Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio getting completely different results then advertised

Global Prime
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAA8
      Participant

im having problems trying to recreate the advertised results. im testing the Top 10 Forex EAs on mt5 ICmarkets broker. ive tried every tick and every tick modeling but still get bad results. how can i fix?

https://eatradingacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/183775/alnv5108izquo64p4hvdf8uq3v3bjowr.PNG

User AvatarAlan Northam

In the Top 10 EA course, Petko uses the last one year of historical data to generate the EAs. When testing the EAs you need to limit the historical data used to the last one year. When I look at your balance line over the approximate last one year I see the EA is generating a nice balance line.

User AvatarAA8
      Participant

ahh yes i see what happened. i also have the ftmo ea and i have big drawdown compared to the advertised results

User AvatarAlan Northam

The problem with passing the FTMO challenge in the past was balancing the account to have a large enough lot size to pass the challenge within 30 days and keeping the lot size small enough so as not to violate the Max Drawdown.  Fortunately, lately, the time period has been eliminated from the challenge and the verification phase.  So now you can reduce the lot size to help from violating the Max drawdown while taking longer to pass the challenge/verification phases.  However, the problem I see with reducing the lot size is what lot size to use.  So what we need is a safety net!  And, here it is:

You can set the Min, equity protection to a certain percentage you will allow for the Max Drawdown.  Here I have chosen 3% of a $10,000 FTMO account.  What this means is that if the account drops by 3% from its initial account balance the open trade will be closed and the EA will be deleted.  You will then need to reinstall the EA to make it active again.  So how do you know when to reinstall it and keep it from further drawing down your account?  You have a few options.  You could run the EA on the FTMO demo account and monitor it.  When the demo account starts profiting you might restart the EA on the live account.  Another option would be to restart the EA on the live account but make the lot size small.  Once the account starts to make profit again then you can increase the lot size back to its normal value.  And, another option would be to test the EAs on the MetaTrader Strategy Tester to see when the EA starts profiting again and then activate it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart