BlackBull Markets

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarmichael richardson
      Participant

Hi Team!!

I hope everyone is well and grateful today 🙂

I’d like to share and seek your thoughts on a high-level trading strategy framework outlined below:

Currency Pairs: (timeframe TBD)
      AUD/USD
      EUR/USD
      GBP/USD
      USD/JPY

Each currency pair will have two portfolios, consisting of 10-20 Expert Advisors (EAs) in each portfolio.

There will be one trend-capturing portfolio and one range-bound portfolio for each currency pair.

In terms of timeframes, my approach is to identify the optimal timeframe that yields the highest quality EAs for each currency pair. Alternatively, I am considering the possibility of creating portfolios for multiple timeframes or even exploring the idea of having three correlated pairs on the same timeframe (e.g., EUR/USD/GBP – H1).

Strategic Plan:
      <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Market Overview:</span> Check major news events and the economic calendar.
      Assess global market sentiment.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Currency Pair Market Determination: </span>Determine if AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GBP/USD & USD/JPY are in a trending or range-bound market.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Portfolio Application: </span>Select either the Trending Portfolio or the Range-Bound Portfolio based on the identified market conditions.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Manage EAs: </span>Perform a daily portfolio checkup to confirm whether the market is trending or range-bound.
      Eliminate underperforming EAs to optimize portfolio performance.

Thank you team! I have noticed a lot of Value in this Forum so thought I should add a few items. I will now continue to build EA’s in ea-studio and let you all know of my findings. I have a lot of ideas about generating EA’s so I will start another thread :).

Regards,

Michael Richardson

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey Michael,

Looks like a solid plan. It does seem however, that you are relying very heavily on USD, as it’s part of every pair. Try diversifying a little more with the currencies. So for example, using these currencies, add more pairs like EURAUD, EURGBP, AUDJPY, GBPJPYetc.

Good luck!

Ilan

User Avatarmichael richardson
      Participant

Thanks Ilan!

I will work on building strategies for some uncorrelated pairs.

I was wondering what you or anyone in the community thinks of the timeframes?? Say I have 3-6 uncorrelated pairs with a 10-30 strategy portfolio on every pair. Do you generally try to align every pair on the same timeframe? or look for the best timeframe for each pair and trade the best timeframe for every pair? (based on what timeframe has most desired generator/reactor results)

thanks team! id love to hear your feedback & thoughts 🙂

Michael

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart