Home Forums 21 Day Program Share your experience and results!

Global Prime

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Hey traders,

In this topic, you are welcome to share your experience from the 21-day program. I, the other mentor, and the moderators are here to help you. As well 100s of experienced traders we have in the Forum. So do not hesitate to share your results!

User AvatarJérémie Roussell
      Participant

Good day,

I am on day 4, The result on MT4 are not great but I started the 21 days on a Friday evening with a holiday Monday (I am from Canada). This morning the 3 Portfolios Expert are generating profitable trades.

I believe that Oanda in Canada has too much spread, I will try FPmarkets for the next step of the 21 days.

I am very happy with all the courses and the useful material.

kind regards,

User AvatarJérémie Roussell
      Participant

Now 11:08 my time and both accounts are positive. Lovely EA’s 🙂

Hey Jeremie,

Glad to hear from you! Yes, give it always more time. There will constantly be losing and profitable days, but the most important is looking at the big picture and finding the best way to manage the EAs.

Is FP Markets accepting clients from Canada?

User Avatarpierce201
      Participant

Hi,

thank you for the EA´s and lots of examples in your course. Except one of my EA´s all are making profits and with a bit of twaeking they work very well I have to say. I use FP MArkets in Bulgaria and am happy about the results so far. Thank you again.

Chris

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Chris,

Its good to hear you are having success with the EA’s.  Can you share which course you are referring to and more about the results, such as, how much profit over what time frame and why you had to make some tweeks and what tweeks you made, etc.  I am sure other traders would like to know more about your success.  Please share!

Alan,

User Avataryvnkmr
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

Today is 4th day of algorithmic trading. Just sharing my results of 2 demo accounts having different lot size.

Demo Account 1
      Balance $25k
      Lot Size per trade: 0.25 lot

User Avataryvnkmr
        Participant

Demo Account 2
        Balance $25k
        Lot Size per trade: 0.10 lot

User AvatarJoao Prata
      Participant

Hi Traders,

After 4 days of algorithmic trading using the 5 EAs in MT4, the results are not great.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Joao,

Trading goes through periods of gains and period of loss.  In the long term with our EAs the gains will be greater than the losses.  Give it a few weeks and you should see some nice profits.   I have a demo FTMO account I share in the Prop Firm area of the forum where you can follow my results.  In this account it did good for the first several weeks and made a 7% profit.  Then over the last month it as lost 1% giving me a total profit since the beginning of August of 6%.  I expect in the months ahead this demo account will once again provide some nice profits.  Successful trading comes with time so hang in there!

FTMO DEMO

Alan,

User Avatar0xBitpool
        Participant

Give it some time 🙂 4 days is definitely not enough

User AvatarOrlando Stevenson
      Participant

Hello – for manual rather than EA  trading, any suggestions for a low cost or free chart-based MetaTrader  add-on to help size, e.g. risking one percent, execute, and manage  trades?

User AvatarChris Landry
      Participant

Hello

I am a new student for the 21 day challenge.

Right now with the default settings I have an unrealized profit of $131 on the account which is really cool to see.

I have a question.. for the GBPUSD 1M EA .. I noticed that the default settings is .01 lots.. Do I have this correct (as its a lower time frame bot the default settings is .01 for less risk? or is this suppose to be set to .10 lots.

At first I was a bit confused on doing set lot sizes, as I have been doing manual trades and I have a lot size calculator that auto calculates the lot size to risk only a % of the account per trade or risk a set $ amount per trade… However from what I am seeing in this course we are focused on a consistent set lot size?  And the losses and wins have some variety based on the distance from our entry to the stop loss? or we could also calculate this and have a different lot size per EA that would reflect how much we want to risk per trade and have all of our losses the same amount of the SL is hit?

Looking forward to continue my education here… I have seen auto trading bots and algos perform well in the past then fail as market conditions change.. its encouraging to see here that we update the bots every month based on performance and we diversify with lots of bots at once.

EA Results

User AvatarChris Landry
      Participant

I think I figured it out.. so these bots have pre determined MAX STOP LOSSES in PIPS so we can calculate our lot size based on how much we want to risk in $ per trade using a standard lot size calculator / risk calculator.

So if I was trading this live, and I wanted to risk a maximum of $25 per trade .. my lot size would be .03 lots (based on a standard position size calculator) . the 100 pips for stop loss I am assuming this is a hard stop loss amount… So I could calculate this for each EA and have it so all my trades max loss would be $25.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for posting the question. Yes, you can use any calculator to decide how much you want to trade depending on the risk tolerance and account size.

However, in the courses, we keep it at 0.1 when it is an individual EA and 0.01 when it is a portfolio Expert.

Usually, in the portfolio expert, there are 10 EAs, so if they all open 0.01, it will be 0.1. We take it as a ‘one’ strategy.

Let me know if that answers the question.

User AvatarChris Landry
        Participant

Hello Petko

Yes this helps. After running on demo for a month I now have a stronger foundation on how the lot sizes and maximum losses roughly will be.

Thank You for responding. Going to work on the 21 day challenge again this month. I went live on the 5 EAs in the course on a smaller account this month. Excited to continue to learn and learn more.

Cheers

Chris

User AvatarFabian Kaeser
      Participant

Hello Petko

First i want to say Thank you for your very nice Cours. I love them and I love Algo Trading. I have tried a lot of robots in the past, most of them free of charge. Unfortunately, 95% of them are useless. Your 5 EAs are really great. I have already made over 5% profit in three days. Soon I will start them in a real Account or even in a Challange.

But the Portfolio EA`s from ” Last Month best Robots + 30 EAs Every Month” that I got at Day 3 are not working i dont know why? I watched al Lessons it was really interesting. I did install the 3 Portfolio EAs like in the Course described. They are running now since 3 Days but it happen only 1 small Trade till now. I Think there is something wrong. I mean there are 30 Strategys inside and only one Trade happened till now?

Thank you for your Time and Effort.

User AvatarFabian Kaeser
      Participant

Look these are the Settings is hier something wrong? The Smylei is here and you can see only a Gain of 5 Dollar in 3 Days with all of the 3 Portfolios.

User AvatarBen Allen
      Participant

I’ve been enjoying the 21 day course and have been having great results with the expert advisors I generated with EA Studio. I was running my bots with a VPS and had the account connected to FX Blue so I can keep track of the performance. The balance had a gain of 3% and the equity had a gain of 13%. However, in the middle of my testing, my Demo account expired because the account had a 30 day limit. I was in the middle of about 14 trades, so this really screwed up my strategy and statistics because the EA’s weren’t able to close trades on the account. I think at this point it’s better for me to start fresh with a new demo account, and I am currently trying to get an account that doesn’t have a 30 day expiration.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Ben,

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the 21 day course and having great success using EA Studio. To get rid of the 30 day limitation of EA Studio you can purchase a copy of EA Studio from the following image:

Expert Advisor Studio

Alan,

User AvatarBen Allen
          Participant

Hi Alan, I wasn’t talking about the free trial of EA Studio. I meant the 30 day limit that was placed on my MT4 demo account by my broker.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart