Home Forums MetaTrader EA Portfolio capacity on MT4

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarRoni Lenhardt
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi guys!</p>
      I’m setting up a demo account and I’m preparing about 90 portfolio with about 10 EAs each. The goal is to keep track of the results and allocate the best strategies on a real account.

Do any of you have experience with anything similar? I’m afraid MT4 might start skipping orders or just crash or stop working somehow, and I’m also afraid there’s no way I can find out if an order was supposed to be placed but wasn’t.

Thanks in advance

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Roni,

MT4 can only support 100 Expert Advisors so MT4 will only support Ten of your portfolios. To run the 90 portfolios with 10 EAs in each one you would have to have 9 different MT4’s connected to the same account. I have had two MT4’s connected to the same account but not 9. I suppose you could connect 9 MT4’s to one account. You may need multiple demo accounts.

Alan,

User AvatarRoni Lenhardt
      Participant

I think MT4 allows 100 EAs in 100 different charts. The sottware doesn’t know what happens inside tha EA file (in terms of existing more than 1 strategy in each). I’ve already been using over 40 Portfolio EAs in one MT4, with around 10 strategies each (about 400 strategies).

What I’m actually afraid of is it’s capacity to deal with the amount of strategies (900~1000). I don’t think there’s a way to find out if orders are not being triggered.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart