January 10, 2023 at 15:32 #139904KrisParticipant
Reading around the forum here and starting to work with EA Studio and get some robots running, I started to think about… what settings, parameters etc. are you guys out there using? I know that many things can vary between brokers etc, but I would love to hear from some of you who are already profitable come , what is your workflow/process?
Do you create new robots everyday on a short timeframe? Use Petko’s pool? or maybe create new robots every month with monte carlo and nomalization and don’t look back?
Thanks in advance for sharing!
January 17, 2023 at 9:59 #140861Alan NorthamModerator
Petko’s professional EA algo course describes in detail how he creates his profitable robots. I use his method all the time. Sometimes I modify it by selecting 10 strategies instead of two and put them in a portfolio. I also use his balanced portfolio method all the time. The other thing I do is to recreate new EA’s/robots once a week instead of once a month. I did some backtesting and it shows that overall profit is greater when EA’s are recreated once a week. Hope this helps! If you want to ask me more questions, I will check in once a day and do my best to answer them.
January 17, 2023 at 10:02 #140988Samuel JacksonModerator
Good stuff Alan, I found that following that method worked well for me also. However I prefer generating less often and allowing EAs some time on a demo account and then moving them from there as is done in most of Petkos other courses. Many things work, mostly it’s about gaining experience through practice in my opinion.
January 17, 2023 at 12:38 #141001KrisParticipant
Thank guys! I appeciate you taking the time to reply.
I did indeed take the Pro course already, so I’m glad to hear that others are using this strategy with success.
@Alan: Great, thanks – a few followup questions…
- When creating your EAs, do you adjust the trading times to the market hours, like in the (Forex Expert Advisor course – London, New York & Tokyo Algorithmic trading) course?
- How far back in time to you base your EA creation?
- And do you run any of the optimization and robustness checks?
- When doing the 6month/1month validation, do you then only use your newly created EAs or all of your previous collections for that pair/time as well?
- In the pro course, Petko mentions that using he’s method, you would not need to do Demo trading as well. Do you see better performance when running on a demo for a while and filtering out EAs first?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.