Home Forums Express Generator How I Use ExpressGenerator

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAlan Northam
      Participant

I use ExpressGenerator to create strategies for use with EA Studio.  I find creating my strategies in ExpressGenerator to be about five times faster than creating strategies in EA Studio.  So by running the ExpressGenerator for 24 hours, or one day, I create about the same number of strategies that would take a week to create using EA Studio.  In the ExpressGenerator I filter the generated strategies using the Acceptance Criteria built into ExpressGenerator.  I do not use Monte Carlo in ExpressGenerator although it is available.  Once ExpressGenerator creates the strategies it saves them in a collection.  It is then necessary to import the collection into EA Studio.  In EA Studio I may decide to use Monte Carlo and to do any final filtering based upon how I am going to use the strategies.  I then select the strategies I decide to trade and download them as Expert Advisors.  Keep in mind ExpressGenerator works with EA Studio and is not a stand alone product.  Its value is in speeding up the process of creating strategies.  EA Studio is then used to convert the strategies into Expert Advisors.

Alan,

User AvatarDAVID MacKay
      Participant

I have not tried this, but I will over the weekend and let you know.

I”m a noobie to generator so this could be interesting.

I would like to post very accurate charts to demo in order to cut down on the numbers

This approach may be a solution.

User AvatarAlan Northam
        Participant

Hi David,

Let me know how it goes. If you need help or ask questions I will be here of and on during the weekend.

Alan,

User AvatarDAVID MacKay
      Participant

I had a reply, but comes up as an error?

we’ll pass on this

User AvatarAlan Northam
        Participant

Hi David,

Are you saying you are giving up on trying to get ExpressGenerator working?

Alan,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart