Home Forums Trading Strategies Backtest difference MT5 to eatradingacademy Reply To: Backtest difference MT5 to eatradingacademy

Hey mate,

You are missing the main issue. It is with the digits of your broker. I will try to explain it simply. Stay with me.

This strategy has a Stop Loss of $1220. But this is for the regular brokers that have two digits after the decimal comma.

They would display the price, for example, $41500.00. And there we might have the $1220 SL. But when your broker offers the price without the cents then the SL is not actually $1220. I guess it is just $12.20. The EAs read the digits, this is programming. So when the number of digits is different then the SL and the TP will be different. It’s not about how high the price of Bitcoin is compared to the cents.

When you make the backtest, check the orders and see the result when the SL is hit. Is it $1220? This is why your backtest has more number of trades, because the orders are closed much faster because of the smaller SL and TP (because the digits are less).

Hope that makes sense.

Shopping Cart