Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio How to make EAs open trades in Live, similarly to the Demo

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarFaraz Fazlet

Hi Petko,

How are you doing? I find that the trades that do well in the Demo account are sometimes not doing well in the Live account. The reason I found out is that the trades that are opened on the Live account are not similar to the Demo account. The same EA in the Demo account is still profiting whereas the same EA in the Live account is losing.

Do you have any solution to this please? Is there anyway to make sure trades are opened similarly in the Demo and Live account?

Also I’m using IC markets as my trader. Does this issue happen in JFD as well? If JFD does not have this problem, I can switch to that.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Hey Faraz,

Actually that is one of the first things you need to check when opening a Live account.

Just with a small lot as 0.01 and see if the trades are similar. If not, there is no point in testing on a Demo account at all.

Yes, with the brokers that we have listed on our Trusted brokers’ page, the trades are similar. Don’t look for a 100% match because it is rare.

However, give it a try with some other brokers but try with small lots just to test.

User AvatarFaraz Fazlet

Hi Petko,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will then make the transition to JFD now.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend.

Have a nice weekend, Faraz!

User AvatarSimon Chong

Hi Petko,

I have test EA via VPS using demo top 10 and real account top 10. The among 10 trades 8 have similar entry points except 2 trades have delay trades of 45 minutes (compare demo and real account). Does it normal to have this kind of difference?

Regards,

Simon

Hello Simon,

No, 45 mn is a huge difference. Tell me what you did exactly? You have placed the Demo and the live account on a VPS or one stays with you?

If they are on the same place, it must be a delay from the broker. Which broker do you use?

User AvatarSimon Chong

Hi Petko,

I put the demo and real acc in the same VPS to compare it side by side. It seems that not every trade are sync. How do I prove that the broker delays the trade or it simply VPS connection issue? I’m currently using XM.com as my broker.

Regards,

Simon

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

I don’t think you can prove anything to anyone…they just do it this way.

I would change the broker if I was you. If the trades are executing on time on the Demo, then it is not from the VPS.

User AvatarSimon Chong

I just use strategy tester to test out both demo and real account data. The result is just not tally. I think I can switch the broker already.

User AvatarSimon Chong

Hi Petko,

I can’t start a new thread. I think this is an issue other people encounter as well. Anyway, I have tried JFD demo but it seems that the M15 chart on MT4 only supports up to 1.5 months. It’s too low to generate a robust strategy. Is that a common issue? Need some advice.

Regards,

Simon

Hey Simon,

Yes, most of the brokers provide small data at the beginning.

However, if you are using JFD you can use the MetaTrader-Demo in EA Studio. It is data from JFD and it is being updated daily automatically.

User AvatarSimon Chong

Hi Petko,

Just realize that JFD is no longer on the trusted broker page. May I know why?

Hey Simon,

They still remain a trusted broker. We just narrowed the list because we still receive many e-mails which of the 3 is most trusted 🙂

So basically, we wanted to know which two are most preferable.

However, there were no any bad signs from the broker.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart