Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Prop Firm Robots FTMO Robot V5.1 is Live!

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Author

Dear traders,

We know how important safety is when it comes to Prop Firms which is why we’ve updated the FTMO Robot to include a whole extra pack of protections!

In the inputs you will find:

Entry Protections:

• Max spread
      • Max open positions
      • Max open Lots

These protections are for the new signals that come from the robots. If the Spread is higher than 30 pips, for example, the trade won’t be open.

Account Protections:

• Max daily Loss
      • Min equity
      • Max equity

Read more about each one below!

In addition, we’ve added the Stats section, where you can set the statistics you want to see over the graph.

Maximum daily loss

It is a total loss from midnight.
      Daily loss = total profit of closed positions + current floating profit
      Daily loss % = 100 * Daily loss / Initial account

This metric is reset at midnight.

The corresponding validation criterion is Maximum daily loss %. It has a default value of 5%, which corresponds to $500 for an initial account of $10000.

The “Maximum daily loss %” is relative to the Initial account. That is. 5% will be $500 for the complete backtest.

Maximum loss

This is the maximal loss relative to the initial account. It is not a Drawdown.

The corresponding validation criterion is Maximum loss %. It has a default value of 10%, which corresponds to $1000 for an initial account of $10000.

Maximum loss = Initial account – Minimal equity
      Maximum loss % = 100 * Maximum loss / Initial account

Maximum Equity

This protection is to secure the profits when the account reaches Target. The trade will close, and the EAs will be removed from the charts.

Everyone who purchased the FTMO Robot will receive an e-mail with the new login details later today.

Please test it and let us know if you find any bugs!

Cheers,

Petko A

User Avatardusktrader
      Participant

Can you please clarify the difference between these settings:

• Account Percent Stop (default is set to 4.9)
      • Stop trading at min account (default is set to 0)
      • Ensure maximum Stop Loss [point] (default is set to 0)

Ideally I would like to know how to achieve this:

• ensure bot ever exceeds 5% daily loss
      • ensure bot stops trading before exceeding a lifetime drawdown such as 15%

Thank you

User AvatarOlivier Roversp
      Participant

Good news !

User AvatarGranit Mustafa
      Participant

do we need to remove the old robots and to put the new ? or just tu upload the  “set file”

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes, remove the old EAs and install the new ones.

Alan,

User AvatarKris
      Participant

Nice improvements to the robot!

Maybe I’m missing something, but you show a screenshot with Min and Max equity, but nothing with “Maximum loss” which you are explaining. I can’t seem to find that setting in the robots either.

Can you help me out here?

User AvatarPranav Mundada
      Participant

I have bought FTMO Course, so where can I find the new update on dashboard?

At the end of the course, there is a lecture called The Latest FTMO Robot. There is a link to all versions of the FTMO Robot.

User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

can’t find the link please provide me here or in my gmail gazitan98@gmail.com

also i have complained about me having an issue with the website.

User AvatarAlan Northam

You should get an email with a link for V5.1.  If you don’t receive an email contact support@eatradingacademy.com.

Alan,

User AvatarWealth
      Participant

Hi,

I’m backtesting some of the bots and some are opening BUYS/SELLS at the same time. Some prop firms do not like this.

How can I change the settings?

I don’t see how I can change it inside the inputs section.

Thanks.

I gues it happens with the different assets, right? This is if you trade all of them.

User AvatarWealth
          Participant

No, it’s one bot at a time when I’m testing. This is against the rules for some prop firms.

How can I switch it off so It only takes a long or a short and is not hedged?

I’m trying to find it inside the inputs area but it won’t let me do it. Can you please help figure out how to switch hedging off so I don’t violate any prop-firm rules?

Thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

You would have to go into the source code and change one line of code.

Alan,

User AvatarWealth
              Participant

Okay, awesome.

Can you please help me figure out what line of code is that? and what I need to add to activate it and di-activate it?

Alos, I’m not sure if you work here. But do you if we can ask for this feature so we can click activate or di-activate inside the inputs area?

Thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Contact support@eatradingacademy.com and ask for a feature change.

Alan,

User AvatarWealth
              Participant

V5.1 for MT5 needs to be edited and have hedging turned off. People will lose challenges for rules violations if the bot takes a hedged trade. Can you guys please edit this script ASAP? With your software, that should take 5-10 minutes. For a coder this a simple easy task.

I’m not a professional coder but I know a little bit and this is a simple easy fix. Please have the developers take care of it ASAP or people will lose their accounts.

Thank you

User AvatarAlan Northam

With hedging MT5 can open a long and a short trade for the same robot at the same time.  With netting MT5 can either open a long trade or a short trade with the same EA but not both at the same time.  The EAs / robots do not determine if hedging is used.  When you open an account with your broker and chose to use MT5 typically you have the option to select hedging.  To change from hedging to netting you need to contact your broker and have your account changed to netting.

Alan,

User Avatarnguyenqh.mt
      Participant

Honestly, why not zip all file in the download folder Petko, I have to click download each set file for each Pair. It cost me a day to do it. lol

—-

Ah Sorry, I saw The set file folder already in the zip file. Nice work

User Avatarakvelarde
      Participant

Thanks for the update Petko. But I noticed something with the EA, it automatically closes trades based on stop loss? It would be good if we know that the trade was automatically closed by the bot and show up in the logs?

User AvatarChris Popov
      Participant

Any idea why on some pairs the dashboard shows “Account Stats” and on others it shows “Expert Stats”? For example:

User Avataryouaregreat77
      Participant

Hello Petko,

How come my forum topic has been removed “Keen to get FTMO Robot V5”?

Please help.

Thank you.

User AvatarNicholas Grobler
      Participant

Awesome. Looking forward to getting this set up.
      Does the new bot come with setting files as well for different account sizes?
      I do not have a 100% understanding of some new settings to be able to make an educated decision…

User Avataranthony attwood
      Participant

I joined last week and V5.0 gave me very disappointing results. Hopefully these tweaks will prove productive

User AvatarArik Shahar
      Participant

Hi,
      I installed the new version (5.1) of the robots but when I try to run them I get an error message. Only the XAUUSD robot works (there is a smiling face). All other bots don’t work and I get the attached message.
      Please advise,

User AvatarAlan Northam

This is not an error message. It is a message informing you that the account loss fell enough to trigger the Minimum Equity value which then closed the position and turned off the EA so it would no longer trade which could have caused a greater loss if it did not turn off the EA from trading. What lot size were you using for this EA? It should have been set to 0.7 lots. If it was set to 0.7 lots for AUDCHF with account size of 50K then you might consider reducing the lot size so this does not happen again.

Alan,

User AvatarDylan Mueller
      Participant

Hey guys i didnt update the robots to V5.1. I did reload my V5 robots into EA Studio from my harddrive using the validator and once modified i have placed them onto MT4 and MT5. The interesting thing for me is these robots have still compiled with stats screens and the account protection inputs from V5.1. Is this because these settings are standard in EA studio now? or does the robot automatically update to newest file somehow?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I think what you are seeing is leftover objects on the chart.  Right click on the chart and go to Object List.  Then delete all objects.  See if this removes the stats from the chart.

Alan,

User AvatarDylan Mueller
      Participant

Hey Alan that is definitely not it, somehow the robots have updated to the new version. I notice on MT5 the robot isnt reversing trades properly to, it opens a long then leaves the long open and opens a short on the next signal. is anyone else having this problem?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I never heard of loading an EA into EA Studio and it changing the EA into a different version.  I always reset EA Studio before using it so maybe try resetting EA Studio before loading an EA into it and maybe this will keep EA Studio from changing the EA into a different version.

If MT5 is set up for Hedging instead of Netting you can see both long and short positions for the same EA.  If MT5 is setup for hedging you will need to have your broker change it to Netting.  Note, MT4 only does netting so it will only place either a long or a short trade for each EA but not both long and short at the same time.

Alan,

User AvatarDylan Mueller
      Participant

So After more investigation it appears that EA studio has updated there code to include news filter etc and the new MT5 code being generated does not work properly however mt4 is fine. For now i have gone back to older bots that i had before the new updates and they appear to be working fine on mt5. Something to be aware of for you guys Alan.

User Avatarakvelarde
      Participant

Which pairs are you using? Mine is totally the opposite, v5.1 is taking losing trades..compare to the previous version. You can’t just replace the existing version as 5.1 has a different set of parameters

User AvatarCarlos Benavides
        Participant

Yeah all losing trades on my test as well 5 in a row.

User AvatarCarlos Benavides
        Participant

It may be because it is December as well which usually sucks for normal trading strategies since the market is ranging better to use grid martingale bots this time of the year.

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Hello.
      I’m trying to install the latest version of the robot, but I can’t complete the process. I have never had and I have never used Petko robots before. I have installed and used trading robots before, but I can’t manage with this one.
      I really want to put it into operation. Is it possible to receive a much more detailed pdf or video? I’ve been struggling for a few days. For example, I placed the robot on the chart, but when I load set files the robot disappears from the chart. I am not sure that I installed the set files correctly in MQL5. Also, I’m not sure that I compiled the robot correctly in MetaEditor, because the robot was already appearing in the Navigator before compiling. I don’t know if I change the Magic Number where I should, because the new name appears in one place, but the old name also appears.
      I have other concerns and please help me to solve them.

I don’t know if it’s ok that I wrote here, but I also send by email to support@eatradingacademy.com
      Thank you very much.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Petko just published a video on how to install FTMO V5.1 robots and how to use them.  Here is the link address:

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/is-the-robot-available-for-multiple-funded-accounts/#post-219126

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Thanks a lot, Alan.

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Hi Alan and Petko.
      If you can help me, please.
      To make the robot unique, I changed the envelope deviation from 0.07 to 0.08, on USDCHF. I used 0.07 on FTMO demo account and 0.08 on my broker account.
      But on the first trade open, in both cases the trade opened at exactly the same price, 0.87663.
      My question is if it should be modified more or if the period should also be modified and not just the deviation.
      Because if the robot opens the trade at exactly the same price, the entries are no longer unique.

By the way, my tests showed that the most profitable pairs are EURAUD, XAUUSD and USDCHF.
      What are your results?

Thank you so much.

User AvatarAlan Northam

As far as your broker account is concerned you do not need to make the robot unique.

As for FTMO, I really wouldn’t worry about making the robots unique there either.  There has to be a total of all accounts using the same robot mounting to $400,000 before FTMO becomes concerned.  If there is a total of all accounts mounting to $400,000 you will receive an email asking you to modify your robot.  It is only if you do not modify your robot that FTMO would cancel your account.  So until you receive an email from FTMO I wouldn’t worry about making the robots unique.

I have not yet installed v5.1 on an account so I don’t have any trade results to share.  I have decided to wait until after the first week of January to start any new trading accounts as I am expected the balance of the year to have low volatility.

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
          Participant

Thank you very much for the answer.
          However, I would appreciate it if you could explain how I can make the robot unique. That’s because I don’t use FTMO, but another prop firm. And that account on which I installed the robot is on a challenge account. I would not want to pass Phase 1 and not be recognized for this because of the use of the robot.
          Thank you so much.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Sorry, I thought you were using FTMO as you were saying you were using the FTMO demo account.  To make the robot unique just change some of the indicator parameters slightly as you have shown in your earlier post.  The robot should continue to work well.  You can also change the lot size but this will change your account risk.

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Yes, that’s what I did. As I said in the first comment, I changed the envelope deviation from 0.07 to 0.08, on USDCHF. I used 0.07 on FTMO demo account and 0.08 on my challenge account at a different prop firm.
      But on the first trade open, in both cases the trade opened at exactly the same price, 0.87663.
      My question is if it should be modified more than 0.01 (which would seem like a lot to me, I already increased by 15%) or if the period should also be modified and not just the deviation.
      Because if the robot opens the trade at exactly the same price, the entries are no longer unique. I changed the lot size and sl, tp.

User AvatarAlan Northam

I think the fact that both opened at exactly the same price might just be a coincidence.  It would be interesting to see if they do it again.  You can change the period if you want.

Which prop firm are you using so I can check on their policy on multiple traders using the same robot?

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Thanks.

User Avatarsmartkary
      Participant

HI,

I am trying to use FTMO V5.1 EA on a brand new FTMO trial 50K.
      However it keeps showing error: Expert Advisor turned off

User AvatarAlan Northam

Evidently you have not set up the set files correctly.  I have added a snipit of the set files below for referrence:

Account_prot=——
        MaxDailyLoss=2450
        Min_Equity=45050
        Max_Equity=55005

Note, Max Equity should be set to 55005.  I think perhaps you set it to 50000 or 50005.  What this does is to close the trade and remove the robot once you have passed the challenge.  What can happen if this is not set correctly is the trade could pass above the 10% target to pass the challenge and then fall back below this price target in which case you would not have passed the challenge.  By setting this according to the setfiles once your account moves above the 10% price target to pass the challenge it will close the trade and remove the robot so that the account will not fall back below the 10% price target to pass the challenge.  This is a protection to make sure once price moves above the 10% target you will pass the challenge.

Alan,

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

This happens after you install setfiles, right?
      Before that it works. That’s what happened to me. And I didn’t install setfiles anymore, I changed the few parameters manually.

User Avatarsmartkary
        Participant

yes, after installing SET files. Hope we get correct updated set files for using on FTMO.

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

There are only a few parameters to change. Do it yourself, manually. Stop installing setfiles.

That’s what I did.

User Avatarriccardo moschino
      Participant

Buonasera, chi mi aiuta??? acquistato  oggi, non appena metto gli inputs dell’ EA me lo rimuove. I test sono un disastro, sono disperato

User AvatarAlan Northam

It is most likely because the maximum equity in the robot properties box is not set up correctly for you account size.  You can find the correct settings in the setfiles.

Here is a video that shows how to setup the FTMO v5.1 robot:

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/is-the-robot-available-for-multiple-funded-accounts/#post-219126

If you have further questions post them below.

Alan,

Participant

No, i settagi sono stati copiati dai file set, dal video e dalla guida. Non vengono guori nemmeno gli indicatori e i test fanno pena

Aiuto!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Please show a screenshot of all the robot properties box settings.  All of them!  Also, what is your account size?

Alan,

Participant

Certo. Mando gli screen senza toccare. Non appena modifico gli input o carico il file set da 50 K me lo butta fuori dal grafico. Conto da 40 K euro mt4

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Certo. Mando gli screen senza toccare. Non appena modifico gli input o carico il file set da 50 K me lo butta fuori dal grafico. Conto da 40 K euro mt4</p>

User AvatarAlan Northam

OK, the properties looks correct.  Did you install the robot correctly?  The proper way is to turn on the Auto Trading button first and then install the robot.  If you did not install the robot in this order then remove the robot and reinstall.

Alan,

Participant

Niente, non va😥😥🥺

Participant

Anche i test, non so cosa sbaglio ma sono proprio deluso.. Eurusd con file set

User AvatarAlan Northam

It looks like the robot is working.  The problem is that EURUSD is not being profitable.  The following link will help you know how to trade the FTMO v5.1 robots:

https://eatradingacademy.com/forums/topic/how-to-trade-the-ftmo-v5-1-robots/#post-219413

Alan,

Participant

Se funzionasse come da voi mostrato aprirebbe le posizioni, invece niente. Non apre nemmeno gli indicatori. Vorrei un aiuto

Participant

Non ci sono video su questo. Ogni quanto apre le posizioni? Quante al giorno?

Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Buonasera. Con un capitale di 40.000, 00 che ecquiti e loss metto? Grazie mille lele</p>

User AvatarAlan Northam

To set up the robots correctly refer to the setfiles for a $50,000 USD account.

Alan,

Participant

Come si chiede il rimborso?

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

I present today’s performances of the robot.
      15K account, phase1.

Participant

Ma come fai? Aiutami perché non so più cosa fare. Io in 3 giorni ha perso 126 euro

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

I did everything Petko explained in the video.
      From my tests, the best performing robots are on EURAUD, USDCHF, XAUUSD.
      These 3 robots have been live for two days.
      Take it slowly, patiently, do everything in order. Trust me, it works.
      I also found it difficult, but I spent a lot of time to understand how things work. The fact that I watched almost all of Petko’s videos on YoyTube in which he talks about robots helped me a lot.
      Of course, the robots will lose some of the trades. The important thing is that in the long term they win more than they lose.

User AvatarYassin Aidari
      Participant

Good evening everyone, how can we deal with the robot during these days when many reports are issued and influence the robot to enter into more profitable deals? Because I noticed last week, through my experience with the robot, that it was giving me good profits compared to this week, in which it seemed that it was no longer able to identify profitable trades, to the point that almost all trades consisted of losers. is there any solution I can do to avoid losing trades?

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

I asked Alan and indirectly Petko to periodically give us the list of the best performing robots. Anyway, they are continuously testing these robots and I think this would help us all a lot. In this way we can share our results and correct our mistakes.

I hope they will respond positively to my request.
      If you also think that my idea is helpful, please express yourself here, maybe we will convince them.

Participant

Il più performante è eurusd e eurcad. Come mmai abbiamo dati diversi

Participant

Trovo la cosa abbastanza complessa.. Il take profit troppo tipo. Non capisco se sbaglio

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

It is not normal for tests done by different people to give different results. Beyond the spread and slippage, the results should be the same. From my tests on the free account at FTMO, the best performers are EURAUD, USDCHF, XAUUSD. I don’t understand how you did the tests, but for me EURUSD has the worst performance among all 8.

I suggest you write in English. Here are people from all over the globe and they would all understand more easily.

User Avatargabiscriba
      Participant

Now I’m already thinking that maybe I didn’t do the tests correctly either.

I think it would be helpful if other users of the robot would share their results here.

User AvatarAlan Northam
      User AvatarTanyeem gazi
      Participant

why is my ftmo robot opening hedging positions in one pair? buy and sell with the same pair at the same position?

Participant

Quale, per voi, è il più performante?

Participant

User AvatarYassin Aidari
      Participant

Good evening , I have been trying to contact you via email since last week regarding the robot refund but no one is answering my messages..

User AvatarJonDiz
      Participant

Hi

Quick question, how come on a different broker trial the FTMO 5.1 takes trades but on the FTMO trial and challenge running almost 2 weeks and no trades on both, how is that. same settings. Is this normal  for the robot.

Thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

I have two open and six closed trades over the last week on a FREE FTMO demo account.  You most likely have an issue with the installation of the robots.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
      Participant

Hi,

I have bought the FTMO Robots and been given incorrect set files. I am trying to contact Support but no response so far. Is there anywhere else I can escalate if support@eatradingacademy.com is not replying back.

Emails Sent:

Subject: Incorrect set files are provided
      Sent on 02-Jan 13:32 GMT

and

Subject Re:Need help?
      Sent on 31st Dec at 15:33 GMT

User Avatarakvelarde
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just curious to see if any of you guys had a breakthrough with the FTMO bot yet?

User AvatarBrian Pelton
        Participant

I haven’t purchased the FTMO Robot but have been testing numerous robots from the 21 Day Course with the same testing process. I’ve had no luck so far

User AvatarSammy Trader
        Participant

I am testing the new FTMO robots. The link that was given to download, one setfile do not have the correct settings for $10k account so I am waiting to hear back from support, to give me the correct file. So far, I am wasting money on VPS.

User Avatarpaul4x
      Participant

can i ask why the TP are so hign on these bots? i ahve 4 trades runnig at the moment on the trial 8bots and in profit for 1200, but the TP are so far away, i dont want to manually step in as the idea is too see how they perform and select the best ones, but the market can turn quick, so taking TP at a lower price would be better long term surely?

User AvatarBrian Pelton
        Participant

I think what you could do is set an alert to your phone when a trade is executed, then if you understand trading you can then see where it opened a trade and see if it’s near a supply demand etc. You could also do this to adjust tp etc but keep in mind this advice would be for experienced traders only.

I would certainly close any profits. Especially with events like interest rates, FOMC etc.

User Avatargabiscriba
        Participant

I would close half and set a trailing stop.

User Avatarpaul4x
          Participant

yep its just that these are the trial bots to see which ones perfomr better for starting a proper challenge, so dont want to muck around with them too much and skew the data

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Paul4x,

The robots are created such that over many trades they will provide optimum return.  Changing the settings will most likely result in less than optimum return over many trades.  It is best to demo trade all the robots over a one to two week period and then pick the top performer or up to the top three performers to trade on a Challenge.

Alan,

User AvatarSammy Trader
          Participant

Thanks for this, I was thinking myself that why there was no trailing stop. But will rather test on the given settings.

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart