Home Forums Trading Strategies NEW STRATEGY TESTING

Global Prime
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAlan Northam

Two months ago I started collecting a new strategy using ExpressGenerator.  Then in early October I moved these strategies to EA Studio to do my final filtering.  I then selected my TOP 10 EA’s to start demo trading.  I started demo testing on October 10.  Each weekend since then I removed the losing EA’s.  I then re-filtered my collection of strategies, picked the top performing ones to replace the losing EA’s I removed from my demo testing.  The results for the Month starting from October 10th is a profit of 9%.  The following is my balance line performance.

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following chart is an update to the EAs I created using ExpressGenerator and EA Studio.  This is on an Oanda demo account.  Over just a little over one month this demo account is now up approximately 12%.  I have now moved my testing to an FTMO 50K challenge account.  I will be testing these same EAs for the next 30 days to see how these EAs perform.  I will then compare the testing on the Oanda demo account to the 50K challenge testing.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

The following chart is an update to the strategy of 10EAs I created in early October using ExpressGenerator and EA Studio.  I have removed some poor performing EAs and replaced them during this period.  This is on an Oanda demo account.  The account reached a profit of approximately 12%.  However, over this past week the account has been going through a period of drawdown of about 1%.  Overall this account is up 11% from its conception 7 weeks ago.

In mid November I started a live 50K FTMO Challenge with these same EAs.  I am now forward testing the EAs with reduced lot sizes until after the first of the new year as I expect the performance to be somewhat different from my Oanda demo testing.  I will share results then.

Also, since the Oanda demo testing has shown a nice balance line I will be opening a live 50K Oanda account.  I will also be sharing the differences I see between the Oanda live account and the FTMO Challenge account.

In addition, I will be starting a new strategy and demo testing on Oanda as I plan on running it on a live Oanda account in the future.

Alan,

User AvatarBrian Pelton
      Participant

What is Express Generator?

User AvatarAlan Northam

ExpressGenerator (EG) is an advanced generator that works with EA Studio.  It generates strategies 4 times faster than EA Studio.  As an example, if I were to run EA Studio 24/5 generating strategies I could create just as many strategies in one approximately one day using EG.  I create thousands of strategies each week by running EG 24/7 on two computers.  EG does not run in windows it runs in Powershell similar to using Command Prompts.

Alan,

User AvatarBrian Pelton
      Participant

Appreciate it Alan.

User AvatarAlan Northam

NP!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart