Home Forums Express Generator Express Generator vs EA Studio

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAlan Northam

I have been learning to use Express Generator this past week and have found  what looks like an issue with it that bothers me and could keep me from wanting to use it.  The following three images will help to explain the issue I have found.

After running the Express Generator I get the following collection.  Everything is working fine at this point.  Next,  I will load this collection into EA Studio.

The following image shows I have uploaded the collection into EA Studio.  I have used the Upload button shown to the right in the image to do this.  I have selected to use strategy ID 888.2.  Note the Net Profit, Profit Factor, etc is the same in both the Express Generator and EA Studio.  So far so good!  Next comes the issue or problem I have found.

When I click on the strategy ID 888.2 above so I can look at its indicators, TP, SL, and statistics the following image is what I get.  Notice the balance chart has changed from a winning strategy to a losing strategy.  What Happened!!!  When I create a collection of strategies using EA Studio instead of Express Generator and follow this same process I don’t get this change in the balance chart from a winning strategy to a losing strategy.  This makes me want to use EA Studio to create strategies instead of Express Generator.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  What am I doing wrong?

User Avataraaronpriest
      Participant

Huh, they match for me. What if you click re-calculate on your collection?

User AvatarAlan Northam

I get the same result after recalculating the collection!

User Avataraaronpriest
          Participant

I don’t know then. They look like they use the same starting date in your screenshots.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes, same start date and the same end date.

What version of Express Generator are you using.  I am using V 2.45.

I have closed and opened EA Studio, I have imported the collection multiple times, and I have tried everything I can think of but I get the same result.  When I create a collection in EA Studio, export it, and then upload it as I have shown above, and then followed this same process, everything works correctly.  But, when I upload a collection from Express Generator I get this bad result.

User Avataraaronpriest
              Participant

Same version here, 2.45. Opening a strategy from a portfolio shows a nearly identical graph for every strategy for me though. You might have to ask Popov in the forexsb forum.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Problem solved!

User Avataraaronpriest
      Participant

Ah! Data start date and trade start date weren’t matching.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart