Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio Optimize EA for other brokers

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAugustine
      Participant

I used metatrader demo to generate strategies in ea studio, how do I optimize it for other brokers? (same timeframe,same number of bars, same currency pair)

I tried importing it under strategy tab and changing it to my broker  but it gave me a straight downward line. (an example is in the attached image)

I also tried using validator but it don’t even pass validation.

What is the correct method of optimizing EA for other brokers ?

And also what is the meaning of round optimization?

Hello,

Good questions here! I believe they will be useful to others as well.

The first thing I see with your broker is that the spread for GBPUSD is 30 points, which is way too much. You generated the strategies with the MetaTrader-Demo data which is coming from JFD broker and there the spread is below 10. I think this is the main reason you see this result.

Second, you have just 12 000 bars with your broker which won’t be enough to backtest EAs or generate new ones. Did you press the home key to load more bars?

The best thing you can do is to generate the strategies using your broker’s data.

Anyway, if you want to optimize it, you just use the Optimizer or the Normalizer.

Using round numbers will keep you away from over-optimization, but you better use Monte Carlo as well.

User AvatarAugustine
      Participant

Thanks Petko,

I will use my broker’s data as from now

As for the data my broker only offers maximum of 16 866 bars(14 months M30) for all timeframes, that was why I used metatrader demo data in the first place.

Do I need to get another broker that can provide at least 30 000 bars? Or what is the minimum number of bars to generate strategies?

On the lower time frames like M1, M5, and M30 you need at least 100k. ven better to have 200k, but no broker will offer that.

That is why the Forex Historical Data app was created.

If you want to stick with your broker you will need to collect the data. But personally I wouldn’t stay with a broker that has 30 points spread for GBPUSD.

User AvatarAugustine
      Participant

Alright

Thanks petko

You are welcome, Augustine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart