Global Prime

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

Hi Petko,

There is an error in the attached MT5/MQL5 version for the USDJPY pair. Please fix it immediately, because currently 4 pairs are trading normally.

error USDJPY Mt5

Regards

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

attachment

error

User AvatarAlan Northam

Upgrade to latest version of MT5. This should fix this problem.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

My MT5 is latest version:

Version: 5 build 3980

21 Sept 2023

User AvatarAlan Northam

Are the pairs you are referring too the FTMO Version 4.2 pairs? If so, make sure the pairs are attached to the correct chart and attached to the M1 period.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

Yes version 4.2, the time frame is correct according to the manual in the course. I suggest you check your coding again, I have tried compiling several times in the MT5 metaeditor, but the results are the same. There are no open orders for the USDJPY pair on MT5 because of the error message on the MT5 terminal. Have you tried installing EA on the MT5 terminal? In the mq4 version the USDJPY pair is no problem.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

Sorry, this ini not about FTMO Robot, but about 5 Forex Trading Strategies, this file name your EA:

30051008 USDJPY M5.mq5 (error on this)

EA Studio EURGBP M15 48847213.mq5

EA Studio EURJPY M15 63675882.mq5

EA Studio EURUSD M15 49059757.mq5

GBPUSD M1 scaling.mq5

User AvatarAlan Northam

That makes more sense because the FTMO EAs use M1 period and do not have USDJPY.  I thought you might be referring to the FTMO EAs as this is what the majority of traders are asking questions about lately.  Let me look into this and I will report back in an hour or so!

User AvatarAlan Northam

MT5 – USDJPY loaded properly.

Did you try to close MT5 and reopen and then load the EA.  Also make sure you have Algo Trading button pressed before loading the EA

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
            Participant

I don’t mean it didn’t load correctly, but there was an error a few moments after loading so there were no open positions. Can you open positions on your MT5 for the USDJPY pair? I also tried it on the strategy tester, there were no open positions either.

I tried to compare the EA on MT4 and MT5 with the same broker. When USDJPY opens a position on MT4, on MT5 it doesn’t exist at all and an error message appears in the terminal as I said from the start.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

This is your zip files MT5 EAs Sept 2023 30SL 60TP.zip

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

I had try to close MT5 and reopen and then load the EA, and I also make sure have Algo Trading button pressed before loading the EA, but the problem still exists.

User AvatarAlan Northam

How far back does your M5 candle history go?  Mine goes back to May 2020.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
          Participant

mine May 2022, is it problem?

User AvatarAlan Northam

That should be plenty!  Seems like we have covered all the things that could keep the EA from trading.  I will have to think on it.  In the meantime, I will let my MT5 run and will report back when it takes a trade.  If I come up with anything else that might keep your MT5 from trading I will let you know.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

ok, thanks a lot. However, I hope that you would please check again the MT5 EA file that has been uploaded as course material to see if it is the same as the one you used for the test.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Yes, I went to the course today and got the EA I am using.  I don’t think it is the EA because I can do the backtest with the Strategy Tester, but I will wait for a trade to develop to confirm it is not the EA.

User AvatarAlan Northam

USDJPY took its first trade about 5 hours ago during the night with no errors.

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
          Participant

Ok. Can you please tell me in which part of the course “Professional Trading Strategies + 5 Bots Included” you downloaded the this MT5 EA?

User AvatarAbd. Gafur
      Participant

Thanks Alan, the problem is not with the EA but seems to be with the history provided by the broker. I tried it on ICmarkets and it went well.

Regards

User AvatarAlan Northam

I was going to suggest it might be a problem with the broker since everything we tried would not work.  I forgot to add this comment in my post showing that the EA had made a trade with no errors.  Not all brokers are created equal.  Some brokers have large gaps in their data or even missing data.  This is why it is best to use Premium data in EA Studio and FSBpro when creating strategies and this is one reason to use EA Studio or FSBpro for backtesting because you can rest assured the backtests are being done correctly.

Happy to hear we finally figured it out!  Good learning experience!

Happy trading,

Alan

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart