Home Forums Historical Data Wondering what I did wrong?

Fxview
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarRoman
      Participant

Good afternoon Familia,

Was updating my historical data this weekend and now am unable to generate strategies? Any ideas what could be causing this? I was using the same data for about two weeks before deciding it was time to add more bars. Any insights would be appreciated!

Gracias

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

I think I figured it out. My EA Studio was glitched. Restarted it and uploaded my data again.

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@Roman-Glad to hear it’s been resolved because I honestly had no idea what I could have offered. 🙂

User AvatarAndi

Make sure to press Ctrl+F5 from time to time. They launch many new updates, and it is good to refresh it by deleting the cache.

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

@Jacpin – Ha yeah even though I’ve had the software for over a year now, I hadn’t really taken it serious till around December 2018. So still catching myself having interesting dilemmas lol

@Andi
      – Good to know! Thanks for the pro tip. I think another reason why I’m having difficulty finding EA’s now is that I’ve started to adjust the commission per my broker, so now finding strats that pass all stages of Reactor is tougher. I like to run a strict Monte Carlo.

User AvatarAndi

Hey Roman, I keep at the default 20 tests and 80%. I am testing now the OOS function which I believe is a stronger robustness test for the strategies.

Hey Andi,

the 20/80 with Monte Carlo is just fine. If it is over-optimized strategy it will not pass it.

Roman, if you make it too strict, you might miss some good strategies. Have it in mind.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart