Trusted Trading Brokers banner

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author

One more time guys, when you look for Forex VPS make sure it is not one from a broker.

hamselv
    Participant

Hi Andi.

I just signed up for forexvps.net because they have good reviews and their servers are located in the same city as the trading servers that my broker uses (fast execution of orders). And also they use green energy to power their servers!
    It is actually a company that is partnered with my broker meaning I get discounts on my VPS. They serve several brokers this way. I know that Petko advises against using a VPS from the broker, but I trust my broker and the broker and VPS company are two completely different companies. Also my broker has good reviews. If the broker wants to manipulate I guess they can do it without the VPS.

Regards

Hey Hamselv, please do not place links, just the name. Anyway we will have to remove the link.

Anyway it is great you share your experience with the Forex VPS, this will give idea to the others.

AndiAndi

Hello Hamselv,

thank you for sharing the name. I will definitely look at this Forex VPS.

I am sure you are right in what you say that the broker can interfere the trading even without using its Forex VPS.

I am not sure if the execution speed depends really on where is the server, but more on the broker.

I think they predefined the spreed of execution? I would be happy if Petko shares his opinion on that.

hamselv
    Participant

Hi Petko. I wasn’t sure about the link. Sorry about that 🙂
    Regards

hamselv
    Participant

Hi Andi.
    Well my understanding is that execution is in two steps. Step one is communication from your VPS to the broker’s server with MT4. Next step is the broker placing the order. The location of the VPS (or your computer) is relevant for the first step. Depending on the location the execution can be delayed several milliseconds. This is more relevant for trading the lower time frames like M1 etc.
    Regards

AndiAndi

Hey Hamselv,

Good to know that…and a bit worried because I chose an Asian broker which is on the other side of the Earth. But they actually have offices in UK, so I do not know where are the servers, and I do not think I can find that out…

Thanks for sharing that, anyway I do not trade M1, except the EAs from Petko, but I have not noticed issues with execution.

hamselv
    Participant

Hi Andi.
    I asked my broker where their MT4 servers are located. It’s an Australian broker and has MT4 servers in New York. Your broker should know it as well 😉
    Regards

AndiAndi

Hehehe, sounds so logical to ask 🙂

I will make sure to find out as much as I can before deciding with FOREX VPS to use, or if I will go with Petko’s suggestion about having it all at home.

Thanks for your help, Hamselv!

hamselv
    Participant

You are welcome Andi ?

AndiAndi

I think brokers should do it more accessible and transparent.

We fund accounts and we do not know where are actually our money, which bank? Some say they are guaranteed, by who?

We open trades and we do not know where are the servers? Even they say in USA, where? US is so so big…

Feel like those are doing their game, and we are struggling even to start the real trading…

WHY THEY DO NOT HAVE FORUMS????

What I liked really about EA Forex Academy and Petko is that they are so transparent. Here is the Forum, every one can write, share, complain…and actually i did not see complains so far..

I know the courses, I know the lectures, the EAs, Petko answers all questions, all is really transparent, nothing to doubt about.

I have spend 2 days reading and looking for Forex VPS, brokers, where are the servers, the support of the brokers are really not competent. Anything I asked was answered not precisely…

Just, in nowadays I do believe that everything should be clear and opened, so we can feel safe trading. Even I succeed to make profits from the EAs of Petko, I feel like I can not start relaxed…

Hey Andi,

I understand your point, and I know it is hard to set up the account with the broker, the VPS or the trading machines.

However it is the first important step in algorithmic trading.

Try to make is as simple as possible so you will focus on the trading itself.

Also, you are right that everything should be opened and clear, but unfortunately not all of the brokers do it..

About forum, I do not think there will be ever forum in any of the brokers 🙂

Chris Eliot
    Participant

If a broker makes a forum on their website, I will be the first one who opens live account there.

I do not believe this will happen.

Chris Eliot
    Participant

And yes, everything with Petko is very clear. Pleasure studding his courses.

Glad to hear that guys. Anyway concentrate on the trading and the strategies, not over the brokers.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here