BlackBull Markets
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarTrader Matt

Hi Everyone,

This is to discuss the Dark Venus robot, parameters and results to see if we can all profit from it and lift everyone up.

Set files can be shared, but please test them first. Your account is your responsibility.
      The set files are not recommendations, just sharing our best results so far. Past results do not indicate future returns.

Let’s go!

User AvatarBrian Goodfellow
      Participant

Hello Matt! Thanks for alerting us to this fantastic robot! Just watched your latest YT video.

Have you considered changing the Coefficient Grid Management to about 0.15 or 0.2 (to decrease the rate of martingale effect) and also increase the Min Distance Multiplier to 1.2 0r 1.3? (resulting in less trades in a trending market).

I’m forward testing them currently…they’re still profitable but seemingly safer.

User AvatarTrader Matt

Thanks so much Brian!

Well done, and great thinking.

Safer is better. I like your style.

I didn’t backtest all possibilites, so I really appreciate your suggestions.

How are they going for you so far? How’s the forward testing going? And which broker’s data are you testing it on?

Here are 2 set files that I prepared on friday with some DD protection on them.
        I haven’t tested them as yet. They have a -25% DD protection for the $3000 account on MT5 and a 2 or 3 % DD protection for a MT4 Prop firm account where -5% is the limit.
        I believe it’s a “daily shutoff” protection too, so if the market is going crazy, it won’t enter after already losing that amount.

Feel free to test them and let me know how you go. I will be doing the same.

Happy trading.

Warmly
        Matt.

User AvatarBrian Goodfellow
      Participant

Hey Matt, thanks for the suggestions on the daily “shut-off”- I’ll set up some demo accounts on that.

I’m currently forward testing a few variations on forex pairs on FBS demo accounts and will keep you all posted with results on the better ones.

Cheers

Brian

User AvatarTrader Matt

Fantastic Brian!
        I’m keen to see it all. Thank you.

User Avatarmkfxtim
      Participant

Thanks for the recent video Matt, I am running Dark Venus on my darwinex zero account. Its done well as I too have been using the max DD settings. It helps keep things ticking over, I am just short of the profit requirement to get allocation, so hopefully I will be ready for allocation by the end of the month.

User Avatarmkfxtim
      Participant

Hey Matt,

What pairs and timeframes have you found work best? I am looking to increase the amount of pairs its running on, currently have the following:
      AUDUSD – M5
      EURCAD – M5
      XAGUSD – M30

I am not running anything else with it as yet. But I am thinking it might be worthwhile ramping it up.

User AvatarTom Connors
      Participant

Hi, I was just wondering if you could supply some settings for a 1000 usd mt4 account? Or direct me as to which settings I should change? Also was wondering what leverage you were using with both your mt4 and mt5 april edition set files?

Many thanks,

Tom

User AvatarAndrew Lim
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

How do I set Dark Venus (DV) to stop when it is trending? I keep getting caught up in trend scenarios with DD consequences, and DV just keeps adding new trades.

• What settings could I limit my exposure to say no more than 2 or 3 trades?
      • What settings could I apply to stop trading when it is trending?

TIA

User AvatarAndrew Lim
        Participant

BTW I’m using the MT4 settings posted in the YT video.

User AvatarTrader Matt

Hi Andrew, how are you?

Have you tried backtesting with different settings?

Here’s a few you can try also:

1. Allow Buy / Sell. When you notice a trend, switch one of them off.
          2. decrease max buy/sell orders to 3 or your chosen number.
          3. disable grid. so you only have the 1 trade open.
          4. increase min distance of the grid, so it opens less trades. ie. 100 instead of 50. Meaning it’ll open half as many trades, as the grid is bigger. or 150, depending on your trading style.

I hope that helps.

Let us know how you get on and any feedback would be great.

Happy Trading

Matt

Dark Venus Minimisation Strategies

User AvatarAndrew Lim
            Participant

Thanks Matt, this is very helpful.

I have been back-testing all weekend on the DD experienced in April. I have changed the following settings which seems to have helped:

• For Target Settings I have chosen “Fix Money as a point” thus forcing the EA to pick my Take Target setting allowing me to close out a trade early with smaller wins.
            • I have also implemented Grid Settings to be Min Distance to be 150 which works well for my strategy (EURUSD and ERUJPY)
      User AvatarIvan Evtimov
      Participant

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing the set files and your considerations regarding drawdown protection. It’s great to see you’re prioritizing risk management in your trading approach. I wanted to touch base regarding the 25% drawdown limit you’ve set for the $3000 account on MT5.

Considering your strategy and risk tolerance, have you thought about implementing a drawdown threshold that triggers earlier than 25%? The idea behind this approach is to potentially limit losses more quickly, thus preserving more capital over time.

What are your thoughts on this strategy adjustment? I’d love to hear your perspective and discuss how we can fine-tune your risk management approach for optimal performance.

And while I am on that subject have you had the chance to explore any new adjustments in the Dark Venus. I’m curious to hear if you’ve made any tweaks or discoveries that could further enhance the performance and stability of this magnificent Expert Advisor.

Looking forward to your insights!

Warm regards, Ivan

User AvatarTrader Matt

Hello Ivan,

And thank you for your thoughtful questions.

I see your point regarding the reduction of the 25% DD, though the funny thing is that doing so, can also reduce the profits of the EA buy cutting the “deep” trades off too early, which would make more losses. You might be looking for a good scalping robot that’s in and out of the trades quickly. Perhaps this robot could do that, with no grid and pick the right strategy from it’s 6 options…

Dark Venus 6 strategies

… That would be an interesting experiment to pursue also. Grid vs No grid on each strategy.

Perhaps another way to decrease DD would be to double Grid size from 50 to 100, meaning half as many trades. But still allowing the EA to work its magic.

Another possibility would be pick only the top performers from my fxblue history. At this time, since the restart 22/4/2024, the silver chart has a ~43 profit factor.
        If you only used 5 or 6 charts, instead of 21, the DD would be less.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how you go and your thoughts on that Ivan.

Happy trading

Matt

User AvatarTrader Matt

Hi Tijl, congratulations on your successes with DarwinEx and Dark Venus, and sorry to hear about the $1000 live account. Did you learn something from it?

Dark Venus can be bit of a beast, so perhaps going slower with it might be better in the long run, as this is a grid / martingale system, (which can be switched off) and can hit high DD quite quickly, depending on your lots and grid settings.

I noticed quite a bit of DD atm on your account, so be careful. Do you have DD protection on the account now? I’ve included some new set files below, check them out, do some testing with them, backtesting, or on a demo etc, and let me know your thoughts. I hope they help.

So maybe, for you, this could be a smaller gainer EA to work in as part of your strategy with other EAs? Use smaller, safer settings, to help it profit into the future.

How does that sound?

Happy Trading

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart