Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Author

Hello Jospjn,

It is a fantastic idea to test a few different brokers. And as well I would appreciate it if you share with us which broker showed the best results.

Of course, if you want to compare them you need to generate EAs using each brokers’ data but test them on all brokers.

This is something we prepare to show in the upcoming course.

Cheers,

Guys, wake up here! Share your strategies  and EAs 🙂

Samuel Jackson

I’ll add one, see if I can get the ball rolling 😉

Its a SUPER simple one, I created it manually (i.e. no generator) and each indicator setting has default settings. Optimization didn’t result in huge improvement so I left it unoptimized.

I ran a monte carlo with 40 tests on changing indicator parameters only and they all passed (Repeated this 3x), I also checked that it performed well on several uploaded data from different brokers over the period above which it did.

I created it using the end date of about 6 months ago (Doing the steps described above) and then tested it on the most recent 6 months that I had kept up my sleeve and again it performed well on all the brokers data (5 other brokers data including Premium and Metatrader data).

Its definitely not making loads of trades but I think since its been checked on several different brokers data that can consider the trade count in term of how many trades it performed well on, considerably higher then the 108 over the 5 years as shown?

For the premium data shown spread is 10, commission is 7 and swap is -5 and -2.

I’ll aim to add something more exciting soon, just thought I’d try and kick things off. Looking forward to seeing some strategies others have created 🙂

Hey Samuel,

Great strategy! It’s nice you did it manually, without the generator. This means you know the indicators and the logic behind them.

I like also that you used a big SL so you give chance to the trades.

Let me know how it goes when you are trading the strategy.

Samuel Jackson

Hi Petko,

I traded the strategy on a dukascopy demo account for a month along with many other strategies (Dukascopy demos expire after 2 weeks but I requested one that doesn’t expire, when I opened a live account with them :-).

It only made a single trade for a small profit but that was to be expected from the numbers shown in my previous post (Average trade of 483/108 = 4.47). Reading this into EA studio also confirms that this profit was made with very little drawdown as shown below (No doubt there was a bit of intrabar drawdown but EA studio shows zero drawdown which is good).

Yeah gave it a large stop loss level as you say. I just wanted to give the indicators room to do their job and from looking at the journal really there were very little trades closing via stop loss or take profit but rather just from the indicator signals which was the intention (and also what happened with the trade on demo).

I’m no expert on all the indicators but I do like to have a very quick scan to make sure there are no super obvious red flags in the strategy, like buying long when it looks to me like the entry rules would better suit a short position for example (for ranging strategies). EA studio of course generates sensible strategies but sometimes I like to just target ranging strategies so like to remove anything that obviously looks like a trending strategy and vice versa, also if a strategy is too complicated or doesn’t make sense to me at a reasonably quick glance I’d rather avoid it even if it probably is fine.

As I said this one was a super simple un-exciting strategy created manually. But this week I will add one that is showing a much more impressive equity curve and has been generated and tested though the reactor that can hopefully result in a few more trades and a larger profit.

Of course there are never any guarantees especially with a signal strategy as it could be a great strategy but just going though a losing phase for a few weeks, that’s why trading lots of strategies is so important.

Samuel Jackson

Hi, as promised this strategy is a bit more exciting :-). It traded last month making 7 profitable trades and no losers which is a great result (although may mean that it could be due a less good month up coming but I’m gonna leave it running).

I created it using the reactor with all the principles learned from Petkos courses applied.

It has a higher stop loss than take profit which I like (As I find the same thing as Petko in that this often results in a better strategy closing more profitable trades than the reverse), the trading logic is reasonable to me, it has a nice equity line both in IS and OOS (10%) and has made lots of trades with an excellent return/drawdown ratio.

I also like that it is a simple strategy with 2 entries and a single exit condition. Last month 2 of the trades hit the take profit and 5 used the exit condition to exit the trade for a profit so also has sensible take profit level 🙂

As to the parameters:

– The CCI entry period is 48 and level is 195 (Apply to Typical)

– Envelopes Period is 28 and deviation is 0.56 (Apply to Close and use simple MA method)

– Awesome Oscillator level = 0.00

Good luck to anyone who wants to trade it, let me know how it goes (On demo first of course!)

Hopefully this thread picks up and we can all get some good strategies shared around and see and discuss what’s working well for each other.

Samuel Jackson

I’ll let you’s know how this one trades in a months time and share another strategy if this thread is getting some interest 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here