Home Forums General Discussion Trading all set ups

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarSteveM2025
      Participant

Hi Petko, is there any way to change an EA so it trades all set up opportunities and not just one at a time?

Hey Steve,

Yes, that option is available on FSB Pro. There you can add to the position. The risk is that you are increasing your position.

Also, if you use SL and TP it will change to the most recent entry.

I use some of those EAs on my live accounts but adding no more than 5-6 times.

User AvatarSteveM2025
      Participant

Great thanks Petko, I will check out FSB Pro.

Can you upload EAs generated from EA studio into FBS Pro, and then add the trade all set ups feature?

User AvatarSteveM2025
      Participant

HI Petko, I have checked out FSB Pro and I see the feature where the EA can add lots to open trades. I am going to trial a few of these EAs but that was not quite what i had in mind.

I have a couple of promising EAs that have low TP values, high SL values and high win rates, making them profitable.  They trade frequently, sometimes 10-15 trades a week, and when i have long winning streaks the pips cumulate nicely. But I have had a couple of occasions recently when the EA gets stuck on an open trade and price is fluctuating between open price and SL. The longest open trade I had was 8 days. Even though that one turned out to be a win, it was frustrating that I could the EA was not taking other trade set ups because it was stuck in the open trade and is obviously programmed to only trade one at a time. Over that 8 days it probably missed another 20 trades, and when i am reasonably confident this EA is profitable over the long term those missed trades obviously mean missed pips and profit. Is there anyway the EA can be changed to trade every set up, and not just one at a time? This feels like it would be an easy tweak in meta editor, but i am not a programmer, so i don’t want to start playing around with the code and disable my EA in some way. Please do let me know your thoughts, I would also be interested to understand the rationale in having EA studio programme EAs to only trade one trade at a time. Could that not be a user choice option in the Generator, ie: trade one at a time / trade all set ups?

Hey Steve,

I got you now! And I have a super easy solution for you 🙂

Recently I traded more EAs like yours – smaller TP and bigger SL. I am getting more confident that this is the better choice.

The solution is to place the EA on a second chart(change the Magic Number).

When it is on a separate chart, it will execute every new signal that comes up. And the first trade, on the first chart, will manage the first opened trade.

But you will have to put a rule for yourself. For example, if the trade is stuck for over 3 days, place the EA on a separate chart.

User AvatarSteveM2025
      Participant

ok great thank you! I will try this out.

Hey Steve,

Glad I was useful. Make sure to share the results, it will be interesting for me to see how it would work.

Cheers,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart