Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots FTMO Robot: Errors and Solutions

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 112 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

So after a great start in the challenge the EA studio totally failed for me in the verification stage losing every single, last, trade. Maybe you just get what you pay for so I’m moving on and  looking at the FTMO Robot. I know it’s new, but can anybody report any success with it especially over the last mouth?

Hey David,

Please make it more transparent what you mean by ”EA Studio failed”. EA Studio is not an EA but a tool we use to create and automate EAs. Do you mean you generated EAs using EA Studio and you put them on a challenge?

The robot performs smoothly and now when FTMO removes the 30-day period for the challenge it gets even easier to pass with it because we are not limited in time.

User AvatarThomas S.
      Participant

Hallo,

I have the following questions about the FTMO
      ROBOT.

can I scale and for 20,000 then increase the lots to 0.6?

can I probably transfer the robot to other prop companies?

Thanks,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Thomas,

Yes, you can scale it up!

What I know about using a common EA on various brokers is that the results will not be the same.  Some brokers might show greater stagnation, drawdown, and or overall profit than other brokers.  So beware of these possibilities!

Hey traders,

I have updated the FTMO Robot on our website. This is the latest version, Version 3.

• How is this Robot different to the previous version?
      • It trades on the M1 Chart using the Envelopes
      • There is a Higher Time Frame filter (MACD on M15)
      • Option to add to the position
      • Spread & Account protections

I have recorded a detailed video explaining How the Robot Works.

User AvatarJean Sumner
      Participant

Hi Petko,

Is the FTMO robot the same one included in your FTMO course? Or do I have to purchase it separately?

User AvatarJohn Noland
        Participant

Great work Petko!! When will the new FTMO robot be uploaded to the Udemy course?

Hey Jean,

Glad to hear from you.

The course will be updated with the EA in the very near future. I just recorded a few more videos showing how I pass the 200k challenge and it will take some time for my team to edit the videos.

User Avatarpatrick paiotta
      Participant

Hey Petko,

I hope you are doing well.

I purchased the FTMO Robot yesterday, I am trying to back-test the robot on metatrader5 on a 10k challenge. Looks like is not opening any trades on the back-testing, I am pretty sure the reasons are the wrong settings/inputs, i had to modify them since your video is showing the settings for a 200k challenge 🙂 can you please help me?

Thanks for your amazing job, i like your videos and effort.

Hey Vincenzo,

I think it is the same issue. Please, lower the lot size and try again.

Also, yesterday was the weekend and the FTMO server closed on Friday with a spread > 10 pips.

In the EA there is a Spread FIlter Protection set to 3 pips, so make sure not to use the Current spread but 2 pips for example.

User AvatarVincenzo Dallacqua
        Participant

dear petko,
        I tried modifying the spread and the values as you recommended (I attach screenshot of the settings), but the problem remains (I attach screenshot of the error). I need to solve otherwise this EA is unusable. What can I do?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Have you tried this solution as I suggested earlier?:  https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/7505/error-invalid-order-filling-type/

Try using MT4 instead of MT5.  I am thinking MT4 does not have this issue.

User AvatarJOSE RODRIGUEZ
      Participant

1) what setting do you recommend to pass FTMO 100k ?

2) The EA doesn’t has any high new protección right? What do you recommend?

3) I work with a profirm that doesn’t accept Martingale How I can setup the EA non martingale?

4) how I do backtesting I tried I didn’t work

Hey Jose,

Glad to hear from you.

1. I would use 3 lots so if the EA hits the SL it would be below 1%.

2. What do you mean by ”high new”?

3. The EA does not use martingale: it adds to the position if there is a new signal. However, if you want to avoid the adding just set the entry to 3 lots and max position to 3 lots, so it won’t add on the same directional signal.

4. Abour the backtesting make sure to use a smaller lot and spread of 2-3 pips (not the weekend one)

Participant

Hi Petko

2. What do you mean by ”high new”? I mean high impact news protection

User Avatardicyang
      Participant

Hallo,

I have the following questions about the FTMO
      ROBOT.

It’s for MT4 or MT5

Thanks

User AvatarKevin Burton
      Participant

I have just purchased the FTMO robot. I have an account with Blue Guardian MT4.  This EA will not take a trade on the account back testing.

No Trades… nothing.

User AvatarKevin Burton
      Participant

I May have found the issue, I did not have any data to back test.

I still do not understand the setting very well and would like to understand more.

Is it possible to see the Envelopes and other things on my TM4 as indicators?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Kevin,

When doing the backtest on MT4 you have to set up the Strategy Tester correctly.  This video will walk you through the process.

As for the FTMO settings, what questions do you have?

The Envelopes can be added to the MT4 chart.  You can find the indicators in the list of indicators on MT4.

Alan,

User AvatarKevin Burton
      Participant

my main question for this bot is scaling for risk or account size.  He mentions 200k account in the video.  What would be the best settings for a 100k account, or a 50k account.

User AvatarAlan Northam

For smaller accounts scale Entry Lot Size, Max Lot size, Amt to Add on lot size, Stop loss, and Take profit proportionally.

Participant

Hi sir,

I installed the EA this monday and the EA had not opened any position yet. This is normal?

Thank you for your support

Jose

User Avatarramis batku
      Participant

Hi i have buyed the ea yestrday but dont react dont have opened any trade is staying there like dead by the way i have evaluation with myforex funds!?

Hello Ramis,

The FTMO Robot will open trades when the price hits the Envelopes and there is confirmation from the MACD. The EA is not designed to trade frequently but to take strong reversal signals.

If you do not see trades for a few days, check out the journal for any errors. Also, make sure you keep your laptop/PC connected to the internet all the time, and the MetaTrader connected to the FTMO Server.

I like the word ”dead” for EA 🙂

User Avatarfxbam
      Participant

I just purchased it today. Looking forward to testing this out.

User AvatarDS Lee
      Participant

Hello, I have the same issue with most of the people here, I run the EA with a proper setting on FBS Demo account since Monday.

No trades at all.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Lee,

Check my answer above.

The general expectation is to have a very active EA because these are the type of EAS people buy from the market. Usually, such EAs use martingale to recover the losing trades but those are not suitable for Prop Firms.

User AvatarDS Lee
        Participant

Hi Petko, thanks for your reply.

Yes, today I got my first trade.

Regards,

Lee

User AvatarThorsten G.
      Participant

In my backtest, the number of lots is not increased after a loss. But that should happen, right?

User AvatarThorsten G.
      Participant

I run a FTMO-Trial with 200k and use 1 Lot for the first position till max 3 Lot. I think that must be okay for a 200k-Account.

But my Expert-Tab shows this Errors…, what can i do?

Are you using Netting or Hadging account? It is a problem in MetaTrader 5 if you are using a Hedging account. It won’t be able to add to the position.

User AvatarWeiming Khoo
      Participant

Hi,

I just bought the FTMO Robot yesterday.

Currently using a FTMO trial 10k account.

Is my setting correct?

Hey Khoo,

Yes, the lot size is the only thing you need to adjust.

But with the new Version 4.0 I would suggest you trade straight with 0.3, not using the adding option.

Participant

Hi Petko,

The FTMO EA is working very well. Thank you.

User Avatartonysjournal
      Participant

Hi Popov,

I can see that further up you explained how to fix this issue for this bot on MT5, however, I cannot find exactly here to change it.

Is there any possibility to show screenshots where I will need to change this commands in order to get rid of this error message?

Thanks,

Tony.

User Avatarfxbam
      Participant

Hello Petko, can you consider adding a delay to this EA so it can help with being slightly different from other traders?

I’m running this on a few different accounts with different settings but they all opened their positions at the same time.

An option to delay the open order from 1 to 10 seconds in the inputs would be helpful in reducing the risk of being flagged by a prop firm for opening a position at the same time as too many other people and will also help make our trades unique.

User Avatarfxbam
      Participant

That’s great to hear, thank you.

User AvatarAleix Marti
      Participant

Hello, FTMO accounts are hadging, I am using MT5. What would be the solution? Because I see that it does not open any operation!

Thanks in advance!

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following is from a demo account on trading.com using the MT5 Strategy Tester.  I can’t use the FTMO demo account right now because I have a 10K demo account with FTMO currently running using MT4.  The first chart shows the dates when trades were taken.  Notice that it does not take trades every day.  The last trade was taken on 8/16.  The second chart shows the profit so far this month.  The account started the month of August with $200,000.  Chart shows profit of $6771.06 so far for the month.

I would expect the FTMO robot to take another trade within the next day or two.  Patience!
        I would suggest you do a similar backtest to make sure everything is working correctly.  The following are the settings I used:

User AvatarAleix Marti
          Participant

In the backtest I get a lot of errors. Please help! I don’t know where the problem comes from.

User AvatarAleix Marti
          Participant

Thanks for answering me. But the question is, in which do you run the ea, mt4 or mt5 for FTMO account? Because in MT4 when you open the folder to put the EA it only gives the option to put the MT5 version, I don’t know if that will be a problem. Why does it have to do with the type of Hedge or Netting account, right?

Well let’s see if someone can clarify it for me so that I can get it ready to launch operations.

Thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

If you are using MT4 then you need to use EURUSD M1 FTMO Filter M30.mq4.

If you are using MT5 then you need to use EURUSD M1 FTMO Filter M30.mq5 (EURUSD M1 FTMO Filter M30).

User AvatarAleix Marti
              Participant

Excuse me, the backtest is OK! Everything works! Thank you so much!

User AvatarJanek
      Participant

I was getting the same error in MT5 on demo account and strategy tester:

Press F4 (to get to MetaEditor), go to Search – find in files:

Find what: return ((ENUM_ORDER_TYPE_FILLING)OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE_FILLING));
      Replace with: return (ORDER_FILLING_IOC);
      Press Replace in Files

Now compile all AE that you needed to change and restart MT5.
      I am not sure what does this change do I am not developer. But it fixed my issues.

Thanks,
      Janek

Thanks for sharing all of that!

Also, with the latest update of the FSB Pro, this problem should be solved. I updated the EAs as well.

User AvatarJanek
      Participant

I am getting this error: ModifyPosition: OrderCheck: Position specified has already been closed
      Is it anything that I should be worried about or it is not the error but a notification?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Looks like you are trying to close a position that has already been closed.  Remove EA from chart.  Close MetaTrader and reload.  Add EA back to chart.   This should give you a fresh restart.

User AvatarJanek
          Participant

Done, this has resolved the issue. Thanks! Hopefully is nothing to do with amount of advisers from you I have been
          testing 🙂

User AvatarAlan Northam

Should be good to go as long as lot size is adjusted properly so you don’t go over the margin limit and you don’t have more than 100 EAs!

User AvatarJanek
      Participant

Hi,

I don’t know why I am  not getting Magic number. I needed to add custom order comment. Is there any solution for this?
      I know that magic number should disappear when using a comment but without comment I still cannot get MN.

Thanks,
      Janek

User AvatarAlan Northam

This occurs when commissions or swap fees are applied.

User AvatarJanek
          Participant

So myfxbook and separate account for this 7 pairs would be the best way to track the performance?

Hey Janek,

Make sure to have the Magic number in the inputs when you drag it over the chart.

User AvatarJJClancy94
      Participant

Hi Everybody,

So, since I started using the FTMO Robot V5, my MT5 freezes every time. I have tried everything: closed all, reinstalled everything, checked my internet, and now I even paid for a VPS to let them run. However, my MT5 still freezes. Interestingly, it’s not my MacBook; this thing still works. I already tested the same on MT4, and there’s no issue. I contacted the MQL5 support, but they can’t help me. Do you guys have experience with this or know how to solve this problem? I can’t close MT5 every 5 minutes, and it’s also really slow since I installed the robot.

Thanks for Help! 😀

User AvatarWouter van Wyk
      Participant

Hi there,

Anyone that help with a walk-thru or guide on installing the EA correctly, smiley face showing but no trades, have no idea where to start to search for the problem……

Thank you your support herewith will highly appreciated.

User AvatarErnst van zyl
      Participant

Please help I have noticed the from EA closed a trade at 6 pips in profit i thought it was supposed to close at 60 settings is right yet both lossing trade was closed right at 30 pips??

User AvatarAlan Northam

Please provide a screenshot of the EA properties box so I can check the settings.

Alan,

User AvatarErnst van zyl
      Participant

HERE IS THE CHART

User AvatarAlan Northam

The trend changed and so the position was closed and a new position in the opposite direction was started.

Alan,

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Did it open a reverse trade just after?

User AvatarNicholas Grobler
      Participant

Hello All

I want to just double check, the MT4 and MT5 EA’s are exactly the same right? Even though I am running my FTMO screening test on MT5 I can use the best pair on MT4 with the MT4 EA?

Also, how long do we run the FTMO test phase for ideally? I have seen a few different mentions, like a week, 2 weeks, before we take the best one and enable it on our live account.

Lastly, what is the best approach, from experienced users that has passed their evaluations, do I use just the one best EA with set lot size, or do I use the top 2 or top 3 with split lot sizes?

Thanks!

User AvatarErnst van zyl
      Participant

Yes it did

Hey mate,

I can bet you it’s not from the Robot 🙂 It is from the Mac or the Broker. Which broker or Prop Firm did you use?

User AvatarErnst van zyl
      Participant

That is how it is doing picked the top 2 ea.s because they both had the exact same win rate this is how to looking now the EA isnt doing well at all and if you backtest you can see not very promising

Participant

Hello All

Could someone from the team please help me out here?

Much appreciated.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Nicholas,

Answer to question 1)  The EA’s are the same.  They are coded differently as MT4 and MT5 have different languages.  So yes you can use MT5 for testing and then MT4 for live trading.  However, be aware of one thing:  If MT5 is on a different broker or different prop firm than MT4 then there could be some difference as each broker or prop firm will have somewhat different histortical data.

Answer to question 2)  One week or two weeks is not sufficient backtest to see how the EA will perform over the long term as during such short periods of time the market could be trending without any significant retrace or drawdown.  During longer periods of time such as one month or longer then the market is more likely to have some small retraces and even a drawdown.  If you are going to run your EA for a month or longer than you want to know how it will perform during retraces or drawdown.  So it is recommended if you are going to run an EA for a month or longer that you at least backtest it for one month.

Answer to question 3)  There is no right or wrong answer to this question.  I have used the best 1 to 3 EAs and have found that the 10 EAs they were selected from actually performed better than the few I selected.  Then again I have had the opposite occur.  The one nice thing about running all the EA’s is that they will compensate for each other.  What I mean by that is when one or two EAs are going through a drawdown the others most likely could be profiting, this helps to minimize drawdowns.  So, since it is difficult to decide to run 1 to 3 EAs or the whole lot, what I do when I want to have more than a 1% account risk I will then run all the EA’s to minimize drawdown.  If I just run 1 to 3 EAs then I keep my account risk to 1% because the drawdowns will most likely be greater.  So, running the whole lot with a 2% risk also helps to increase profit.  So running the whole lot helps to keep drawdown to a minimum while at the same time increases the chance of greater profit.

Hope this helps!

Alan,

Participant

Hey Alan

Thanks for your response.

On question 2, I may not be clear in my question. So according to Petko, we must run the EA’s on a test account on FTMO before we use the best-performing ones to pass the account challenge. I would like to know if the 2 weeks we run the test enough. We then take the top 3 and add them to our live account, is this correct?

I will keep in mind of course that if I run 3 or more, which makes sense to me, but then adjust to compensate for no more than 1% risk over all three. I would assume I adjust the lot size? So if I then take my top three EA’s over the two week test period, for a 10K account, then the lot size for 1 EA is 0.05 – I would then divide 0.05 by three and use that lot size on each EA. Am I correct in this Alan?

I am planning on only running on FTMO live account s only.

I do have all EA’s running on a different broker demo account just to have a continuous updated best performance on the EA’s.

Still learning…relatively new to trading, been a heck of a journey this far though. As the saying goes, trading is simple, but definitely not easy.

Thanks again.

User AvatarGranit Mustafa
      Participant

Hello, I bought the FTMO robot 1 day ago and activated it, but it’s not opening any trades.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Granit,

Mine opened one trade yesterday.  I only have the one open trade.  Please wait another day and you should see a trade.

Alan,

User AvatarGranit Mustafa
      Participant

robot Ftmo 5.o right ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

FTOM 5.0 AUDUSD!  I have only had the 10K challenge running for the last 4 days.  4 trades have been closed and now I have one trade open.

Alan,

User Avatarkcy001
          Participant

is it because v5.0 is using more entry criteria than v4.3 ?
          on 15m too, its taking more time for trades to setup

User AvatarJJClancy94
      Participant

Hi Petko, thank you very much for your response. I’ve been using my MacBook for about a year, and I’ve been trading on the FTMO Broker account for approximately 2 months now. So far, it has been working without any issues. Could I have possibly made a mistake during the installation? The robots are running on my VPS, and 7 out of 8 have already opened trades, so I believe everything should be running correctly. I’ve also explained the issue to MQL5 support, and they believe it’s not on their end.

Hey Nicholas,

I don’t really depend on the time period as one or two weeks. Sometimes, there will be more or less trades opened.

But two weeks is enough to check the recent top performers. Then you need to keep in the challenge only the top performers.

Regarding the risk. The set files are for the testing account and if you trade the EAs individually.

If you decide to put more than 1 EA on a challenge, you better lower the risk.

User AvatarGhiath Nezari
      Participant

I have had the FTMO robot on my MT5 for 2 weeks and it has still not made any trade:
      – The settings is on the M15
      – The algo trading is on
      – The only thing i have changed is the take profit (i have only changed it with 10 pips, so if the take profit on the default set files was 60, i have changed it to 50)
      – It is running on a VPS
      – The broker i have is ACG markets, live 10k account

Do anybody know what i should do to get it going so i can pass the challenge soon.

Thank you.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Ghiath,

If you run a backtest, do you see trades that would have opened? It sounds like all your settings are correct, and trades should be opening. I’d suggest running the backtest, saving the results and asking the broker why trades have not executed, when clearly, the backtest shows that they should have. Also, check your journal for any errors. Could be a connectivity issue with the broker’s sever.

Cheers,

Ilan

User AvatarSion Mascaro
      Participant

Hello.

The robot took this trade (inserted image), and I do not understand why exited the trade when it was going the right way, does someone know clearly wich are the exit conditions of it?

Thanks.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey Sion,

Difficult to tell from the image above, without the indicators displaying. But, if it exited, it means the exit rule was triggered.

Cheers,
      Ilan

User AvatarSion Mascaro
      Participant

how can I add the indicators on the live chart.

Thanks for the response.

User AvatarAl FA
      Participant

Hello

I have noticed on brokers that do now allow EA trading, such as Rocket21.

I was force to trade manually on that challenge.

Check if your selected Prop firm accepts EA trading.

Good luck 🙂

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey Sion,

If it’s the FTMO Robot, which I believe it is, they should be on the chart when you load the EA.  Have you loaded all 8, and do you see the indicators, like this?:

User AvatarSion Mascaro
      Participant

I have loaded all 8 robots on the chart but the indicators do not appear.

User AvatarMarin Stoyanov
        Keymaster

The indicators are visible only on MetaTrader 5. You won’t see them on MT4

User AvatarMihai Suciu
      Participant

I bought a funded account from Funding Pips which uses blackbull markets as their broker and i added the ea’s on Mt5 yesterday but no trades have been taken the ea’s are active with a blue hat on the top. I contacted the broker and they said maybe its the ea’s and that I should check it. Please someone help me.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

hey so i have installed the bot on a MT5 and it not take any trades yet but i hope it is running properly as the hat in the chart shows blue and also i did not have to compile it.I just pasted it in the expert folder of the mt5 and it just appeared.am i missing something?

User AvatarG. C.
      Participant

copied mt5 robots by ea trading academy to mt5 expert folder.  when i refresh the navigator the ea robots do not appear so they can be dragged onto the charts.

nothing in the instructions about this possibility

please comment

User AvatarLuce
      Participant

Hello,

did you make sure you didn’t copy the “set files” instead of the actual EA files?

(that happened to)

BR Luce

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi G.C.,

MT5 does not work like MT4. With MT5 you need to open the MT5 Editor by clicking in the IDE button in the MT5 tool bar. Then you need to click on one of the EAs to open it. Then you need to click on Compile. The EA will now show up in the Navigator. Now do this for each EA.

Alan,

User Avatarne fv
      Participant

How do I get the new bot?, I bought the 4.3 and now I can’t access an update

User AvatarAlan Northam

Contact support at support@eatradingacademy.com

User AvatarStrobeman
      Participant

All my EA’s have got the same magic number. When I change them as I did with the older versions they do not keep the new number. What should I be doing to change the numbers?

User AvatarAlan Northam

To change the magic number open the EA properties box and scroll down to the magic number to change it.

Alan,

User AvatarMike121
      Participant

Hello, can someone step by step show me this

”Increase/Decrease the Envelopes Parameters , MA Period or Deviation % slightly. If you increase or decrease Deviation with 0.01, you will see different entries, exits, but similar results; the entries will be unique:”

step by step how to do this?

User AvatarAlan Northam

The EAs are optimized for best performance with the indicator settings as is. I don’t change them!

Alan,

User Avatarkcy001
        Participant

But if you dont change them, how do u make the trades unique ? if its not unique how does prop allows these to work? they would be rejecting/ban acc if everyones entry is same using same parameters of default settings.

User AvatarAlan Northam

As long as there are less than 2000 identical orders placed per day there is no problem.  Even if there are more than 2000 identical orders placed per day they will email you and ask you to make a change.  If you insist on making your trade unique change the lot size slightly instead of the indicator settings.

Note:  I use the standard settings and have never had an issue with it.

Alan,

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

hey i have purchased the ftmo robot package it was showing in my orders and also downloads but suddently it’s gone is it a bug?

User AvatarMike121
      Participant

Exactly what I thought, instructions say so but not very clear exactly how to do this but I know this is important  …?… @Petko

User AvatarAlan Northam
      Keymaster

Hello Tanyeem, we replied to your email already but I’ll write this here to be helpful for any other user with a similar issue. In the order confirmation email you receive a link and password to download the EAs. You can also find this info in the Orders tab of your Account.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

I HAVE BEEN REACHING OUT AND GOT NO FIX FOR IT

I PURCHASED THE FTMO ROBOT NOTHING SHOWS NOT EVEN IN MY EMAIL

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE LINK OF FTMO V5.1 THANK YOU

User AvatarAlan Northam

Go to your account and click on Orders or Subscriptions. If not there them contact support@eatradingacademy.com.

Alan,

User AvatarOlivier Hoeksma
      Participant

I have multiple funding accounts. I want to place the bot on all those. Is there a possiblity that you have multiple windows open for diffrent accounts? Like having multiple meta traders 5 open.

Yes, you can do that. When you install the MT platform you need to select a different directory (folder name).

User AvatarMILWARD
      Participant

Good day.

my robot is not working and it has been three since i purchased it and it has not taken any trades. does it work only on VPN?

User AvatarJuan Guirao
      Participant

EA’s should ideally run on a VPS (not a VPN, but a VPS). This is to prevent having issues due to power or internet outages in your home.

However, you should still be able to run the robot on your PC.

When you say it is not working, what exactly do you mean? What are you seeing?

User AvatarMILWARD
        Participant

Hi Jaun I appreciate your answer. what I meant was that it has been three days and it has not taken any trades I am not sure of what could be the reason but i did everything that was instructed on the video but it does not take any trades.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Milward,

Yes the robot will work on your pc. If you are using MT4 and there is a smiley face in the upper right corner of the chart then the robot is installed properly. If you are using MT5 and there is a blue hat in the upper right corner of the chart then the robot is installed properly.

If the robots were not installed properly you need to remove the robot. Make sure the Autotrading or Algotrading button is depressed and then install the robot.

If the robot is installed properly then you will need to give it more time for a trade to develop. Since you have been waiting for three days now I would expect a trade to develop anytime now.

If none of these solves your problem please let me know!

Alan,

User AvatarMILWARD
        Participant

thanks Alan i will try that

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

why is my ftmo robot opening hedging positions in one pair? buy and sell with the same pair at the same position?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Tanyeem,

MT4 will use hedging if your broker allows hedging.  MT5 can be setup for hedging or netting when it is installed.  There is an option to select netting.  You can ask your broker to switch your account to netting.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Hello

I have put the Robots in a Demo account for $10k. the robot GBP-AUD keeps detaching itself from the chart; please see the right side of the image with Red Line underlined. Where am I going wrong here? I have changed the magic number on all-

GBP-AUD

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

zoomed

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

The “Minimum equity protection” has been activated.  Reduce to a lower level.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
            Participant

Thanks Alan, how can it be possible as I have not started trading at all on $10k Demo acc, equity is still full on as $10k, what is it protecting 

User AvatarAlan Northam

The Minimum equity protection is protecting your account balance of $10,000.  So it is keeping your account from trading as trading could result in a loss which would then cause your account to fall below $10,000.  To get this EA to start trading it is necessary to reduce the Minimum equity protection level.  For example, reducing it to $9100 would keep your account from drawing down more than 10%.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply again. I have not touched any settings of EA provided and just placed them on the chart as others. I do not understand that why the settings for only this one – GBP AUD M15 are not correct in the set file that I use for $10k account. In fact, the set file provided has these settings below which doesn’t make sense for $10k. Where can I get the default settings from ? Can I simply match the setting from another Robot – e.g. EURUSD M15? Or rather reach out to support to provide me that. I am not in the stage where I would want to tweak it as per my own knowledge but rather trade with the one that Petko has decided for $10k account.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

The FTMO V5.1 robot setfiles for a 10K account are correct but they are different from the image you have provided.  Somehow, you did not load the correct setfile.  You should have been sent an email with a link for the correct setfiles and robots.  If you do not have these setfiles you will need to  contract support@eatradingacademy.com .

Also, you cannot just use setfiles for other EAs as the settings will not be correct.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Thanks Alan, my thoughts were same that I haven’t started trading and it was taken off the EA.

I have now asked the support to provide me the correct setfiles of that pair. The irony is that, any users who are downloading the robots and those setfiles, they will all have this error as I have now verified that the above settings in the screenshot is the setfile provided in that zip file.

Now, its the waiting game of when the support will come back to me. I might get my account connect to FXBlue meanwhile.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

After you get the setfile and load it into the EA show a screenshot and I will verify it is the correct file.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

Hi Alan

Have you seen the new video of Peko followed by emails to member. I got the access of FTMO Robot App website now. I suppose I can simply fill the desired values there and download the new setfiles in a zip folder.

User AvatarSammy Trader
              Participant

In fact, set files are not needed anymore if you use FTMO Robot App website. Now the question is that when I generate my new EA, what shall I do with already opened trades from the older version of EA before I remove the older EA and inject these new EA.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Sammy,

Yes, if you are going to use FTMO robots v6.0 you no longer need to load the set files.

As to whether or not to close open trades, that is a personal decision.  Maybe, leave the robots that are in profit continue to trade and let them hit their TP, and close out the losing trades, as an example of how to handle this situation.

Alan,

User AvatarJon Jenin
      Participant

Hi

I m testing v6 in multiple acc from different broker  in the same VPS …but it seem only 1 acc is opening trade…is there any limitation on account usage per VPS?

User AvatarAnna Bryja
      Participant

What is wrong with a FTMO Robot? I went through the instructions to install it but it seems it does not work install it but it seems it does not work

User AvatarAlan Northam

The FTMO robot is installed properly.  How long has the robot been installed?  If you just installed it within the last day or two you may need to give it more time to start placing trades.

Alan,

User AvatarAnna Bryja
      Participant

Hi Alan – thank you for your reply.

I installed the free version (EURUSD) of the FTMO robot yesterday, Friday the 12th. I just dont have the window I see on recording  (small square on the left hand side with details)

I have attached the print screen of my settings. Is the lot for the 200k  account ok to be 5.0 for EURUSD?

I need min 10% of income within 30 days.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Anna,

The FTMO V5.0 robot EURUSD has been in a losing trend over the last two weeks.  Now is not the time to start trading this robot.

Alan,

User AvatarAnna Bryja
      Participant

User Avatartekbd
      Participant

After upgrading to V6 i can no longer back test on TFF but i can on FTMO

Any suggestions

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi tekbd,

Petko uses the FREE FTMO demo account to backtest. He will then take the best performing Expert Advisors and use them on other prop firms such as TFF.

Alan,

User AvatarRichard Lawrie
      Participant

Good day FTMO Robot Team

I trust you are doing well

I purchased the FTMO robot earlier today.

It has just opened it’s first positions on my 100k FTMO Demo account.

I am trialing the robot on Demo before I add it to a live account.

AUD/USD & USD/CAD opened positions today but I noticed that 2 of the same positions were opened on each of these pairs.

Is this normal or is there perhaps a setting that I need to change? My Demo account is also connected to a VPS.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Lawrie

South Africa

User AvatarGilles Ruelens
      Participant

How many tabs are open on your meta trader? (with the FTMO robot activated)

Participant

I only have 1 tab open for each pair.

I have traded EA’s in the past and have never had this problem so I assumed 2 positions were just opened on each pair due to the EA.

2 positions opened on USDCAD at the exact same price & 2 positions opened on AUDUSD at the exact same price. Just worried this is not normal and puts me at higher risk.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Richard,

Are you using MT5 hedging account. If so this is most likely the reason.

Alan,

Participant

Thank you Alan

Appreciate the response

Is there anyway I can change this to a non hedging account? I got a FTMO 100k demo account and I logged into that with the FTMO MT5

Another thing… Am I able to close trades manually because I tried to close 1 of the positions of each pair now and I can’t seem to close them manually.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Richard,

On second thought I don’t think the hedging account is the problem.  Do you have Metatrader running on both your home pc and on the VPS?  Do you have the robots running on both the home pc and the VPS?

Alan,

User AvatarHandel Streete
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>
      Hello Traders!

Anyone here using thinkmarkets broker with FTMO V6?

If so, whats your results so far?

Participant

Hey Alan

Thank you for the response.
      I really appreciate it.

Yes I was running both on my Laptop and on the VPS.

I have closed MT5 on my laptop now and the EA’s are only running on my VPS.
      Let’s see if this works.

Thanks again

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Richard,

Yes, that was the reason you were getting 2 open trades for the same currency pair.  You will now only get one open trade for each currency pair.

Alan,

User AvatarCraig
      Participant

Hi All, got an issue with the V6 FTMO robot on MT5

Getting this message

2024.01.24 15:00:00.320 FTMO Robot v6.0 10k Low USDCAD M30 2070484870 (USDCAD.pro,M30) Error with OrderCheck: Invalid volume

Its on a 5K account so have downloaded the 10k with low risk and removed the min account balance and max account balance.

I have re-downloaded and compiled again but no lukc, Any suggetions?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Craig,

I think this is an issue with MT5.  I think I have seen this problem before and I thought I heard it was fixed.  I will forward this to support.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

That’s sound complicated. Is there even an acc like $5k?

User AvatarPatrick Verlee
      Participant

Hi there

I completed the compiling of all the downloaded EAs and attached each one to the correct timeframe

After attaching the chart, I notice the EA disconnects from the chart after little more than 1 minute. Any idea why ?

Did I miss anything at the installation ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Patrick,

This happens when the FTMO robots downloaded do not match up with the account balance. For example: If you have an account balance of $10,000 then with the FTMO app you need to select the account size before you download the EAs. You also need to select the correct Max Loss, Max Daily Loss, and the Profit target.

Alan,

Participant

Hi there

Here’s a screenshot where it says Expert Advisor turned off.

Participant

It’s an 80000 euro Account and the EA says 100000. Is that the issue ? You said it would automatically adapt. So I didn’t change anything in the EA now.

Let me know. Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Patrick,

What I said was it doesn’t matter if the account is in EUROs or USD. If you need any help adjusting your robots parameters let me know.

Do you want to set a price target where the robot will stop working?
        Do you want to set a specific account risk you where you will want the robot to stop working?

Let me know if I can help!

Happy to hear you got it working!

Alan,

Participant

I got it working Adam. thanks for the guidance

Keymaster

Hey Patrick, in a recent discussion Miroslav from our dev team explained why the FTMO Robot deactivates due to the ‘Minimum equity’ protection feature. The robot is designed with three key protections to align with Prop Challenge requirements: Daily loss, Minimum equity, and Maximum equity, with specified thresholds to manage risks effectively. For an account with a different size than the build-in you need to modify the protections and adjust entry lots. For 80,000 EUR account an easy solution would be to divide the relevant properties in the $100,000 robot file by 0.8 (80,000:100,000=0.8).

User Avatarphilippe ney
      Participant

Hello my robots are not getting the trades. started. and I keep getting this error message in my experts tab: error with ordercheck, trade disabled – only gold trades are going through for some reason?

User AvatarJESUS GUIZA
      Participant

I insist, the news filter is not filtering properly. There are news of moderate impact classified as high impact.

User Avatarfxbam
      Participant

I wonder if this is true? This could explain why my EAs (5 charts) haven’t been trading over the last 2 weeks. I’m going to disable news on all of them and see if that makes a difference. I’ll let you know if I see an improvement over the next week.

User Avatarsilvestre cardoso
      Participant

Hy the ftmo robot made a loss the minimum loss Was 500 I have attached the screenshot below please check Ftmo loss drawdown

User AvatarFrancesco Moro
      Participant

Hi!

every time I reinstall the EA it keeps saying “turned off”, my license is active.

settings

https://eatradingacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/249074/rvsrgrxrhnqxg71f4rycqt7dos4onizo.png

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Francesco,

In the upper left corner of your trading chart it shows the Minimum Equity protection has activated. This stops your account from trading. This happened because the Prop Firm robots you installed on your trading chart is for a 100K account, whereas, your account size is $50,000. You need to download the 50K robot and install it in your trading chart.

Alan,

User AvatarKonstantinos Borsis
      Participant

Do we need to allow for the indicators to show on screen for the EA to take trades or this is not affecting trading?

I have added 3 top performers from the app for the last 2 days have not opened any trades yet. Please advise.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Konstantino,

If you see a smiley face or a blue hat in the upper right corner of the trading chart then the EAs are installed properly and you just need to give the EAs more time to take trades.

Alan,

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

how do i install the ea? i have downloaded it but when i try to install onto my chart, it opens the source code in metaeditor, i thought it would install directly onto my chart like other EA?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Paul4x,

After you add the EAs to Metatrader close Metatrader and then re-0pen it.  You should now see the EAs in the Navigator window.  Once you see the EAs in the Navigator window you can then install them onto the trading chart.

Alan,

User AvatarKonstantinos Borsis
      Participant

After downloading the mql file and opening it in the Metaeditor, you would need to compile it for the EA file to be created. This will add the corresponding EA file right above the mql file in the same folder/location you have your mql file at. You can then transfer/copy-paste the newly created EA file to your MT5 terminal data folder -> mql5 -> experts.

After that close the window and then refresh the experts list in your MT5 by right click in the navigator experts list tab then click refresh. This will bring the new EA in the list ready for you to add to the corresponding chart. I hope this helps.

User Avatarpaul4x
        Participant

thanks, yes successfully loaded the bot, however it appears to remove itself after 1 minute from the chart.
        says current position closed and EA is turned off?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Paul4x

This happens because the robots you downloaded do not match the account size so the robots turned themselves off to protect your account.  For example, if you have a $10,000 account then you need to download the robots for a $10,000 account.  Which robots did you install?  Can you show a screenshot?

Alan,

User Avatarpaul4x
            Participant

fixed the issue, i am running it on my darwin account that was hit by the gold investor loss and my min equity was higher than actual account balance.

Viewing 112 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart