Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots trading news at alpha capital

BlackBull Markets 2
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set the news filter for Alpha Capital. After you pass the Assessment and are a Qualified Trader you should be careful when trading during news releases there. because Qualified Analyst are NOT allowed to execute any new trade or close an existing trade on the targeted (as per the table in link) instrument in the window of 2 minutes before until 2 minutes after the release of the below News announcements.

Is the filter on high news enough? or should i choose high and medium? and does it tick all the boxes like in the table in the link?

Link

Thank You in advance!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank You Marin i know the filter settings but i am wondering if it covers all the news alpha is listing to avoid mandatory

Anonymous
      Inactive

For now I play it safe and set high and medium enabled

Anonymous
        Inactive

The issue you will have that the EA’s don’t cater for is you also cannot hit TP or SL during those 2 Minutes before and after.

The Experts wont place trades 2 minutes before or after but if you have a trade running and hits TP during a news spike if will be a breach.

There is an EA I use on the MQL5 store

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/97327?source=Site+Market+MT4+Utility+Search+Rating006%3anews

This will remove the EA a set time before the news and re-apply it after. But what’s more it will remove the SL and TP during that news period and pop them back after. If the price has shot passed TP then it will bank the extra, but the downside is if it flies past your SL you have a bigger loss.

So it does have another option to just close all trades before the news whether in Profit or Loss.

Some props have no news trading rule but still allow set TP and SL to activate (CK Capital are one – New Firm)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart