Home Forums 21 Day Program Risk diversification – better performing pair

Global Prime
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarMaarten Vollebregt
      Participant

Hello,

I understand the concept of risk diversification. So I chose some connected pairs to trade with like in some of the courses from Petko:

EUROUSD

USDJPY

EUJPY

And I use the 15 minutes time frame for generating the strategies. I’m planning to work with 15 EA’s (5 of each pair). But what I noticed is that USDJPY gives me much more better resulting strategies. I think for the last 2 weeks 80% comes from the USDJPY currency pair. SO if I select the weekly top performing strategies in my Metatrader demo and copy them over to my live/other demo account I have 15*0,8=12 strategies of the USDJPY pair active and 15-12=3 slots available for the other two pairs.

Now I’m asking myself, how to deal with this situation. This is no risk diversification and if next week somethings happen with the JPY I’m maybe f*cked… 🙁

Do I need to find another pair or take less strategies of USDJPY and forcely take the ‘lower fruit’ strategies from the other pairs to come to an even distribution…

Hope that’s clear 🙂

Cheers,

Maarten

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Maarten,

I keep track of a similar thing with my Infinity Forex Fund challenge account (see Excel screenshot below).  Look at 03/23/24 line for example.  Here I am trading AUDUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURJPY, and EURGBP for the next week.  At the end of the week the only top performing pair looking at 03/30/24 were USDCHF and EURJPY or two pairs out of the five pairs.  This tells me only 40% of the pairs traded were top performers for the week.  If you now understand how to read the chart you can see how each week performed.  In the right most column I show the results for each week.  For example, line 03/10/24 shows that 60% of the currency pairs I traded during the next week were top performers for the week.  You can also see each week different pair were top performers each week.  This table also shows the currency pairs that are top performers each week changes.  The right most column of the table shows this weekly change in percent.  Bottom line, based upon the strategies of each of my Expert Advisors, I cannot rely upon the same Expert Advisors to be the top performers at the end of each week.

So you might see similar results with your Expert Advisors.  Don’t expect USDJPY to be the best pair to trade each week.  When I strip out all the currency pairs except EURUSD, USDJPY, and EURtJPY from my table and read the results I get USDJPY as being the top performing pair the next week to only happen 33% of the time.  However, this is based upon the strategies of my EA’s.  For a more accurate analysis using the strategies of each of your EAs you would need to develop your own similar table.

Alan,

User AvatarMaarten Vollebregt
      Participant

Hello Alan,

Ok, that looks like a nice way of getting better insides. So it’s better for me also to trade more then 3 pairs in my demo account to get a better idea which one are the best performing. It feels like the same approach when selecting the best strategies after a month/week. Tracking which pairs performed good the last week and selecting the best strategies for that pair for the new weeek to come. So you select the best strategies and best pairs..something like that 🙂

Cheers,

Maarten

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart