Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots Passed Challanges with the FTMO/Prop Firm Robots

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Traders,

I’m happy to share with you that I passed 2 Prop Firm challenges with the FTMO Robot in the last 2 weeks!

In the first challenge, I used the Top Performer from the 7 FTMO Robots. Once I reached 2%, I increased the entry lots to 3. You can see the statistics for all trades in the account.

I used the Top 3 EAs in the second challenge without changing the lot size. Have a look at the statistics from the account.

The second account is with time limit so the target is 8%. Surprisingly the Prop Firm marked it as Passed at 7.99%! 🙂

I also recorded a video about it, and it will be published tomorrow – Friday the 26th of October.

Cheers,

User AvatarCristian Nembrini
      Participant

Wow congratulations! Can I ask you about the time settings of the bots? 1-23 by default? Or did you modify them?

Yes, I use the default settings. I did not change anything.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Leverage 1:30, meaning you opted for FTMO Swing accounts?

User AvatarJason McKay
      Participant

Great job! I was running the GBPCAD also and it was losing multiple trades, so I shut it down. I’m using the V4.3 on 1M

I would love to get it working like yours. Any help is greatly appreciated.

User AvatarJason McKay
      Participant

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Jason,

The EAs will go through periods of profit and periods of losses.  You have to give the EAs more time to work.

Alan,

If you check the trades in the reports, you will see that I traded the GBPCAD at the beginning of the week. At the end of the week, the AUDNZD was the profitable one.

So you need to track the 7 EAs and see which is the best one at any moment.

User AvatarTrinidad Simmz
        Participant

Glad to hear there was profitability on your side this week, unfortunately I have only radio silence with these EA’s for some reason. I’d love to rectify that.

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have a few of ideas.  1.  In the EA properties box reduce all four of the first four lines from 1.0 to 0.01 to see if you now start to get trades.  2.  Start a 200K FTMO demo swing trade account and add all 7 EAs.  I know the EAs will work there.  This way you can start tracking which EAs are performing the best in the current market environment while you continue to resolve the issues with the other brokers.  3.  Contact each broker and make sure they allow EAs.  4.  Give me access to your computer so I can make sure everything is setup properly.

Alan,

Participant

Hello Alan, I had already tried 0.01 lot size on one of the other accounts I was tracking, but still there were no entries.

The 3 brokers I have tried definitely allow EA’s because I use them regularly to trade many different EA’s on all my accounts, (demo & live).

Always I have other EA’s along side Petkos FTMO bot, (to verify MT4 functionality) and they trigger entries as normal.

For example this last week on the same account, I put an EA trading XAU/USD along with it, and as you can see that one made many entries;

Im not sure what else I can try, last week I deleted all my other MT4 terminals except this current EightCap one, to make sure there was no issues with conflicting terminals.

This next trading week I will reinstall the separate terminals again with different brokers and test them with smaller lot sizes only.

Very confusing why it doesn’t work for me.

Participant

Re: suggestion 4.

If someone can email me through EA Trading Academy, I can give you temporary access to my VPS where you can asess the situation.

User AvatarLing
      Participant

Dear Petko,

Before I ask my question, I want to thank you. In demo mode, the 7 EA’s have performed so well since October 11 that is up 12.5%. That is 17 days.

Before I start the FTMO evaluation, I have a question.

Once I ran all 7 bots, how many days going backwards do I use to identify the top performer? 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks?

My biggest fear is for the currency pair to start having a red streak after 12 trades with an 80-90% win rate. Any light you could shed on this would be of great help as I know you have come across this concern in the past.

Thank you Petko.

Ling

User AvatarAlan Northam

I would wait 1 week to identify the top performer.  You can change the amount of time to see what works best for you.

There will always be periods of profits and periods of losses.  There are many strategies that can be used to minimize losses so that over the long term the account will be profitable.  One strategy is to have several Expert Advisors trading.  When one EA is going through a period of drawdown the other EAs may be going through periods of profits.   Another strategy is to have a demo account of the 7 EAs and only move the Top performer to a live account or maybe the top 3 performers.  Then once each week (you can change this time to see what works best for you) review the demo account and move the top performers to the live account.

Hope this helps!

Alan,

User AvatarLing
          Participant

Thank you Alan, much appreciated!

Ling

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

I just purchased the bot.
      Is the 30 TF the best one to use?
      Well done on passing the challenges.
      My intention is to start low, $10k on the Funded Trader perhaps, and work my way up.

Thanks.

User AvatarAlan Northam

The FTMO Expert Advisors are to be placed on the M1 time frame.

Alan,

User AvatarPrimalSci
          Participant

Thanks Alan.

I am running a test right now.
          I intend to try various demos from 10k up to 200k.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Gonna start the challenge on a 25K Swing account tomorrow! I’m excited

User AvatarPrimalSci
        Participant

Good luck!!
        I have started testing on a 200k demo account (Alpha Capital Group). So far, hardly any draw-down and 3k up.
        Day one.
        Impressive.

I will give it a week and then test on a 1ok account and may go for a 10k funded account with The Funded Trader.
        Slow and steady wins the race.

User Avatar0xBitpool
          Participant

Thank you! Good luck to you too!!

Meanwhile, you can check how it’s going here: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/0xBitpool/ftmo-challenge-25k-top-3/10505789

User AvatarJason McKay
            Participant

Looking good!  Can you share your setting? I was looking at your trades and they are taking trades differently than mine.

Thanks for your time.

User Avatar0xBitpool
              Participant

So for FTMO, 25K on a swing account, here are my settings (example for EURUSD)

User Avatarpaul4x
            Participant

hi,
            just checked your stats, around $400 profit since last october? not the best results so far.

User AvatarPARVEEN PANCHAL
      Participant

Hi Petko/Alan

I purchased the FTMO robots a month ago and  it passed the FTMO 50k DEMO challenge with all 7 EAs. Now I am enrolled in 100k real challenge and in last 12 days, it is up by 1.1 %. I still have my demo accounts to monitor which are the top EAs in last one week and based on that I am using top 3 EAs GBPCAD, EURUSD and AUDNZD in my real FTMO challenge:

My questions:

1) In 100k challenge, I am trading 3 pairs with 1 lot size , it that okay or should I change any settings/lot size? I am trading EA as is.

2)If I manually close any trade or manually open any trade, does it affect the EA settings or how EA trade?

3) Sometimes I see trade reverse and I tend to manually change it, should I do it or leave the EA as is? Of course that going in contrast of automatic trading. In long term, I want to trust the EA and trade automatically.

4) How to calculate the % of account size with lot size? How much account size I am risking per lot?

thanks,

Parveen

User AvatarAlan Northam

Answer 1)  Trading 3 pairs with 1 lot for each pair yields an account risk of 2%.   This is OK.

Answer 2)  Manually closing a trade does not affect the EA.  It will continue to function normally.

Answer 3)  If you are going to trade with EA’s then you need to have faith in them and not be changing their parameters or manually close the trades.  Having said that I will manually close a trade if it is close to the TP and I see it is starting to reverse directions.  This is the only time I will close a trade.

Answer 4)  Use a calculator to set lot size, etc.  https://www.babypips.com/tools/position-size-calculator

Alan,

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

Is there anything that I need to do before attaching  the FTMO bot on to its required pairs in MT5?
      I noted that Alan said to download previous data prior to attaching? I think I have done this correctly.

Any additional advice would be great.

Thanks.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi PrimalSci,

Good luck with your challenge, and just be aware of your risk!  Keep us posted as to how it goes.

Alan,

User AvatarDianah Nankunda
        Participant

Hey,

What do you mean by previous data? I have not heard about it and I am curious

Thanks

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

Thanks Alan.

Not going so good at the moment unfortunately but it is early days and need to give it a chance. Trading is difficult and will always fluctuate up and down. It is what it is.

Is the bot purely a plug and play bot?

Thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi PrimalSci,

The only thing you need to change would be the first four lines in the EA Properties box based upon your account size.

The following is the recommended lot sizes based upon a 10K account which limits risk to 1%:

Amount for a new position = 0.3 lots
        Maximum position amount = 0.3 lots
        Amount to add on addition = 0.3 lots
        Amount to close on reduction = 0.3 lots

* For larger accounts simply scale the lot sizes.

Alan,

User AvatarPrimalSci
          Participant

Superstar.
          Thanks Alan!!

Will keep you updated on how it goes!

User AvatarRick Jäger
      Participant

Hey, I just wanted to start my first ftmo challenge with this bot. I have 2 questions:
      1. I live in germany, with eur as currency. Do I have to choose EUR or USD as currency when I want to start ftmo?
      2. I have to take the swing account, Right?

Thanks Guys!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Rick,

Answer 1)  It is up to you as to whether you should choose EUR or USD.  However, since you are in Germany EUR might be your better choice.

Answer 2)  Yes, use the swing account!

Alan,

User Avatarjoko supriyadi
      Participant

In my opinion both of your strategies is dangerous. The scale up one is dangerous if you don’t monitor it all the time if consecutive loss happened, it will violate 5% daily limit. The three top performers EA will be dangerous too, your DD is close to 5%, and it’s just lucky not violate it.

Hey Joko,

I appreciate your feedback!

True, but one should not use the scaling-up method if one can’t monitor the trades. I decided to use the scaling-up system only when I am around the monitor.

About the second one, it depends on your risk tolerance. It’s not luck. I’ve done plenty of tests with the EAs and the lot size to calculate that the chances of passing the challenge and not violating the rules are huge. If that ”risk” is too much for one one, it’s just a matter of lowering the lots.

User AvatarLing
      Participant

Hello!

Thank you for all that you guys do.

I have 3 questions.

1. If I am closely following EURUSD and have decided to use it for an evaluation, how do you decide when is the best moment to begin using the scaling plan? After seeing 1, 2 or 3 red trades or is it based on a different criteria?

2. I would like to ask if soon there will be a way to create a script to automatically trade with the same number of lots if the current trade is a loser, but if the current trade is a winner, to automatically add “X” number of lots before placing the next trade.

3. I am considering purchasing the TOP 10 Forex robots and would like to confirm if they are all a 1:2 loss/win ratio to use the scaling plan to pass a challenge.

Thank you,

Ling

User AvatarAlan Northam

answer 1:  This is explained in the cheat sheet you can download from the FTMO course,  However, I will explain how I would use the scaling plan for a 10K account.  When I would start the challenge I would start with a lot size of 9.3 lots.  Once I have $300 profit I would increase the lot size to 0.9 so that the next time the EA entered a trade it would trade with a lot size of 0.9 lots.  Then once the account reached a profit of $900 I could increase the lot size to 2.7 lots.  The idea about how much to scale up is so that if the EA hit the SL the account would be reduced to would not exceed the daily amount of 5%.

answer 2:   This IS done by how you set up the first 4 lines in the FTMO EA properties.

answer 3:    The TOP 10 Forex robots do not adhere to the 1:2 loss/win ratio.

Alan,

User AvatarLing
          Participant

Thank you Alan, your answers are very helpful and much appreciated.

Ling

User Avatarjoko supriyadi
      Participant

Dear Petko,

In one of your account you use Forexpropfirm and its leverage is 1:30. In your opinion for the one shoot/entry not martingle, is it always enough?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi joko,

Leverage of 1:30 is sufficient to pass the FTMO challenge.

Alan,

The FTMO Robot has passed another challenge! This time it was the Infinity Forex Funds 50k account.

I used all the robots trading simultaneously with 1% (normal) risk per trade. Once the account reached 5% profit, I doubled the entry lot (keeping it at 5% max Daily Loss). This is a variation of the scaling-up system I teach in the FTMO Course.

Once the equity reached $55,050, the trades were closed automatically using the integrated target protection settings in V5.1.

It took about 30 days for the FTMO Robots to pass the challenge. EURAUD and GOLD were the most profitable pairs. You can have a look at all of the stats here.

At the beginning of the challenge, I had the FTMO Robots V5.0, and then I replaced them with the Robots from V5.1 (that is why there are double magic numbers). I also doubled the lots according to the V5.1 values.

Scaling up works great for me! And I don’t find it as risky as the Martingale approach because we reinvest the profits in the account.

We plan to integrate the scaling-up method in the inputs of the EAs so that when one wants to double (any multiplier), the lots can do that automatically at a certain point.

In this example, it was just one one-time manual intervention but it would have been great to set this from the beginning:

increase 2 x lots once the account reaches $52500 (5%).

We will work on that, and as soon as we develop it, we will add it as an option in the EAs.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Nice!  I will start a 50K Evaluation using v5.1 robots.

Alan,

User AvatarSzymon Wloch
      Participant

I’ve passed FTMO with earlier version but I adjusted the strategy slightly so it worked for me. Using latest version on my 2 funded accounts now and it’s doing well

User AvatarPranav Mundada
      Participant

Dear Fellow Traders,

I’m genuinely thrilled to share a major milestone in my trading journey – the FTMO Robot has successfully navigated and conquered my 1 Phase 15k Challenge! 🎉

I initially kicked off with V5.0, diligently trading for a month with the Top 3 performers. However, in the pursuit of optimizing results, I decided to make a strategic move. I upgraded to V5.1, tweaking the lot size to be twice the default for the top performer, USDCHF. The outcome? It delivered the maximum profit during this trading.

I used V5.0 initially but it was cost to cost even after 1-month trading with Top 3 performer later I replaced all the robots with V5.1 with Top 3 performers but this time 2x the lot size of default for the top 1 performer ( USDCHF). It gave me the maximum profit in the meantime.

The journey took me a solid 34 calendar days, during which USDCHF and EURAUD emerged as the most profitable pairs for me.

For those keen on the nitty-gritty details and statistics, feel free to check out the comprehensive breakdown on my FX Blue profile:- https://www.fxblue.com/users/480135

Happy and genuine trading vibes to all!

User Avatarpaul4x
        Participant

So did you just keep using the same top 3 performers from your test time? I have been trialling the 8 bots as suggested for to see what are top performers

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

Hello Allan,

Thanks for this.

Sorry if you’ve already answered this but just to double check that your original post in this thread refers to the performance of the  FTMO EA straight out of the box with the original settings and no modifications? This was a month ago so is there an update on the performance since then? I ask because I see some people on other threads complaining of slow activity.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi David,

Sorry, I am not sure what original post you are referring too. Anyway, being in the United States I can no longer trade the FTMO robots on the FTMO challenge as it is not allowed by FTMO. What I can tell you is when I was trading the FTMO robots on an FTMO challenge they were not modified!

Alan,

User AvatarPatrick Verlee
      Participant

Hi there,

Is there anything in particular we need to watch out for when purchasing a challenge from a prop firm. Here is an example from a prop firm EA limitations.

Yes, we allow the use of any risk management EA or Trading Bot as long as they are not used in the following ways:
      Martingale
      Tick scalping
      Reverse arbitrage trading
      Latency arbitrage trading
      Hedge arbitrage trading
      HFT (High Frequency Trading), Grid Trading

So would the FTMO Robot be allowed in the above case ? Not sure how the EA FTMO robot functions to be sure on what to look out for.

thanks in advance

Patrick

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Patrick,

Yes you can use the FTMO robots as they do not trade under any of the conditions you noted above.

Alan,

Hello Traders!

We have taken the next step in our transparency efforts with our students by making the results from our challenges public:

On the new page, you will find all the accounts we trade – challenges and funded accounts!

You can track how the Robots are performing at any given moment with live records! This page aims to test all the robots for you, so you can easily decide which ones you want to trade!

Note: Please do not consider any information on that page as financial advice! Choosing which robot to trade with on which prop firm is a personal decision!

Cheers,

Petko A

PS: We have also changed the name of the FTMO robot app to Prop Firms Robot because we don’t want to be associated with FTMO or any other Prop Firm.

User AvatarNikos

Hello traders,

I’ve got really good news to share!

The Prop Firm Robots (or FTMO ROBOT) have successfully passed yet another challenge! This time, it was on a $100k challenge account with Infinity Forex Funds. I relied on the Top 5 EAs from the Prop Firms App on the weekly timeframe. I took a bit of a risk by doubling the lots once the account hit 5%. It took the Prop EAs a solid 40 days to pass the challenge, and what’s even more impressive is that they managed to gain a whopping 15% in just the last 30 days, which is awesome to see!

Here is an image of some of the stats:

Prop Firm Robots Metatrader

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User AvatarPete
      Participant

Wow, thanks for posting Nikos that’s really encouraging. I’m new to this and I just purchased those bots last night. Just waiting to receive them now.

User AvatarNikos

Hey Pete,

Thank you very much and of course if you have any questions, let me know and I will assist you!!

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User AvatarPete
      Participant

Hi Nikos,

You’re welcome! Thanks so much and yeah, I’ll definitely hit you up for any advice moving forward. Nice to have a ‘big brother’ out there who’s already been ‘through the trenches’.

I wish you success and happy trading,

Pete

User AvatarNikos

Hey Pete,

Thank you so much and I wish you happy trading and success as well!

As mentioned, I am here whenever you have a question, just let me know!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

Hello traders,

Here is the video about this challenge. I hope it will be useful to you to know how exactly I passed the challenge with the Prop Firm Robots:

User AvatarCraig
        Participant

Just to clarify, did you check the top weekly performers every day? and adjust the loaded Robots based on this?

User AvatarPete
      Participant

Good question because I loaded up the XAUUSD M5 bot and by the time it entered a trade I see now that it’s not even on the list and drawing down now.

Seems we have to be pretty vigilant with it. Should be look at the weekly and only seek out the monthly for confirmation or?

User AvatarKonstantinos Borsis
      Participant

Do we need to allow for the indicators to show on screen for the EA to take trades or this is not affecting trading?

I have added 3 top performers from the app for the last 2 days have not opened any trades yet. Please advise.

User AvatarRichard Lawrie
      Participant

Good day EA Trading academy members

Been a great couple of days with the FTMO Robot’s…

Trusting that it will continue.

Anyone else been making some good profits.
      I have setup a nice portfolio and I am hoping it will pay off.
      I will leave the robots to run now and see what happens.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart