Home Forums Prop Firms Is Prop firm the5ers an Option?

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Hello Petkov,

I’ve been using your FTMO bots, and after 2 months in Demo Account, they are finally profitable. After watching your videos on the Gold Investor, I decided to purchase it. I found a Women’s Day discount and was able to buy it for $165 net. Since True Forex Funds no longer works with MetaTrader, I’ve looked into some prop firms and settled on The 5ers. I find their model very interesting, and they are cheaper than Ftmo. Start Ing with 20.000k for 165$ and grow it in funded Phase really high.

What do you think of The 5ers?

Here’s my affiliate link. If you would try the5ers, i would happy, if you are using that link. And no , it’s no Advertising.

the5ers.com?ref=217302

I’m would to purchase the $20,000 challenge and then trade the account up with the Gold Investor.

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Because i can’t edit an addition… Surely with your bots too. 😉

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Now i baught the 20k Challange and put the gold investor on the chart.

Here you can find the myfxbook entry. Data are pushed by the myfxbook EA because of missing the investor passowrd.

So you can see the state of my gold investor journey:

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/mt5-24084562/10775533

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

I’sorry. But cannot edit anymore:

Here is the link to the myfxbook with auto update:
      https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/challagethe5erswithgoldinvestor/10775555

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Have you already get a payout from them? They support mt4 right?

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

No. The challenge is on the way. At the Moment i have a profit of 467$ after one week and three days. I need in P1 1600$ and in p2 1000$. But i traded manually a little… This was a mistake…

Yes. They Support MT4 and MT5. I copy all trades with heron copier from MT5 to my tff challenge on ctrader, which is in p1 with 575$ at the Moment. A friend starts one Day later and he didn’t trade manually. He has reached 4% profit in P1 now.

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Great. I bought a challenge from FX2 funding and they now offer only DXtrade, so I am looking for a copier between mt4 and dxtrade. Can you give me hint where to look for one? I mean a legit one, I don’t want to fall for a scam

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Have a Look to this:

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Thanks a lot!

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Update: Phase 1 successfull with Gold investor. Waiting for New Account credentials for Phase 2. Today 840$ profit.

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

New Update. Challange failed. Goldinvestor has a big DD today. On Real Account it is 25% dd…

5ers has closed the Account.

User AvatarBoyan Todorov
      Participant

Hi Andy,

didn’t you have max. DD set in the Gold Investor? I also had a bad experience on Friday, the market moved a lot downwards, the EA kept buying and hitting SL until I stopped it manually, it lost more than 12% on may account and I had max. DD set to 4, but it did not worked. It was doing pretty good until last Thursday, it made +6% wuthin 5 trading days, but it took less than 2 hours to go into big DD. I am very disappointed and I am thinking about returning it within the 60 day period that ends up today. I am waiting on a responce from the support though, what are your thoughts on this?

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Hi Boyan,

Of course, I did set the DD. At 4%. Even for me, the Max DD didn’t kick in. With that, the Gold Investor has ruined 3 challenges in P2. I understand why it went on buy. It would have worked even with 10 pips more. But causing more than 4% DD is rubbish. In 15 trading days, the EA made 8% plus. I already suspected it might incur some losses. But since I was in the car at that time, I couldn’t take any action to intercept the loss.

The EA is really good. But the developer needs to address such issues. The investor currently has a blow risk that is unacceptable. Whether you return the EA is your decision. I’ll keep it and use it once the bug is fixed.

look at Petkos newest Video:

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Answer from Support:

Dear Andy Jacobs,

We sincerely apologize for the recent losses of Forex Gold Investor. We understand the inconvenience this has caused, and we take full responsibility for the issue.

The Friday drawdown, was quite unexpected, especially considering our thorough testing and successful live performance thus far.

With more than 9 years of live trading accounts and over 20 years of rigid backtest results, we had not encountered such a force majeure event before in either live trading or backtests.

We’re currently developing a new update for Forex Gold Investor.

The update will contain enhanced protections against such force majeure events, including setting a daily maximum drawdown as a percentage of the account equity and other safeguards.

It will be released in the coming few days. We are confident that these measures will elevate Forex GOLD Investor to one of the safest EAs available on the market. And all the losses will be compensated quickly.

Thank you for your understanding!

“Why the ea always Set the lot to 2%?”
      – The system 2 sometimes double the risk due to the trading logic. Perhaps this is the reason why you get 2%. You can disable this by settings Add_Lot_Multiplier=0

“Why the ea doesn’t Stop to trade, when hitting the 4%?”
      – The current dd protection parameters works only if you trade with other EAs on the same account and when the dd is at danger the EA just stop trading but it doesn’t check its own trade. But the new update will provide more flexible options to control this.
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>
      P.S. You can follow the progress on the updated version of Forex Gold Investor on our blog: https://www.forexgoldinvestor.com/blog/taking-action-improvements-coming-to-forex-gold-investor-after-recent-drawdown-6</p&gt;

Profanity deleted…

User AvatarAndy Jacobs
      Participant

Gold Investor update is out.

I made various backtests and best is to set the currency DD to 4% daylie e.g. 400 in 10.000$ account and 1 hour pause, if there are loosing trades. It is the best.

Not 4% as percentage, if 5% is meant to initial balance like 5ers.

other changes to settings for 5ers 5k challange:

Settings part one gold investor 5k 5ers

Settings part 2 5k 5ers

because of an mistake yesterday, i have to start with 4739$… -.-

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Andy,

This is why it is always recommended to test the Expert Advisors on a demo account until you feel comfortable they can be profitable.

Alan,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart