Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots FTMO Robot – Not placing trades

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 166 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarMarisa Morabito
      Participant

Hi, I have installed the robot, and have used them in the past with other companies so I am not a newbie by all means. But I am having a difficult time with this getting it to place a trade. The smily face is on, I made sure to select auto-trading prior to adding the chart, and the time-frames are accurate. Any other suggestions on why it isn’t working?  I have it set on the M1 so I would have thought many trades should have been placed as it has been running non-stop since this morning and it is now evening here. Looking forward to getting this to start trading, thanks! 🙂

User AvatarAlan Northam

I back-test the FTMO Robot on an FTMO Demo account. My results from Aug 1, 2023 through Aug 15, 2023 shows the robot took approximately one trade per day.   My back-test from Aug 16, 2023 through Aug 29, 2023 shows the robot approximately one trade every other day. Here is a link to my back-testing:

FTMO DEMO

User AvatarJohn Morey
      Participant

I have the same issue as Marisa. loaded properly with smiley face for 4 days now and still no trades have been opened. is this normal?

User AvatarAlan Northam

What size is your account and lot size?

User AvatarJanek
        Participant

Could you go to Experts tab and see if you are getting any errors?

User AvatarMarisa Morabito
      Participant

25k no errors in experts tab on my end. This has been running now non stop and still not 1 trade placed?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Can you show a screenshot of your settings?  You should be seeing at least on average one trade every other day!

User Avatarsmartkary
      Participant

Error on FTMO robot Error code = 4200

User AvatarAlan Northam

Add M30 to your chart and see if the error goes away.

User Avatarsmartkary
      Participant

I have placed all 07 FTMO bots … except EURUSD, all other bots are placing trades.
      But not a single EURUSD trade in last 03 trading days. Not sure if the Error code 4200 is blocking anything in EURUSD bot

User AvatarJustin Wood
      Participant

My ftmo bot is not placing trades either and have no error codes I’ve done everything in the guide all pairs are within the spread limit I’ve even put it m30 with home key and back to m1 again and the market spiked not long ago surly it should have placed a trade

User AvatarAlan Northam

Make sure you have installed the EA properly and that the icon in the upper right corner of the trading window shows a smiley face for MT4 or a colored icon for MT5.  If so then it should be ready to make trades.  I monitor the FTMO EURUSD robot and the last time it placed a trade was on 09/14/2023 at 15;30.  What size account do you have and what are your lot size settings.

Here are recommended lot sizes for each account size:

200K Account: Amount for new position = 6.0 / Maximum position amount = 6.0
      100K Account: Amount for new position = 3.0 / Maximum position amount = 3.0
      50K Account: Amount for new position = 1.5 / Maximum position amount = 1.5
      25K Account: Amount for new position = 0.75 / Maximum position amount = 0.75
      10K Account: Amount for new position = 0.30 / Maximum position amount = 0.30

User AvatarGaurav Kataria
        Participant

Hello Dear Alan,

i see you got the new XAU Usd robot v6.1 just overall two things I want to know if I have to chose past week best robots I have that option in FtMO robot apps but does that even mean these robots open trade weekly only don’t they place trade daily?

how can we allow our real dear robots to place trade Daily? Can they place trades uniquely like one two pips entry points exits  unique for every client?

User AvatarThe Investor
      Participant

Hi guys,

I can’t seem to do backtests with the robots.

– I believe to have loaded enough data on my charts (using the home key)
      – All settings should allow me to do a backtest

I’ll include screenshots, can anyone spot a mistake in my setup?

Thanks in advance

User AvatarAlan Northam

Does M1 historical data go back to Oct 1, 2023?

Also start with smaller lot size such as 0.3, and 0.3.

Also I must advise that MetaTrader does not do a good job with backtesting!  The creator of FSBpro recognized this years ago and decided to develop a much better backtester.  FSBpro and EA Studio are the best backtesters available!

User Avatarnadir0911
      Participant

Hello,

The problem I am facing is that the robot does not seem to be functioning as expected. Despite setting it up according to the provided instructions, it has not executed any trades or shown any signs of activity.

User AvatarAlan Northam

While the EA is loaded on the M1 time frame it also does some filtering in the M30 space. Because of the filtering done in the M30 space trades are not taken often. Sometimes it may take more than 24 to 48 hours before the first trade is taken. This then allows for higher quality of trades.

User AvatarRuben Alday
      Participant

The same as some above traders, the FTMO ea does not take any trades; I set it up according to videos. Please advise. Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Ruben,

I see you just installed the FTMO EA on Oct 11.  The FTMO EAs don’t necessarily place trades everyday because of the M30 filter.  Give it another day or two and you should see a trade being placed.

Alan,

User AvatarGary Wenger
      Participant

What is the minimum number of bars that are needed for the M30 filter to work properly? My demo account only provides 30 days of history on the M30 chart. I tried holding down the home button and it did not make any difference. Is there something else I can do to add more data for the M30 timeframe?

Gary

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gary,

Go to Tools>options>Charts

Then go to ‘Max bars in history’ and fill in the white space with 999999999999999

Then go to ‘Max bars in chart’ and fill in the white space with all 999999999999999

Then go back to chart and hold down HOME key and see if you get more data.

If this does not work then you will need to add premium data to the chart.  Let me know how it goes!

Alan,

User Avatarrodwick solomon
      Participant

can someone tell me why the robot has not made any trades with my settings? i have these disabled notes in the journal section and no codes under expert.

User AvatarAlan Northam

This is most likely an issue with your broker.  Try a much smaller lot size.  Also, does your broker allow auto trading with EAs?

User Avatarrodwick solomon
      Participant

yes broker allows EA’s

User AvatarAlan Northam

Good!  So maybe there was a reason your broker wouldn’t allow trades to be taken at that time.  Maybe wait and see if it will take trades in the future.  I would close your computer and restart it and then see if it will start taking trades.  There is nothing wrong with the EA and it looks like it is installed correctly so the issue has to be with the broker.  Keep me posted!

User AvatarDiego Del Castillo
      Participant

Hi, I purchased the FTMO robot and tried it for 1 week in a demo account with good results. Then I attached it to my live account and it’s been 36 hours and not 1 trade even if the market has provided opportunities. My broker uses a suffix BTW (EURUSDx) I am thinking that could be it…also my journal shows no errors upon loading…. Please help! Using EURUSD only…

User AvatarAlan Northam

The suffix is just the name of the chart and has nothing to do with the chart history data, so that is not the problem. As long as the EA has been properly attached to the chart it will open a trade. I have seen the FTMO EAs not open a trade for two days. So hang in there the EA will most likely open a trade soon.

Alan,

User AvatarDiego Del Castillo
      Participant

Thanks for your answer. I’ll excessive patience. It’s just strange that on the demo account it even opened up to 2 trades a day and now…nothing…

User AvatarAlan Northam

Is the demo account still opening trades?  Does the demo account and the live account use the same broker?

User AvatarLee Wagstaff
      Participant

Are the charts loaded. on mt4 i have to load them twice as the first time it will say loading bars.

User AvatarTrinidad Simmz
      Participant

I’ve been running the 7 FTMO ea’s on an mt4 demo account for 6 days now, my aim was to track the results on FX Blue as I do for all my EA’s.

However none of them have entered a trade, and this is weird to me. I was thinking maybe the EA’s are just stagnant for long periods at times. However, after seeing some other reviews/results from people on YouTube/ blogs, it seems the EA’s are normally fairly active, (including this last week based on what I could gather)

I think between the 7 currency pairs- there is surely enough volatility for at least one trade on any pair to trigger. So Im wondering if there is something I have done incorrectly.

To ensure I remove any potential issues I did the following;

All data bars from M1 & M30 was loaded first,
      Ive used 3 separate MT4 terminals,
      Tried 2 different demo accounts,
      Tried 3 different Brokers (Eightcap, Foreign Clearing House, Oanda)
      Tried both M1 and M30 windows open

Auto Trading is ON, (both in the options and on the main interface window)

MT4 terminal is functional as I have other EA’s that enter trades,

The MT4’s smiley face confirmation is active on all the FTMO Robot pair windows

No errors in the Expert section of MT4

Acc sizes: 10,000k & 100,000k

The dates tested since purchase so far was the 18th, 19th, 20th, 23rd, 24th and today the 25th of Oct.

Can anyone using the FTMO robot confirm they had entries during these dates??

I would appreciate some guidance, as maybe I have done something wrong.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Based on MT4 Strategy Tester backtest of EURUSD on live FTMO account from the 18th until today there were 16 trades. I am not using Petkos FTMO EAs on the live FTMO account. I am using my own EAs. So all I can say is that backtesting with Strategy Tester shows there were 16 trades.

Participant

Thanks. although mt4 strategy tester is very inconsistent, and I dont trust it much, 16 trades sounds like what I would expect on a major pair like EurUsd with the strategy the FTMO bot uses.

User AvatarLee Wagstaff
      Participant

Yes im using on ftmo and i can assure you trades are taken daily

When on the chart does it say loading bars?

Participant

No loading bars, everything seems normal.  I make sure to always load the bars of the relevant periods first.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Started on Oct 22, and 20 trades were taken. My myfxbook link if you want to check: https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/ftmo-demo-challenge-200k/10491050

User Avatarhvalentino
        Participant

Why we cannot see your results? did you blow the account?

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Trades are taken. This is my myfxbook link: https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/ftmo-demo-challenge-200k/10491050

Started on Oct 22, and got 20 trades

Participant

Thanks, I thought as much. So now this leaves me more confused…

User AvatarAlan Northam

FBSpro shows 7 trades opened from the 18th to 25th and 6 trades closed.  Trade reversals are not counted as opened or closed trades.  However, if you count the trades in the profit/loss column the number is 13.

Participant

properties look normal to everyone???

Participant

Hello Petko, I started a thread yesterday regarding the fact my FTMO bots have not triggered any trades in 7 trading days now & seems like others have triggered entries during the same time. Any idea as to why that may be??

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Trinidad,

Can you provide a screenshot of your MT4 including your EA properties?

What broker are you using?

Does your broker allow trading with EAs?

Alan,

Participant

All data bars from M1 & M30 was loaded first,
      Ive used 3 separate MT4 terminals,
      Tried 2 different demo accounts,
      Tried 3 different Brokers (Eightcap, Foreign Clearing House, Oanda)

Auto Trading is ON, (both in the options and on the main interface window)

MT4 terminal is functional as I have other EA’s that enter trades,

The MT4’s smiley face confirmation is active on all the FTMO Robot pair windows

No errors in the Expert section of MT4

Acc sizes: 10,000k & 100,000k

Participant

User AvatarAlan Northam

I don’t see anything that could be stopping the EA from taking trades.  Let me know if you still have not had any trades and I will alert Petko!

Alan,

Participant

Apreciate your responce Alan. I can confirm that the EA’s are still live on MT4 using an Eight-cap demo acc, but still to date ‘zero’ trades have been entered!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Petko has been alerted!

Participant

Thanks for your help, much appreciated..

User AvatarRick Jäger
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I do have the Same Problem.. my trades will be placed on eurusd and audnzd but the other pairs, are Not Working? Could you have Solved the Problem and can help me?</p>

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

Depending on market conditions, sometimes pairs will not trade. That’s normal. As long as you don’t have any error messages and auto-trading is enabled, you should be fine.

For more troubleshooting, you can check in metatrader, experts and journal tabs. Check that experts are successfully loaded, with enough bars, etc

User AvatarRick Jäger
          Participant

The experts are loaded, the smiley is there. And its loaded with 50 bars. Is this ok?

User Avatar0xBitpool
            Participant

Should be fine yes

User Avatarhvalentino
              Participant

Why we cannot see your fxbook anymore? you blow the account?

User Avatar0xBitpool
              Participant

It turned private. Trying to solve this 🙂

What comes to my mind is that you have low leverage, and there was not enough margin to open the trades?

Second, check if your broker has different suffixes for the symbols. Some might not be eligible for EAs.

Let me know.

Participant

Hello Petko, the current broker account is EightCap using 100:1 leverage

and there are no additional symbol suffixes.

All 7 EA’s are being tracked currently, & I also have attempted to track them with Foreign Clearing House & Oanda demo accounts.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Have the EAs finally traded?

User AvatarGhiath Nezari
      Participant

Hello everyone.
      Do anybody know why the button for trading doesn’t show up on my MT5?
      I have put the FTMO robot on but no trades and no way for me to make manual trade’s.

The account and server is correct

There is no trade button next to the news, mailbox, calender etc.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Log into your account. Press Algo Trading button. Install EA on correct chart and time frame.

Alan,

User AvatarBenedikt Schneider
      Participant

the FTMO bots only work on MT4 not on MT5. Set up straight away and with MT5 no trade breaks even and no trend reversal is detected. With MT4 everything without problems. Can this be fixed please as my challenge only runs on MT5

User Avatarderin üçal
      Participant

Hello i set up new version of ftmo v5 but its ben more than 10 hours but i dont see any open trades.I also did after hitting auto mode.Thanks you

User Avatarmartin garstang
      Participant

Mines the same I’m using an ftmo demo account that opened trades using previous versions of the robots.

Also used the set files for the inputs.

User AvatarAlan Northam

As long as you see a smiley face everything is working. I trade the M15 time frame almost all the time with my own robots and sometimes I have to wait a day before I get a trade. So hang in there, the trades are coming!

Alan,

User AvatarNicholas Grobler
        Participant

Hey Alan

Running on MT5 and just got everything setup and running. I do not see a Smiley Face though, I do see a little blue graduation hat. Is that what we need to see?

User AvatarPrimalSci
          Participant

Same as me, MT5 I think.
          Nothing as yet for me either. No issues in the journal though.
          I have amended the lot sizes just in case it is a micro lot issue. I am testing on Alpha Capital Demo, not FTMO.

I do have blue graduation hat which denotes that it is working correctly.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nicholas,

Yes for MT5 you should see a blue hat!

Alan,

User AvatarAndreas K.
      Participant

Same here, is there an explanation why taking trades taking some days ?

In the previous version which worked in the M1 timeframe it was the same.

But there were plenty of trade opportunities. thanks

Andreas

User AvatarAlan Northam

With V5 Petko added some extra indicators to the EA so now it will take more time for all the indicators to line up and provide a trade signal.  While it may take some extra time for trades to happen the quality of the trades should be greater.

Alan,

User AvatarLuke Sidwell
      Participant

I tested the beta version for free for the last 3 weeks and the settings are similar. Very very good results however it only took 2-3 trades a week. Just need to be patient and the trades will happen

User AvatarPrimalSci
        Participant

Agreed Luke. Slow and steady wins the race.

Participant

could someone get in touch about this? has the error been fixed?

Hello Benedikt,

There is no error with the EAs for MT5. It works smoothly:

Today, we don’t have any trades yet, so that may be why you can’t see the EAs trading. But they will. Could you give it more time?

Cheers,

Participant

Dear PEtko,

this Mt5 robot works ihope  i put it right first trades were done manually yesterday wer elsoers i already 10$ drawdown but it wont take or place a trade my is small account.

Green hat came up now but it wont palce a trade dear… it s small acount in 5%ers

Any one can help Me dear FTMO version 6 robot green hat on mt5 no trade

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav,

The problem is your account size does not match the account size you have chosen for the FTMO V6.0 robots.  To get the robots working you will need to make these changes to your robots:

Make the following changes to all the robots:

Maximum daily loss (currency) = 299
          Minimum equity (currency) = 4550
          Maximum equity (currency) = 5505

Also each of the following robots need to have these changes made to the Entry lots which will limit your account risk to 0.5% or low risk:

AUDCHF Entry lot = 0.04
          EURUSD Entry lot = 0.05
          AUDUSD Entry lot = 0.05
          EURAUD Entry lot = 0.07
          GBPAUD Entry lot = 0.07
          USDCAD Entry lot = 0.07
          USDCHF Entry lot = 0.05
          XAUUSD Entry lot = 0.01 (0.01 Entry lot is the smallest lot size you can use.  Unfortunately the risk to the account is 1% instead of 0.5%.  So it is your choice if you want to trade this robot.)

Alan,

Participant

Dear Alan ,

So many appreciations! Thank you for every details i have incorporated lots and figures still no trade…

I have removed XAUUSD robot, from chart only keeping four pairs to trade.

Just one last clarity , the Maximum daily drawdown% , and maximum equity drawdown %

what should i write in those fields I was considering 3% daily drawdown max, and 2% equity daily drawdown max??

Or please suggest what to write on those fields in my AUDCHF tf30, EURAUD tf15, GBPAUD tf30 , USD CHF tf30

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

May just have to be patient. The new additions to the bot are looking for additional confluences.

It will only enter once they are met.

User AvatarThorsten G.
      Participant

I have both versions (MT4 and MT5) running on separate demo accounts. No trades yet, either in the MT4 version or in the MT5 version.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Thorsten G.

The new FTMO V5 EAs have additional indicators built into them.  As a result it may take more time for all the indicators to line up and provide trades.  While the new EAs have additional indicators built into them when they do provide trades the trades should better results.

Alan,

User AvatarThorsten G.
          Participant

Hi Alan,

yes I understand that.
          I just wanted to share the status of my testing phase. I will continue to monitor everything. Maybe something will happen next week.

Thorsten

User AvatarThorsten G.
            Participant

Ha how funny 🙂
            At this moment the first trade was opened on EURUSD, on both platforms. So it works 😉

Participant

I have a trade EU aswell and its going well.

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Confirmed EURUSD Sell @1.07066

User AvatarPrimalSci
      Participant

Hmmm…
      Nothing for me?

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

Are you on another broker than FTMO? Smiley face or blue hat (for MT5)? Did you change the spread protection setting?

User Avatar0xBitpool
          Participant

Oh! I just saw you’re testing on Alpha Capital Demo. Different brokers, different trades!

User AvatarPrimalSci
            Participant

Yeah! I know now. I have amended the lot sizing.
            I missed the EU trade, but it should be good to go now!! 🙂

Participant

Stick to the old GbP cad thats doing very well

Participant

Who thinks we should start a thread where we can discuss the best robot at that particular time. This will help us all with challenges etc. For example I’m doing a blueguardian 10k challenge and currently 2% up using EURUSD (oldversion).

Participant

@alann-northamgmail-com

What do you think?

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

I propose this template:

– Name of the broker

– Leverage

– Type of account (for example distinction between swing / non-swing account on FTMO)

– Version of the robot tested

– Timeframe (from / to)

– Best pairs (up t0 3)

– Optional explanation of the choice

WDYT?

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

I understand the team would be reluctant to publish their best pairs because it looks like financial advice, but coming from the community, it’s all good, man!

Participant

I like the idea but be good to hear a moderators option tbh.
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>That EU trade BTW has flown my entry lot was 1.44 and the profit is currently at 791.04. Amazing.</p>

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

I must admit that this V5 first entry is sniper-grade

User Avatardusktrader
      Participant

I just got serious and setup a VPS and moved into that for bot v5. I also moved in bot v4.3 just for a running comparison over time. I would like to track it for awhile and then will put it on a real challenge. One thing that I’m still trying to wrap my head around is this: if I want to use the top 3 bots only at any given time – should I divide the recommended lots into thirds? Mainly I need to understand how to ensure the collective 3 bots cannot exceed a daily drawdown such as 3 percent.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Dusktrader,

For the v4.3 EA’s just divide the recommended lot size according to you account size by 3.  For example, for a 10K account the lot size is 0.33 lots.   This will limit your risk if you are trading just one EA to 1%.  So if you are trading 3 EA’s and you want to limit your account risk to 1% then you must divide evenly between the 3 EA’s.  So each EA would then need to use 0.11 lots.

For V5 use the set files to determine the lot size for each of the three EA’s.  Then divide each EA’s lot size by 3.

Alan,

Participant

Hello Petko, I didn’t mean that it doesn’t work on MT5 at all. It just doesn’t work the SL function and the trend reversal. He goes either only in the sl or tp. He never leaves the trade sooner. On mt4, the bot works normally. I also let the bots run live for a week no problems on MT4 on MT5 it doesn’t work. others here have had the exact same experience.

Participant

The bots that are running in your screenshot are also not the same bots that you buy from FTMO bots.

Hello Benedikt,

I am a bit confused about what you are saying… 🙂

If you feel that MT4 is better, than use MT4. I can’t understand what you mean about the SL and the TP.

The strategies are exactly the same for both versions.

User Avatardusktrader
      Participant

Perfect, thanks for clarifying Alan. That is exactly how I thought it would work.

User AvatarAndreas K.
      Participant

I have two questions

regarding keeping trades over night or weekends.

My FTMO robot v5 took some trades today. They are in profit but i see quite high swap costs at FTMO Demo account. Should i closing them at least over the weekend?

Also i saw the TP at EUR/USD too far away.

Can i manually change TP and SL without affecting the Robots work? So i assist the robot a bit.

thanks & have a nice weekend

Andreas

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Andreas,

I always leave my trades overnight and weekends.

The EA’s are created to perform the best over the long term with the SL set a certain distance from the open price as shown in the EA properties box.  However, you can at your own discretion change it.

Alan,

User Avatarvsynohach
      Participant

I already install my robot, but how I can use?

User AvatarAlan Northam

You need to remove the robot from the chart. Then click the Algo Trading button in the tool bar so it turns green. Next reinstall the robot on the M15 chart. Now it should be turned on!

Alan,

User Avatarvsynohach
      Participant

Hi, I’m reinstall, but how I check, because 0 position.

User AvatarAlan Northam

It is now working!  Now just be patient and wait for a new trade.

Alan,

User Avatarvsynohach
      Participant

2 Days without postition, It’s normal?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I also have FTMO v5.0 running in FTMO 10K challenge.  Right now I have no open trades.

Alan,

User Avatarvsynohach
      Participant

Can I close MT5 or my computer should to on?

User AvatarAlan Northam

You must keep your computer running from Monday through Friday.  If you close your computer MT5 will stop working so any open trades will not close if TP or SL is hit.  If you cannot keep your computer running then you would need to have a VPS.

Alan,

User AvatarEmre Karademir
      Participant

i have all 8 bots running on roboforex demo account and it opens trades everyday but on my tft prop firm challenge account it doesnt open any trades i got 3 of them bots running there but the 3 opened trades on roboforex but not on prop challenge sadly someone got the same problem ?

Participant

it even shows on 2 charts the arrow where it supposed to open the trade but it didnt for some reason

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Emre,

This sounds like a problem with the broker or their server. Slippage maybe. Or it could be a problem with the auto trading. I’d suggest making sure your auto trading is enabled, you see the smiley face (or hat in the case of MT5) in the top right hand corner. If all settings are confirmed as correct, run a backtest. You will see trades that should have opened. Then contact the prop firm and enquire with them why the trades didn’t open, when they clearly should have according to the backtest. Also, check the journal for any errors.

Cheers,

Ilan

Participant

ok i will try to write the prop firm but auto trading is on bc other eas took trades on the same account and there was the smily

User AvatarVasile Popadiuc
      Participant

Hello, I have installed the robots following the instructions and they do not algo trade on their own.

I have installed them, then compiled them, then turned on algo trading in MT5 and they won’t start.

Please advise.

User AvatarAlan Northam

As long as the little hat in the upper right corner of the charts are blue then the EAs/robots are running. They may take as long as a day bdfore you start seeing some new trades develop.

alan,

User Avatarne fv
      Participant

Hello team,

I’ve setup the new FTMO bot 5.1, made sure the AlgoTrading is turned on before adding the bot, yet no trade is being taken.

please am I doing wrong. Please I need help.

thank you

User AvatarAlan Northam

If you see a blue hat in the upper right corner of the chart then the robot is working properly and you just need to give it more time to see trades develop.

If you do not see the blue hat you have not installed the robots correctly.  To install correctly remove the robot from the chart,  Turn on Algo Trading, and then install the robot.

Alan,

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

When I change pairs the pairs on the right side of the screen do not change they stay the same.

Day 3 with no trade. I need some help, please..

User AvatarAlan Northam

Right click on the blue hat, select Expert Advisor, select Remove.  Now you can install a new Expert Advisor.

Alan,

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

I did remove it, reinstalled the ea .. and it’s doing the same thing. 2 different pairs in the top corners.

What can I do it get these ea to work? It’s been 4 days and I still can’t get this ea’s to work at all.

User AvatarThorsten G.
        Participant

You have selected XAUUSD (top left) as your chart, but are using the EA of USDCAD (top right). It can’t work like that. You need to take the EA of XAUUSD and drag it onto the chart. Each EA must be used on the associated chart. You can’t mix it.

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

I have done that, as soon as I change pairs the top right stays the same

User AvatarThorsten G.
        Participant

You have to open a new chart for each EA and add the appropriate EA. So for the USDCAD-EA open a chart with USDCAD M15 and load the correct EA. At the end, 8 CCharts should be open with the appropriate EA.

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

I have made 8 EA each one is separate, that is what I don’t understand what is going on with my EA 

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

Got It!  Thanks

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

Its been 1 week and none of the ea’s opened a single trade, I’m sure the ea’s are installed correctly I am testing many ea’s  everyday..

no error on expert tab

What should I do ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Do you see a smiley face or a blue hat in the upper right corner of the chart?  If not then check to see if the AutoTrading or AlgoTrading button is pressed.  If the button is pressed and you don’t see a smiley face or a blue hat then you need to remove the EA and reinstall.  Make sure the button is pressed before reinstalling the EA.

Alan,

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

Yes, I have the blue hat

User AvatarAlan Northam

Ok, so far so good!

Next, I am assuming you are referring to the FTMO v5.1 robots.

Now, did you load the proper setfiles based upon the account size into the EA using the “Load” button while installing the EA?

For example:  With a 25K account the 25K setfile should be loaded.

Alan,

Participant

Dear Alan& Petko,

hello!

My robot i have tried everything  and added your changed lots

I think i have not got set files, the ftmo robot app i onlly download EA directly as zip can you please send me set files

Thanks

G

User AvatarAlan Northam

There are not any set files for FTMO V6.0 robots.  If you download the 10K robots the robot parameters already have the correct settings for a 10K account.

Alan,

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

Yes I did that too,

Only parameters that I’ve changed is “Show indicators” turned to OFF

User AvatarAlan Northam

Then I would have to say the EA’s are properly installed.  I installed v5.1 two days ago on a FREE FTMO demo account and I already have one EA trade closed, with a loss, and 5 of the 8 EA’s have open trades.

Are you testing on Free FTMO demo account or FTMO Challenge?

Alan,

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

So something is really wrong with mine 🤔

I am testing on a free ftmo account

I think I will reinstall them

User AvatarAlan Northam

I would close MT5 and restart as well.  You might even try completely uninstalling MT5 from your pc, re-download MT5 from FTMO, and re-install.

Alan,

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

I’ll do that

thank you for your help

User AvatarJordyTr971
      Participant

After resetting everything I just got my first trade!

I’ll still monitor them closely to be sure every EA’s are traking trade

User AvatarAlan Northam

Congratulations,  I am happy to hear the issue is resolved!

Alan,

User AvatarLara
      Participant

Hi @alan,

I’m encountering the same problem where the FTMO bot isn’t executing trades.

• Smiley face in the top right ✔️
      • Free FTMO demo account ✔️

Is there a specific URL where I can observe the FTMO bot running correctly? This way, I can compare it to mine to ensure it matches the proper FTMO bot. Thanks

User AvatarDENIS PIERFEDERICI
      Participant

Ciao, ho acquistato FTMO robot e ho installato gli EA sulla piattaforma ma non appare la faccina sorridente…dove può essere il problema?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Denis,

If you are using MT4 then you need to make sure the Auto Trade button in the tool bar is pressed before installing the robots.

If you are using MT5 then you need to make sure the Algo Trade button in the tool bar is pressed before installing the robots.

Alan,

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Ciao, ho acquistato il robot FTMO e ho installato gli EA sulla piattaforma ma non appare la faccina sorridente…dove può essere il problema?</span></span></p>

Participant

Io uso MT4 e ho fatto come dici tu, la faccina sorridente appare per circa 10 secondi e poi scompare

Participant

Dear Team EA Trading Academy

hello..

Ftmo robot in 5 k account, doesn’t take any trade in my chart two days…now SadSmiley face please help anyone dear

WhatsApp is still best technology to solve situations . +4368181258605 im real guy dear no scam please

feel free to connect maybe for a pro he can solve this in two minutes…

User Avatarmustafa Aksum
      Participant

My FTMO BOT doesnt trade?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Mustafa,

Can you provide a complete screenshot of the MetaTrader screen along with the robots properties box to start with so I can see what is going on?

Alan,

Participant

Dear Alan,

of all the robots this one i didnt change properties and i put it on EURUSD it has a screenshot written Turned OFF..

Please shoot trouble in this one may all will work soon after… Fingers crossed

Interesting only this one wrote its off

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav,

It says “Minimum equity protection activated” so the robot will not trade.  I see you have downloaded the 10K robots but your account size is 5K so there is a mismatch.  This is why you get the “Minimum equity protection activated” message in the upper left hand corner of the chart.  So you will need to change the robots properties according the the changes I sent to you earlier.

Alan,

Participant

Dear ALan,

Highly value your superior guidance . Thanks.. but im puzzled only a small time frame entry happened. no 30 minute EA

After 3 days, Only a five minute trade time frame opened AUDUSD, yesterday nite

i might have changed all properties as you wanted  but please talk about real trades from larger time frames does this happen to everyone has your Seven robots taken no new tradess since January 15?

or its becasue my 5000 acount is too low.. Maybe i need to know larger acounts it is opening TF 30 minutes assets 7 robots there myst be active?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav

The 5k account should be fine as long as all the robots properties are correct.

Here are my current open trades:

AUDCHF M30
            XAUUSD M15
            EURUSD M30
            AUDUSD M5
            USDCAD M30
            USDCHF M30

Can you show a screenshot of one of the robots that does not work so I can see its properties box like the example shown below.  I need to be able to see the data in the red box.

Alan,

Participant

I am showing you all my robots are in same timefromaes you wamted they dont take one trade and one trade AUDUSD took was five minutes time frame one its for one day at 4$ profit. rest no assets were traded by EAS..

Please find EAS properties what you asked USD CHf, and XAUUSDPlease find EA properties

USDCHF properties

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav,

These robots are setup properly and should be trading.  How long have you been trading these robots.  Perhaps you just need to give it more time.  Do you see any errors in the Experts tab in the Toolbox?  If you do not see any trades over the next couple of days then contact support@eatradingacademy.com.  It could be an issue with the robots not working correctly with MT5.  It is my opinion MT4 is the better terminal for trading EA’s.  Did you download the robots for MT5?

Alan,

Participant

Dear Alan,

in my 5 k acount how many assets should be traded,

Why no EUR AUD in FTMO robot app it showed it was more profitable than Eur USD Ea, and please suggest Petko dear to make the expert advisor maybe to be able to trade more actively at least Make one swing trade in one week.

XAU USD 15 tf

USD CHF Ea properties

usdchf30

much love

g

Participant

Dear Alan,

pfa look at  the EA properties of XAUSUD 15, and USDCHF30  below maybe you want they should be taking trades please ask PEtko to create some magic these robots are ideal for long… in all the assets.

XAU EA 15m tf properties

USDCHF EA properties 30 minutes TF

Participant

Did you see the properties of EAs I put all the pairs on exact settings you told me dear now still asking how to malen the other was place trade.. can unsay how many trades the EAs are taking every week

i told you since 15 January they are on dear Allan. Today is 18 Jan.. maybe you could tell me my windows computer how to keep it on forever..this goes to sleep mode maybe I tried to put screen saver off etc.. maybe my laptop is issue?

Participant

Hi Dear Allan,

good morninggg London..calling

Please have a look, all robots running blue hat only one trade taken only BY AUDUSD 5 minute tf. any mistakes please feel free to point them out.. weekly one trade in such les lot zize.. what i can do.

any ideas how and when the rest will be Alive. Danke Dir

All Eas possible with tf

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav,

I am using MT4 and have 6 open trades.  If everything is setup correctly you should be seeing some trades starting to open.

Alan,

Participant

Your right.

mt4 is good in whichaacount size ?

I think that’s the issue MINE IS mt5 in 5000 account low leverage 1:10 in bootcamp many people could not open new trades it seems mt5 is the issue…

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav,

Your account size is not the issue.  I know there has been issues using the FTMO robots with MT5, however, the developer said he fixed the issue, but there could still be other issues.  If you can, you might switch to MT4 and see if you have better results.

Alan,

Participant

Apparat to me is Mt5 is The issue because maybe it’s do with something which no one can figure out

User Avatarmustafa Aksum
      Participant

I followed the video exactly and it still won’t act

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi mustafa,

I already tried to help you in the previous message. Click on link:

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/ftmo-robot-not-placing-trades/page/11/#post-227488

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

in my other pair on the other tab with a different pair it did take trade but the AUDUSD won’t take any trade this is the error i get in the experts tab of the mt5

User AvatarMarin Stoyanov
        Keymaster

Hey Tanyeem,

You need to enable the Algo-trading before attaching the Robot to the chart. There two “algotrading” options:

1. Tools -> Options -> “Expert Advisors” tab. “Enable algorithmic trading” checkbox.
        2. There is an “Algo Trading” button int the middle of the MetaTrader’s toolbar. It must be on before attaching the robot.

Another possibility is the broker to suspend trading due to swap calculations. It usually happens around midnight for several minutes.

User AvatarNchele P
      Participant

Hi, I just started using ftmo on Sunday, everything was set on a $100k challenge account low risk, loaded 3 EAs only one position is running AUDUSD. Why are others not opening?

Yesterday I also loaded x2 a $50k and a $10k challenge accounts both on low risk no positions at all opened on both accounts.. Is anything I need to do?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

When you go to FTMO app you will notice that AUDUSD only had 2 trades last week and the other 2 top robots only had 1 trade.  So as you can see the robots do not trade very often.  For this reason you need to give the robots more time to open trades.

As for the 50k and 10k challenges did you download and install the 50K and 10K robots?  If so then I think you just need to give the robots more time to open trades.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
          Participant

Thanks Alan I’ll give it more time.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

THE ROBOTS DON’T TAKE TRADES PROPERLY FOR EXAMPLE IN MY ONE ACCOUNT IT TOOK BOTH THE AUDUSD AND EURAUD PAIR BUT IN MY OTHER ACCOUNTS IT DID’NT OPEN ANY TRADES AND NO ERRORS SHOWN AND THE HAT IS BLUE AND FOR MT4 IT’S SMILEY FACE.CHECKED JOURNEL AND EXPERTS NOTHING IS WRONG

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

I checked everything from the maximum bar charts to the lot size it can take nothing the accounts with leverage 1:30 doesn’t take trade and also the account with the leverage 1:100 doesn’t take any trades 200k accounts but in my 50k account the three pairs i have set did take trade and the account which is only 25k with all the bots running took all trades with the leverage 1:100 so the problem isn’t lot size the problem is the bot not executing for some reason.checked experts and journel tab nothing i would like you to contact me in my email so i can give access to my vps so you can check what is actually wrong or provide screenshots to what’s going on

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

As long as there is a smiley face or a blue hat in the upper right hand corner of the trading window then the robots are working properly and you just need to give the robots more time to take trades.  Also, it appears from your response you have various accounts with different brokers / prop firms.  The robots will trade differently with differing brokers / prop firms because the historical data of the brokers / prop firms are different.  This is most likely the reason why you are seeing different results.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
          Participant

i also thought of the same but the thing was even for the ftmo accounts it didn’t take the trades but the backtest shows it took a trade

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

It is possible the backtester will show having taken a trade where the ftmo account does not.  How long have you had the ftmo accounts?  If you just started them this week then you need to give them more time.  Look at the FTMO app and see how many trades were taken in the last week.  It will show maybe one or two trades per week.  You may just need to give the robots more time to react.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
              Participant

one ftmo account i had it for about a month and another one it’s been a week

Participant

MY Dear Alan,

hello dear. Humbly, submitting everyone facing basically the same overarching issue Trades not getting placed, it builds up a maybe positive but nervous anxiety it can be solved only by one moment of eureka. Maybe if you see a bigger picture, since the robots maybe really good but timing is essence life is not instant gratification to me my eyed, but its action. Any trade can still go different ways even after a good start, but idea is an Eas job is to open a trade, all the robots need to act my license how I will renew again if it wont make 300$ target is my bootcamp 5000k account I’m till14 $ profit. A first step your entire robots Roi at least should come in 3 months don’t you think this way?

I have a simple idea -> This is why please check if the trading EAs are able to open one trade in beginning of the week even if its Monday closes  then if they are seeing Eas they can be left open if they come on by mid-week also is ok, As soon if they come into profit you could get a system of recognizing the trend has started, and in middle of trade ad to the position since very limited trades open, so ad more a Iceberg system that helps people actually pass a funded account, I think it’s a game changer FTMO Robot app you got but it needs to show up a courage to open a trade on a Monday. So, what if it loses one trade, and if its prediction goes right then a Game changer system could be a field of # auto # iceberg lot like pip starter this will be iceberg field.. its totally upto your team of development i have never seen anywhere exist i know Iceberg context . But if its possible it will only happen here I want to pass one challenge in my life. With fingers crossed

lov

User AvatarAretri
      Participant

Thank you Alan.

I have the same problem on 2 MT4 accounts with the same forex vps. Some trades are placed with one broker, and not the other.

I have looked into this and it seems that different brokers may not react the same way to the same EA.

Sometimes the FTMO robot closes a trade without it hitting the limit or stop orders. Could it happen that the broker does not take the sell order?

Aretri

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Aretri,

The robots have indicators built into them that tells when to open trades and when to close trades.  The SL and TP are secondary.  So if the built in indicators do not all line up to close a trade then if the SL and TP price levels are hit they will close the trade.

Alan,

User AvatarAretri
      Participant

Thanks Ala

User AvatarJulio Francisco
      Participant

I have 3 open pairs and none have taken me in in a 12 day period.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Julio,

Have you done a backtest using the Strategy Tester to make sure the Expert Advisors are placing trades? Make sure the backtest covers more than one month.

Alan,

Participant

Hi Alan Northam

Yes I have performed a backtest and it has taken me no more than 1 entry in each currency pair.

I would like to know if you have any currency pair with more activity in the market

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Julio,

Good, happy to hear you are getting a few trades.  So, as long as you have a smiley face in the upper right corner of your trading chart window then the Expert Advisors are working.  Here is what you need to know about using other brokers other than FTMO:  The FTMO V6.0 Expert Advisors were created using the FTMO servers historical data.  What you need to be aware of is that all brokers historical data will be somewhat different.  This is because there is no central clearing house where all brokers  / prop firms get their historical data.  As a result each broker / prop firm must go directly to central banks across the world to get their currency conversion data and from that the historical data is developed.  The problem is that not all brokers get their data from exactly the same banks.  As a result there is variations in the historical data.  Having said that please be aware that the FTMO app will show how many trades and profits each Expert Advisor has.  Since the historical data is different with different brokers the number of trades and the profit of each Expert Advisor may be different.

If the broker you are using is not generating any trades you might consider looking for a different broker.  What I have recommended in the past is to open demo accounts with 3 different brokers and see which one gives the best performance.

Alan,

Participant

thanks for answering

I have been testing both mt5 and mt4 for several months but I have not yet had optimal performance, not that I have used it on another server because I have already linked the bot to all the servers that I know and I have operated live.

User AvatarNchele P
      Participant

Hi,

FTMO robot and app

I have a 50k tft challenge, server and broker thinkmarkets on low risk and a 50k demo ftmo on high risk, I loaded the EAs as advised.

To my surprise ftmo has opened position on AUDCFH but on my tft challenge didn’t open position.? All load same time and following relevant prescribed video steps. Anything I’m doing wrong?

All above being said I have another 100k challenge account with fundednext on low risk, server fundedednext-demo, loaded EAs same as above but did not open position also on AUDCFH.?

Your best advice and experience will be highly appreciated.?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

The various prop firms will open and close the FTMO robots differently.  You didn’t specify how long you have been trading with these various prop firms but in my opinion you just need to give the robots more time to place trades.

My advise when looking to use other prop firms is to first test them out with a minimum account to see how the FTMO robots perform before opening larger accounts.  If possible chose 3 or 4 prop firms, place the same robots with small lot size and test them for a month or two then pick the best performing one to open larger account.  Test, test, test, before opening large accounts.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
          Participant

how did audchf get to the top pairs not a single trade was taken on this week

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
            Participant

one trade which made a loss of one percent is the backtester correct?

User AvatarNchele P
            Participant

Hi Alan,

Please note on the YouTube platform Petko has advertised firmly that the FTMO robot works with any prop firm, also he said no need to test but one can trade directly. Note that I bought this robot on the bases of the YouTube video by Petko. Just for clarity!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

Yes they will work on any prop firm and you do not need to test!

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Alan, here’s another puzzling occurrence. This sell position was opened as per normal with a 50 pip stop loss and 100 pip TP. The NFP news just came out and were in our favour for us to maximise profit. The position closed too soon. It seems that the TP was moved to around 12 pips. I only made a profit of $120. The market is still moving as we speak in our favour so I’m missing out on profit. Why would the position have closed way before 100 pips? I’m very disappointed.. Kindly I need response to this problem I just came across?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

Which currency pair are you referring too and what account size?

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Hi Alan,

Currency: AUDUSD

Account size: $100k

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

Here is what happened.  The FTMO robots have an internal Average True Range (ATR) indicator built into them such that when the range of a candle increased significantly it will close the trade.  Here is what it looked like on the chart.  When the 15 minute candle drawn on the chart due to NFP news event increase significantly the ATR (blue line) moved upward crossing the signal line (red horizontal line) and triggered the robot to close the trade.  The reason the ATR closes the trade is because sometimes after a wide ranging candle the trend will change directions and start losing.  The ATR helps to keep a profitable trade from turning into a losing trade.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
          Participant

Hi Alan, thank you for the revert.

My main worry is the inconsistency of the ea across the various prop firms. Even though I’ve loaded the ea on exactly the same assets across the prop firms, the signals are seemingly different. Why is that?

Please indulge me for a moment and let’s forget about the various prop firms. I have a 10k challenge account on ftmo and I also have a 50k trial account. The ea opened a sell position (audchf) on the trial account but nothing on the 10k account. These are from the same prop firm, why would there be a signal discrepancy. This is confusing 🤷🏾‍♂️. I don’t get it Allan.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

The demo account and the challenge account use different servers.  You can check this by looking at the login credentials for both accounts and look at the server name.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Hi Alan,

What’s your recommendation if the top 3 has a duplicated asset but on different time frames. Example, top 3 is reflecting audchf M30, xauusd M5 and audchf M5.

Also how often do you guys refresh the robots. I refresh daily on the weekly time frame. Is that too much? What’s your recommendation.

And I understand that your responses will be a recommendation.

Thanking you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

Go with the updated V6.1 robots.  I would only add new robots to your Challenge once a week as a minimum.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Hi Alan.

The V6.1, not sure what you mean here. I access the robots via my login on the app. So how do I determine what version I am using. My assumption was that when I enter the app I’m accessing the latest and most up to date version? Perhaps I’m missing something here, please clarify, thx.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

When you look at the FTMO app the chart named “XAUUSD M15 v6.0 #365481517” notice the v6.0, this is version 6.0 and must be installed on MetaTrader in the M15 chart.

When you look at the FTMO app the chart named “XAUUSD M5 v6.1 #1402217685” notice the v6.1, this is version 6.1 and must be installed on MetaTrader in the M5 chart.

When you look at the FTMO app the chart named “XAUUSD M30 v6.1 #552113322” notice the v6.1, this is version 6.0 and must be installed on MetaTrader in the M30 chart.

These are 3 different versions.  Version 6.0 or v6.0 is the orignial robot the two version 6.1 charts or v6.1 are two new versions with different time frames.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Hi Alan,

I’m a big fan of EA Trading Academy, unfortunately your ftmo robot it doesn’t work and I’ve send you numerous messages trying to get answers, tried all the trouble shooting answers you gave, to this day no improvements at all. I’ve come to a conclusion that the robot doesn’t work for me as prescribed, kindly I would like my refund, please advise on the process. Thank you

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

I too have not had any profit in the robots over the last two months. Sometimes, as traders, we will go through a protracted stagnation period, but as I have learned since starting my trading career in 1985, yes I am an old man, after the dry spell comes the rain. I am expecting some good profits in the near future. I am sorry to hear you giving up on the robots!

Please send your refund request to support@eatradingacademy.com

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

What do you need from me for refund? How long does it take?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

It took me several years to learn how to be a successful trader. What I have learned over the many years of trading is Patience. I wish you would stick it out and learn how to be a successful trader.

Just ask for a refund at support@eatradingacademy.com

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Hi Alan,

You are mixing the two, ftmo robot is not opening trades that’s the issue, this has nothing to do with patience. All you need to do is to look into your EAs problem of not opening trades. I’m not the only person raising this problem, by now you can see this problem is common and your EA as advertised it doesn’t work with all prop firms that I can confirm.

NB: please I asked, how long does it take to receive my refund, you didn’t answer me on that question? Kindly advise.

Thank you

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

This chart shows I have two open trades in my FTMO 50K Challenge. As can be seen the FTMO robots do open trades.

For better clarity right click on image and click on open image in new tab.

As to how long it takes to get your refund I do not know the answer. You would have to ask that question when you ask for a refund.

Alan,

User AvatarNchele P
              Participant

Hi Alan,

Telling me that you have open trades doesn’t help me as a client, because I’m still sitting with a problem of no open trades. By saying that doesn’t resolve my issue… fact!!

By telling me you have open trades that’s totally irrelevant to me. What’s relevant to me is why how to get the robot to open trades, that’s important to me, that’s why I bought the robot, to trade. You should be worried about my robot not getting trades helping me in that regard.

Also your money back guarantee is so short is only within 30 days. That doesn’t help much.

Anyway, thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nchele,

I shared with you my FTMO Challenge to show the FTMO robots do open trades. If you are asking for my help then please share with me the prop firm you are using and the robots you are having issues with.

Alan,

Participant

Dear Alan,

i am humbled by your team blessed to get a great mentorship under You and Chief Petko and I love your absolute commitment to the EA traders academy . HOWEVERY, be very clear kindly take this feedback for the future understand please relay to dear Petko also the issue is your FTMO robots not placing trades actively every week this is what I have been sayin since day zero please ensure a system to correct it somehow update your robots .. I have shared many ideas where they can be made more active atleast once every week all the robots must place minimum on trade regardless of MT4/5

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for your comments. I am somewhat confused as to a few things so maybe you can elaborate on the following:

1. Actively trading every week: What is your definition of actively?
              2. Robots are updated multiple times each month: Why are you thinking the robots are not updated?

Alan,

Participant

Sorry Alan,

On Saturday we are discussing but cherry 🍒 is somehow my wording is not coming accurately here. It’s only your robots taking trades I have no idea what to do that each (One) 4 out of 4  of  my downloaded robots take a trade at The Start of the week max by Tuesday all robots that are in play in my acount have placed a trade max by teuesday. Which means at least 4 trades in 4 robots can be open .. maybe. Not an update the idea is a something real that profits can be seen or losses can be incurred by Thursday . No trade Friday only calibrate

sounds like I could explain..? Every week downloading robots based on performance I think puts roobots EAs mood off ? Maybe. I’m super stupid. But maybe it’s a blind spot. I saw your earlier mT4 somewhere in one acount your using 100k robot some asset ,  in a 50 k acount and some other robot 10k in 50k acount this is what maybe we all need a a video how you could do this set up. Please 🙏 request you to show how this can be done by us.. maybe this is what we are not in the know how? Absolute genius you are  we are all looking upto thsi intelligence a Video to show how you could enter trades where we learn. Danke Vielmals

love

g

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gaaurav,

I am in Texas and contracted by eatradingacademy to moderate the forum. I do not have the equipment to create videos like Petko. All I can do is to explain in the forum how I do my trading with the robots. I only use the FTMO Challenges and Infinity forex funds Algo Evaluations. These accounts have not made any profit over the last two weeks. However, the profits will come I just have to be patient and continue trading. My advise to new traders is to use FTMO demo account or FTMO Challenge to eliminate some of the issues that come up when using other prop firms.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Dear Traders,

I notice some of you are getting quite frustrated with the FTMO robots so I thought I would share the following:

January through May are good months for trading the forex market.
      June through August are the worst months for trading the forex market as the big traders that move the markets take vacations.
      September through the first half of December are the best months for trading the forex market.

This month, January 2024, has not lived up to expectations as being a good month for trading the forex market.  However, do not be despaired as we still have February through May to look forward to some good profits.  It may occur where we have to go through several weeks of disappointments but be patient the profits will come to those who stay the course.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Dear Traders,

When using the FTMO robots on other prop firms do not expect to see the same performance as the historical data of the various prop firms may be somewhat different.  Also, the top 3 robots from the FTMO app may not be the top 3 on other prop firms.  When using other prop firms I recommend testing all robots with a small lot size for a month to learn if the FTMO robots are profitable and how their performance compares to testing on the FTMO prop firm.  Once you have determined the prop firm works well with the FTMO robots then you can pick the top 3 from the FTMO app and trade them with the prop firm you have tested.

I am now testing a different prop firm each month to determine how well they perform using the FTMO robots.

In January I tested “Infinity Forex Funds” and found this prop firm performed equally well compared with the FTMO prop firm using the FTMO robots.  So on Monday I will be using the top 3 from the FTMO app on IFF.

In February I will be testing “FX2 Funding”.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

this was from ftmo firm itself

User AvatarNchele P
      Participant

Alan, here’s another puzzling occurrence. This sell position was opened as per normal with a 50 pip stop loss and 100 pip TP. The NFP news just came out and were in our favour for us to maximise profit. The position closed too soon. It seems that the TP was moved to around 12 pips. I only made a profit of $120. The market is still moving as we speak in our favour so I’m missing out on profit. Why would the position have closed way before 100 pips? I’m very disappointed..

User Avatarfahd arroub
      Participant

<span style=””>bonjour, je suis nouveau, j’ai installé les robots sur mt5 ftmo gratuit, j’ai commencé jeudi 1er février, et il n’a ouvert que 2 trades, donc l’un a clôturé en positif et l’autre sur l’or toujours en cours, ma question est si c’est normal qu’en 2 jours, le robot n’ait ouvert que 2 positions, je pensais que sur les 10 robots que le robot allait ouvrir plus de positions est-ce normal ?</span>

<span style=””>résultat Non</span>

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi fahd,

Please use english so all traders can view your replies and learn from them.

Alan,

User Avatarfahd arroub
      Participant

bonjour je suis nouveau j’ai installé les robots sur mt5 ftmo gratuit j’ai commencé jeudi 1er février et il n’a ouvert que 2 trades donc l’un a clôturé en positif et l’autre sur l’or toujours en cours ma question est si c’est normal qu’en 2 jours le robot n’ait ouvert que 2 positions je pensais que sur les 10 robots que le robot allait ouvrir plus de positions est-ce normal ?

Commentaires

<span style=””>Résultat Web avec des liens sitelink</span>

User Avatarfahd arroub
      Participant

hello I am new I installed the robots on mt5 ftmo free I started Thursday February 1st and it only opened 2 trades so one closed in positive and the other on gold still in progress my question is if it is normal that in 2 days the robot only opened 2 positions I thought that out of the 10 robots that the robot was going to open more positions is this normal?

Commentaires

Résultat Web avec des liens sitelink

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi fahd,

The results you are getting are normal.  When you look at the FTMO app and select the weekly charts you can see how many trades were opened during the last week for all the different currency pairs.  This will help you understand how often these currency pairs trade.

Alan,

User Avatarfahd arroub
      Participant

So if I understand correctly it’s quite normal while in 2 days I had two transactions so the robots of the new update filters more trade i.e. there is not much open trade so it’s normal if I understand correctly?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have now installed the top 3 weekly FTMO app medium risk robots on my FTMO 50K Challenge!
      I also installed the top 3 weekly FTMO app medium risk robots on my 100K Infinity Forex Fund 100K Algo Evaluation!

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have now installed the top 3 weekly FTMO app medium risk robots on my FTMO 50K Challenge!
      I also installed the top 3 weekly FTMO app medium risk robots on my 100K Infinity Forex Fund 100K Algo Evaluation!

Alan,

User AvatarJavier Villalva
      Participant

bot not placing any trades

I WANT MY MONEY REFUND

User AvatarMichał Radzik
      Participant

The question is whether the bot and strategy work at all. Could it be possible to create a survey and collect opinions on the effectiveness of the bot?

User AvatarAlan Northam

HI Michal,

The forum is a place where traders can share their trading experiences.  If you want to know how other traders are doing just start a topic and ask your question.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Javier,

Why are the bots not working they are working fine for other traders. There must be a reason why your bots are not working. Can you explain why your bots are not working so I can help you get them working?

Alan,

User AvatarRichard Lawrie
      Participant

Good day EA Trading academy members

I am just wanting to find out if your EA’s have been taking trades?
      I have set everything up perfectly and have set up all the different pairs on my Metatrader 5.

I have not had a trade on any of the pairs today and I am just beginning to worry that something may be wrong with the way I have setup the EA’s. I honestly have done everything by the textbook.

Is it just the Robots that take so few trades?

Cheers

User AvatarJay weathall
      Participant

Hi

I am in 2 trades right nowAUDCHF and AUDUSD. I loaded the EA on my charts last week and havent touched them. I only joined here last week. I’m wondering if I’m meant to redo the EA every week

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Jay,

If the robots are making good weekly profit you can hold for another week.  If one of the robots is not making good profit then you might just want to replace that one robot.

Alan,

Hello, how are you, I have been with you for a few months and since last week the robots have not made operations, the only significant change I have made is to change the high news filter to 20 minutes after and 20 minutes before publication, I would like Could you help me what is happening?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Alejandro,

I selected the top 3 weekly robots and started trading them this week.  Today I have two open trades.  For me to help you further I need more information.  Which robots are you trading and did you select the weekly or monthly robots and are you using MT4 or MT5.  Also are you using FTMO demo account or challenge, what size account and when you selected the robots which selections did you make such as max daily loss, max loss, and profit target.

Alan,

I am operating with the gold robots in two time frames 5 min and 30 min and the USDCAD, select the weekly robots, I use Metatrader 4, I am not using the ftmo challenge I operate with the blueberrymarkets broker that uses the profirm kortana and that I did not previously I had problems trading until a week ago and I haven’t opened any trades. I selected them in an account of 10,000 dollars and all the daily loss, maximum loss and profit target parameters are at a value of 0.
          I only use the account to generate profits in the kortana profirm.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Alejandro,

As long as kortana allows trading with EAs and you have a smiley face in the upper right corner of the chart the robots should be working.

To test the robots you can do a backtest using the Strategy Tester.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Alejandro,

As long as kortana allows trading with EAs and you have a smiley face in the upper right corner of the chart the robots should be working.

To test the robots you can do a backtest using the Strategy Tester.

Alan,

User AvatarFontana
      Participant

I setted up the robots but i don’t know why 2 of the three that i putted don’t work it says “Expert advisor #14239894 turned off” so how can i change that please because on 1 of the three that i have it works normally ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Fediox,

This happens when the robot properties are not set up correctly for your account size.  Are you using a prop firm, if so which one.  What is your account size.  Also show a screenshot of the complete robot properties box so I can check all the parameters.

Alan,

User AvatarAkhrorkhon
      Participant

i did the robots setup as shown in the video but the robot is doesn’t trade

User AvatarAkhrorkhon
      Participant

I have 200k challange from the FTMO ) it seems everything ok but I wonder why they are not trading. I installed robot to my accaunt just like you said on youtube.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Akhrorkhon,

If you are using MT4 and you see a smiley face in the upper right corner of the Chart then the EA is set up correctly and you just need to give the EA more time to trade.

If you are using MT5 and you see a Blue Hat in the upper right corner of the Chart then the EA is set up correctly and you just need to give the EA more time to trade.

Alan,

User AvatarAkhrorkhon
      Participant

thank you

User AvatarBence Bela
      Participant

Hi,

Since the beginning of the week I have had 5 robots on my charts. AUDUSD v6.0 m6, XAUUSD v6.0 m15, AUDCHF v6.1 m5, USDCAD v6.1 m5, XAUUSD v6.1 m5. None of them have opened a trade since the beginning of the week.

I have had differences between the robot app results and my actual trades so could you please confirm if these pairs actually didn’t open trades this week yet or is something wrong with my settings?

Bence,

User AvatarLester Leong
      Participant

Just as a data point for support, I had a 200k low risk USDCAD 5M v6.1 make a trade this NYC session.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Lester,

I have two open trades today, XAUUSD V6.1, and USDCAD V6.1.

Alan,

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

Hello Alen,

It has been 5 days with no trades,  I have used the top 3 pairs and reinstalled them on Wed. with no trades yet.

Can you please look at the pic to see if this is correct? Thank You

User AvatarAkhrorkhon
        Participant

Hi at me the same thing bro

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Michael,

The Expert Advisor is set up properly.  You can test it using the Strategy Tester.  From the results you can look at the results tab to see when the Expert Advisor took its last trade.

Alan,

User AvatarJames
      Participant

I have been running the robot for 4 days now and it hasn’t trade even once. Anything I missed?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi James,

The Expert Advisors are set up properly,

Alan,

User AvatarJames
      Participant

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick response.

What do you mean anyway? That it is normal to not trade for this long?

Regards,

James

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi James,

You can test the Expert Advisors by using the Strategy Tester. From the results you can see how often the Expert Advisors trade with your prop firm / broker.

Alan,

User AvatarJames
          Participant

Thanks. I actually did just that and it didnt trade much. only 2 pairs had a trade and they were losing ones.

thanks again.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi James,

Which pairs and are they a buy or a sell. I can check the charts and give you my analysis.

Alan,

User AvatarJames
      Participant

AUDCHF.pi – 1 sell & 1 buy  @ m5 -$750

AUDUSD.pi – 1 buy trade @m5 +$512

EURAUD.pi – 2 sell trade (1 win 1 lose) @m5 +$750 total

USDCAD.pi  – 3 buy and 3 sell @ m5 -$420 total

Tests are from 1st jan 2024 till today

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi James,

I am running short on time now. I will be away from my pc for the next few hours. I will do an analysis on a couple of the pairs and will report later on.

Alan,

User AvatarJames
          Participant

okay. thank you.

User AvatarMichael Walsh
      Participant

Are you running a VPS for the issue, I ran my for a week without a VPS with no trades.  as soon as I put my account on the VPS it started trading

User AvatarJames
        Participant

Its on a VPS.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

IT’S BEEN 2 MONTHS NO SIGN OF PASSING IN DRAWDOWN THIS BOT IS PERFORMING REALLY BAD AND YES I HAVE TRIED EVERY WAY PETKO MENTIONED

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

I too have been waiting for two months for the robots to start profitable trades. I have learned over many years of trading that there will be some extended periods of stagnations / drawdowns but I have also learned that after this period is over huge profits usually come. I am anxiously awaiting for the profits!

Alan,

User AvatarAretri
      Participant

Hello Alan.

Thanks for your support and attention.

I also have this issue. My 8cap broker, set on a vps, does not take all the trades that are sent. It is frustrating, because it is impossible to replicate the FTMO robot.

If I took a challenge on FTMO prop firm, would this issue be resolved? On my part, there does´nt seem to be much that I can do.

Thanks again for your support.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Aretri,

Interesting question! I have an FTMO Challenge and an Infinity Forex Fund Algo Evaluation, which uses 8cap, and the FTMO and IFF funds both very closely track each other but are not exactly duplicating each other. I am happy with the comparison between FTMO and IFF. Why your 8cap broker is not closely tracking FTMO while IFF is, mostly likely has to do with the 8cap broker and IFF using different servers.

I have been happy with FTMO and Infinity Forex Funds.

Alan,

User Avataranthony attwood
      Participant

I am having the same problem as above smiley faces all round but no trades

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Anthony,

I have an FTMO Challenge with two open trades USDCAD and XAUUSD. Are you using FTMO another prop firm?

Alan,

User AvatarAretri
      Participant

Hello and thanks Alan.

I will try to test it with another vps server. Maybe Forex vps, or if you can recommend one. I´m using New york city servers right now.

thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Aretri,

I am using VPSFOREXTRADER New York servers for both FTMO and IFF.

Alan,

User AvatarAretri
      Participant

Thanks Alan.

I will look into them.

regards

User AvatarRichard Lawrie
      Participant

Good day EA Trading academy team

I trust you are well.

I have all the top 14 robots from the last 5 years on my account and there have been very few trades.
      Nothing has been taken this week and nothing was taken last week Friday.

I just want to know if anyone has been getting some open trades?

Regards

User AvatarWillard Reed
      Participant

I started an account two weeks ago that has 2 open trades.  I started another account beginning of last week that has 3 open trades.  Curiously they are not the same trades even though they are using the same EAs.

User AvatarFontana
      Participant

Those robots don’t place any trades and when they do they are not profitable.. please why are they like that

User AvatarFontana
      Participant

Even when in the FTMO App it says they took a trade they didn’t on MT4/5.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Fontana,

The FTMO app shows the performance of the robots for the previous week and not the current week after you place the robots on the chart.

I too have the robots running on my FTMO Challenge. Over this last weekend I ran some analyses. The results showed trading the robots based upon selecting the top 3 from the 5 year selection performed the best. So, to test my analyses, this week I chose to trade the top 3 based upon the last 5 years. So far this week the robots have not taken a trade. I will continue to trade these robots for the next several weeks to see how selecting the top 3 over the last 5 years performs. Just thought I would share how I am trading the robots!

Alan,

User AvatarLlalmar Goedhart
      Participant

I’ve installed the FTMO robot from the new video of Pesko. https://youtu.be/U5-sRBhZwk0?si=L58kPzsp5i2Esdee

I have the bot running for a whole day with no trades being made and no errors in the journal. Is this normal behavior for the bot? The bot is running on a FTMO 100K demo account.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Llalmar,

You can look at the FTMO app and then look at the robot you downloaded. Then you can see how many trades were taken over the lookback period such as one week or one month or one year or five years. This will give you an idea as to how often the robot places trades.

Alan,

Participant

Hi Alan,

Thanx for your fast response. I see that the bot have made 1 trade previous week with a profit of $2k+, so I will wait more patiently. This is also a good tip for other users in this forum subject!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Llalmar,

Please be advised the profit depends upon the risk taken.

Alan,

User AvatarRuben Alday
      Participant

I have been reading emails for hundred that the robot does not work. Please wake up …you will never pass a challenge bcs the bot is just an scam.

Participant

Yes Pesko have made one FTMO robot available for free. So I will test the robot  if it’s profitable. I see also many messages of people who have problems with the bot. I see more messages of problems then succes. But that’s often the case, that the people who have problems will go to the forum and the people that have success will not post a message. Or not so many as people who have a problem with the bot. I will post my results when I’m finished testing the bot.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Ruben,

Trading the FTMO app robots is not necessarily for everyone. I would suggest creating your own robots using EA Studio. This way you would have more control over how the robots are created. Besides my trading the FTMO app robots I also create my own FTMO robots using EA Studio. Recently, I started sharing the results of my robots on the forum so traders not having success with the FTMO app robots could see there is another way to trade robots. The following link will take you to the topic where I share the results of my own FTMO robots.

FTMO CHALLENGE with EA Studio EAs

Alan,

my robot dont want to take trades.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Eugenio,

Which robots do not want to take trades?
      How long has the robots been active?

Alan,

User AvatarBigChamp
      Participant

Hello I have the FTMO robot on a 10k challenge with EightCap. I have been running the EAs over 2weeks now and it has not taken any trades. I backtest and it shows it has been taking trades since I purchase. I also have this EAs on  a demo account as well, no trades too.

what could be the issue??? I saw this error message on Journal today.

2024.02.27 10:43:43.624 OpenCL cannot get OpenCL platforms (-123450, ‘unknown error’), please install OpenCL drivers

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi BigChamp,

This is not an issue with the Expert Advisors. You need to contact your broker to resolve this issue.

Alan,

User AvatarBigChamp
      Participant

Hi Alan thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated. Right I have this EA on Blackbull Demo account as well and no trades either.

Just a dumb Q, I increasing the spread in the EA input like to 10-15 on AUDUSD AND GOLD for the last 3days as well.  does it affect or does it mean shhh???

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi BigChamp,

As long as the spread increase is greater than the normal spread during trading hours it will not keep the EA from trading.

Alan,

User AvatarBigChamp
      Participant

Hi Alan, thanks for answering, I will wait response from the broker.

User Avatarfxbam
      Participant

(Has anyone found any consistency from testing to actual trading)

I’ve done testing and I’m currently running the FTMO Robot on 5 different charts.

I’m 3 days in and not a single trade has been placed.

• “Allow Options” have been checked.
      • “Algo Trading” is turned on.
      • Entry lots is below 1.0.
      • I’ve tried increasing the spread (points) but it was already good.
      • News filter is working.
      • Active protections showing on each chart are good.
      • Allow Algo Trading is checked for each EA.
      • I don’t see any errors.
      • All the other values are good too.

I’ve done testing over an extended period of time and have an average of what to expect each week and month. I even rounded down to give a more realistic number. My concern is that with the 5 charts that are running I haven’t has one trade open yet.

Something doesn’t feel right here.

If no trades open up this week I’m expecting approximately 30 trades to open over the next 3 weeks. I know that will not realistically happen. This is why I’m mentioning something now.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I’m wonder is this EA is blocking trades on this account?

It appears this week has been a complete waste. I’m curious to hear from anyone who has experienced this and was able to resolve it.

Maybe there is something simple I’m overlooking?

I’m not sure if there is anything else to consider.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Fxbam,

At the beginning of this week I placed all 14 robots in my Infinity Forex Funds (IFF) 100K Algo Evaluation account. I am using IFF as FTMO Challenges are not available in the United States. So far this week I have had one robot XAUUSD open a trade.

To see how often you should expect the robots to trade go to the Prop Firms Robots app, select Y1, then look at how many trades were made by the robot you want to trade. For example, if the number of trades shows 52 trades this indicates the robot will make 1 trade per week on average.

Alan,

User AvatarPhilip Adjei
      Participant

hi Alan, if you placed more than 1 robot on challenge are there any input changes that needed to be made, please?

Philip

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Philip,

You should not risk more than 3% of your account balance. So for example, if you choose robots with 1% risk then you should not trade more than three robots. If you decide to trade 4 robots then you should adjust the lot size to reduce risk. As an alternative you could download robots with low risk. In this case you could trade as many as 6 robots which would result in an account risk of 3%.

Alan,

User Avatarburakosova
      Participant

Hi, I’ve added the top 3 weekly performers from the robot app to a demo account. I followed all the steps carefully, but none of them have opened any trades in a week. My VPS stayed online, algo trading is enabled, I’ve downloaded the 10k set files as instructed, and my demo account is also set at 10k. The robot app shows the XAUUSD robot opened trades last week, but mine hasn’t. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi burakosova,

You can see how often the robots place trades on average by looking at them in the Prop Firm app. For example, the XAUUSD robot opens a trade on average once a week. I would expect you will see a trade develop next week.

Alan,

User Avatarmarco190
      Participant

I have the same problem, gold opened in the USD account but no USDCHF since February 25, 24, so it hasn’t made a trade yet. And nothing has been done in the EURO account for a few days, since
      1 week.Does the FTMO Expert (app) only run in the USD account or also in the EURO account (I am a foreigner)?

Markus

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Marco,

If you go to the Prop Firm Robot App, set the time period to Y1 and look at each robot you downloaded you can see how often each robot trades on average. For example: EURAUD right now says it had placed 52 trades over the last one year. This means it makes one trade each week on average. This will give you an idea how often you should expect the robots to trade.

Also, it doesn’t make any difference to the robots if your home currency in the US dollars or the Euro.

For reference, I have also added the following links to show you how I trade the robots. This might help to give you an idea on how you can devise your own trading plan.

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/recommended-forex-pairs/#post-236573

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/recommended-forex-pairs/#post-239251

Alan,

User Avatarburakosova
      Participant

hello again i understand that the robots not opening trades frequently but my question was different. My robots didnt open any trades but when i check the same week from robot app the same robots made some trades. However this week my robots opened trades through 03.03-09.03 week but the results arent the same with the robot app. Here is my XAUUSD m5 v6.1 robot stats and the same robot for the past week from the robot app

as you can see my robot opened 1 trade and lose 1% since my account is 25k but with same account size robot app shows 4 trades and 281$ profit. I placed that one last weekend so it was running the whole week.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi burakosalva,

Are you using the FTMO demo account?

Alan,

User Avatarburakosova
      Participant

hi Alan,

Nope im using fundednext demo but on the same account also xauusd 15m v6.0 was running. This robot stats with the one on the ftmo robot app are the same.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi burakosova,

The actual trading results with your broker can be different than what shows up in the Prop Firm Robot app. Even with FTMO I have noticed differences when the same robot is traded on the FTMO demo account and the FTMO Challenge account. The reason for this is the historical data are not the same.

Here is what you need to know about the Prop Firm Robots app: The results shown on the app are from backtesting done with EA Studio and not from trading on an FTMO demo account or an FTMO Challenge. While EA Studio is the best backtester there is, it does not perfectly replicate the same results of an FTMO demo account or an FTMO Challenge. It is a backtest simulation!!! Therefore, while XAUUSD M15 showed the same result as the Prop Firm Robot app I wouldn’t expect it to perfectly match your trading results every week. Also, for the same reason, don’t expect the results of XAUUSD M5 to always be same as the app.

Alan,

User Avatarburakosova
      Participant

ok thank you for your response. Also as i understand Petko passed some challenges with placing top 3 performers from the last week. I am also trying that and the robots from the last week have an opened position does he closes them or waiting for the trades to reach tp or sl.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi burakosova,

Yes it is possible to pass the challenge with the top 3 robots from the previous week but it is not always possible. If it were possible to do this every time he would have passed all the challenges and varification stages and he would have max’ed out all the funded accounts possible on all the prop firms. What you need to know about trading is there are no guarantees only possibilities. For this reason, while Petko has passed challenges using the top 3 robots from the previous week I do not believe he always succeeds a passing the challenge this way.

I am not sure if Petko always allows the robots to reach tp or sl. What makes sense to me is if the robot is very close to reaching the tp but looks to be changing direction I would close out the trade and I wouldn’t doubt Pekko would do the same thing. Also if a trade is close to sl and starts to change direction I would let the trade continue to run. If the trade the starts to reverse direction again and start heading towards sl at that point I would close out the trade.

Alan,

User AvatarGent Gashi
      Participant

I start robot about 4 hours ago but didnt open any trade is that normal?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gent,

The Prop Firm robots normally open about one trade each day on average. So just give it a day or two to see how many trades you get.

Alan,

User AvatarKonstantinos Borsis
      Participant

Hi guys. Got my first XAU trade on M15 from FTMO Prop EA. I immediately closed all other manual trades i had opened to give air and room for this trade as although the lot size is small, the range of the trade is quite big and i assume thats why it takes days to close if not in favourable trend. However, risking about 250$ per trade that means any other trading in the account should be restricted to minimum or very closely monitored. I use the manual trade mainly to increase to support of the big one in margin available (if in profit) as every little counts, and if in loss to lose small. Now if the FTMO EA goes very close to TP i would close and take that profit and not place any more trades until next day. I would wait for another win of the EA before thinking of raising the lot and only after i see if the same pair is again in the top 3 performers in the app after the week closes. I would then choose accordingly between weekly and monthly optimisation EAs (for me daily and monthly are not suitable).

User AvatarJames
      Participant

thanks for checking.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi James,

The question you asked at the beginning of this thread was “I have been running the robot for 4 days now and it hasn’t trade even once. Anything I missed?”. You then showed AUDCHF.pi – 1 sell & 1 buy @ m5 -$750 since January 1.2024.

I used the MT4 Strategy Tester on an FTMO Challenge to test AUDCHF V6.1 M5. It shows 16 trades over the last 30 days or about 1 trade every other day and a profit $784.49. So it looks like there is an issue using your broker. You can verify my results by testing the AUDCHF Expert Advisor on a FREE FTMO demo account.

Alan,

Viewing 166 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart