Home Forums 21 Day Program EAs first course

Global Prime
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Hi, I have the 5 EAs from the first course running for more than a week and they keep losing, is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Boyan,

Yes it is possible to EAs to have a period of losing. Monitoring the performance of EAs over just a one week period is not sufficient to determine the long term outlook for the EA. Monitoring for a month will give a better understanding as to whether or not the EAs will continue to be profitable of should be replaced.

Alan,

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I also noticed a mistake I made. I put the usdgbp EA on the eurjpy pair, do you think this might contributed to the loss? Infixed it anyway. Thanks!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Boyan,

Sometimes an EA will work on a different pair and sometimes not.  So it is hard to say if the EA in question contributed to some of the loss without doing further analysis.  The way I would check to see if the EA contributed to the loss would be to do a backtest of the EA on both pairs.  Then you can look at the results of both backtests to see if the EA contributed to some of the loss when attached to the wrong pair.  You can use the MetaTrader Strategy Tester to do the backtest but EA Studio would give a more accurate backtest.

Also, now that I think about it more, you can do a backtest on the 5 EAs for the last one month and then look at the resulting graph to see if the EAs are in a nice upward profitable trend.  This would give you an idea if the EAs are being profitable over the longer term and that they are just going through a short term drawdown.

Alan,

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Hi Alan,

thanks for the reply. I also noticed that the EURJPY M15 is not performing as good as it is in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u_9eHlSPU . I also noticed that the one I downloaded has different setting than in the video – SL 100 and TP80 vs. SL70 and TP13 in the video. I know the EAs get updated, but with the new relation between SL and TP it did not hit the TP that often. How often do the EAs get updated? And one more thing – I have a MT4 Duksacopy demmo account and I tried to create an ‘investor’ password under Option in MT4 to link the account with FXblue and Myfxbook, but it is not working, what might be the reason? Tnaks!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Boyan,

I do not know if the 5 EAs from the first course get updated they might just be for practice.  You would have to contact support@eatradingacademy.com to find out if those EAs get updated.

To create an investor pw you also have to put in your main pw as well.

Alan,

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Thanks Alan,

unfortunatelly the creation of the investor password is not working even though I put in my main password. As I hit OK to exit the window nothing happens. Could it be a MT4 glitch?

best regards

Boyan

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Boyan,

I always use the Publisher mode with FXblue, you do not use the investor pw with the publisher mode.  Plus with the publisher mode you get faster updates from your MetaTrader terminal.

Alan,

User Avatarfahd arroub
      Participant

Hello, I have found that the robot opens trades but it keeps them trades open for a few days, is this normal and when they close the trade?

User AvatarShaynaOrozco
        Participant

If your robot is keeping trades open for a few days, it’s probably following a strategy that’s meant for longer-term trading. It should close these trades when they meet certain goals or conditions that were set up in the robot’s programming, like hitting a profit target or stopping a loss at a certain point.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart