Home Forums Forex Strategy Builder Pro FSB pro expectation

Global Prime
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarMelvin05
      Participant

Hi I recently started using both EA studio and FSB pro. I noticed for the same parameters FSB pro actually generates alot more profitable strategies its like 20k net profit on a 10k acc from FSB vs 4k net profit on a 10k acc from EA studio. I ensured both time horizon was the same also.

my question is

1. Is an EA that is too profitable bad? (above test was across 5 years) because at the end of the day even if the EA is profitable, are there any underlying things we need to take note of? If so what are some recommended criteria we can look at? (Excluding number of trades and profit ratio)

2. Is it possible to create a portfolio on FSB

3. Is it possible to import collection from FSB to EA Studio. I find that EA studio UI is so much more user friendly.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Melvin,

You really cannot compare FSBpro to EA Studio. FSBpro contains a lot more indicators it can use whereas EA Studio is limited to using only the indicators contained in MT4 / MT5.

Answer 1. I am not sure what you mean by too much profit. You can limit the profit from the robots during the creation process in EA Studio or FSBpro by setting the TP to a specific number of pips.

Answer 2. No, FSBpro does not generate portfolios like EA Studio does. The porfolio FSBpro has allows you too combine all the strategies together so you can see how they work together.

Answer 3. While FSBpro contains the same indicators as EA Studio it also has additional indicators not included in EA Studio it can use and often does use in the creation of strategies. Since FSBpro strategies most likely will contain indicators not used by EA Studio you cannot import FSBpro collections into EA Studio.

Alan,

User AvatarMelvin05
      Participant

Hi alan,

Thank you for the reply.

Regarding point 1, im asking if i should be suspicious if a strategy generated has too good of a result, even after it passed the montecarlo etc. are there guidelines when a strategy is too over optimised? And shuld I be suspicious if an EA performs too well on the backtest

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Melvin,

Over optimized EAs should not be used as they generally will result in losses.  However, EAs generated by EA Studio or FSBpro, which is what is used to create the FTMO robots, does not over optimize the robots.  Having said that, you can manually overoptimize the robots with EA Studio or FSBpro, but when Petko creates the robots they are not overoptimized.

Alan,

User AvatarMelvin05
          Participant

thank you alan.

If thats the case how do I use monte carlo to tell if  a strategy on FSB is over optimize? Im worried that the strategies generated on FSB is currently over optimized as the results i get from FSB generators greatly outperform the EA studio results. Do you have a rule to follow?

And if thats the case if i were to choose one, which would be more suitable?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Melvin,

First thing is to make sure the lot size are the same for both EA Studio and FSBpro.

To run Monte Carlo just use the default settings.  If the EA passes Monte Carlo then it is not overoptimized.

For a more fair comparison make sure both EA Studio and FSBpro only have the same indicators selected for use.

Alan,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart