Home Forums Trading EAs on VPS Timeframe changed from M1 to H1 after VPS was rebooted

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if anyone here experienced this, especially for VPS users?

While collecting historical data from my broker using a VPS, I placed on M1 each asset class after pressing the Home Key for all timeframes.  However, when my VPS got rebooted, the timeframes changed from M1 to H1.  This happened twice.  Is this normal?

Cheers,

Jay-R

User AvatarAndi

Hey Jay-R,

It never happened to me honestly. And why did your VPS rebooted? You did it as a restart or not? If it happens often that might cause you issues with the EAs.

Regards,

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi Petko,

My VPS was rebooted because of memory overload.

Yes, VPS reboot would affect the EAs performance. While I do know how to automatically launch the MT4 terminals after a reboot
      (which I disabled for the moment), I’m just concerned why the timeframes were changed from M1 to H1 after the reboot.

This made me a little bit suspicious as to how that happened.

Cheers,

Jay-R

Hey Jay-R,

Actually that was Andi asking you 🙂

I honestly can not say why the time frames were changed…never happend to me, and so far no one shared such an issue. I am not sure if you turn to the broker or the Meta Quote (the guys who developed MT) that they will have an idea about it…could be just a bug. There are few in MT actually.

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Oh =) I’m sorry Andi, my bad!

Thanks for mentioning that Petko. I’ll see what I can do how to fix this based on what you said.

Cheers,

Yes, it could be just from the MetaTrader, or it could be from the VPS, it is tough to say.

That is why I prefer to have it all in computers around me because I have a bit more control over it.

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Yes, longer-term, I will definitely go into having a computer dedicated for algo trading.  The VPS is more of a temporary option.

Cheers,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart