Home Forums Express Generator Download FTMO Data (JSON)?

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      User AvatarWassB
      Participant

Hello,

I want to use the Express Generator for creating strategies based on FTMO Data. I have attempted to download those data using the “fetch.js” file, but it only downloads Premium Data, and doesn’t allow the selection of other Broker data.

Is there a way to download the FTMO Data that is already available on the EA Studio? I am aware that it’s possible to download data from any broker using the Data Export.mq4 script, but since I don’t have an FTMO account and the FTMO Data are already present on EA Studio, is there a method to extract this data in a .JSON format ?

Thank you,

Wassim

User Avataraaronpriest
      Participant

Sure, you just have to define it in your scripts or .ini file, such as –server FTMO or server = FTMO, depending where you do it.

User Avataraaronpriest
        Participant

There should be two hyphens there before server, but the forum removes one in the comments after hitting submit.

User AvatarWassB
        Participant

Thank you for your answer aaronpriest,

I tried to add the parameter –server FTMO when I run the fetch.js, but I had an error “Unknown Parameters…”. I guess we can’t choose the server using the ini file.

Do you have the “server” parameter? Maybe I don’t have the last update of Express Generator.

Thank you,

Wassim

User Avataraaronpriest
          Participant

The .ini file would use “server = FTMO” if you go with that method. If you do it via variables on a command line script as I do then it would be “–server FTMO”. Both work. You do need a newer version of Express Generator though, I can’t remember which build number added it without looking it up.

User AvatarWassB
            Participant

Ok I got the latest version and now I have the server parameter and It works, I have all data I need now.

Thanks for your answers.

Wassim

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart