Home Forums Prop Firms FTMO Challenge Break even

Global Prime
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarskaab
      Participant

Hello,

I start using the FTMO robot yesterday and I observed that break even don’t work.

User AvatarAlan Northam

If you place a Breakeven of 300 points this means that after your trade makes a profit of 300 points or more and the trade reverses direction Breakeven will place a breakeven order to protect your account from loss. The SL in the EA properties box will not change. The breakeven order will override SL price.

Alan,

User Avatarskaab
      Participant

Heloo

Yes I know, but that didn’t happen in a trade of EURUSD ?

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi skaab,

Which EURUSD are you referring too?  Can you provide the magic number so I can check on it?

Alan,

User Avatarskaab
      Participant

Where I can find the magic number ?

And the robot excuted more trades today in another and there is the same problem of the beak even.

User AvatarAlan Northam

Better yet just click on F7  and show me a screenshot of the EA Properties Box.

User Avatarskaab
      Participant

User AvatarAlan Northam

So here is what happens.  When you get an entry signal a trade of 0.85 lots is opened.  No additional lots can be added when a new entry signal is given because the maximum position size is set to 0.85.  Then when a reversal signal is given the lot size is reduced to 0.00 closing out the trade because the Amount to Close on reduction is set to 0.85.  Since the trade is closed out when the trend reverses SL is not moved to breakeven.

Alan,

User Avatarskaab
      Participant

Hello

So I think I should change the amount to close on reduction to 0.0 lot to solve this problem.

User AvatarBenedikt Schneider
      Participant

Hello, I have the same problem. No additional trade with breakeven will be opened. See appendix. What exactly is the error here?

Participant

Participant

Could you please upload a screenshot of how exactly the lots should be set.

User AvatarAlan Northam

To show a screenshot of exactly how to set up the lots depends upon how you want the EA’s to function.

Alan,

User Avatarskaab
          Participant

I reduced the amount to close in reduction but I still have the same problem with the break even, I need to have a solution for that because I lost trades with this problem.

Participant

nor does the bot recognize a trend reversal in order to exit the current trade earlier.
      Is this due to the same problem? All my trades run either in the SL or in the TP.

User Avatarlucket
      Participant

Hello, does this option also work in version 5.0 (Break Even)?
      Thank you very much!

User AvatarAlan Northam

No! V5 is a different strategy.

Alan,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart