Home Forums EA Studio Generator in EA Studio Moving EAs vs Generating EAs every month Reply To: Moving EAs vs Generating EAs every month

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hey Tanya,

Great to see you are moving forward, and glad you appreciate my help and your kind words 😉

So my first point would be that it seems you switch the EAs every 2 weeks? This is fine but 2 weeks and 4 weeks together as selection is pretty similar. I would suggest as one of your filter tests you try just a simple filter of moving the EAs that have been profitable over the whole life on you demo account with over 5 trades (say 1.1 pf) and then as the life of your incubator account extends you could add an additional filter for the most recent month also.

Let’s say now you have a collection of 100 EAs in your pool, in three months you validate and only 50 of them have traded as profitable (or even just broken even) over the last 3 months. Move those 50 to a second tier pool for example that only has strategies that have performed suitably over three months on demo in real-time.

Over time you will build a pool of EAs that is higher quality, you could even repeat the exercise on your tier 2 pool after 6 months say and move all the ones passing that to a tier 3 pool.

Hope that makes sense? It’s just a suggestion of how you could build a higher quality pool of robots over time, you of course need a combination of good robots and sensible filter criteria to make profits.

While you are practicing and learning if you do this as a side then over a year you could make a really nice quality pool of strategies for yourself.

Shopping Cart