Home Forums Prop Firms TFF 2 phases Challenge 50K

BlackBull Markets

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Hi all !

I’m also trying the TFF 50K challenge! You’ll find the stats here: https://app.trueforexfunds.com/share/LlkcS7zbHwDgKtAujlnC3VZbE0gXeF1VGunnPP40h8E

I’ll give update every week 😉

User AvatarHandel Streete
      Participant

Hello folks,

I paid for a 1-step  25k challenge on surgetrader before I Found this site.

They do NOT have a trial account option, so I would like an opinion on what EA  to use and  how to test it for that account

thanks

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Handel,

I would recommend the FTMO EAs.  You will get 7 EA’s one for each market.  These EA’s have some safety features built into them just for prop trading.  The problem with testing EA’s when there is no demo account available is that you have to test them with a different broker that allows demo accounts.  The problem with doing this is that the historical data is not the same.  I have tested the same EA’s with different brokers and found that get a profit with one broker and a loss with another, or one EA with one broker will take a trade but the trade will be missed with the other broker.  So how to solve this problem.  The way I do it is to test on a live account with the broker I am going to use but use the minimum size lot such as 0.01.  Then the EA’s that show the best performance after testing for a couple of weeks I increase their lot size.  I usually pick the top 3.  I do this with my FTMO account.  I have a small live 10K account where I test the EA’s I plan to trade.  I then move the best ones to a larger account for trading.    In my option, it is always best to test with the same account you plan on trading so the results will reflect more accurately.

Alan,

Alan,

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

So.. still no trades on tff, while there have been on FTMO with the same eas. I’ll check but maybe something is off

User AvatarAlan Northam

The same EA will trade differently with different brokers or prop firms because the historical data is not the same.

Alan,

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

It just started to trade during the night. Was worried because the MT4 platform provided by TFF didn’t seem super responsive.

(We have an encouraging +1% ongoing PNL for now)

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Removing the EURAUD bot for now as it’s not been really performing well last week. Just keeping AUDNZD and EURUSD for now. These are my winners and will help reduce the risk

(This pic is from the 200K FTMO Trial account that I keep to check all 7 EAs performance)

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Reintegrating EURAUD after thinking a little more: I want to keep the top 3 (despite the facts that the tests EAs are all in the negative except for one for now)

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Here is the decision for the weekend:

– I’ll reduce the lot size so that the risk is 1% for the whole account and not each individual EA. That means each EA will use 0.5 lots instead of 01.5
      – Next week I’ll start a 10K FTMO challenge with all EAs using a minimum lot size, and that will be the account I’ll be monitoring the EAs performance to select the top 3 performers. Big shout out to Alan for this idea !

User Avatar0xBitpool
      Participant

Little update: we seem to be sailing in good waters 🙂

User AvatarMCI
      Participant

Awesome! would love to see more!

User AvatarKris
      Participant

Cool, how did your challange go @0xBitpool?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart