      Participant

Hi Alan,

Please can you provide me with the line(s) of code that needs to be changed or commented out to Disable Hedging and Effectively only Enable Netting?

Thanks, Ri.

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

Hi, how much time it take to you to pass challenge with only TOP 1 ea?

The ea’s do not seem much active I did not have a single trade since 3 days

I still prefer precise entry trade that a bunch of bad trade 🙂

User AvatarRobby Mesenberg
      Participant

Hey there,

I‘m currently Trading ftmo bot v5.0 and v5.1

isnt it Useful to Trade the New and the old ones? I don’t use Myfxbook or fxblue, they don’t Note every Trade thats opened in my accounts, so my Trust is Little Bit low. But Great Platforms, love them.
      Im testing around very much every day and i noticed nice Profits the last two weeks with EURUSD V5.0, XAUUSD v5.0 and USDCHF v5.1.

The other v5.1 Werent that good the Last Week, Hope to see them profiting. Big changes in Relation to v5.0. Very interesting.

should i only Trade the new ones or is it a Great tactic to test around, Write them down and use the best of all the Versions?

another question would be:

how do you decide if an ea is the „Top Performer“ and how Long it is one?

good Profits the Last Weeks? The last month(s)? The last days? The Last Hours?
      how do i know if a profitable run is Over? After 1 loss or how?

i watched every Video 10 times at least and im looking Hours in Forum every day But it seems im the only one who asks this. ;D

maybe there is a problem in my Head 🙂

hope u r Fine, Great work for low prices, thank you for your help and a wonderful Christmas Week my G‘s!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Question 1: “should i only Trade the new ones or is it a Great tactic to test around, Write them down and use the best of all the Versions?”

Answer 1: Petko recommends trading the TOP 1 to TOP 3 Expert Advisors. Since you are testing both V5.0 and V5.1 you could combine V5.0 and V5.1 and trade just the TOP 1 EA or the TOP 3. There is no right or wrong method.

Question 2: “how do you decide if an ea is the “Top Performer“ and how Long it is one?”

Answer 2: To determine top performers use only the closed trades. I personally use FXblue to sort the performance of all the EAs from top performers to bottom performers. From this sorting it is easy to pick the top performers. To determine how long an EA will remain the top performer I check FXblue every few days to see if the top performers have changed. As long as the EA I am trading remains in the top performer position when sorting the EAs I continue to trade it. Once it falls out of the top performance position I stop trading it and start trading the new top performer.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, then please let me know what I am not explaining. I am here to help!

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
          Participant

Hi, one question please : why do we need a long term testing through FXBlue ?

We already have Petko’s profile where we can see the long term testing of – https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PetkoAor

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PetkoA/ftmo-robot-top-3-25k/10493707

Can’t we pickup form here

User AvatarAlan Northam

If Petko’s results were from the most recent week you could certainly use them.  However, the top performing robots can change every week as market conditions are continuously in a state of change.  So, if Petko’s results were from several weeks ago then the top performers have most likely changed.  To keep up with which robots are currently the top performers it is necessary to check them every week.

Alan,

User Avatarjovyishere
              Participant

So wouldnt it make sense to maintain this profile weekly? We then can choose what bots we want to run. We dont need to have 100 people testing the same 8 bots. You guys make this harder than it needs to be.

User Avatargabiscriba
              Participant

You are right. I have the same proposal and request that I had before. To post here weekly the ranking of the most profitable robots.
              Thank you very much.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Please contact support@eatradingacademy.com and request this feature.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Isn’t anyone from Support team here who monitors this chat and pass the suggestions from members to higher ups? This will only improve the process and product usage. It should be better in EAtrading’s own interest rather than we all firing multiple same emails to support@

User AvatarAlan Northam

The forum moderators monitor the forum and helps traders with the issues they are having.  This free’s up the support team to deal with support issues.  What you are requesting is not a problem you are having but a request which falls under support.  Having said that sometimes support or Petko may pop into the forum and answer a question or two but this does not occur often.  The best way to ask for a feature request is to contact support.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Very  wise remark @Jovishere,  imagine paying for all that VPS for demo account to test for months before we actually go and take the challenge.

User AvatarAlan Northam

When demo testing I do not use my VPS.  I only use my VPS for live trading.

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Hi Robby.

You are not the only one asking questions, it’s just that they appear on several topics.
      I am also waiting for the answers to your questions, especially the one about Top Performers.

User AvatarMUSTAFA SAMEH
      Participant

I would prefer that there be a test by the academy on what are the best currencies for this week

User Avatarjovyishere
      Participant

I have 3 different demos going. 2 on mt4 and 1 on mt5. same broker. only the mt5 is trading the others are not. I have selected the same pairs and same set files to start. any reason why the other 2 may not be trading?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Are you using the same broker for all 3 demos?

There is already a topic about that: https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/recommended-forex-pairs/#post-220142

You can check the best pairs from this morning.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

hey, I had a question about risk management. today is Wednesday and I reached 2% of my account. Should I continue trading for the rest of the two days? or should I trade in the next week by increasing the risk times 3 according to the pdf provided?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Today I start a FREE FTMO V5.1 demo Challenge.  I will now wait until the end of the end of the year to determine the top EAs.

Alan,

User Avatarstore634
      Participant

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the FTMO v5.1 robots. I put them on a FTMO demo account to monitor the top performers. They actually running great and the account is up 1.5% in 3 days. Opening already over 10 trades.

Now I took the top robot and put it on my SurgeTrader 25k challenge. But nothing. No trades opened. I added 2 more of the top 3 but still not opening any trades. Just wondering if they are not working on SurgeTrader? They EA’s though.

Does anybody experienced anything like that?

Thank you,

Alex

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

It’s Festive holidays all over the world, trading volume will be less in this week and next week. You need to monitor the Top performing 1st EA for at least a month. I would recommend to pause your challenge until 2nd January (Ideally until Late January if you want to play low-risk). I hope you opted for unlimited time to pass. Keep us informed

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, the historical data for FTMO and Surge Trader are not the same.  Therefore, the top performers may be different between these two prop firms.  Having said that the Expert Advisors should still work.  I would give it another day to two.  If you don’t see any trades then contact Surge Trader support.

Alan,

User Avatarstore634
          Participant

Thank Alan and Sammy! I’ll give it a few days and see if any trades will open.

Hello,

I installed FTMO V5.1 with the Pair AUD CHF , AUD USD with the set files. Is there anything else I need to do?

User AvatarBrian Pelton
        Participant

You should put all of them on a demo to test them for awhile then take top 1-3 performers and try a challenge.

Why I need to try first I thought it works? I’m confused

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

At this moment, we have to test ourself by paying on a VPS server $25 per month. Hopefully EATrAdingAcademy will change something in future where they would be testing their EA in a VPS and we can see the results of Live Demo in a Trader’s profile.

So, test in demo and don’t take a risk by jumping straight into a challenge.

User AvatarAlan Northam

I do not use my VPS to test Expert Advisors.  I have an old pc I use for this purpose which I leave running 24/7.  If my power goes out or the internet is down, which does not happen often, I just take note and continue on with my testing as a few yours when the power is down or the internet is down is a small period of time compared to testing for a week or more.  A few hours when the internet is down does not affect the overall testing results.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

So, you mean would rely in your Home PC 24/7, running it on your own electricity and reliable internet without any latency to get the results from EA. How much would that cost for a month in total ? Wouln’t paying for a VPS server $25/per months be cheaper and reliabale ?

Honestly, I wish EA trading academy do this job for its members and only members can see the live result somewhere without going through all that testing ourselves, so we jump straight into the Challenge with best performing EA.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Thanks for your question!

The reason we are given 8 Expert Advisors to trade is because they do not all trade at the same period of time.  If they did all trade at during the same period of time we would not need 8 Expert Advisors as only 1 would do.  For this reason we need to test the Expert Advisors to determine which of them are trading more profitable in the current market environment.

As an example, there are times when a certain Expert Advisor will be in a losing position for a several weeks or even several months while other Expert Advisors are profitable.  It is therefore necessary for us to determine which Expert Advisors are currently being profitable.

Alan,

This make no sense. For what exactly I’m paying?

I can test thinks myself without buying any EA 😅

Participant

Ho provato a mettere 2 grafici. In uno ho installato FTMO con posizioni BUY, nell altro ho posizionato il FTMO, cambiando numero magic e mettenndolo in SELL. che dite?

User AvatarPerry Chan
      Participant

“Continue to monitor all 8 robots in the Free FTMO demo account on a weekly basis with FXblue or MyFxbook. If different robots become the top 1 to 3 performers move these to your FTMO Challenge and replace the old robots with the new ones. Once the 14 day Free FTMO demo account has expired, create a new one, and link to FXblue or MyFxbook.  Continue monitoring the robots on a weekly basis to continue updating the FTMO Challenge with the newer 1 to 3 top performers.”

Dear Alan,

I have a question about that, if the first FTMO demo account expired after 14 days, I open another one, and I have to wait for an week to see which EAs are the top performer. So I can only trade for 2 weeks per month isn’t it?
      Because:

1st week: FTMO demo account test

2nd week: Keep tracking the performance of the demo account and can place the top performer on live account

3rd week: Open a new demo account start testing and live account closes all trades until new demo open trades and show which EAs are the top performers.

4th week: Keep tracking the performance of the demo account and can place the top performer on live account

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Perry,

The top 1 to 3 robots would be added to the MT4/MT5 terminal and would then continue to trade for 2 weeks or longer. Once the new demo account has determined new top 1 to top 3 robots then they would replace the old ones.

Having said this I can no longer use the FREE FTMO demo account nor can I purchase new Challenges as FTMO no longer offers them to traders in the United States. As a result I am now using Infinity Forex Funds Algo Evaluation account as IFF does not offer a demo account. So I use the Algo account to test my robots with a 0.01 lot size which is not limited to 14 days but the time frame is unlimited. Other than that I still use the plan above.

You have the same option. If you don’t want to be limited by the 14 day demo account you can purchase a 10K Challenge and use it as your test account.

Alan,

User Avatarfabber tender
      Participant

Hi everyone, @Alan
      I wanted to ask for clarification.
      I understood how to test the robots, the problem is that if last week (for example) the best robots were xauusd m4 eurusd m30 and EURAUD M15, the following week I put them on my account but none of these open operations… then they I go again to exchange with the best ones from the previous week and again no one opens operations… so a month has passed and I haven’t opened any operations… what am I wrong? @alann

I also didn’t understand one thing, for each robot there are different time frames, for example XAUUSD there is m5/m15/m30 which should I test on the demo account? all pairs with m5? all pairs with m30? so you can’t get out of it anymore

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart