Home Forums Ready-to-use Robots Top 10 EAs Properties & Settings

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarMarin Stoyanov
      Keymaster

This topic focuses on in-depth conversations about the properties and settings of the Top 10 EAs. Discuss topics like take-profit levels, maximum spread protection, and any other configuration aspects. This topic is your go-to resource for configuring your EAs effectively.

User AvatarJanek
      Participant

Hi,

Do you use a fix spread protection for all pairs the same e.g. 30 points?
      Or individually for every pair? If individually how to calculate it?

Thanks,
      Janek

User AvatarMichael
      Participant

Hi,

I prefer to backtest on MT5. But to trade with MT4. Are the strategies in MT5 and MT4 folders matches each other?

So, for Nov set, is 3339890equal to 3341450, 3339891 to 3341451, etc?

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey Michael,

The EAs are identical for MT4 and MT5. When downloading them from EA Studio, we download an MT4 and MT5 version of the same strategy.

Cheers,

Ilan

User AvatarOliver Grasset
      Participant

Why is the take-profit useless in this screenshot?? What’s the point of that?

User AvatarNikos

Hello Oliver,

So, from what I can understand, the take profit was placed below the opening price of the position.

There is a reason for that and probably it’s because the trend changed the robot just placed the take profit a little below the opening price.

Another reason could be the spreads, you need to check what are the spreads of the account and what does the broker offers in spreads.

Hope that helps!

If you have any more questions, let me know!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User Avatardani schmitz
      Participant

So recently I got the xauusd trading ea’s and I saw that in properties at tp there is no tp set, my question is: do I need to put in a tp and so what is a good tp point or do they exit the trade themselves bc the eurusd bot has a tp and the gold bot did a trade, went in a good profit but it didn’t close it and a few hours later it hit the sl.

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

I already had the same problem. Why sometimes XAUUSD has TP, Sometimes TP shows 0 ?

User AvatarNikos

Hello Dani,

The robots should have a tp point set already but in case there is not one set as you mentioned, you just need to set it manually. In my opinion, a good tp point is about 2% but this is not a recommendation. You can set your own tp point with which you are happy!

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

in the properties, these is no TP parameter to adjust ,

please check and solve it.

I use the top 3 XAUUSD.

Participant

OK, well, I think it’s a failure for me. How do I get my money back?

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

As i use Portfolio. there is no parameter to adjust the TP.

Also What is the actual TP it set for the performance  to get the top 3 EA  or top 10 EA.

Not to tell us to set TP  by ourselves.

User AvatarNikos

Hello Stewart,

In the portfolio EA, you cannot change the tp but mostly the lot size but in the EAs the take profit parameter is set already!

If you use them individually, you can set the take profit and stop loss in the inputs as well as other inputs!

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

The EA should have TP set.

How can it get the top 3 XAUUSD EA if there is no TP parameters set.

So please you should check the TP parameters, not me to set by myself.

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

Please you download the top 3 EA XAUUSD  (monthly and weekly) by yourself and to see which one  has no TP set.

User AvatarNikos

The tp is set but what I meant is if you want to change it, you can do in the inputs but that is only in the individual EAs. There is no tp input in the portfolio EAs as they are set in the individual ones and the portfolio EAs are made by the single EAs.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

The following in XAUUSD top 3 Monthly has TP set 0.

Robot XAUUSD M15 2059931762.mq4  (Monthly )

User AvatarNikos

After checking, I can see that there is indeed this robot that you mentioned without TP.

However, please know that this strategy that the robot is set to work, is working better without tp. In this case, there are other rules that make the robot exit the position when they are all met.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User Avatarstewart
      Participant

Thanks!  That clear my questions.

User AvatarNikos

You are welcome!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User AvatarMiroslav Popov
      Participant

It is more simple than that.

Your broker, RoboForex, uses 5 decimal digits for the XAGUSD quotation.

On the other hand, the Top-10 strategies for XAGUSD are developed and tested on BlackBull data with 3 decimal digits.

In your case, you must simply add 2 zeroes to the SL and TP of your strategies for XAGUSD.

Participant

I should do that for the forex, too, right? I’m going to backtest everything on Roboforex Cent accounts now to make sure I get this right. I really want this to work. I have all of Petko’s courses on Udemy!

Participant

Please confirm, thanks

User AvatarMiroslav Popov
      Participant

The Forex symbols will most probably work out of the box.

Here are the quotation decimal digits we use:

• EURUSD – 5 digits
      • GBPUSD – 5 digits
      • USDCHF – 5 digits
      • EURGBP – 5 digits
      • EURJPY – 3 digits
      • USDJPY – 3 digits
      • XAUUSD – 2 digits
      • XAGUSD – 3 digits
      • USDBTC – 2 digits
      • ETHUSD – 2 digits

You can easily compare the decimal digits by looking at the prices in the ticker.

Please note that the SL and TP for the strategies are in Pips (not in Points).

Participant

Yep, it’s a pain. After backtesting everything, I’m glad I did; it’s a blood bath. Everything is in the red.

User AvatarAndrew G
      Participant

Hi – I have recently purchased the new Top 10 EAs App

After testing the EAs as part of a portfolio and selecting the profitable ones, how do you determine the lot size?

I always use a lot size calculator to assess the lots / account balance / desired risk – however to do this I need to know the distance the Stop Loss is set from Entry.  Without seeing the stop loss value I am unable to carry out this calculation.

Input is appreciated.  Thanks

User AvatarNikos

Hey Andrew,

So, regarding the lot size, that depends on the account size. For example in an account of ours that we have 500$ in, we trade 0.01 lot size. That is our preference as we think this is low risk trading.

To see the distance for the stop loss, it’s good if you use a risk or pips calculator as this should display the distance in pips so that you can set the correct pips for the stop loss on the pair you want to trade!

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

Participant

All the EAs I use from MQL5 work perfectly with Roboforex; believe me, I’ve tested hundreds of them, and I’ve never encountered this problem. So I don’t understand what you’re talking about. Can you send me a screenshot or a video of how I should change anything? For €895, I think I should deserve a clear explanation of what I’m doing wrong. I’m using everything out of the box, the latest best performing bots, but I’m clearly in the red… a bit of a joke…

User AvatarAndrew G
      Participant

Hi Nikos

Thank you for the response however that doesn’t answer the question.

To use a Lot Size Calculator the Stop Loss distance is required in pips. As the stop loss is not visible in the Portfolio EA then an accurate trade cannot be made.

The example of 0.01 lots to $500 does not set a trade with an accurate risk.

It seems as though the options are use the individual EAs to accurately determine lot size or use the Portfolio EAs and guess the lot size.

Cheers

User AvatarNikos

Hey Andrew,

I am really sorry for the late reply.

So, you can see this stop loss and take profit calculator here: https://www.fxblue.com/market-data/tools/sltp-calculator

You set the amount of your account, the lot size, the open price and the pair or instrument you want to trade and then that calculates the distance between the take profit and stop loss you need to have.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

Participant

Day 2, now I’m running it on a standard demo account, not a cent account… and the results speak for themselves LOL. Best 10 bots of the last 30 days… 

User AvatarNikos

Hey Oliver,

I see the results. In this case, I would ask you to also try in a different broker and see if that has different results. But it could be due to the market conditions as well.

You can see what brokers we are using and try to use the robots in one of them: https://eatradingacademy.com/trusted-brokers/

Kind Regards,
      Nikos

User AvatarPak
      Participant

Hi team,

Would you please to explain the protections feature in the Portfolio EAs please?

Also any tips and best practices would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pak

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart