Home Forums EA Studio How to convert forex EA for spreadbetting

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarJulie Bowden
      Participant

Hi,

I live in the UK and have an ig.com MT4 spread betting account. I would like to use EA Studio to create EAs for spread betting on forex pairs.

How would I go about editing the mql4 code entry_amount lot size to instead open spread bets in £ per point?

Thanks,

Julie Bowden

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hi Julie,

I can’t say I understand your question. Aren’t we all effectively kind of “spread betting” when we trade CFDs?

Can you make your question clearer please.

Why is it that you think you will need to edit the EA code? What exactly is it that you are trying to do?

User AvatarJulie Bowden
      Participant

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response.  I’ve never traded CFDs because of the tax advantages of spread betting so haven’t got a comparison.  I do have a demo account for CFDs that I haven’t used but will try out some EAs on there so that I can see how the entry criteria work.

I’ve tried out a Forex EA on my SB demo account and now understand how the lot size translates:

• 1 lot is equivalent to £1 per point;
      • 0.1 lot is equivalent to 10p per point etc…

Hope that’s useful to others,

Julie

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Ah yes I see now, no underlying asset is bought for CFDs or spreadbets but there are some additional tax benefits to spread betting.

I still prefer CFDs though.

Im sure that’s useful for others who may be interested in spread betting. Cheers Julie

User AvatarMiles Van Rothow
      Participant

Hi Julie,

I have the same issue as you and already bought one trading robot that doesn’t work with a GBP spreadbetting account.

Did you get anywhere with testing and running Expert Advisors with IG ?

User AvatarNeha31
      Participant

Discover the process of converting Forex EA for spread betting! For an exceptional sports betting experience, consider 11xPlay as the best platform. With its diverse options, user-friendly interface, and enticing features, 11xPlay ensures an exhilarating and secure sports betting adventure. Elevate your experience with the unmatched excellence of 11xPlay!

User Avatarteju01
      Participant

Experience the best in sports betting with FairBet7! Our cutting-edge platform offers a wide range of betting options, from cricket match outcomes to football player performances. Enjoy exclusive promotions and bonuses that maximize your winnings. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned bettor, FairBet7 turns your sports knowledge into profits. With a secure, user-friendly interface, betting is smooth and enjoyable. Join FairBet7 today, refine your strategy, and make every match a winning opportunity—bet smart, savor the excitement, and win big with FairBet7!

4o

User Avatartanya01
      Participant

Discover the excitement of sports betting with Lords Exchange! Bet on cricket, football, and more with exclusive promotions and bonuses. Whether you’re new to betting or a seasoned pro, Lords Exchange turns your sports insights into big wins. Join now, bet smart, and enjoy the thrill of winning with Lords Exchange!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart