Tagged: expert advisor
June 28, 2020 at 13:29 #52338Marin StoyanovKeymaster
In this topic, I would like to invite all Forex Academy users to share their ideas on what we should be adding to the Academy platform.
We hope this will make the platform even more user-friendly and will allow you to use your profile in the best possible way.
Please note that we will be further discussing the ideas with the team and if we think that something will be useful for most users, we will work on it.
July 11, 2020 at 15:44 #53502AndiMember
That is an excellent topic!
According to be, it would be nice to have the option to leave a review of the courses. This way, the beginners will know more about them, and it will be easier for them to decide which path to take.
Also, having reviews will be a great way to express my gratitude to you guys and Petko, for doing the great job you are doing.
July 12, 2020 at 11:23 #53581
Thanks, Andi! We are considering the reviews as well. Marin is working on it.
And thank you for the kind words. I am glad to know that our work is appreciated.
July 26, 2020 at 19:08 #55370fxtadeuszMember
I am so sorry for my poor English.
Please consider following updates:
1. More language translations (e.g. Polish)
2. Please allow google translator to work on your website. I think a lot of people miss out because they can’t read the offer. A lot of the websites contents are images instead of markuped text so the google translate can’t translate it.
3. I wish there would be more about building your own strategy included in EA Studio.I am talking about using indicators, shifting SL and TP or other variables. maybe a few articles or a video. that would be good). It would be fun if it had happened.
Today I am finishing the 7th day of the free EA Studio and I am very impressed with the very functional thing you did. It is a lot of great work.
July 27, 2020 at 14:52 #55388Marin StoyanovKeymaster
Hello, thank you for your suggestions.
- We definitely plan to make the Academy available in more languages. Right now we’re preparing a Chinese version and very soon it will be live. So we’re looking for translators for other languages also but the translators should be interested in trading so we can translate the content properly and support the traders in their native language. There is certain terminology that is very specific to Forex and not everyone is suitable to do the job. If you know Polish-speaking people who are interested in Forex trading (of if you’re interested) you can point them to the Forex careers section where they can check the requirements and send us a brief resume.
- I assume you’re talking about the EA Studio software, as the rest of the content can be translated in the Google Chrome browser by clicking the right button of the mouse and then “Translate to THE BROWSER INTERFACE LANGUAGE“. A quick workaround I found for the software translation may be using the TransOver Chrome extension which can be configured to translate when you mark a text or double click on a word. It’s a bit time consuming to do it, so I believe this won’t be useful enough. We will think about making it possible for the software to be translated via Google Chrome build-in functionalities.
- Good idea. I believe Petko will like this also and we will work on this type of content. In fact, we’re currently preparing several articles about the indicators. I think you may also find useful information for the strategy generation and indicators in the EA Studio guides.
Again, thank you for the feedback. I will keep you updated once we find a proper solution for the software translation.
July 28, 2020 at 22:32 #55453fxtadeuszMember
Thanks for the answer
this is what I ment
July 30, 2020 at 8:48 #55551
Glad to hear your ideas. Marin gave you a detailed answer on the first 2. For the last, I have put it in my to-do list, and I will do my best to record such videos next week!
September 15, 2020 at 18:03 #61196nu2this2Member
I think you said we don’t move the position once the EA takes the trade but can you backtest features like moving the S/L to breakeven once trade hits a certain ratio or a certain # of pips? Or do the strategies with a trailing S/L do essentially the same thing?
September 20, 2020 at 15:12 #61380
Yes, if you use Trailing Stop Loss, the backtest will show you the results.
FSB Pro has the option to move the Stop Loss to Break Even.
September 27, 2020 at 22:06 #61535nu2this2Member
Thanks. Is there is an indicator that moves the stop loss to breakeven or is this a condition to add?
September 29, 2020 at 21:38 #61732
Yes, that is possible to be added with FSB Pro as a condition. And please, write in the topics in the Forum accordingly or open new topics. This topic is for Ideas for the Platform.
November 12, 2020 at 13:05 #66010Desi IvanovaModerator
Hello dear traders,
We have a new function: Review for the courses 🙂
That will be super useful for us, the mentors, so we will know how possibly we can improve the courses.
More, it will be useful for all of the students so they will know more about each course from the traders that already took the course.
Do not hesitate to leave a review for all the courses you already have 🙂
December 3, 2020 at 16:06 #68738AkwinMember
Admirable topic, thanks for sharing, I would appreciate it if you took this into consideration; how I can learn about the latest forex strategies?
December 6, 2020 at 9:43 #69103
We share strategies in most of our courses. The one I would recommend you to start with:
December 7, 2020 at 0:43 #69124SirNittYMember
- Hi Mr Petko been looking for a way to reach you. I purchased one of your course. I must say it’s quite interesting and really helpful. The course came with 5EAs
- I’m looking to use one of them (eurusd) in my live account it’s really giving me consistent profit in my demo account. Hoping to learn more from you. But have got a question to ask.
- I have a strategy “London day break strategy” I don’t know how am gonna run it on expert advisor. Do you have any course thats gonna work me through how to make an EA with no programming experience
December 7, 2020 at 21:47 #69145
Welcome to the Forum. I have such a strategy, which I have described in the course Forex Trading Course – London, NY & Tokyo Trading System.
It is a manual strategy. Having an EA with price action is hard. It can’t be done with the strategy builders because we use more in there – fundamentals, strength indicators, and some manual actions.
February 20, 2021 at 16:51 #77844AjayParticipant
Fantastic! Asking suggestions from user to make it more profitable is amazing step. I really appreciate.
I just would like to suggest or ask if some of the following points can be added in strategy builder.
1. Calculation base level can possible to add. I mean to say considering previous day/week, high/low/close, is it possible to make such calculation and define support and resistance line?
2. Prepare trading rule like if price holding below resistance line for 3/4 candles (M5/M15) than sell or if price break resistance line with high volume and holding above 3/4 candles and return to test resistance again to take buy call.
3. Also generate call on basis of candle stick patterns. Define rules for candle stick pattern (that of also flexible to change rule) and take call n trade.
I guess it might difficult buy as a person trading on above rule, curious to have EA which can be beneficial to all.
February 28, 2021 at 17:48 #78411Iohan DiveParticipant
From my experience, I can say that EA Studio is optimized to generate profitable EAs (with good backtests). And this is because it uses the MT indicators. All the custom staff that many people think works…in 99% of the cases, doesn’t work.
So adding custom indicators and additional features will only slow down the program which will result in a lower number of strategies when generating the strategies.
What I would suggest you do is to compare your manual strategy with the EAs from EA Studio and see which one would perform better.
March 1, 2021 at 9:15 #78421AjayParticipant
Yes you are right. I am using my manual strategy since long with higher profit than EA studio generate. Small example for understanding. In EA Studio, you have to take call when EMA cross over happen (On next candle open) but, price has tendency to come back and retest resistance or support. So I usually take call when price hit resistance/support with SL of cross over. Here you can see EURUSD came in buy mode (EMA cross over) but later it gave 2 attempt to enter in buy at lower level. I just want in EA Studio, when your strategy criterial fulfilled than it should give chance to execute trade at lower level (for buy).
March 1, 2021 at 16:59 #78465
If you want the EAs to open trades within the bar (not waiting for the new bar to open) then you should use FSB Pro.
Only EA Studio work on the opening of the bar.
March 15, 2021 at 23:17 #80479
We have published a new FAQ section which is short and straight to the point.
We did our best to go over all the topics in the Forum and to put in there the Most Frequently Asked questions indeed.
And there are the answers, so we hope it will be useful for everyone.
And of course, we will improve it constantly.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.