Home Forums Prop Firms Prop Firms / Infinity Forex Funds

BlackBull Markets

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarIan Forsyth
      Participant

Doing the Infinity Forex Funds Algo 100K Challenge with the Trade Explorer Bot set on low risk, .2 lots.   So far, so good, but I noticed a few things that I’m not sure if I should be concerned about or not.  I recognize that it’s a prop firm that I’m dealing with, and they have an interest in the outcome of my trading, which makes things difficult, but that’s what you’re signing up for.

— A number of the prop firms tend to use Eightcap to do the evaluation, and this broker in the Bahamas seems to have historically high slipage and spread markup.

— I know spreads get higher when the market closes and after hours, but I noticed when trading EUR/GBP, the spread on the Eightcap brokerage at closing was 0.11% as opposed to two other brokers–one I have a real money account on and the other I have a demo account on–that were closer to having a 0.05% spread.    Eightcap seemed to have A LOT of markup built in.

Is this something I should be concerned about or is this par for the course?

User Avatarpabs labs
      Participant

Hi, I am also about to start a 100k algo challenge with IFF.

Be interested knowing from anybody who has used Eightcap on an IFF challenge and how it went, what issues there were if any.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Using the FTMO EA’s from EAtradingacademy has a setting that keeps the EA from trading during times when spreads are high.

Alan,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart