Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Top 10 EAs Expert Advisor is turned off. Equity Protection Activated

Global Prime
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarOliver Grasset
      Participant

Hello,

Today, after downloading the best 10 EAs as portfolios and dropping them in the correct charts, they didn’t stick; they disappeared. This is very annoying.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Oliver,

This normally occurs when the account protections have been activated.  You can find the account protections in the robots properties box.  If you can provide a screenshot of the upper left corner of the trading chart and the properties box showing the account protections I can help further!

Alan,

Participant

I’m not sure what you mean, but here’s a screenshot…

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Oliver,

As I thought, the Minimum equity protection has been activated.  This shows the account balance is below 888002.  You need to make adjustments to Max spread, Minimum equity, and Maximum daily loss.  You can set these to zero to get the account trading but you won’t have any protections.  If this is a prop firm you can get these protection level requirements from them.  If it is a brokerage account then you need to decide what protection levels you are willing to accept.

Alan,

Participant

I guess I’m stupid yeah?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Oliver,

Not stupid, just learning.  We all go through it!

Alan,

Participant

So what, I need $888002 to run your bots?

Participant

Anyway, I put all the bots back from last week, and they work. The new bots I downloaded this morning don’t work, so that’s even more confusing. I still don’t know how to:

You need to make adjustments to Max spread, Minimum equity, and Maximum daily loss.  You can set these to zero to get the account trading but you won’t have any protections. 

Can you send me a video?

Participant

Participant

That’s working now. I set everything to 0 as I have a drawdown bot that protects my account. Thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Oliver,

Have you tested the drawdown bot to make sure it works?  Maybe just set it slightly below current price so that if you get a small drawdown it will close the EAs.  This would be a good test before setting a lower trigger level and then finding out it doesn’t work as advertised.  It is wise to test it to make sure it works.

Alan,

Participant

Hey Alan, that’s a good idea. I’m also running this portfolio on a demo account, so if the DD bot fails, I won’t lose any real money. Thanks for your help and tip!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Oliver,

That’s a good strategy to start with a demo account!  Keep up the good work!

Alan,

User AvatarDavid Correa
      Participant

Hello Fellow Traders,

I have a concern with 3 of the Bots from EURUSD, XAUUSD, BTCUSD from Top 10 App. The Bot’s are applied on the chart. However, there is a message in the chart that says, that bots are turned off. I am also attaching a screenshot for quick reference.Bot Issues

Can someone help me with the same please?

Thank you in advance for the support.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi David,

The text in the graphic says “Minimum equity protection activated”.  This happens to protect your account from further loss.  You need to change the “Minimum equity (currency) setting in the EA properties box.

Alan,

User AvatarDavid Correa
      Participant

Hello Alan,

Thank you so much for your a timely response. I will work on the changes and check if the bots are running smoothly.

What’s the best setting I can set up for the same?

Regards,

David

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart