Home Forums General Discussion EA not trading

BlackBull Markets

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarOllu Timo
      Participant

Hi All,

I’ve been running the MartingaleEA for couple of weeks now and it has not place a single trade can anyone help with this. Please see my settings below:

User AvatarAlan Northam

To test the EA to make sure it is working correctly use the Strategy Tester.

Alan,

User AvatarGypsy Heart
        Participant

Where can I find the “strategy tester”?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gypsy,

Look in MT4/MT5 View tab or Cntrl+R.

Alan,

User AvatarGypsy Heart
        Participant

OK so, quick question for you guys.. I bought the “Forex Gold Investor” yesterday and installed it.  I used the setfile that Petko dropped under his video.   With this setfile there have been no trades taken.   I see a smiley face.  I’m wondering if I need to do additional tweaking.   I used to work with a few other EAs including one called “Firestorm Scalper” which was pricey but I have stopped using it because it’s martingale and it kept hitting my equity stop, over and over again.   I decided to try this one instead because it trades with the trend.   I’m a travel nurse and burned out and been trying to get this going as a side gig for a while now and seems like I’ve been spending a lot but nothing has been working.  Thanks for any help.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gypsy,

You need to give the Expert Advisor more time to place a trade.

Alan,

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

I have a similar problem. I have a smiley face and a green arrow I am on Funded Next (using MT4) and they have twice confirmed that their platform is fine. I also have a bot from another provider which is also blocked. Ihey also assure me that everything is fine on their end.  On the grid on which I placed their bot I get a small white screen and a flashing message alternating between blue and red at the botton which says “Searching for setup” . I want to get the FTMO bot but until I unblock this problem it will be sending good money after bad.

I’m pretty sure that the blockage is on my computer. It is a very old Sony Vasio. I have already emptied all the cookies so I cannot think how to solve this problem. Can anyone please help?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Do you have a firewall blocking MT4?

Alan,

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

I don’t know but I also have the same suspicion. I will disable the firewalls on my lap-top and see if that’s the case. I’ll let you know. thanks for the tip.

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

So yes. After turning off all the firewalls the EA works. However Fundednext now admit that their platform is not in fact a VPS. I think that I will use AWS Amazon becuse the first 12 months are free and it is a large reputable company. So thanks for your help.

User AvatarAlan Northam

I am happy to hear you got it working!

Alan,

User AvatarDavid Hanlon
      Participant

However, that being said the Studio EA is on three charts with a big smiley face and not trading even though they are all on the H1 time frame and the computer has been running for several hours. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

User AvatarLeonardos Louloudis
      Participant

Hello there,

The FTMO EAs are not opening any trades at all.I bought the EAs yesterday but so far I havent seen any open position(s).

Does anybody what is happening or what could be the cause of thats?

Thank you.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Leonardos,

I currently have 5 open trades for the FTMO V6.0 robots.  When did you install them on MT4 or MT5?  If you installed them on MT4 do you see a smiley face in the upper right corner of the trading charts?  If you installed them on MT5 do you see a blue hat  in the upper right corner of the trading charts?

Alan,

Participant

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using MT4.

I see the smiling face on the top right corner and the Autotrading is enabled. Therefore the EAs should be working because they are already enabled.

I haven’t changed the magic number in the settings of the EAs though.

Thank you for you help.

Participant

The FTMO EA is working now.

It has already opened a trade XAUUSD.

Thank you for your advice.

Hy

The EA bot is not working I have tried running it in mt4 and mt5

I am using infinity forex funds 25 k funded just the xau/ usd pair works I have being trying for a week now and still nothing .The other bots don’t work unfortunately

I have tried on the demo account of a different provider too but nothing is working

Please have a look

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gleston,

I am also using the FTMO V6.0 robots with Infinity forex funds.  I have 4 robots with open trades:

audchf.i
        audusd.i
        eurusd.i
        xauusd.i

Maybe you need to remove the robots and reinstall.

Alan,

It’s not for a challenge account it’s a live account I was trying to use the bots for

This is the error It’s been like this for 3 days

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Glaston,

What is your account balance?

Alan,

It’s 25 k live funded account from infinity forex funds

User AvatarAlan Northam

The error message says auto trading disabled because the account has been changed.  Have you removed the robots from the charts and reattached to the charts?  If not try that!  Maybe even close MT4 after removing the robots.

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Glaston,

Sorry I see that after the trading disabled error message I see where it says auto trading enabled today.  So the robot looks like it is working.  Test the robot by backtesting with the Strategy tester.  If the backtest shows it is taking trades then just give it some more time to place a trade on your live account.

Alan,

I have tried today but it’s not trading need a support to fix can someone help??

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Gleston,

I asked the support team to take a look at your issue.  However, in the mean time I did a backtest using EA Studio, which is the same way the FTMO app works.  The following shows the results of the backtest and gives an idea of how many trades AUDCHF made over the last one month.  To me it looks like AUDCHF is working properly on your 8cap account.  The problem appears to me that AUDCHF just has not placed any trades lately.

Alan,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart