Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots FTMO Robot General questions

BlackBull Markets
  • This topic has 370 replies, 92 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by User AvatarNikos.
Viewing 240 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarOlivier Hoeksma
      Participant

I have multiple funded accounts and I am wondering if it is possible to add the robot to all. Besides that, is it possible to trade by yourself and not interfere with the bot?

User Avatarjanan
      Participant

Can we use EA to make profit after passing phase 1 and phase 2.

Hey Janan,

The EAs has no limiatons at all. You can trade with it on funded account after the challenge or you can trade it on regular Forex account.

User AvatarKazGwada
      Participant

Hi

Has anyone already completed another FTMO challenge (notably Nova Funding) with the bot?
      Are we sure the bot is difficult to detect on Nova?

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

Hello there ,

as I’m watching the ftmo course I came across were Petko was talking about the Forex profit supreme meter .. and I downloaded it from below the video and applied it to my chart but for some reason it’s doesn’t look exactly as shown on Petko’s screen .. The pair names don’t show in full so I can’t read the pair name and also, it’s on top of the of the meter on the left .. please take a look at how it looks on my screen .. I’m attaching both screens how it’s on my screen and how it should be like Petko’s screen … any suggestion why this is happening or how can I fix this ? please note that i looked under the colors tab in the idicator settings and i see nothis to change font size. any one know how to solve this ?

my screen

Regards,
      Mqjdi

User AvatarAlan Northam

I just downloaded it and installed the exe file in the indicator folder. I then loaded it onto a chart and it looks normal. Maybe delete it and reinstall and see if it looks correct.

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

Hello Alan,

I downloaded the FPS indicators again .. and i placed them on my charts in three different mt4 brokers .. the same issue is still here .. it’s still exactly as the image i attached earlier. im not sure how to fix this or what is causing this .. but i currently cant see the full pair symbols 🙁

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

Hello all,

what are the settings for the Moving averages?  the three lines that Petko uses in his videos in the ftmo course.. exponential , smoothed, simple, linear .. Which one are they ? Can you please share the settings for the 3 MA used please ?

Regards,
      Majdi

User AvatarAlan Northam

It looks like you are using MT4 so that isn’t the problem.

I wonder if you are installing the correct file?

https://fxprosystems.com/forex-profit-supreme/

Install as an indicator.

User AvatarGary Wenger
        Participant

Alan,

I tried the link you shared but when I downloaded the files the .rar file was blocked by Microsoft as a security concern.

User AvatarGary Wenger
        Participant

The link on this website to download the Forex profit supreme meter indicator, seems to work:
        Best-MetaTrader-Indicators.com

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

Yes, that’s exactly what im doing .. find attached the indicator im attaching indicator

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

this is also the indicator folder

still showing the same results !!

User AvatarAlan Northam

It must have something to do with the MT4 terminal.  I would download a new copy of MT4 from your broker and install it.  Then install the indicator and see what happens.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Majdi,

Can you please refer me to the lecture or lectures where the MA is being discussed so I can review them. That way I would be able to answer your question, thanks?

Alan,

User AvatarMagiangelic
      Participant

Hi,

If I buy the ftmo robots at this course https://eatradingacademy.com/premium-robots/ftmo-robot/

can I pass ftmo with it following the swapping in and out to market conditions?

Or do I still need to take the course here https://eatradingacademy.com/courses/ftmo/ftmo-challenge-course/

i am not much of a trader myself so if the ftmo robots with the swapping in and out would suffice, that would be great.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Magiangelic,

You do not need to take the course, however, it is recommended to learn how the EAs work, how to adjust its parameters, and how to select the best ones for trading.

Kind Regards,
      Alan

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

i tried that too on a new mt4 installation ..  i also tried 3 different mt4 brokers .. and i also tried a totaly different laptop with a new mt4 installation and the same issue still exists .. lol .. im out of options here .. i really dont know what else to do .. this is an integral part of ftmo course .. the first step is to use the indactor to identify the power of currency pairs i should be trading .. as of now i cant seem to do that with not being ablke to see the symbol of the currency or cofirm it.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Majdi,

I don’t know what else to suggest either.  I have tried to simulate your problem but cannot make my PC act like what you are seeing when I install the indicator.  When I install the ForexProfitSupremeMeter it works normally as I have shown above in an earlier post.  I will contact Petko about this issue and see if he has any other suggestions.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Majdi,

You only need the ForexProfitSupreme Meter if you are going to manually trade an FTMO account.  If you are going to auto-trade then you can skip down to the auto-trading section.   Auto-trading does not require the ForexProfitSupreme Meter.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Majdi,

Try the following:

Close MT4:

– From File Explorer, right-click on the MT4 terminal file.

– Select Properties.

– Go to the Compatibility menu.

– Click on ‘Change high DPI settings’ near the bottom.

– Check the box in the area that says ‘High DPI scaling override’. ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior.’

– Select ‘System (Enhanced)’ as the response to ‘Scaling performed by:’

– Click OK, then Apply.

– Take a look at the indicator again in MT4, and hopefully this will work.

Alan,

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

sure i will look for them and post back here

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

the 3 ma showen here .. which method do they use ? i asume it’s either Smoothe or  Simple because it says SMA .. but which one is it ?

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

also here in this lecture .. the moving average used on m1 chart .. petko mentions it’s 20 moving average .. but again which method of moving average is it ?

User AvatarSaud Iqbal
      Participant

Helloo….i have a question…if everyone is using same EA on same TF then everyone must be getting same results while using recommended settings and lot sizes.. soo isn’t is possible if anyone tells here which EA is mostly profitable..it might save alot of time of others and secondly As Petko said in his video that metatrader backtesting results are not so precise soo forward test it for best results…soo many of traders might have forward tested it on demo or live accounts…soo can anyone share results here?

User AvatarSteven Sanders
      Participant

Hey Alan,

I had the same problem as the original poster. I tried what you had written above and it worked!

Thanks for providing the solution.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Steven,

I am happy to hear the solution worked for you and you can use the Forex profit supreme meter.

Alan,

User AvatarCandas kasap
      Participant

can i use 2 robot same time for eur/usd , and I’ve been waiting all day, but nothing has happened

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

You should be able to use 2 robots, as long as they are on different charts. Depending on the strategies, it can take some time before they make their first trade. Not trading is also trading 🙂

User AvatarCandas kasap
      Participant

last question can you check the photo,  ALGO TRADING is with RED DOT  is it ENABLED ore DISABLED ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Red dot means disabled!

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

Oh nice catch! Yes, auto trading is disabled, so no trade will be placed

User AvatarLee Wagstaff
      Participant

As I know prop firms have a max allocation? when passed and if i want to use this on the actual live account already using perceptrader on one funded account. But do these ftmo bots randomize the trades at all? i can see from broker to broker they are different but im not sure if it would be on same broker… ALSO MASSIVE THANKS as its performing very well!  Just one certificate from last week

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Lee,

The FTMO Expert Advisors do not randomize trades. Having said that the same Expert Advisor will trade somewhat differently from one broker to another. This is because the historical data is not exactly the same from broker to broker. Even if you place the same Expert Advisor on two different charts with the same broker one of the charts may place a trade and the other may not place the same trade at the same time. This is because of the difference in the time it takes metatrader to send the order to the broker varies.

Congratulations on passing the evaluation stage!

Alan,

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

Hey Alan,

YESSS .. finally your sugesstion above solved the problem 🙂 thank you very much for staying on top of this untill it was resolved 🙂 highly appreciate your effort.

Regards,

Majdi

User AvatarAlan Northam

No problem, happy to hear it is now working!

User AvatarMajdi
      Participant

Hello Alan,

Thanks for clarifying the MA method, apprecitaed 🙂

Regards,

Majdi

User AvatarDonghyeok Son
      Participant

I just purchased the FTMO ROBOT EA, however the link to download it isn’t working

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

What do you mean it’s not working? 404?

User AvatarDonghyeok Son
      Participant

It says “This site can’t be reached”

and also gives the error code
      “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN”

I had VPN running while purchasing the order, I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it.

User AvatarDonghyeok Son
      Participant

Never mind, somehow after 1 hr, the link is working. All is good.

User AvatarMarek
      Participant

Hi, I had the same problem with the ForexProfitSupreme Meter display in the beginning, but thanks to the tutorial from Alan, the ForexProfitSupreme Meter is now displayed correctly. But unfortunately I am not getting any values. When I run ForexProfitSupreme Meter I just get the error message ForexProfitSupreme Meter GBPUSD,H1: Alert: Some currency pairs are not available\n for calculating the indices.\n:NZDCAD:NZDCHF:GBPNZD:GBPCAD:GBPAUD\nCalculation formula will be changed.  and no values are loaded. Also in strategy is this: ForexProfitSupreme Meter GBPUSD_ecn,H1: incorrect start position 0 for ArraySort function

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Marek,

It looks like you are having an issue with the broker.  I suggest opening a demo account with another broker and installing the ForexProfitSupreme meter there.  I have tested it with Dukascopy and the indicator works correctly there.  Here is a screenshot:

Also note the ForexProfitSupreme meter is only used for manual trading.  Once you start auto trading with robots it will not be needed.

Alan,

User AvatarMarek
      Participant

Hi Alan,

thank you for your test. When I look at your screenshot, I see the AUDNZD currency pair. And if I look at my screenshot, I can see the currency pair GBPUSD_ecn. All my currency pairs have _ecn at the end. When I added other currency pairs to the symbols that do not have _ecn at the end, ForexProfitSupreme Meter works correctly for me. Thanks for the help

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes, if you have the option to select currency pairs in the symbols list that does not have the ecn suffix that is great!

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
          Participant

Hello Alan,

i have the same problem as Marek.

My pairs are ending with “.”

For example: EURUSD.

I dont want to change the broker just because of this problem.

In the settings of the indicator, I did not find any setting to change that :/

BR Luce

User AvatarLuce
            Participant

*cant edit my post so i just write it here*

in the settings of the indicator its possible to edit the Prefix but not the Suffix (which i neeed)

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Luce,

This usually occurs when the broker operates in more than one country.  Right click in Market Watch and select “Show All”.  You should now be able to scroll down and find the currency pair without the “.”, if I understand your question correctly.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
              Participant

Hello Alan,

i did that but they have all the point at the end:

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Did you try clicking on View in the tool bar and then clicking on Symbol.  Then search through the lists to find the right pairs?

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

In Market Watch did you scroll all the way down to the end?  Click anywhere in Market Watch and then move mouse wheel to end of the list of pairs.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
              Participant

I did find these pairs:

But now they are like light grey:

User AvatarJeremy
      Participant

Hello all,

I just purchased the FTMO robot and I would like to know if the EA will work on 1:50 and 1:100 margin.

thanks!

User AvatarMichael
      Participant

Hi guys,

Could you please advise if there is a solution to receive email notifications for all the trades in my account?

I have already set up SMTP notifications in the MT4 terminal. The issue is that MT4’s alerts only allow for price level notifications. I would like to receive notifications for all trade activities occurring in the account. Do you have any script or EA that can be added to MT4 to generate such alerts to be sent via the standard SMTP function?

Kind wishes,

Michael

User AvatarAlan Northam

EAtradingacademy does not have any such scripts to do what you are wanting to do.  What you can do however is set up an account with FXblue.com where you will be able to monitor all your trades.

Alan,

User AvatarJeremy
      Participant

nevermind, I’ve answered my own question.

User Avatarjoeljay v2g
      Participant

Hi so i just purchased the Bot and is trying to load it on my MT5. Normally I would just drop the files in the

\MQL5\Experts\Advisors and hit refresh. But this one seems to be not working for me. Am ! doing something wrong because the EA is not showing on my Experts list and also the file extension is .mq5 vs .ex5

please clarify. or please send me an instructions on how to load this EA. Thanks

User AvatarJurjen Pieneman
      Participant

Open the mq5 files with the compiler and press compile. Then the ex5 is created and added in MT5.

User Avatarjoeljay v2g
      Participant

Ok I’m lost… I bought this EA thinking this is like other EA in regards to installation. I didn’t know i need to use Visual Studio and some compiler to be able to use it. There was no clear instructions that came with it. Which compiler are you using?

User AvatarJurjen Pieneman
      Participant

Just the default that is installed with MT5, its called MetaEditor. Easy, don’t worry.

User Avatarjoeljay v2g
      Participant

Got it.. Thank you 🙏

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Open data folder where you’re .mq5 files are. Double-click the file you want to compile. MetaEditor will open the file and you just need to press “compile”. Repeat for all EAs and that’s it!

I personally like that the bots come in an open-source kind of way.

Note: The “drop and refresh” process you mention is still possible with MT4. It’s just that MT4 will compile the files for you automatically.

User Avatarjoeljay v2g
      Participant

Thanks guys.. I figured it out. It’s lock and loaded.

User AvatarMelvyn Clark
      Participant

Hi guys,

I have installed the V5 on an 8cap demo account about a couple hours ago and no trades. Have someone started to trade? I own the V4.3 and there were some information on the left of the chart. Now the V5 doesn’t show any information. I’ m not sure if there is an issue with my installation.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

I haven’t had any trades as well. I’m pretty sure installation is okay though. The entry conditions changed so I’d give it some more time.

It’s normal to not have as much information on the chart as V5 has been done with another generator.

As long as you have a smiley face, it should be good. Worst case you can paste your settings here, and we can take a look 🙂

User AvatarMelvyn Clark
        Participant

Thanks, let’s wait a little bit longer and hope all is working fine.

User AvatarZEROHUNTER
      Participant

I’ve already purchased the version 4.3 two weeks ago how can I get the version 5 one?

User AvatarNicholas Grobler
      Participant

Hello All

I just bought the FTMO EA, busy with the setup. Very much looking forward to this process, being that I have failed two previous evaluations with other prop firms…the journey of trading is not an easy one 🙂

Quick question though. Once the challenge has been passed, can I continue with the EA’s on my live (funded) account as well?

User Avatardusktrader
      Participant

I think the answer is “yes” since you are in control of using these EAs. I am still testing the FTMO Robot(s) but if they perform well, I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t continue using them even after passing a challenge.

User Avatardusktrader
      Participant

Hello, can you please confirm that restarting MT4 in the middle of active bot trading is fine, and that the bots will just pick up where they left off?

For example, if I have FTMO Robot v4.3 and there are 3 trades open… then I reboot my computer and restart MT4 — will it just continue managing those 3 open trades as usual?

Thank you

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nicholas,

Yes, once you are funded you can continue to use the EA. Keep in mind however, there will be periods of profit and periods of drawdowns. Over the long term however the EA should be profitable. As to how long the EA will continue to be profitable over the long term is an unknown. To reduce the risk of the EA turning unprofitable over the longer term Peko updates the EA from time to time. It is then up to you if you want to switch to the updated EAs or continue to use the existing EA.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Dusktrader,

Yes you can reboot your computer and your open trades will continue to trade.

Alan,

User AvatarEmre Karademir
      Participant

hi i just bought the ftmo robots today is there a way i can get the 4.3 versions somehow ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

V4.3 should be available in the download link.

Alan,

User AvatarMCI
      Participant

Same here I can only download the 5.0 version.

I was looking to use the GBPCAD robot he showed on the youtube channel.

User AvatarMarin Stoyanov
      Keymaster

Hello guys, for anyone who wants to download an older version of the FTMO EA, please write through our contact form here or drop us an email at the technical support email and we will assist you further.

User AvatarKevin Pardo
      Participant

I only installed yesterday, but I notice that the relatively far SL/TP numbers mean that some trades may be open for long periods of time. You might want to use FTMO swing account for this if going FTMO route.

On another note, thanks to the CPI news this morning my trial that I started yesterday already surpassed the 5% lol. But this really means nothing; if the news had been the other way then I would have hit a few stoplosses

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Kevin,

The FTMO swing accounts are the way to go!

The fact that the CPI news caused your demo account to surpass the 5% level tells me you are taking too much risk.  Like you say, if the CPI went the other way, or your trade was in the opposite direction it could have caused you to get locked out for the rest of the day.

Alan,

User AvatarKevin Pardo
          Participant

Thanks Alan, however this was just a demo free trial with standard set files attached. Running all 7 EAs as instructed.

CPI was pretty crazy today.

User AvatarAlan Northam

You should receive an email with link to v5.0. If you do not receive an email then email support.

Alan,

User AvatarElethu Mapuzi
      Participant

How do i setup the robot to not make trades when there has been a drawdown or 3 or 4%?

User AvatarAlan Northam

It depends upon the robot. Basically, the way to reduce risk is to keep lot size small. How small? This is where backtesting or testing in a demo account can help. Backtesting, or demo trading for a month or two, will give a good idea of how much is the typical drawdown. From this information you can then determine the lot size you should use.

What robot are you referring too and I can give you an idea of the lot size you should use.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Olivier,

Yes you can use the same EAs on multiple accounts.
      You can also manually trade the same account and it will not affect the robot.

Alan,

User Avatarakvelarde
      Participant

Hi,

I have downloaded the Profit Meter, but I am getting only few pairs.

In the journal log, I can see this:

2023.11.23 23:04:04.435 ForexProfitSupreme Meter EURUSD,H4: Alert: Some currency pairs are not available\n for calculating the indices.\n:AUDUSD:USDCAD:EURAUD:EURCAD:EURCHF:EURGBP:EURJPY:GBPJPY:GBPCHF:NZDUSD:AUDCAD:AUDJPY:CHFJPY:AUDNZD:NZDJPY:NZDCAD:NZDCHF:GBPNZD:EURNZD:GBPCAD:GBPAUD:AUDCHF:CADCHF:CADJPY\nCalculation formula will be changed.

Can you please help me check what’s wrong with my setup?

Do you also have the MT5 version so I don’t have to switch to another terminal? I mainly use MT5

Thanks!

Keymaster

This question has been addressed by Alan here. It looks like you are having an issue with the broker.

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello,

is it possible to put the ForexSupremeMeter on the same chart where the FTMO Robot is placed?

Or will it affect the FTMO Robot?

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes you can add it to the same chart as the FTMO robot, and, no it will not affect the FTMO robot!

Alan,

User AvatarSerghei71
      Participant

Hi, I wanted to know where to find the Forex Supreme Meter to insert it into the graph. Thank you

Serghei71

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

I did find these pairs:

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

But now these are like light grey:

User AvatarAlan Northam

I think those are the correct ones.  See if you can open a chart and install the the profitsupreme meter.

I will be off line for the next hour.

Alan.

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

These pairs are now working but the other are missing:

User AvatarAlan Northam

Interesting!  Glad you got it working.  I guess the greyed out feature means these symbols are not to be used in your country.  So I guess the symbols with the “.” are the correct ones to use.  I don’t know why it took so long for the indicator to start working correctly, but I am happy to hear it is working now.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
          Participant

But there are o lot of pairs missing on the indicator, or am i wrong?

Participant

i read more and more on several telegram channels that many people that pass prop firms with eas dont get payout for some reason. Does someone here actually got a payout at some point or do the prop firms just come with some random excuses to not pay u ?

Hey Emre,

So far I have requested a payout only from FTMO and they paid it without issues. I will show it in one of the future videos as well.

Participant

ok nice. i wrote the support they told me i should trade better manualy bc of the capital allocation rule but didnt understand completly. i think when we trade all with the same EA it is only allowed up to 400k capital so if 4 people here have each 100k account the rest will not get payout ? i guess if i got it right

User AvatarAlan Northam

That means you can only have a maximum of 400K account.  So if you have multiple FTMO accounts the total capital cannot be more than 400K.  It has nothing to do with the total capitalization of multiple users.

Alan,

Participant

the support mentioned the capital allocation with the 400k so thats what i heard out off it

User AvatarAlan Northam

There is nothing in the terms and conditions that says anything about more than one trader using the same third party EA’s.

Terms & Conditions

5. RULES OF DEMO TRADING
            Section 5 discuses the rules for demo trading.  This is not about the Free Demo Trading.  The Challenge and Verification phase is called demo trading and this is what section 5 is discussing.

Alan,

Participant

FTMO :”If you intend to use trading robots (Expert Advisors – EAs), keep in mind that if you use an EA from a third party, there might be other traders already using the same EA and therefore exactly the same strategy. By using a third-party EA, you potentially run a risk of being denied the FTMO Account if you exceed the maximum capital allocation rule.’”

Support:

The fact is that the capital allocation rule is per trader and per strategy

so if  30 traders are using the same EA on their FTMO Account, and they each have a 100K FTMO Account, they will breach the rule
              17:44
              because you will have a total allocation per strategy of 3 millions

i think ur wrong Alan sry

User AvatarAlan Northam

Sorry I just now stumbled upon this response and I wanted to clear up any confusion.

Here is what I said, “There is nothing in the terms and conditions that says anything about more than one trader using the same third party EA’s.”

In otherwords, there is nothing in the terms and conditions that says only one trader can use the same strategy, many traders can use the same strategy.

Where the problem come into play is when the total of all traders accounts reach 3 million dollars.  Once this limit is reached then all traders using the same strategy will be asked to change their strategy.  It is only if the traders refuse to change their strategy will their accounts be locked out.  According to Petko, all you need to do to change the strategy is to change the magic number.  So until the 3 million dollar limit is reached traders can use the same strategy.  You are not going to lose your account.  The worse thing you may have to do is to change the magic number.  A good reason to use MT4 because MT5 does not use magic numbers.  I don’t know if adding a comment would change the strategy just as a magic number does.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Alan,

Participant

FTMO :”If you intend to use trading robots (Expert Advisors – EAs), keep in mind that if you use an EA from a third party, there might be other traders already using the same EA and therefore exactly the same strategy. By using a third-party EA, you potentially run a risk of being denied the FTMO Account if you exceed the maximum capital allocation rule.'”

Support:

The fact is that the capital allocation rule is per trader and per strategy

so if  30 traders are using the same EA on their FTMO Account, and they each have a 100K FTMO Account, they will breach the rule
      17:44
      because you will have a total allocation per strategy of 3 millions

i think ur wrong Alan sry

Participant

Hey Traders,

I recorded a complete guide for the FTMO Robot:

User Avatarocean chiu
      Participant

hi just installed EA ftmo , however, the robot will automatically log out, the blue icon will disppear , please advise how to handle

User AvatarAlan Northam

Try and install the EAs a second time.  If that does not work then review the following video and see if this helps.

Petko just published a video on how to install FTMO V5.1 robots and how to use them. Here is the link address:

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/is-the-robot-available-for-multiple-funded-accounts/#post-219126

Alan,

Hey Ocean,

You can see the issue on your chart – Min Equity Protection Activated. You have uploaded Set Files that have a min quity value and the amount you have in the account is lower. That is why the EA removed the Expert Advisor.

Change the value in the Experts input according to your acocunt size and it will work smotthly.

User Avatarocean chiu
      Participant

thanks , it working well after adjusting the input

User AvatarJustice Aigbe
      Participant

User AvatarGranit Mustafa
      Participant

hi is ok that my Ftmo robots made sell and buy in the same pair AUDCHF

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes!  When using MT5 it will automatically set up with a hedging account.  A hedging account is where you can have a long and short trade on the same pair at the same time.  A netting account is where you can only have a long or a short trade on the same pair at the same time.  It is my understanding that FTMO,com only allows hedging on one account.  So, if you want to open a second FTMO account you should verify with FTMO support on how to do this using MT5.

Alan,

User AvatarGranit Mustafa
      Participant

HI IS OK THE ftmo robots in AUDCHF take  sell and later take buy

User AvatarArik Shahar
      Participant

Hi,

Sometimes the robot makes nice profits and when DD starts the robot doesn’t close the trade automatically.
      When I try to close the trade manually I can’t do it. Please advise

User AvatarAlan Northam

If you cannot close the trade manually it sounds like you are trying to close the trade when the market is not open.  If the market is open and you still cannot close the trade manually it sounds like a problem with your broker.

Alan,

User AvatarLeonett Lai
      Participant

Hello

Can i use FTMO EA on all pair to run on my broker that provide leverage only 1:30 with capital 1k or 5K ?

Pls advise

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes you can use the FTMO robots with other brokers. You will need to adjust the robot properties settings accordingly.

Alan,

User AvatarBrian Pelton
      Participant

From my understanding the FTMO robot does hedging? What about if I use MT4?

User AvatarAlan Northam

MT4 only has hedging mode but the account has to be hedging account otherwise it will use netting.

Alan,

User AvatarGreg Pyles
      Participant

I completed the FTMO Masterclass on Udemy earlier this year.  I only see EURUSD M1 and a EURUSD M15 and a EURUSD H1 robot files available in that class.  Are all of the FTMO Robots for the currency pairs available for customers who purchased that class or does that require a separate purchase?

Thanks,  Greg

User AvatarAlan Northam

To get all 8 of the current FTMO robots you need to purchase them from the eatradingacademy website.

Alan,

User AvatarAnthony126
      Participant

New to the FTMO Robot community looking forward already to the New Year when I will start trading actively again. In the mean time I have been running some back tests and will be setting them all up on a demo account where I can monitor the progress.

I read back through the thread and I’d like to bring to the community on what I do before I start trading in a usual week. I will look through the majors and get a sense of the direction bearish or bullish. I will also correlate my major with DXY to see if my thought process is correct.

What I’m going to test in this theory is that if I’m bullish on one pair and lets take EURUSD as an example setting the EURUSD to only take long set ups and of course if I was bearish setting it to only take shorts.

Wondering is any others have tried this ?

Merry Christmas Everyone

Anthony

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Anthony,

I would also suggest you take the same EA and let it decide to take a long or short trade without your intervention.  Then compare the results between letting the EA make the decision to go long or short to the EA where you make that same decision.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello together,

is it a problem withe FTMO EA when i restart the mt4 terminal on my VPS?

Or is it better to restart the EA on the weekend? and what happens to the trades what are still open over the weekend?

Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

When you restart your MT4 terminal the open trades will remain open.  The only problem I see is if you have an open trade that is very near hitting its TP.  So, if while restarting the terminal and the market moves to the price of your TP price level the open order will not be closed because the terminal is not able to send the TP signal to the brokers server.  So, as long as none of your open trades are not close to a TP or SL price there is no problem with restarting your terminal.

During the weekend any open trades you have will remain open.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
        Participant

Hello Alan,

the same problem could happen with the StopLoss correct?

Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes!  So before restarting the MT4 or MT5 terminal check all your open trades to make sure they are not close to their TP or SL.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello,

i want to install the myfxbook ea, so that MyFXBook is always connected to the FTMO Robot.

I do this because i had several problems with connecting the EA with MyFXBook the “normal” way because often MyFxBook couldnt connect to the Account with the FTMO EA.

After i tried to place the MyFXBook Ea on the chart this error was showed:

Looks like i can only have 1 EA on the same chart?

Does someone know a solution for this problem?

Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Sorry, I don’t use Myfxbook so I cannot address your concern.  Someone else will have to address your concern or you can contact support@eatradingacademy.com.

Alan,

User Avataraaronpriest
        Participant

You just have to open a second chart. Each chart can only have one EA attached at a time. To run multiple EAs just requires multiple charts open at once.

User AvatarTylerDurden
      Participant

Hi,

the predefined set files are in USD.

If my FTMO Account is in EUR, which parameters should I change and how?

User AvatarAlan Northam

If you leave the setfile values as is your risk and profits will be about 10% less when the currency is in EUR.  If you want to change it just increase the lot size by 10%.

Alan,

User AvatarTylerDurden
        Participant

Thanks Alan.

Should I change some other settings?

The EA is still not running and keeps getting removed from the chart.

I’ve loaded the 200k settings file (balance on the MT4 account is 160k €)

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tyler,

Your account has lost 20%, or  40,000 EUR, of its equity and is now at the same dollar level as the Minimum Equity in the EA Properties dialog box.  So to protect your account from further loss the EA is removed from the chart so it can no longer place losing trades.  To allow your account to start placing trades again you will need to change the Minimum Equity from 160000 to a smaller amount.

Alan,

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

Hey everyone,

New member here, been reading tge forums extensively,  one question I have so far, is there a thread of people who have successfully passed a challenge with these bots apart from the creator? I haven’t seen a lot of success posts?

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello,

when i update the EA from V5.0 to 5.1 on my MetaTrader, is it possible to remain the open positions?

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes the open positions can remain open after updating from the FTMO v5.0 robots to the FTMO v5.1 robots.

Alan,

User AvatarLuce
          Participant

So i just remove the V5.0 and add the V5.1 as normal?

Is there anything I need to be aware of?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Luce,

You need to load the setfiles for v5.1 and don’t trade more than 3 EAs to limit account risk to 3%.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Hello,

I have bought the FTMO robot today and after completing the course.

I have been given the video ‘FTMO Complete Guide’ – Youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6SrGqplaF4

In this video, Petko is selecting FTMO Swing Account for a $200k acc which comes with leverage 1:30 and one can hold position overnight and trade on news.

Is this is good practice to select FTMO Swing account and not a Regular account?

If a regular is recommended then do I have close all position manually on Friday night and stop the Robot?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

With the FTMO account you cannot trade during the news or hold positions over the weekend.  The advantage is the leverage is  100:1.  The FTMO account is good for manual trading but not good for trading EAs.

With the FTMO swing account you can trade during the news and you can hold positions over the weekend.  The disadvantage is the leverage is 30:1.  This account is good for trading with EAs and the leverage of 30:1 is plenty.

If you use the FTMO account and trade with EAs you will have to manually close all trades during the news events.  This will be difficult to keep up with as there are a lot of news events each month.  I would not recommend this approach.

Alan,

User AvatarBrian Pelton
      Participant

Hey guys, do the FTMO robots perform best in ranging markets or trending markets?

User AvatarAlan Northam

It is possible to look at each robot in EA Studio or the source code and try to identify which of the FTMO robots are range trading or trend trading, however, to me, the proof is in the pudding how they actually perform while trading. Therefore, it is my opinion, the best way to identify which robots perform best in ranging and trending markets is to put them in a demo account, identify ranging and trending markets, and then see which robots perform best during these different market conditions.

Alan,

User AvatarTrader 27
      Participant

Is there an update for January, still using same 8 pairs?

User AvatarTylerDurden
      Participant

What’s the criteria on how Trading Hours should be set?

What’s the timezone to be taken in consideration? (I’m in GMT+1)

User AvatarTylerDurden
        Participant

Please, can anyone help?

Thanks 🙂

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tyler,

The timezone is GMT.  With “From hour” set to 2 it means the EA will not start trading until 2 hours after the market opens.

Alan,

User AvatarMatthew Cupper
      Participant

Morning all!

I am not sure whether this question has been asked above already so apologies if so.

Question is if there are several thousand people using the EA and we are using the same Prop Firm do they not detect trades being copied or is there variance programmed into the bot?

Thanks again for your answer. 😉

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Mathew,

You don’t need to worry about the same EA being used by others while in the FTMO Challenge and Verification as the third party EA rule only applies to funded accounts.

Alan,

User AvatarStephen B
      Participant

question has been answered

User AvatarShashwat Aditya
      Participant

Hi Petko, I have setup the EA on my demo account with alphacapitalgroup on meta trader 5, but so far the bots haven’t taken even a single trade. While trying to run backtests, the bots are showing 0 trades. I have followed the exact steps in the video shared by you. Can you pin point the common mistakes that might result in this?

Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Shashway,

The first thing is to make sure you see a blue hat in the upper right corner of the trading chart.  If the hat is blue then the robots have been setup correctly.  Secondly, did you install the correct robots.  For example, if your account size is $10,000 then you need to download and install the $10,000 robots.  The account size and the chosen robots must match.  Thirdly, does the time period of each robot match the time period of each chart as they are different for the various robots.  Lastly, if you have just installed the robots within the last day or two you will need to give it another day or two for the robots to make their first trades.

Alan,

User Avataraaronpriest
        Participant

You aren’t going to be able to run this on Alpha Capital Group (I have accounts there). You’ll need to share the source code of your EA to get permission to run it on your account, which means you’ll have to create your own EA and strategies instead of a ready made one. EA trading is disabled by default on their accounts until they enable it.

Participant

Thanks, this was helpful! I have been trying to set this up without any progress. I’ll move to some other prop firm which is suitable for Indians since FTMO has some restrictions for Indian users

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Shashwat,

You could go ahead and ask permission to use the robots.  Maybe since no one else is using the same robots they may approve them.  The worse thing that could happen is that they turn you down.

Alan,

User Avataraaronpriest
            Participant

Can you use The5ers? They are the second oldest and most reputable prop firm (after FTMO).

Participant

Thanks Aaron, will definitely check it out.

Absolutely Alan, will give it a shot there.

User AvatarSammy Trader
          Participant

Oh waaaw , you saved a lot of my time. I will look elsewhere. Thanks

Participant

Update: @Alan, they rejected the EA

@Aaron
      , I went up and created a demo account with FTMO, but even in that the back test results are the same. 0 trades. I’m very confused now, maybe I’ll try some other EA just to be sure that EAs are working on this account.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Shashwat,

At least now you know for sure they wouldn’t accept the EA.

As for the FTMO demo account.  If you are using FTMO V6.0 robots did you make sure the account size of the demo account matches the downloaded robots.  For example, if your account size is a $10,000 account then the downloaded robots should be the $10,000 download of the robots.  Also if you testing the robots using MT4 do you see smiley faces, or if you are using MT5 do you see a blue hat in the upper right corner of the charts.  If these things were done correctly then you just need to give it more time to start seeing trades.  I have also been testing the FTMO V6.0 robots this week in an FTMO account.  I have 3 open trades going.  One was opened on 01/08/2024, one on 01/10/2024 and one on 01/11/2024.  Notice there was not a open trade taken on 01/09/2024 that day was skipped.  So it is possible that when you start a new FTMO demo account it may take a day or maybe even two days before you will start seeing trades opened.  So, hang in there, be patient, and give it time.

Alan,

Participant

This is only happening on the dipgate VPS that I have recently started, while trying on my personal system, the backtest ran properly, so I’m still confused on what the issue is. I’ll probably setup something on another VPS and check first.

User AvatarJonathan Cervantes
      Participant

Hello,

Will the stop loss and take profits automatically be adjusted even if we aren’t using it on a funded account and using it for small account trading?

Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Jonathan,

TP and SL do not auto adjust, they will remain the same.

Alan,

User AvatarJonathan Cervantes
      Participant

What about the lot size?

User AvatarAlan Northam

The lot size does not automatically adjust either.  I would suggest changing the lot size based upon the risk to your account size you are willing to accept.

Alan,

User AvatarDanny Pyttel
      Participant

Hallo Leute,

weiß jemand ob der FTMO Robot mit der Prop Firma: TFT (The Funded Trader) kompatibel ist?

Grüße Danny

User AvatarNoah Tan
      Participant

Hi Support

I have tried to email support as I am not able to download my v6 robot, but there has been no response even after emailing multiple times.

I keep getting this error even after trying to log in with different browsers.. its so frustrating.. I purchased the robot but i cannot download it.

Hey Noah,

You need to login into your account in the Academy. Then, you will be able to download the EA.

Please be patient with the e-mails as we receive 100s every day, and we do our best to answer all of them in 24 hours.

User AvatarBence Bela
      Participant

Hello,

I would like to update the FTMO robot but I currently have 6 trades open which I wouldn’t want to interrupt. I understand that the TPs and SLs are already there but sometimes the robot closes trades before TP or SL is reached. So I worry that if I change the robot while the trades are open, the new robot will not know what to do with the trades opened by the older version.

So my question is, what is the best way to replace the old robot with the new?

Kind Regards,

Bence

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bence,

When replacing the old robots with the new robots just make sure to use the old robots magic number and copy it into the new robot if the new robots have different magic numbers.  Then the new robots should recognize the open trades.

Alan,

User Avatareli kamholtz
      Participant

Hello,

I recently downloaded the robot files, when I go to compile them it doesnt create file that i can import into my platform….any idea what might be happening?  There is no error message

User AvatarNoah Tan
      Participant

My issue has been resolved. Thanks for the support @Marin

User AvatarTrader 27
      Participant

Hello, if the magic number used for the EA is same in both demo and real account, will it cause any functionality error?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Trader,

Since the demo account and the real account are separate accounts it will not cause any problems if the magic numbers are the same in both accounts.

Alan,

User AvatarTrader 27
          Participant

Thanks for the info Alan. Cheers.

User AvatarDanny Pyttel
      Participant

Hey Leute,

greift Ihr in die Arbeit des Roboters ein oder lasst ihr dem Roboter uneingeschränkt seine Arbeit machen.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Danny,

Can you please use English so everyone can understand your questions/comments?

Alan,

User AvatarDanny Pyttel
      Participant

Do you intervene in the robot’s work or do you let the robot do its job without restrictions?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Danny,

The reason for using EAs/robots instead of manually trading the markets is to let the EAs do the trading for you.  The EAs created at eatradingacademy are the result of backtesting 1000s of strategies to find the most profitable ones.  As a result, it is not necessary to intervene in the trading of the EAs.  However, some traders do intervene by closing trades early.  Every trader has the right to trade the EAs as they seem fit.  However, by closing the trades early limits the potential profit of the trade.  Over the long, term there is a higher probability for higher profits by not intervening in the operation of the EAs.

Alan,

Participant

Do i need to change something when my broker has for Example “GBPAUD_raw” instead of just GBPAUD , im using FTMO Robot v6.0

User AvatarTrader 27
      Participant

Hi there, I want to backtest EURAUD M15 on mt4, do I need to download any higher time frame data other than M15 history data?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Trader,

To backtest FTMO V6.0 EURAUD on MT4 just select the M15 timeframe.

Alan,

User AvatarHiu Kin Yeung
      Participant

Should i get a swing account or a regular account?

Moreover, would i be wise that if i can set my trading size just 0.1% of my account after passing ?

I don’t really want to lose an account, i’ve blown three accounts already by manual trading, i’ve seen people had blown FTMO account with the FTMO bot.

I don’t have much capital left.

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant
      User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi hiukiny,

I would recommend using the swing account when using EAs.

Using low risk accounts are a good way to go. It will take longer to pass a Challenge but reduces the potential for losing your account. Same with funded accounts!

Alan,

User AvatarKevwefreeborn
      Participant

Let’s say I bought the six months ftmo update plan, would I still be able to access the ftmo app to see the and download the top performing EA’s?

User AvatarSSIMI14
      Participant

It’s been 7 hours since I paid the ftmo robot I’m waiting I just received an email with a payment error while they debited the money from my account. I don’t understand anything, I need help

User AvatarSSIMI14
      Participant

It’s been 7 hours since I paid the ftmo robot I’m waiting I just received an email with a payment error while they debited the money from my account. I don’t understand anything, I need help please?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi SSIMI,

Clear you computer cashe and log back into your account and see if you see the FTMO robot app.   If not then comtact support@eatradingacademy.com.

Alan,

User AvatarSSIMI14
        Participant

I did that but the order is still paused I contacted suppot with no response yet.

User AvatarNake Devins
      Participant

Hi, robots are updated each month, so should we delete to the previous months robot when updating?

Thanks 👍

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nake,

The choice is yours when it comes to deleting all old robots and installing new.

One strategy would be to remove all old robots and install the new ones. Another strategy would be to keep the top performing robot and just install the top 2 new robots. And, another would be to keep the top 2 robots and install just the top 1 new robot. A final strategy would be to replace all robots with new ones.

So which strategy is best? You could open 4 demo accounts and test each strategy to determine strategy that works best for you.

As a new trader you might just remove all the old robots and replace with the new ones.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

do you hold trades over the weekend?

Keymaster

Hello SSIMI14, your card has been pre-authorized and there was a delay in processing your order because our payment processor still didn’t transfer the amount to our account. I see that all was settled now and you have access.

Marin @ Tech Support team

Keymaster

Hello Kevwefreeborn, after the updates period included in you plan expires, you will still be able to access the FTMO Robot App and see the past performance, but you won’t be able to download the EAs after you updates expiry date.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

This is an individual trader decision. Here is what I normally do. If my EA has an open profitable trade I will normally keep it open over the weekend. This allows my EA to continue to profit from the current favorable market conditions. However, if my open trade is close to hitting the TP I will normally go ahead and close the trade. However, if my current EA is in a losing position I will normally close the trade on Friday. This will allow my EA to start a new position the following week.

Alan,

User AvatarKevwefreeborn
      Participant

I’ve sent an email requesting for a refund because I so far do not like the performance of the EAs, it’s been days now, but still no response from support.

How can I even test the profitability of the EAs when they don’t pick up trades? I need my refund please.

User AvatarRichard Lawrie
      Participant

Give the EA some time to work.

Try backtesting them in the meantime.

I have done backtests on majority of the files from the FTMO robot app and I picked up that most of them take between 10 – 13 trades a month. You can’t expect the EA’s to be trading all the time.

The most important thing is that the EA’s take high probability trades only. Be patient & don’t rush the system.

Luckily all the Prop firms don’t have maximum trading days anymore so you can be patient and let the EA’s do the work.

Participant

Good day EA Trading academy team

Quick question with regards to backtesting

When I back test I usually look at the Results column as well.
      I am focusing on Profit, Drawdown, Profit factor and recovery factor.

I also look at the actual results column though.

Is there a specific number we should be aiming for in the results column or is looking at the above mentioned enough to do an accurate backtest?

Regards

User AvatarKevwefreeborn
      Participant

Well, I’ll give it more time to see.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Richard,

I look for a Profit Factor of at least 1.2 because it tells me the strategy is profitable.
      I look for a Drawdown of less than 10% because the deeper the drawdown the longer it takes to recover the loss.
      I look at the count of trades as this tells me how active is the strategy.
      I look at Profit as I can take it and divide it by the number trades so I can forecast expected profits in the future

So I am looking for an active strategy, the profitability of the strategy, quickly recovery from a drawdown, and expectation of future profits.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Kevwefreeb,

Here is the thing about trading: As traders we look at past performance to determine if the instrument we want to trade is in an uptrend. We then expect the trend to continue so we place a trade. However, no one knows with 100% confidence if the trend will continue in the future. Have you ever looked at the stock market? Normally it will go higher but there are times when it goes down. However, over the long term the stock market continues to mover higher and higher.

The same thing applies to Expert Advisors or EAs/robots. Expert Advisors are created based upon the past performance of currency pairs. The majority of times these EAs will be profitable. However, there are times when EAs will go through a drawdown. How do we handle this? The way we handle this is with consistency. A successful trader will keep trading knowing that as long as he/she is consistent they will be profitable over the long term. You can never be a successful trader if you do not continue trading over the long term. So continue to trade on a demo account until you feel you have become a successful trader and then move on to a live account.

Hope this brings new encouragement to you!

Alan,

User AvatarHope N
      Participant

Hi all,

I am using the FTMO robot on a trial account (yes I am aware there is no longer a need) but I was familiarising myself with the mechanics before entering a challenge. I have an issue where trades are automatically closing early, not hitting either SL or TP. Has anyone else had this issue? I have added all of the standard FTMO bots and made no changes. I have used the correct risk and account size bots. If I am doing something wrong I would really appreciate any help 🙂

Many thanks!

N

Participant

I haven’t had this issue.

But I’d like to see the response from the EA Trading academy team to see the potential issue.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Hope and Richard,

The FTMO V6.0 robots have a built in indicator that is used for closing positions.  When this indicator signals a close the robot will be closed.  The TP and SL are used as a secondary method of closing closing trades when the built in indicator does not signal a close.

Alan,

User AvatarKevwefreeborn
      Participant

If the FTMO EA has a built in indicator as suggested, why did it open two trades on the same pair, but closed one prematurely while the other was left open? Couldn’t/shouldn’t it be closing both trades??

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Kevwefreeborn,

With two open trades for the same pair suggest to me there are two instances of MetaTrader trading the same Expert Advisors.  The reason why only one trade is closed in this case is because the Expert Advisor looked for the magic number of the open trade and closed it.  The Expert Advisor thinks it did it job because it only opens one trade at a time and therefore does not look to close a second position with the same magic number.

Alan,

User AvatarHope N
      Participant

Thank you for your replies so far, do we know which indicator is being used to close positions early? I have seen a position open for a particular pair, and then close early, and then reopen again a short while later..

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Hope,

The Average True Range indicator is used to close positions.

Alan,

User AvatarKevwefreeborn
      Participant

It’s happened to me too. It opened two similar positions on the same pair, closed one of the positions and opened a new one in the opposite direction.

User AvatarJESUS GUIZA
      Participant

Hi,

How can I do to make unique trades with the ftmo robots, in order to not have any problem with the prop firm due to using same strategies as other traders?

User AvatarLeonardos Louloudis
      Participant

Hello there,

When to FTMO EA opens trades do I close them manually,or I have to wait until they hit the stop loss or take profit?

Today I had 7 trades open;5 were in profit.I closed the 5 .Then the EA opened another 2 trades also in profit but when I closed them my balance was down and had a loss of 1.19

I am a confused. Can somebody help me?

Thank you and look forward.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Leonardos,

When did you close the trades?  If you closed the trades when the spread is very large the cost of the spread can wipe out profits.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Jesus,

According to Petko all you need to do is to make the magic numbers different. However, there is no problem with the strategies being the same during the Challenge and Verification stages according to FTMO support. Where the problem come is when you are funded. Once funded you need to make the magic numbers different.

Alan,

Participant

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply.

I closed the trades around the end of the NY session. Morning hours New Zealand time.

So you recommend I should leave these EAs running without touching them at all?Or better to close the profitable trades during London session when the spreads are very low?

What do you think?What do you recommend?

I really appreciate your help and look forward to your reply.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Leonardos,

Yes, during the end of the NY session the spreads are very high so this is the reason you didn’t have any profit.  Personally, I do not manually close trades I let the robots decide when it is best to close trades.

Alan,

Participant

Thank you Alan.

From now on I will do the same.

User Avatarfabber tender
      Participant

First day… -2%
      at Moment I’m in drawdown….

😂😂😂

User AvatarJotaele1
      Participant

Good afternoon,

I’ve already purchased the FTMO robot, and I’d like to prove it on a real account but before that, I would like to make sure I don’t breach any rule of the prop firms. So, I’ve seen that many of the prop firms allows the use of EA but, they add that the EA has to be “unique” and not of third parties, so, how can I do to make sure I don’t break that rule using the FTMO EA robot?

Thank you in advance!

Jose Luis

User AvatarFelipe Jiménez
      Participant

If I use the FTMO Robot, could FTMO (or another prop firm) deny my account?

FTMO says: “They also need to keep in mind that if they use a third-party EA, there may already be other traders using the same EA and, therefore, the exact same strategy. By using a third-party EA, traders run the risk of being denied an FTMO Account because they exceed the maximum capital allocation rule.”

If yes, what can I do? Any recommendations?

Reference: https://ftmo.com/en/what-to-look-out-for-when-choosing-an-expert-advisor/

User AvatarWillard Reed
      Participant

It’s nice and great to build robots to passing the challenges, but the real money is made with funded accounts.  How can we use the app for robots to use on funded accounts?  All that needs to be done is to disable to the Balance target for a challenge account.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Willard,

Yes just set “Max Equity (currency)” to zero to disable it and double check all other settings are correct for your account size and agrees with the Daily Loss and Max Loss of the funded account.

Alan,

Participant

Willard are you funded already, or are you in the process? If yes, can you talk about your experience with the FTMO Robot?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Jotaele1,

According to Petko all you need to do is to make the magic number different. Also, I have learned from the FTMO. com support the third party rule does not apply when taking a Challenge or Verification. The only time the third rule applies is with funded accounts.

Alan,

User AvatarJotaele1
      Participant

Thank you for your response. I’ve also heard that, and that’s the reason why I ask this, because I’d like to use the ftmo robot once I pass the challenge.

Is there another thing I should change to not get banned from the third rule?

Thank you in advance,

Jose Luis

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Jotaele1,

Petko also says you can also slightly change some of the indicator parameters.

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi Guys

I about to start my FX2 $10000 challenge. My main concern is the draw downs and meeting this challenge.

FX2

$10,000

Profit Target
      $1,000
      Daily Loss Max
      4%
      Trailing Drawdown*
      6%

Q) Will the $10,000 FTMO app set file meet this challenge?

Q) What is a Trailing drawdown?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

With FX2 you will need to make some adjustments to the Expert Advisors parameters.

A trailing stop is a stop the moves higher as the profit moves higher and always stays 6% behind whatever the profit currently is.

Alan,

User AvatarFontana
      Participant

How can i change please the magic number and ticket number on the bot please ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

If you are using MT4 then you can change the magic number.  MT5 does not use a magic number.   To change the magic number right click on the smiley face, go to expert advisor, and click on properties.  Double click on the magic number and you can then change it.

If you are using MT5 then right click on the blue hat, click on properties and you can change some of the parameters.  I would suggest just changing the take profit and stop loss slightly.

Alan,

User AvatarFontana
      Participant

So basically it’s better to use the bot on MT4 that’s right ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Fediox,

I prefer MT4 when trading EAs!

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi Alan

What kind of adjustment do I need to make to the EA to meet the FX2 requirements?

If you have a sample image of the set file adjustment that would be fantastic.

Thank  You Alan for your valuable advice.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

Make these changes:

Maximum daily loss (currency) 380
        Minimum equity (currency) 9420
        Maximum equity (currency) 11010

Alan,

User AvatarSergio Sanchez
      Participant

Hello all,

I bought the FTMO robots, and the app i think is very good, but i have a little issue, i started a challengue in FundedNext, in this prop firm the challengues amount changes, so i have a challengue of 15k, how i can configure the robots to this amount? Is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Regards!

User AvatarKindWhale
      Participant

Hello, Is there a specific program I need to install in order for the icons for the MT4 advisors to change after unzipping them? they do not seem to be active as explained in the you tube video by Petko on the procedure for installing.

Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi KindWhale,

Before installing the Expert Advisors on the MT4 charts the Auto Trade button in the toolbar needs to be pressed. After pressing the Auto Trade button then install the Expert Advisors.

Alan,

Participant

im down now 2.5 % what would have been 5% if i traded with 1% risk per trade and the account would have been gone. I trade with the best performing sets for the prior week and even use smaller risk. Do i do something wrong i dont just get now or what is the problem ? someone with the same experience as me ? can i adapt something to make it better performing ? pls help if u know some tips

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Emre,

I am trading the top 3 from the weekly charts on the FTMO app with a risk of 1%. For this week, so far, I am done 1% in my FTMO Challenge.

Alan,

Participant

i did exactly the same just with 0.5 % how is that possible

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Emre,

I am just looking at the losing trades for this week and not the total trades for my Challenge.  Is this what you are doing?

Also are you using an FTMO Challenge or another prop firm?

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Emre,

Let me clarify further:  I am just looking at the closed losing trades for this week and not the total trades for my Challenge.

Alan,

Participant

the 2.5 % loss are all trades combined from the last 2 and a half weeks only 1 trade is currently open on XAUUSD (-16$ currently). i changed the bots or sets weekly. The bots are on Bullsroadfunding bc they allow every strategy. I would expect some differenz from ur accout to mine bc i close all trades on friday if there are any open but im only loosing

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Emre,

I too have been losing for the last two and a half weeks for a total loss of 2.5%.  Fortunately, on my FTMO Challenge where I use Expert Advisors I created with EA Studio it is profitable.  It’s good to diversify!

Alan,

User AvatarOliver
      Participant

Hello,

when placing the EA, I can check “Allow Algo Trading” (sure) and “Allow modification of Signals settings” – do you have to allow this as well? What does it actually mean exactly?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Keymaster

Hello Oliver,

Allow Algo Trading: This setting enables or disables the ability of the Expert Advisor to trade automatically. When you check this option, you’re allowing the EA to execute trades on its behalf according to its programmed strategy. It’s essential for the EA to function as intended.
        Allow Modification of Signal Settings: This option is a bit more nuanced. It allows the EA to modify the trade levels (entry, stop loss, and take profit levels) of orders it sends based on signals it generates or receives. This capability can be crucial for strategies that adjust trade parameters in response to changing market conditions. Enabling “Allow Modification of Signal Settings” means you’re giving the EA flexibility to adjust its trading signals based on its algorithm’s interpretation of the market. This can include adjusting stop loss or take profit levels after the trade is placed or modifying the entry point of a trade before it’s executed, depending on the EA’s design and strategy.

Please watch the FTMO Robot App guide where the settings you need to enable when placing the EAs are explained.

Kind regards,

Marin @ Customer Support

User AvatarMorten Winsnes
      Participant

Hi. I have just bought the FTMO robot. I have two challenges going, one with GFN and one with Top One Trader. I manage to start the FTMO robot on the GFN 100k account. But the Top One Trader 100k account it is not starting. The EA will not load on the chart and I get the error message EA turned off and the blue hat dissappear. The 100k account have been upgraded to 125k since it was a promotion campaign. I have tried to modify the max drawdawn, max and min equity settings but no luck. Still not loading on the chart. Any idea of what I shall do here? Here is a screenshot of how it looks.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Morten,

The following video is a guide to help traders setup the FTMO app robots and how to modify the parameters. It should help you get your robots up and running.

FTMO ROBOT GUIDE 2024!

Alan,

Participant

Hi Alan.

I have watched and followed the steps in this video. I manage to load it on my GFN account, but on my TopOneTrader account it is not starting. I am able to start other EAs on this TopOneTrader account, but not FTMO EA. It is allowed to use the EA on more than one challenge right? The video dont explain to me any scenarios why the EA is not starting. My account is a 100k account but I got 125k as a promotion from TopOneTrader. Does it have anything to do with not beeing 100k or 200k as a standard amount, but 125k?

Any ideo of why this is happening?

Morten

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Morten,

The problem is you have downloaded the 100K FTMO robots but are not using them on a 100K challenge. Instead you are using them on a 125K challenge. So you get them working you need to change the Maximum Daily loss, the Minimum equity, and the Maximum equity parameters in the robot properties box to agree with your accounts requirements.

Alan,

Participant

Hi again, I have tried to do that too but I dont know what minimum equity and maximum equity parameters actually means. The roules I have on Top One Trader is: 125k account, 8% profit target, 5% daily drawdown and 10% max drawdown. How shall I do the settings then?

Morten

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Morten,

Give me about 30 – 60 minutes and I will figure it out for you.

Alan,

Participant

Great thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Morten,

Here are the numbers:

Max Daily Loss 6125
        Minimum Equity 112625
        Maximum Equity 137563

Alan,

Participant

I might understand now,

User AvatarEvan Krause
      Participant

The Robot opened its first trade a month ago today. As of this writing, I am currently down about $865 on a $25,000 swing account. All set files are on medium risk (I made no changes to any settings). For the first week or maybe two, I was running all 8 pairs. Since then I have dialed it back to the weekly top 3 only, reassessing every Saturday. The Robot has placed a total of 29 trades. Only 2 have hit take profit, and 10 have hit the stop loss.

Any recommendations to make this thing perform a little better? Lower risk? Less pairs?

Seeing some challenges passed in a matter of days make me think I’ve missed something.

TIA for any help!

Participant

Hi,

Currently, I am up +1% in my testing account ($10,000).

However, after reviewing Petko’s audited account titled “FTMO Robot – Top 1 Scale 25k Challenge FPF,” I have a question: Does Petko close positions manually, or does the EA leave them until TP or SL? (https://www.myfxbook.com/members/PetkoA/ftmo-robot-top-1-scale/10494226)

Upon checking the positions, only 1 out of 25 hit TP, and 4 hit SL out of 25. The others were closed, apparently manually, because they neither hit TP nor SL.

When or where should I close the positions (e.g., on Friday afternoon)? Or does the EA close them without hitting TP?

Thank you, Petko, if you can clarify this!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Felipe,

The FTMO robots have a built in indicator that usually tells the robots when to close their trades. The SL and TP are secondary.

Alan,

Participant

I have trades that have been running all week. Is this ok, some went from positive to negative?
      Petko’s account shows an average trade length of 6 hours and 56 minutes.

FTMO robot - Top 1 Scale 25k Challenge FPF

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Felipe,

The length of a trade can depend upon many things such as the number of indicators, the time frame, scaling, the market conditions, and the prop firm used, is the positions closed manually, etc. I know Petko will often scale up his lot size as the robot becomes profitable, this shortens the time frame. I am not aware of how Petko has traded the robots in his myfxbook account. For further insight into how he manages the robot time frame in myfxbook I would suggest asking the question to support@eatradingacademy.com. I am in Texas and contracted to moderate the forum and help traders with their problems so I don’t have day to day contact with Petko or how he trades. All I know about how he trades is from his videos.

Alan,

User AvatarNicholas Mayled
      Participant

I know the EAs are tuned to the FTMO prop data, but are they also successful on other prop firm challenges?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nicholas,

Petko says the FTMO Expert Advisors can be used on other prop firms and he has passed challenges with other prop firms. Personally, I only have experience using the Expert Advisors with FTMO and Infinity Forex Funds. Also, there are several traders complaining the Expert Advisors are not placing trades on other prop firms. My suggestion is to stick with FTMO Challenges until you get funded or use Infinity Forex Funds. This way you will not have any problems with the Expert Advisors trading.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Infinity Forex Fund accounts are right now 50% off. I currently have an Algo Evaluation account which very closely places the same trades as my FTMO Challenge as I have the same Expert Advisors on both accounts. I will pick up another 100K Algo Evaluation account!

https://infinityforexfunds.com/

Alan,

can i use ftmo robot in euro currency account

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joyal,

Yes you can use the FTMO robot with euro currency account.

Alan,

User AvatarRobby Mesenberg
      Participant

Wouldnt recommend that. They wont Pay out. Please read the trustpilot Reviews. Hundreds if Not thousands with the Same Problem…

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Robby,

I reviewed page 1 of the Trustpilot reviews for Infinity Forex Funds which are the most recent reviews over the last 5 day. Out of the 20 reviews there were 12 traders that received payouts and 0 traders complaining they did not receive payouts. Although they may have had problems in the past with payouts it now looks like they are paying out on a regular basis.

Alan,

User AvatarCallum Dice
      Participant

Hi Moderator,

Please can I start the 30day refund I am entitled to for my account, could you please reply with how long this refund will take to hit my bank and when it will be started.

Nothing against the bot I am going to create my own EA.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Callum,

For refunds please contact support@eatradingacademy.com

I am in Texas and not connected to the support team.

Alan,

User AvatarCallum Dice
      Participant

I have not received a response yet writing to the support team, could you please advise.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Callum,

I have sent your request for a refund!

Do you plan on using EA Studio, the best software for creating EAs in the industry, for creating your EAs?

Alan,

Keymaster

Hello Callum, for transparency, we already replied to your refund request.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

Yet again the robot is consistently losing oever and over again no winning streak the winrate is 0% now
      -3 percent drawdown and other one -4percent drawdown

User AvatarAARON GRACEY
      Participant

hello new here just purchased ftmo robot. i am looking for something stable that trades with low realitive DD on a prop firm acc of 500k & 1 mil acc size. just getting started i downloaded the low gold and aud robots for the 200k challenge. what if any are your suggestions and/or recommendation? i am starting with the process. i like to ask always get valuable feedback which helps out alot just wanted to run that by you to see if im missing something or not doing something correctly. im not as concerned about making big profits as i am not blowing the account. been trading gbp/usd with the weak market im looking at other avenues to rely less on my current bot in times of high DD.  really excite about ea trading academy. thanks. please advise

User AvatarAlan Northam

HI AAron,

Sounds like you are on the right track. Did you download the robot from the FTMO app? Since you are taking the 200K challenge did you download the 200K robots? Also did you chose the correct Max Loss, Max Daily Loss, and Profit Target to match the prop firm specifications so you won’t blow your account?

Alan,

User AvatarAARON GRACEY
      Participant

i ll likely do some challenges, i have 500k funded acc ive been doing HFT. im looking for something to place trades and stay in profit on my funded acc. even 1% a month is fine. whats most important to me is realitive DD lower the better. i have a 5% cap and the higher win rate the better. im following the video im backesting the gold on mt4 and having trouble getting good results im thinking i must be doing something wrong. right now im trading gbp/usd even if i can give myself a few weeks till it bounces back id be happy

User AvatarAARON GRACEY
      Participant

im looking at some 200k challenges in the future that dont allow HFT and am thinking ill be able to use these. i have to place trades to stay acctive and may turn my current bot to long only and reduce its trading days till the strength of the gbp returns.ill make it as is not dire circumstances though if i figure out an alternative. i like to have options

User AvatarAARON GRACEY
      Participant

sometimes beginning some thing there is something apparant im not aware of. or a better solution im unaware of. i like to ask  I find it to be most beneficial at times to have input first day on the site

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Aaron,

Risk is associated with the lot size so the smaller the lot size the lower the risk. Sometimes what I do is make the lot size 0.01 this keeps the account active and does not affect the account balance significantly. I then track the results with FXblue. Then when I see one of the robots starting to make profits I increase the lot size until the profits start to drop off. Then I reduce the lot size back to 0.01 and start all over again.

Alan,

User AvatarAARON GRACEY
      Participant

excellent thank you ill use that and give it a go. just starting to back test on my terminal and im not getting the good curve results i likely have a missed input or other about 1/2 to 3/4 there going to watch the video again then try again. if i can figure out a way to get a bot running with low relative DD small consistent profits and low risk ill be made in the shade thanks for your help

User AvatarAARON GRACEY
      Participant

are there set files any longer? for the ftmo robots

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Arron,

There are not any set files. What you do is select the correct options before you download the robots and the proper settings will be installed into the robots properties.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

i want refund

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

For refunds please contact support@eatradingacademy.com .

Alan,

User AvatarSergio Oliveira
      Participant

Hello,

I downloaded the ZIP files containing the 100k historical data of the three most profitable currencies. However, when running the simulations, I encountered some issues.

Firstly, EURAUD was opened with a lot size of 7 and resulted in losses. The other two currencies are being opened with lot sizes of 0.02 and 0.04, even though I configured the entry lots to be 3 and 5, respectively, in the inputs.

Could you please help me understand why the lot sizes are not being respected during opening positions? I appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sergio,

Which robots did you download and magic number. What broker / prop firm are you using. I need this info so I can try and duplicate your problem.

Alan,

User AvatarJV JV
      Participant

Similar results, second your inquiries…

User AvatarJulian Lambe
      Participant

me neither USDCHF showing profit of £2637 for last week mine didnt take anytrades on that currency just losses on other pairs and 3.5% down after 1 month

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Julian,

I have posted in the past how I recommend trading the FTMO robots. The link below refers to FTMO robots v5.1 but the same process applies to the updated robots>

How To Trade the FTMO V5.1 Robots

Alan,

User AvatarJulian Lambe
        Participant

Hi

thanks for the reply I have been trading this way all month just picking the top trading pairs from the app thats why I cant understand why my USDCHF hasnt taken a trade last week but is the most profitable for the last week.

User AvatarFontana
      Participant

I ASKED A REFUND FEW DAYS AGO AND STILL NOTHING DON’T TRY TO SCAM ME GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK !!!

ORDER #231959

I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU FREE WITH MY MONEY

User AvatarEvan Krause
      Participant

They have migrated all accounts to the DXtrade web platform. Does anyone have a tutorial for running EA’s on there? Is it even possible? Would really suck if not considering all the money I’ve put in so far…

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Evan,

You cannot run Expert Advisors on DXtrade.

Alan,

User AvatarBastien Guittonneau
      Participant

I did the same, no answear :/

User AvatarOliver
      Participant

For me it’s the same unfortunately. I have been using the FTMO EA since 2 weeks and so far it’s a constant looser… I am curious if anyone is making here good profits with this EA long-term? I read only about losses and about that refund requests are not beeing answered… So far it doesn’t look good overall.

User AvatarAkhrorkhon
      Participant

My 200 k ftmo accaunt – 2% down and 50 k accaunt is 3 % down 0% win rate. so who is responsible for this ?

User AvatarGilles Ruelens
      Participant

They say you need to take the Top3- Top5 of the week. But I like a more detailled video about it.

In the weekend I take the Top3 of the previous week. I have a few trades during the next week (last time losing it) but what do you have to do at the end of the week? Closing the open trades? Can you do a trialing stop (to protect your losses and lock your profits)

So much Questions

User AvatarGilles Ruelens
      Participant

Also the app is nice. But I also want to see the robots that make losses (not the profitable ones or the breakeaven ones)

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gilles,

You can select the Y1 or Y5 on the FTMO app to view all the robots. Then you can look at the right edge of the charts to see which robots are being profitable and which ones are being losers.

Alan,

Keymaster

Hello Fontana, we’ve already sent you a follow-up message on the same day asking you to fill out our refund form. This helps us gather essential details like your order ID and the email associated with the order, enabling us to locate your order in our system and process your refund more swiftly. Your cooperation in completing the form would greatly assist in expediting your request.

Hey Bastien, please fill our refund form to proceed with the refund request. As I explained, this is a standard procedure to help our system find and automatically process your refund request.

Marin @ Customer Support team

User AvatarAkhrorkhon
      Participant

I have received the e mail from Trading academy that my money refunded. and where can I take my money ? or it will be sent to my visa card ?

Keymaster

Hello,

Yes the money is returned to the payment method you used when making the initial order payment. It takes 5-10 business days from the moment we initiate the refund (this is the moment when you received the automatic email  from our platform) until the money will be available in your card. In most cases it takes less time but this would depend on the payment processor you’re using.

Kind regards,

Marin @ Customer Support

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Have you seen the news that most of the propfirm have already stopped offering broker that allowd MT4/5.  True Forex Funds have migrated my challened to C-TRade platform and Funded Trading plus has announed that they are stopping MT4 and one can only trade in DXTrade.

I see on FTMO website as well now that they have listed DX and looks as they are going to stop providing broker with MT4/5 platform. I am pretty sure thtat even FTMO will son eventually stop offering brokers with Meta Trader, in fact this is all because MetaQuest is locking down their licenses due to US traders.

FTMOI am now on a mission to see if there’s any software which would migrate the MT4 EA to DXTrade, or is there anyway I can copy trade their. Any advice will be helpful.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

FTMO is no longer allowing traders in the United States to use MT4 or MT5 and have migrated current US traders accounts to DXtrade. I had 5 ongoing Challenges. I asked for a refund and received full refund for all five of my challenges.

Also, TradersConnect is working on an app to allow copy trading from MT4 or MT5 to DXtrader and should be available in a few weeks.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Alan thanks a lot for TradersConnect news.

I am a UK citizen, but want to be prepared for DXtrader.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

As far as I know this is only affecting US traders as FTMO said it only affects the US. Are you seeing this issue starting to occur in the UK?

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Hi Alan

Yes, plenty of prop firm, like True Forex funds and Funded Trading plus has forced the UK trader (including US ofcourse) to move to another platform and they (their new broker) have comopletely stopped supporting MT4/5. Some are offering CTrader and others offering DXTrader. The trouble with this, EA from MT4 can’t be used their or can’t be made compatible to use their. However, I heard that it is now possible to do a trade copy from a demo MT4 account to CTrader. Again the demo is not provided by these propfirm, so demo account with any broker and copy those trade to CTrader for prop firm broker.

This will cause slippage and discrepancy, but lets see how far we can go with this. At this moment we dont have a choice but to adopt the new platform. FTMO, they will stop providing MT4/4 broker sooner or later. You watch.

User Avatarfabber tender
      Participant

Hi everyone, I purchased the FTMO experts, I saw the guide and I don’t understand a thing. When I connect my account to Myfxboox I have to put the seven pairs with the EA in order to see the trend, my question is which timeframe should I choose? is indifferent? Otherwise I would have to open many demo accounts for each timeframe.. m1/m5/m15 etc..? how should I adjust?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi fabber,

You should use the timeframe the Expert Advisor was designed for!

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Watch Petko’s video

User AvatarPerry Chan
      Participant

Questions about FTMO robot.

I just purchased FTMO robot from your page and apply FTMO 100K challenge 2 weeks ago, and I saw your “FTMO robot”page has been removed due to the problem of banned account.

May I know:
      1. Can I get the money back for the FTMO robot?
      2.Do you know can I cancelled my FTMO 100K challenge and get the money back? I haven’t open any trade yet.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Perry,

I just checked the FTMO app and found it has not been taken down. If you cannot access the FTMO app make sure you are logged into your account.

Alan,

Participant

This is the problem with this industry!

Why sell a product to traders if you are not even sure whether the product you are selling is sound and works like you say it does?

It’s all marketing and sales to entice a person and take their money!

Then you put someone in charge of the Forum that did not build the robot and does not understand how it works?
      It sounds like a big money making scheme to me. I have read very few positive comments about the FTMO robot and now I even noticed that it is no longer for sale. Each week the EA’s are updated to new pairs. How on earth is a person meant to run an EA based trading system if they need to change the EA’s on a weekly basis. This is not how EA trading works. I left these robots running on my account for weeks and it has honestly been shocking.

I requested a refund and that in itself is a whole other story to get the money back from EA Trading academy.

Alan, sorry you are the one that has to deal with all these comments. This system has obivously not been tested properly before being released to the public.

Participant

How can unsubscribe from notify me of follow-up replies via email?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Felipe,

Go to the forum. Select the topic. At the top right side of the webpage select “Unsubscribe”.

Alan,

Participant

I have already uncheck the Notify me button.

Hey Richard,

I am sorry to read your disappointment! I am not sure what you mean by the product is not for sale; it is still on the website, and we haven’t put it down for a second.

We developed the app because many were asking for stats, and this was the best way for the traders to see the performance for the different periods. Also, we test each robot before releasing its course.

If you request a refund, my team will respond on time. Recently we have received 100s of e-mails, and it takes a while to go over all of them.

Cheers,

User AvatarNiels Koelewijn
      Participant

Hi all,

I was wondering what is the best tactic to pass a FTMO challenge. Should I pick the top 3 of the week, month or year? What do you guys do?

Please let me know!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Niels,

The following links will take you to the topic where I trade the Prop Firm app robots.

link 1
      link 2

These links show how I trade the robots but it is not the only way to trade them. Each trader must determine what works best for them.

Alan,

User Avatarhsin cheng chen
      Participant

I can only run it on my FTMO account. Is there no way I can run it on my demo and time positions accounts at other brokers? 

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi hsin cheng chen,

You can run the Prop Firm Robots on any prop firm or broker. I am currently running the Prop Firm Robots on my Infinity Forex Firm 100K Algo Evaluation account.

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/recommended-forex-pairs/#post-239251

Alan,

User Avatarhsin cheng chen
          Participant

How should I set it up? I have no problem running it on my FTMO account, but the same method cannot run on my other brokers. The result shown in the picture above will appear.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi hsin cheng chen,

The reason why it is not working in the picture above is the “Maximum Equity Protection” has been activated. This protection needs to be changed in the robots properties dialog box when installing the robot. If you are using the robot on a brokerage account you can disable this protection by changing the value in the dialog box to zero.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi hsin cheng chen,

I noticed your demo account balance is $11,000. The following settings would stop your account from trading if it loses 5% in one day, it will also stop your account from trading if it loses a total of 10%, and it will also stop your account from trading if you have a profit of 10%. If you do not want any of these protections then just set them to zero.

Max Daily Loss 539
              Minimum Equity 9911
              Maximum Equity 12105.5

Alan,

User Avatarmkfxtim
      Participant

A couple of quick questions if I may?

I am using the Prop Firm Robot, I have selected the last 1 month of results. Using it on a $25k account, using the Top 3 with medium risk (1%) and high risk news filter – Is there anything else I need to do? Assuming I just add the 3 pairs and turn on the EA and let it run? Do I need to be closing trades or just simply leave it?

Thanks!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi mkfxtim,

Looks like you have everything set up correctly. There is nothing else you need to do except be patient and give the robots time to trade.

Alan,

User Avatarmkfxtim
          Participant

Thanks Alan,

I thought as much, I really like the premise of the robots, its a great idea and can be used for any account. I am confident from the backtests it will provide a nice monthly profit, my personal target is 5% profit a month, if it can do that or more then we are off to the races long term.

User AvatarSkeltor0906
      Participant

Hello, I just bought the 6 monthly forex robot package, but as soon as I enter the app and want to download an EA, it asks me to log in first, I have logged in 4 times now but the same problem every time

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Skeltor0906,

Try clearing your computer cashe. Let me know if that worked!

Alan,

User AvatarSkeltor0906
      Participant

hi, another quick question,  Under prop firm robot inputs many variables are set to value 0, for example “max open positions” or “Max open lots” should I change something because with a maximum of 0 open positions no trade will be opened or does 0 mean no limit?            Another question, can I also place signals via my cell phone MT5 on the same MT5 account where the PC EA runs over it

thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Skeltor0906,

When those three are set to zero it means they are disabled. When they are disabled they will not affect the operation of the robot. The robot will continue to open and close one position at a time. I always leave them set to zero.

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi Alan,

My FTMO stop trading after it hit $6200 on a $6000 challenge.

How do I get the FTMO EA start trading again?

Here are the challenge requirements and settings on my FTMO App.

Account Challenge Size:$6000
      Profit target 10%
      Simulated Max Daily Loss:4%
      Simulated Max Overall Loss:6%
      Trading Level 1:100

Ftmo setting set to:

Entry lot 0.19
      Stop loss:50
      Take Profit:95
      Minimum equity: 5646
      Maximum Equity: 6750

Regards

Joe

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

Here are the setting you need:

Max Daily Loss 234
        Minimum Equity 5646
        Maximum Equity 6363

I cannot give lot size requirements without knowing the currency pair and the account risk.

Alan,

User AvatarSkeltor0906
      Participant

hello, i was watching your youtube videos, and i think your  ea  got banned because its not unique. The rule for ea at ftmo : “

If you intend to use trading robots (Expert Advisors – EAs), keep in mind that if you use an EA from a third party, there might be other traders already using the same EA and therefore exactly the same strategy. By using a third-party EA, you potentially run a risk of being denied the FTMO Account if you exceed the maximum capital allocation rule.”

is the solution just to modify the ea a little bit like few numbers? Or moving SL and TP few pips? Maybe in this case there is no rule-breake right? What do you recommend, because i want reeallz to trade ea on ftmo, but imagine thez cancel my 200k ftmo

User Avatarmkfxtim
      Participant

Is there a suggestion on when funded you could get around the third party rule?

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi Lee,

You posted a question on this forum on the23 oct 2023
      “As I know prop firms have a max allocation? when passed and if i want to use this on the actual live account already using perceptrader on one funded account. But do these ftmo bots randomize the trades at all? i can see from broker to broker they are different but im not sure if it would be on same broker… ALSO MASSIVE THANKS as its performing very well! Just one certificate from last week”

Just wondering if what was the challenge size, which EA was use and the set file used.

I am sure all of us would love to know,

Regards

Joe

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi Alan,

The currency was US$

Thanks for the quick reply

Joseph

User AvatarSkeltor0906
      Participant

hello, i was watching your youtube videos, and i think your  ea  got banned because its not unique. The rule for ea at ftmo : “

If you intend to use trading robots (Expert Advisors – EAs), keep in mind that if you use an EA from a third party, there might be other traders already using the same EA and therefore exactly the same strategy. By using a third-party EA, you potentially run a risk of being denied the FTMO Account if you exceed the maximum capital allocation rule.”

is the solution just to modify the ea a little bit like few numbers? Or moving SL and TP few pips? Maybe in this case there is no rule-breake right? What do you recommend, because i want reeallz to trade ea on ftmo, but imagine thez cancel my 200k ftmO ?

User AvatarSkeltor0906
      Participant

can anybode check my vps or something else i think it doent work, i followed all the steps in the youtube video of petko. i installed all three top ea of prop firm robots app but there was no trade fore me on my MT5 since three days. can somedbodcheck if i does erverything right? thanks appriciate you

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Skeltor0906,

Its not the VPS, its the robots. Each robot only trade approximately once per week. So you just need to give them more time to start placing trades.

Alan,

User AvatarSkeltor0906
          Participant

Thanks okay i will wait. Do you know what i can do to use ea at ftmo, i saw the video of petko where he explains he will not longer use ftmo specifically waka waka on ftmo. But is there a way to change a ea or switch to another ea on ftmo and it will works fine? (200k ftmo)

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Skeltor0906,

I didn’t like the gold investor because when I reviewed the videos by Petko I saw it had a stagnation period of about one year.

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi  Guys,

I am running Ftmo APP on a small challenge, but notice the EA has stopped trading.

ftmoapp stopped trading

It says that the EA is turned off but the EA is on, but trading has stopped since 05/03/2024.

Has the Prop turned off my EA?

Any advice?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

The robot stopped trading because the Minimum Equity Protection at 6200 has been activated by the price on the chart has moved down to this price level. This Minimum Equity Protection keeps your challenge from failing and you losing your account.

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
      Participant

Hi Alan,

How do I change the setting to keep the EA trading to reach my profit target $6,650 without losing the Equity produced?

I need your help to get 3 set file from a youtube video produced by Petko on Percept trader to:

Perceptrader AI verified MyFxBook records:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Misc…

Hope you can help me out as well

Thank you again.

Joseph

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

I am not familiar with Preceptrader AI but I will try to help. The links you provided only give me error message as I do not have access to that account.

What was the beginning account balance?
        What is the daily loss limit?
        What is maximum loss limit?
        What is price target?

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
          Participant

Hi Alan

This is your current data requested.

What was the beginning account balance?$6000
          What is the daily loss limit?$240/4%
          What is maximum loss limit?$5640
          What is price target?$6600

Thank you for your quick response

Joseph

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

Just put those numbers into your robot properties and the robot should start working.

Alan,

User AvatarSkeltor0906
      Participant

The EA still hasn’t set a trade for me, it’s been running since last Thursday. Maybe I installed something wrong. I installed AU 6.0 and Xauusd 6.0/6.1

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Skeltor0906,

I haven’t had much success picking the top 1 to top 3 from the Prop Firm Robots W1 or M1 settings. So I changed the way I select the robots. I set the Prop Firm Robots settings to Y5 and download and install all 14 robots in a Challenge. I then set the lot size to 0.01 for each of the 14 robots. This way when they trade they will not change the account balance significantly. I then let them all trade for 1 week. I then find the one or two robots that have traded during the week. I then set the lot size for these robots back to their normal value they had when downloaded. This way you let the market pick the robots that are performing well in the current market environment instead of you picking them. This will probably work better for you!

Alan,

User AvatarJoseph Yong
        Participant

HI Alan,

This is some images from my trading account. As you can see from the image trading stopped on the 05/03/2024. No new trade has been taken by the FTMO APP.

As you can see Alan no trades have been taken.

Do you have any solution to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Joseph

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joseph,

It looks like you have things setup correctly and as long as the MT4/MT5 has a smiley face or a blue hat in the upper right corner of the chart it should be placing trades. Can you do a backtest with the Strategy Tester to see how often trades are being taken?

Alan,

User AvatarGent Gashi
      Participant

Should I stop the position that the robot entered or does it stop itself (the position has been active for 24 hours)

User AvatarTrader Matt

Hi Gent,

The EA should have placed a TP and SL on for the trade, meaning you could let it ride to conclusion, until either one of those is hit, or close it whenever you like.
      Your trading style and risk profile is up to you.

Does that help?

Warmly
      Matt

User AvatarGent Gashi
      Participant

I saw some comments that EA passed their stages but then FTMO refused their payout, has this happend to you?

User AvatarNikos

Hello Gent,

Yes, this did happen to Petko, and he has also uploaded a video about it. You can watch it here:

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

Viewing 240 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart