Home Forums General Discussion US30 EA doesn’t take trade on ICMarkets

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarTanya Jay
      Participant

*** I already asked this question in Q&A section of Udemy course. Petko isn’t quite responsive for whatever reasons. I asked a few questions across different courses but never got any of his responses. So I’m gonna try my luck here ***

This US30 EA doesn’t take any trades on my account (IC Markets). I tried to place another EA to check if the broker put a restriction – the other EA works just fine on US30.

All the settings on the terminal are fine as I bought 6 of your courses and they all work great. Except this US30 EA doesn’t work.

Looks like other people seem to experience this issue as well (by reading Q&A section).

Any advice?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Did you test the EA with the MT4 Strategy Tester?  How often does the EA take trades using the Strategy Tester?

User AvatarTanya Jay
        Participant

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I somehow just realized that I should have tested in the strategy tester on MT4. I did that and looks like I found an issue here. It says “Ordersend Error 131”. Any idea what that means?

No wonders why the EAs didn’t take trade in the past 2 weeks.

User AvatarPaul S
      Participant

Does it give any message in the journal or expert tab of the terminal from mt4 that could give a hint at the cause of your problem?

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hi Tanya,

How do you know that the US30 EA trade entry condition should have been triggered?

Just because another EA opens trades on this market that doesnt mean that this EA should have?

I assume you mean that you have placed it to trade and nothing has happened yet and not that you arent getting trades on MT4 when backtesting it? What do the backtesting results show for this EA (especially regarding number of trades made per week roughly)? Also of course double check that the face is smiling in the top right corner of the chart.

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Sound like it’s to do with the Lot size you are trading not being available. What lot size are you using?

See if increasing it works in the backtester. I would expect 0.1 to work

User AvatarTanya Jay
      Participant

Hey Samuel,

I tested with a lot size of 0.1 and it didn’t work. However, I checked my broker lot size for US30; the contract size = 1.

So, the minimum lot size I have to put on input is 1. It works!

Thanks for your help 🙂

It means that your expert advisor (EA) is trying to send an order with an invalid trade volume.

Maybe you are trying on a small account with a big lot size.

If you put 1 lot and you have low leverage, then you have to try with another broker that will allow 0.1 lots.

OR test on 100 000 Demo account. It will work.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart