Home Forums Trading EAs on VPS What is a VPS

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAlan Northam

When you subscribe to a VPS you normally will have the option to have a windows VPS or a Linux VPS unless the VPS provider only provides one type.  What you want to do is to subscribe to a windows VPS.  I do not recommend subscribing to a Linux VPS and the using Wine etc in order to run windows.  It is my understanding that Metatrader does not work well in this environment as some of Metatraders features will not work.  I recommend subscribing to a windows VPS.

So what is a VPS.  When I log into my VPS it looks like a windows computer screen.  However, it does not have the computing power that my computer has as my VPS processor only has one core, 4 GB of RAM, and 50GB SSD.  This is sufficient to run 4 Metatrader terminals.  If I were to want to run more than 4 terminals I would have to subscribe to a higher priced VPS plan which I will most likely have to do in the near future as I am now running 4 terminals.

To get MT4 or MT5 on av VPS you do the same thing as you would do on your own computer.  While logged into you VPS you simply use the browser provided and download Metatrader from your brokers website or from FTMO.  Using a VPS is just like using your own computer.  I guess you could call it my own Remote Private Computer or RPC :o).

Alan,

User AvatarBkennedy74
      Participant

Is there a reason that we are not recommended to use the VPS that is directly linked with MT5 ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bkennedy,

I am not aware of that recommendation.  Where did you find that recommendation so I can check it out?

Alan,

User AvatarBkennedy74
      Participant

Well I only ask because it isn’t brought up in any of the vidoes so far. So I am just wondering if that vps is a good one or not? It is certainly cheaper than the ones you guys have recommended

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

The MetaTrader VPS hosting service also means that you need to pay 1 VPS service per MTx account. I don’t exactly know how much it is (and I’m curious about that) but it could add up significantly of like me you have 5+ MetaTrader accounts running in parallel.

User AvatarBkennedy74
      Participant

ok ill check in to that.

User AvatarHawke
      Participant

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your VPS outline. I’m new to this forum and the concept of using ea’s on a VPS.

Do you have any experience with cheapvps.co which must be must be located in Europe as they charge in €?

Thanks,

Gavin

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Hawke,

Sorry, I have not used that vps

Alan,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart