Home Forums General Discussion EA Studio-Trading Session

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

Hey everyone! I feel silly asking this question, but I just realized that my EAs that I created are not closing the trades at the end of the session on Friday like I wanted. I thought that using the trading session selecting to the close at end of Friday session was something that is coded in the EA to make sure the trade closes. But this is not happening in demo or in live account and I am thinking that maybe I misunderstood. Is the trading session just for creating strategies and backtesting?

User AvatarDesita
      Participant

Hello Jacpin,

The settings are general, what you see in the backtest will apply with the same settings in the EAs that you export.

So if you choose to close them at the end of the session, it will show closing in the backtest and it will apply when you export the strategies.

Also, whatever setting you choose in the trading session, it will apply with the generator.

User AvatarOssaio
      Participant

Hi Jacpin,

Are you using either “Day Closing” or “Week Closing” closing point for your positions? If yes, you can change them to “Day Closing 2” or “Week Closing 2”. This will allow you to specify the hour and minutes you want the trades to close. It seems Day Closing and Week Closing are predefined to close at 00:00. This won’t work on Fridays and some other shorter trading days like Christmas eve. You can specify the closing time to 21:30, 23:15 or whatever suits your broker closing times.

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hello Ossaio,

what do you mean by ….change them to “Day Closing 2” or “Week Closing 2”….?

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@Ossaio-Thanks for responding. Could you please explain a bit more about the Day closing and Week closing? I believe that this is somewhere in the coding of the EA that I would need to update in order to have my positions automatically close?

@Ossaso abd Desita-I originally thought that was what the coding of the trading session meant when I created the EAs to have the positions automatically close, but I could have been mistaken as this is not occurring.

User AvatarOssaio
        Participant

@Jacpin, the EAs are working correctly. Day closing and Week Closing means close at the end of the day or week. This is normally after 23:59 at 00:00. It will work on every trading except Fridays. This is because 00:00 on a Friday market close is on Saturday and the market is no longer open.

So you need to find out when your brokers close on Fridays and adjust the hour and minute options of Day Closing 2 and Week Closing 2. Remember to leave enough time buffer for the trades to close. This does not only happen on Fridays but during holidays also when the markets close early.

User AvatarOssaio
      Participant

There are Closing Point Positions called Day Closing 2 and Week Closing 2. They are found directly below Day Closing and Week Closing.

In the Strategy Editor mode, click on the Day Closing or Week Closing position slot. From the dropdown ‘closing point of the position’ box on the left, manually select Day Closing 2 or Week Closing 2.

The only downside is that Day Closing 2 and Week Closing 2 are not primary closing logic, so won’t allow you to add more closing logic if you intend to.

Hey guys,

Ossaio, thank you for making it all clear with the Day closing and Week Closing with FSB Pro.

But I as far as I understand from the question of Jacpin, she is asking about the trading session in EA Studio?

If true, to make it clear that the tools in EA Studio are general and they will apply with the generator, with the backtesting, with the trading after that done by the Expert Advisors.

Also, if you change something in tools, and re-upload old Expert Advisors or Collections it will affect those as well, and you will see results according to the tools you have set at the moment.

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@everyone-Thanks for all the feedback. I’m going to watch my trades closely and if I see that after this Friday, they are still open…I’m gonna maybe send in a support ticket to see what I could possibly be doing wrong. 🙂

User AvatarAndi

Hey Japcin,

The function of the trading session works well, I have tested it many times. I think you might be missing something

As Pekto said that tools are general. This means you need to Export the EAs with the changes in tools. For example, if you have ticked the Close at Friday close option, it will not affect the EAs you already exported. You need to re-export them again.

Also, if you have ticked the Close at Friday close the trades will close just before the sessions end with your broker on Friday. Not after Friday.

User AvatarCone D
      Participant

Yes, I am using the Friday close option in the trading session on Friday.

User AvatarDesita
      Participant

Jacpin, did you re-export the EAs with the new set up in tools? If you did a change but did not re-export your EAs, it will not work.

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@everyone-Ok, I just just checked and the EAs are closing on Friday like I created them. I just had one left over from the beginning before I started doing this that is open. Phew! 🙂 Thanks for everyone’s input.

Glad to hear that Jacpin 🙂

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart