Home Forums EA Studio EA Studio loses this month

Fxview
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

The Studio EA has lost every single trade this last month. Petko advises that in a turbulent market like this one it can often get stopped out. Unfortunately though, I am doing the FTMO Verification stage this month. Is it just me or do other people also have this problem? What do people suggest? Could using a lower time frame work maybe? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

User AvatarAlan Northam

When I look at the EA Petko used for FTMO and shared in his FTMO course from March 2022 until March 2023 I see it had three losing months.  Keep the faith, perhaps next month it will start winning again!  Since you are doing the Verification stage perhaps you should just manually trade and not us the FTMO EA.  You can also ask support it you don’t meet the price target requirement of the verification stage before time runs out will they give you a second chance.  If they will then you might run the FTMO EA with a 0.01 lot size until it starts showing profit again and then increase the lot size once it starts to become profitable.  Just an idea!  Good luck with your verification stage!

Note:  Don’t change the time frame use the time frame for which the EA was designed for.  Changing the time frame may result in poor performance!

User AvatarJaylon Nichols
      Participant

Hi David, I have been experiencing the same thing. The EAs that I created for June have been losing so far. But I think they will recover maybe next month or even this month.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
        Participant

Hi Jaylon? Just wanted to check in. I had a disasterous week last week. Have you noticed any up tick?

User AvatarAlan Northam

David,

What were you trading last week?

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
            Participant

Thanks for your interest. I turned on the EA Studio for a few days. Fortunately, I reduced the lot size or I would have been wiped out. As it is I am at $9049. Also I have just been tole by the FTMO people that there is no extension for the Verification stage. So I have only until the July 7th and very little leeway. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi David,

You only have a $49 cushion.  You would need to be very conservative in your trading or your account could be wiped out, as you say!  I don’t think using Waka Waka in its low-risk setting will get you past the target price by July 7.  Petko does not recommend using Waka Waka during the FTMO Challenge or Verification phase, only once funded. Even using Waka Waka in a $10,000 funded account would take approximately two years to recover the investment of purchasing Waka Waka before you would start realizing a profit.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
              Participant

I have turned on the EA Studio bot (EU-USD) and it’s still losing! Fortunately I have adjusted the lot size to 0.01. Do you have any idea’s why this is still happening or what I could possibly do to change things? Thanks in advance.

User AvatarAlan Northam

David,

Is it the M15 FTMO bot that Petko posted a few days ago?

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
              Participant

No, it is the free Studio EA he offered on Youtube that works on MT4. Should I switch to this new EA? If so where can I find it?How has that been performing?

User AvatarAlan Northam

David,  Can you send a link to the free EA so I can check it out for you so I can further address your concerns?  Are you using the EA with FTMO?

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
              Participant

Here it is. tps://eatradingacademy.com/robots/f…It is from the video “Best Forex EA for Prop Firms (+ FREE ROBOT)”. Your help is much appreciated.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi David,

Thanks for adding the link.  Petko changed the strategy about 12 days ago in THE COMPLETE FTMO CHALLENGE COURSE but it too has been losing over the last two months.  He has not yet updated the course since then.

Here is the monthly performance of one of my EAs:

All EAs will go through a period of drawdown where it will not make any profit for a month or so.  Notice after going through a drawdown the following months are usually quite profitable.  So times when I start a prop firm challenge I go through the whole month losing and the account ends up as a failure.  I then repeat the challenge and usually on the second or third time I pass the challenge.  I have just started a new Evaluation with MFF (same as FTMO Challenge phase).  You can find it in the forum on Prop Firms.  There you can read my plan.  I plan on updating it weekly with my results.   I encourage you to follow along to see how I progress.

What I am trying to share is that nothing is perfect not even EAs.  They will all go through a period of drawdown and the better-created EAs will then come back with several months of profit.  Here is the performance of one of the EAs I am using in the MFF Evaluation:

As you can see this EA has been profitable for one year.  I show you this to show you can create your own EAs that perform well using EA Studio.  Also, notice there were three months where the profit was quite small, notice how much profit it made in the following months.  Again this shows that after periods of low profit or drawdowns, the following months are usually quite profitable.  So, don’t give up on EAs, in the long run well created EAs are very good at generating profit.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
            Participant

At present I can only think of using the Waka Waka as a cent account (0.01 lot size) until I build up a few hundred dollars and then hope that I can both beat the dead line and not draw down. A folorn hope but it I can’t think of any other options.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
              Participant

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a full explanation. I guess it’s just bad timing then. I will persist with EAs. I’ve already posted a question on the Forum about the FTMO Robot. So if I’m lucky and qualify during some good months is it a matter of making hay while the sun shines and then getting wiped out during a bad one for failing to make enough profit? Once qualified does FTMO allow us to tread water during a bad month? Thanks again.

User AvatarAlan Northam

What David said:  “Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a full explanation. I guess it’s just bad timing then. I will persist with EAs. I’ve already posted a question on the Forum about the FTMO Robot. So if I’m lucky and qualify during some good months is it a matter of making hay while the sun shines and then getting wiped out during a bad one for failing to make enough profit? Once qualified does FTMO allow us to tread water during a bad month? Thanks again.Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a full explanation. I guess it’s just bad timing then. I will persist with EAs. I’ve already posted a question on the Forum about the FTMO Robot. So if I’m lucky and qualify during some good months is it a matter of making hay while the sun shines and then getting wiped out during a bad one for failing to make enough profit? Once qualified does FTMO allow us to tread water during a bad month? Thanks again.”

It is not bad timing as we cannot predict the future.  What we can do is try to minimize the risk.  One way to do that is to look at the EA Report and look to see if the EA has gone through a drawdown recently.  If so then it might be OK to start trading it.  In other words, analyze the report and make a sound decision as to whether or not to trade the EA.

Once the FTMO account is funded you can decide whether to trade it or not.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

Thanks Alan and Jaylon. I just wanted to check that it wasn’t me doing something stupid. They are great ideas and I will definitely follow up on them. Thanks again.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

Thanks for your help but I am now out of the time. The EA studio has an unbroken record of failure losing every single last trade it has entered over a two month period. It has been a complete and unmitigated catastrophy. Does anyone know if Petko’s paid FTMO bot any better?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart