Home Forums EA Studio Reactor H1 timeframe has much higher Montecarlo test Passed. So, why M15?

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      User AvatarAngelo
      Participant

Dear Petko and community,

just wondering why avoiding H1 timeframes which seems allowing more strategies in % passing the MonteCarlo test with the 2 options recommended by Petko.

M15 of course trades more frequently but in my experience it requires much more time to find Montecarlo passed strategies.

Instead, H1 strategies gives me a much higher Montecarlo success rate in %.

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedbacks

User AvatarAlan Northam
      Participant

Hi Angelo,

I do not know of the 2 options your are referring too as you have not linked them here so I can review them. What I have seen Petko do in some of his videos is he will compare all the Backtest Output results for both M15 and H1 and chose the one with the best overall Backtest Output results. This could have been what he did in the 2 options you are referring too.

If you can link the 2 options to this reply maybe I can give a better answer.

Alan,

User AvatarAngelo
        Participant

Hey Alan,

thanks a lot for your feedback. I’m talking about the 2 MonteC variations:

1) Randomize indicator parameters

2) Randomize backtest starting bar.

I wanted to say: much more strategies are MonteCarlo passed in backtest compared to Ma5. I’m not saying that all these strategies have much better results in live trading.

Thanks!

User AvatarAlan Northam
          Participant

Hi Angelo,

As far as I understand your question I think my answer remains the same.

Alan,

User AvatarAngelo
            Participant

Hello Alan,

ok, do  you mean the 2 EA portfolios (M15 and H1) with “2 options” ?

I understood the 2 MC (MonteCarlo) options selected.

Please let me know, in the meantine my discussion is: what are the benefits of focusing on M15 (of course it works for Petko and you and many others here) if “it seems” that finding MC approved strategy in m15 requires more time to find them in H1.

In the same time, the reactor seems to find much more MC approved strategies in H1 then in M15. It’s just my point of view.

Have you noticed the same thing? And overall, what is the benefit to focus on M15 if H1 coould provide much more strategies to filter?

I like your feedback and it’s important, I’m not saying I’have the absolute truth 😀 ahahaah

I just want to know your experiences about this.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart