Home Forums General Discussion EA entry/exit time

Fxview
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAmby
      Participant

Hi.  I was wondering how to deal with the fact that EA’s open and close trades at end of day when the spreads are huge.  Most of the strategies EA Studio finds have trades during this period.  I’m assuming the backtest results don’t account for increased spreads during these hours (or does it?), whereas in live trading the spreads are huge.  I tried editing some strategies using the entry and exit time indicators but I’m not sure if it works correctly because almost every strategy immediately becomes unprofitable the moment I add exit time ( before I even limit the exit times).    Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Amby,

Yes, the entry time is a solution. Try generating EAs with it included as a preset indicator and not adding it after that.

Let me know.

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hi Amby,

Time entry would work as Petko says. However I think it would be easier just to use the time settings in EA studio rather than the time entry indicator.

Just change the hours from 0:00 – 24:00 to avoid opening new positions during the high spread hours. This will all be included in the EA studio code if you change these settings.

Either way will do the job though 😉

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart