Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MrPriceMrPrice
    Participant

Hi,

I have been using the EA Studio for some time, I am by no means an Expert on it but I feel I have a few hundreds of hours of using it.

Anyways so I tried to create a Portfolio of EAs that was generated on FX market specifically USDJPY and I used “Only Short” and “Only Long” Indicator in the Preset to create 10 for each direction.

I used custom setting on the pair to increase spread to make it harded to find strategies and higher swaps aswell combined with a 7 USD commission to really make it hard for EA Studio.

And when I have selected the EAs and have a nice Equity Curve and decent year to year performence I decided to backtest it on my MT4 Platform but the results are barely profitable on my broker while on EA Studio it looks just great. I have used 3 different brokers to see if it was just that broker but all have similar dissapointing results.

So why is the results so different?

Thanks,
    MP

Hey mate,

I did not have promising results when setting a direction.

That option is suitable for assets like Bitcoin, so when the market is clearly going up, we can trade EAs that are Only long.

But for the Forex, I would stick to EAs that trade both directions.

Regarding the backtest, you have missed something….can you attach screenshots from a strategy on EA Studio and a backtest on Metatrader with the same strategy.

I want to see the MT before you run the backtest, how you set it up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here