Home Forums EA Studio EA Studio Backtest Strategies

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarfacundo.mendoza
      Participant

Hello,

I am using the EA Studio in trial version and following the course. I have created strategies for M15. But for M1 it doesnt find any strategy at all.

When I upload history of EURUSD from my broker Axitrader. for M1 only has a couple of months back. Could that be the reason? If yes. I dont see the possibility for Axitrader to give me more history data for M1, is there another place where I can get it?

thanks
      Facundo

User AvatarSharapova Sisi
      Participant

Hello Facundo,

yes, 99% it is because you have a small number of bars. This is why you do not get strategies.

Try to generate strategies with the data source MetaTrader-Demo, this data comes form JFD broker, and it will give you 200 000 bars on M1 which is enough to generate strategies.

Regards,

Participant

thanks! all clear

Hello Facundo,

most of the brokers do not provide Historical data. If you want to collect it, just leave MT opened and with the time it will collect you more bars.

This is the only realistic and reliable way to do it.

Cheers,

Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Sorry to keep asking but I generated all strategies for M1,M5, M15, M30 and H1.

It bearly generated strategies. I want to be sure I am doing the things right

M1 only 1 passed Montecarlo validation

M5 none passes the MC validation

M15 none MC validation

M30 1 passed MC

H1 6 passed

Thanks

I used Min count traded 300 and Min Profit factor 1.2

M1

STRATEGY Prop

Hello Facundo,

what you are using is just fine and not so strict. This means you should get much more strategies.

What about the Monte Carlo, what are the parameters you use?

I normally check just the last two:

monte-carlo

If you have more than this might be the reason why you do not see strategies passing the Monte Carlo.

Participant

Hi,

yes i have exactly those 2 parameters in MC selected. I will try to do it again one by one and see if it works.

Thanks

Facundo

Yes, check your acceptance criteria, you might have placed something extra in there.

Anyway, at the end of the day it is better we get filtered strategies and not 100 that are not that good. Even you run the Reactor for 5 hours and you get 2-3 strategies this is not bad, is it? 🙂

Participant

HI,

So I tried only with M1 and left it for 10 hours. I got zero strategies. I really dont know what could be wrong. I checked everything. Look at my screenshots please

thanks

User AvatarAndi

You got only 8671 generated strategies? Why is that small number? Do you leave your browser behind or minimized? Sometimes this pauses the work of the generator. The browser needs to be active in front of you. For 10 hours you should be getting about 1 000 000 strategies, not 8k…

The other thing comes to my mind is that your computer is veeery slow. But I do not think that this is the reason because even it is extreeemely slow you should get more strategies than 8k..

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart