Home Forums Prop Firms FTMO Challenge FTMO DEMO

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAlan Northam

I have been testing the FTMO EA over the first 15 days of August.  Account size $10,000.  Lot size was 0.3 and 0.3 the recommended lot size for this account size.  The profit was 2.5% with a drawdown of 1.5%.  I will now start another 15 day demo and continue to test the FTMO EA.

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is the results of my testing the FTMO robot on an FTMO 15 day free demo account from August 16, 2023 through August 29, 2023.  Account size $10,000.  Lot size was 0.3 and 0.3 the recommended lot size for this account size.  The profit was 1.2% with a drawdown of 1.9%.   If I combine the two test for August the results would show a profit of 3.78%.   If future testing shows the same rate of profit each month it would take 2.5 months to reach the target profit of 10% to pass the challenge.

I will now start another 15 day demo and continue to test the FTMO EA.

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is the results of my third test of the FTMO robot V4.1 on an FTMO 14 day free demo account from Sept 12, 2023 through Sept 25, 2023.  Account size $10,000.  Lot size was 0.3 the recommended lot size for this account size.  The profit was 3.69% with a drawdown of 0.89%.   If I combine the three test together the results would show a profit of 7.6%.   If future testing shows the same rate of profit it should take just a total of 2 months to reach the target profit of 10% to pass the challenge.

I will now start another 14 day demo and continue to test the FTMO EURUSD EA version 4.1 and should theoretically complete the challenge within the next 14 day demo period.

Note I continue to test FTMO EURUSD version 4.1 and not version 4.2.  What I am trying to test is how long will a single EA continue to show good results.

User AvatarDennis Stahl
      Participant

Hello do you use the Standard settings?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Is this the info you are looking for?

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is the results of my fourth test of the FTMO robot V4.1 on an FTMO 14 day free demo account from Sept 26, 2023 through October 11, 2023.  Account size $10,000.  Lot size was 0.3 the recommended lot size for this account size.  This is the first time the EA took a loss.  The loss was -0.38% with a drawdown of 3.89%.   If I combine the four test together the results would show a total profit since the beginning of August 2023 of 7.2%.

I will now start another 14 day demo and continue to test the FTMO EURUSD EA version 4.1.

Note I continue to test FTMO EURUSD version 4.1 and not version 4.2 version 4.3.  What I am testing is how long will a single EA continue to show good results.

User AvatarMagiangelic
      Participant

Did you swap out the ea with the one that is earning for the past week like in the ftmo robot says?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Magiangelic,

No I did not swap out anything.  That is not the purpose of the test.  What I am doing is testing FTMO EURUSD version 4.1 and not version 4.3 to see how long the EA will continue to remain profitable over the long term.   The FTMO demo accounts only last for 14 days and then you have to start a new 14 day demo account.  I started the new FTMO demo account yesterday using the same FTMO EURUSD version 4.1 and already it is up by 1.8%.  So we will see how profitable it is over the rest of the 14 day period.  So, even the old version 4.1 is still being profitable over the long term.

I hope by performing this demo test it will give confidence to new traders that the EAs created by Petko can be profitable over the long term.

Alan,

User AvatarMagiangelic
      Participant

If the EA were swapped out with the one that is most profitable the past week, would the profits be more and drawdown be less?

User AvatarAlan Northam

That is an unknown!  What is known is that all EAs will have a period of profits and a period of drawdowns.  Even if the EA shows in a demo account that it has been profitable over the last week and it is moved to a live account, there is still always the possibility that it could immediately start going through a period of drawdown.  Keep in mind that drawdowns always start after a period of profits, and profits always starts after a period of drawdowns.  It is a known fact that drawdowns are a healthy evil for the future of a profitable trending market.   I always look at drawdowns as an indicating the market is going to make more profits in the near future.

Good discussion!

User AvatarMagiangelic
      Participant

Probably a ftmo demo can be done on the EAs which are swapped for the profitable ones the last week. That would give a lot of clarity as to whether there is increased profitability with swapping out the EAs

User AvatarAlan Northam

That is a possibility and would be interesting to test out with another demo account.  I would suggest you perform this test using FTMO demo accounts over the next two or three months and report your results as a separate topic in this forum.

Alan,

User AvatarMagiangelic
      Participant

Lol. I guess only way for me to find out is if I purchase it and try it out. Good tests on it though, makes me wanna purchase it.

User AvatarAlan Northam

In my opinion you would probably see similar results as to what I am getting if not better!  Keep me posted!

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is the results of my fourth test of the FTMO robot V4.1 on an FTMO 14 day free demo account from October 12, 2023 through October 25, 2023.  Account size $10,000.  Lot size was 0.3 the recommended lot size for this account size.  This is the second consecutive loss for the EA.  The loss was -0.96% with a drawdown of 2.73%.   If I combine the five test together the results would show a total profit since the beginning of August 2023 of 6.3%.

I will now start another 14 day demo and continue to test the FTMO EURUSD EA version 4.1.

Note I continue to test FTMO EURUSD version 4.1 and not version 4.3.  What I am testing is how long will a single EA continue to show good results.  Since the demo account is still positive I will continue to test FTMO EURUSD version 4.1.

User Avataralexdergrosse_88
      Participant

Hello, can someone please give me some information.

Since today I am running the current FTMO-EA 4.3 on MT5.

I would like to know why I do not see all possible settings in the bots.

Here for example is missing:
      Tralling Stop
      Magic Number

Am I doing something wrong, or is it the demo mode?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Trailing stop is not used with this EA.

Magic number is not available with MT5.  Magic number is only available with MT4.  This is one of several reasons why traders using EA’s prefer MT4.

With MT5 you can create your own magic number and add it to ‘Custom order comment”.

Alan,

Participant

Thanks for the quick response

Alex

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is the results of testing the FTMO robot V4.1 on an FTMO 14 day free demo account from October 25, 2023 through November, 2023.  Account size $10,000.  Lot size was 0.3 the recommended lot size for this account size.  The gain for this period was +2.92% with a drawdown of 1.96%.   If I combine all tests together since early August the results would show a total profit since the beginning of August 2023 of 9.2%.

These tests have shown that since early August the FTMO robot V4.1 has now almost gained the 10% required to pass the FTMO challenge.  The purpose of these tests is to show that an EA can be profitable over a period of several months.

As of the first of November I have added this robot to a live FTMO 10K challenge.  I will report the results every other week just as I have been doing.  The purpose is to continue to show how long an EA can produce profit and to try and pass the FTMO challenge with this V4.1 FTMO EA.

Alan,

User AvatarAndreas K.
      Participant

Thanks Alan for reporting your results. Can i ask you why you are using v4.1 and not newer ? thanks Andreas

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Andreas K.

I am testing how long a given EA can be traded.  The longer testing also shows new traders that even through an EA could go through a long period of drawdown and stagnation that it doesn’t mean the EA is not working anymore.  For example, this EA went through a period of approximately one month but then started profiting again.  As of the first of this week I started trading this EA in a live FTMO challenge and will continue to show bi-weekly status.

Also, this next Monday I will be trading V5 in a live FTMO 10K challenge and will be reporting bi-weekly progress.  I am also trading V4.3 in a live FTMO 10K challenge but have not been reporting it status.

Alan,

Participant

Hello, I started the new FTMO robot V5.0 on MT5 about 12 hours ago. Unfortunately it does not open any trades. I can’t see what the problem is. Do you have an idea? Thank you very much

User AvatarAlan Northam

Give it more time.  Sometimes it takes longer than 12 hours before a trade will be opened.

Alan,

User AvatarBrian Pelton
      Participant

Great discussion here. Any more results? How are things going? I just discovered this site and I’m learning so much!

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is the results of testing the FTMO robot EURUSD V4.1.  From mid August until early November I have been testing the EURUSD robot on an FTMO 14 day free demo account in which I would have to restart the demo account every 14 days. The demo account size is$10,000.  The Lot size was 0.33 the recommended lot size for this account size.  The profit over this time frame has been 9.2%.  The purpose of testing V4.1 instead of V5.0 is to see how long an EA can be profitable.  The road so far has been rocky as can be seen by my previous postings.  However, over the longer term the demo account shows this EA has gained 9.2%.

On November 9th I started a live 10K FTMO Challenge using V4.1.  The account has been trading now for two weeks.  The following are my results todate.  During the first week the account drew down by 4.16%.  Then during the second week, the most current week, the account has started to slowly work its way upward and ended this last week with a drawdown of 2.5%.  Maximum daily drawdown has been 2%.

Bottom line:  Over the first two weeks of trading this account has been going through a period of drawdown.  Every EA will go through periods of profit, periods of drawdown, and periods of moving sideways also known as stagnation.  Sometimes when we start a new account it will immediately start profiting right off the bat.  At other times a new account will start off with a drawdown.  These things are normal.  What we need to do is to wait for the longer term picture to develop.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

UPDATE ON MY TESTING FTMO Robot V4.1

From mid August until early November I tested FTMO Robot EURUSD V4.1 using several 14 day FTMO demo accounts. During this time, if I piece together the results of several 14 day demo accounts, this robot gained approxiamtely 9.2%. Based upon this performance I then desided to move this robot to a 10K FTMO Challenge.

On November 9th I started a 10K FTMO Challenge using FTMO robot EURUSD V4.1. As luck would have it, the account started drawing down. This happens with trading and is something I just have to deal with. As can be seen the account drew down by -5% and has been moving net sideways since and currently about -1.5% below breakeven. It will be interesting to see if this Challenge moves into profit before the end of the year.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

UPDATE ON MY TESTING FTMO Robot V4.1

This chart shows the update of my testing FTMO V4.1 robot on an FTMO Challenge.  The trading results for the last half of December is from the black vertical line to the right edge of the chart.  During this time the balance line has moved upward by $200 to breakeven.  However, when I look at the chart from the red vertical line to the right edge of the chart I see the balance line has advanced $465.00.  This is a gain of 4.9% over a two to three week period.  If this progress continues it could be possible for the FTMO robot V4.1 to pass the challenge my the end of January or early February 2024.  So lets see how it goes!

Note:  This is a test of the FTMO robot to see how long it can be traded and still be profitable.

Alan,

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart