I have quite a few questions so I apologize in advance for so many of them..
I have been using the top 10 profitable strategies from EA (EURUSD, GBPUSD) and in the last 2 weeks they gave me losses. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. So here are the questions
Question 1) What timeframes do you recommend me to use for EURUSD and GBPUSD? I have been using M5, M15, M30, H1 & H4.
Question 2) In order to select which strategies to trade in a real account I do the following steps:
Step 1) I generate strategies in EA Studio. And put them in Demo Account
Step 2) Every weekend I check the top 10 Strategies that gave me 3 or more trades and profit factor >1.2.
Does it make sense to do this every weekend (so 1 iteration every week) or shall i wait more?
Question 3) Every weekend I ran the EAStudio for EURUSD and GBPUSD and create new strategies and I put them in the DEMO account. And then wait til I have at least 3 trades to analyze. Is this correct? doest it make sense to do it every week?
Question 4) Stop loss I am using Fixed or Trailing. Do you recommend it? or shall I use Fixed? What about Take proift do you recomend to always use it?
Question 5) EA Studio has an option that says close at Friday Close. Basically closes all trades at the end of the week. Do you recommend using it or it is better to drag the trades?
Glad to hear from you. No worries, let me know any questions you have.
1. I use M15 and H1 the most. I find these 2 to work best for me.
2. I would suggest you check the EAs at least 2-3 times a week. This way, you will maintain the Top EAs in the separate account.
3. I run the reactor every day. The easiest to do is to leave 15 min per day for it. Run it for 24 hours on 2-3 tabs, and on the next day, see the EAs, you have. Generating EAs daily will improve your experience in creating EAs and trading with them.
4. I use Fixed Sl and always TP.
5. Before I was using it, and now not anymore. You are using complete Historical data, so the EAs that are robust should go over the weekend without issues.
Anyway, all your questions are about your trading style. It depends on how you want to do it. Try different options and see which one works best for you.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here